It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Many Predict US Financial Collapse in September

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Let us contemplate the day in the near future when the consequences of financial chicanery finally outpace the ability of the governments, central banks and big media to cover up and obfuscate the truth. Many respected voices have now gone on record that September 30 or thereabouts will be that day.

Source Link: www.henrymakow.com...

If you follow the MSM financial news reports they tell us that we will recover from this crisis soon enough, bottomline! If you read the papers, they tell you that we are being ripped off in broad daylight but smile since our elected officials don't seem to be panicing why should we. And then theirs the Alt News Source! Their accused of being "Dome and Gloomers" "Negative Haters of this Adminastration" even though it happened during the Bush era. But the simple fact is "it's time to take your money out of the banks people, you have nothing to loss if you do but possibly a lot if you don't! Think about it seriously! Banker Holiday happened in 1933, it's been anounced that they are going to do it again this Fall so why not listen to the burglar before he brakes into your home?

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 04:03 AM
link   
And what are you going to do if all your paper money is worthless once you take it from the bank if the econ. is going to totally crash?

Well, nothing. Thats why this stuff is all garbage brother. If the USA crashes, your dollars are worthless..

And out of I believe the 17 recessions this country has been in, we have gotten out of all 17, so I will play the odds. Its always hard at "the bottom" but thats when the best opportunities come into play.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 04:07 AM
link   
if it happens it happens. What can you do about it? If these "predictions come true, so be it." It would either be our chance to become the world's greatest nation once again or the populace will attack itself resulting in a place with more disorder than a 3rd world nation. Choose your fate.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 04:53 AM
link   
I'm not sure we have pulled ourselves out of all 17 recessions. I'm convinced we manipulated our way out, and that manipulation may prevent us from getting out of this one in the same way. That said, regardless of how big the crash is, we will eventually get out of it. Only this time it may take a few decades.

America isn't perfect. And while it is still difficult for people to believe that things can go horribly wrong in the US, just remember that we're on planet Earth, where few things ever go according to plan.

As for September 30th? My birthday is on the 24th. I'll be 25. It would really blow goats if the crash of the American Empire happened so close to that.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 05:01 AM
link   
well i assume they picked the 30th of september because thats the end of the 2009 fiscal year. So far for this fiscal year, they federal deficit is already past $1trillion and the national debt etc. etc.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by GreenBicMan

Then try buying something that's actually worth something while your dollars still have some value, gold or silver.Buy Swiss franks or spread your money over several different currencies.Buy storable food but don't do nothing.You may have got through recessions before but then you actual used to manufacture things ,your citizens had savings rather than debts ,your government didn't owe 11 trillion dollars.This giant ponzi scheme can't last forever.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Honestly if we start having swine flu in the fall like some people are predicting, our economy will already tank. Paper money is filty filthy filthy and a horrible spreader of disease. Believe me, I've seen people wash their bills before and me and almost everyone else watching almost threw up.

On a serious note though I'd theorize that such an event would play nicely into making super-regional entities like the NAU or even just go Hail Mary and make a one world currency.

"You're dollars are worthless? Here have an Amero and tell your friends they're good for something too."

For me I've already planned on stocking up on food once I get into school this fall. I'm starting graduate school so it'll be hard, but between this and any pandemic that may come about I want to be ready to go 2-3 weeks without going outside my apartment for anything. I'm also planning bug out routes already as a "Just-in-case" measure.

Oddly though despite the fact that this should scare the heebe jeebes out of me like it would have a few years ago, I'm oddly calm about it now. Kinda like when you hear a Tornado Warning here in the midwest, after so long you just go "Oh? Guess we ought to mozy into the basement then, let me grab my paper." Don't really have an explanation on that other than maybe because I've seen the signs pointing towards this since 2006.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 06:16 AM
link   
The US is too big to fail. You won't be allowed to fail because you'd drag everyone else down with you. All countries are interlinked now and the US will simply not be allowed to fail. There might be a heavy price but still everything will go on chugging well they work it out behind the scenes.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by postmeme

No America is NOT too big to fail. It is in debt to the rest of the world which is in debt, in fact, it is too big to maintain. And with political Blocs like BRIC being formed as counters to the US imperial powers it is safe to say that the rest of the world would gladly take a hit to even out the playing field.

[edit on 19-7-2009 by projectvxn]

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 06:34 AM
link   
It was kind of creepy, I was listening to TSP this morning on the way to work and sure enough ole Jack mentioned a 20 year recovery time. One of the best pieces of advice I've heard so far is to pay off all debts and invest in some land, its got value outside of the monetary and in a truly crap situation can provide for you via food (think permaculture not just gardening).

+6 more 
posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by postmeme
The US is too big to fail. You won't be allowed to fail because you'd drag everyone else down with you. All countries are interlinked now and the US will simply not be allowed to fail. There might be a heavy price but still everything will go on chugging well they work it out behind the scenes.

US hegemony has angered some other players in the world.

Some see the resources of the world starting to get a little thin.

700 bases in 130+ countries and ppl want us out of their lives for good.

I think you will find that the house of cards has been setup to fall
quite spectacularly and it is now come to these key issues:

It has been confirmed by other news sources now that the
$134 billion in US bonds were likely real, and the japanese
men sneaking them around were likely japanese ministry of finance.

If that is true and they are trying to quietly dump them on the
market and other countries start doing it, we don't have long and
it is likely the trigger event for the Wall street journals mentioned
upcoming nationwide bank shutdown.

*** The two below say that the two japanese men stopped
with supposedly fake bonds were released...And if they
had been fake they would have broken the law and be
held on counterfeiting charges.
This says the japanese are dumping US bonds secretly
to get off the ship before it goes beneath the waves...

www.freerepublic.com...

market-ticker.denninger.net...

*** Below says US foreign Embassys are being told to horde
1 years worth of non-US currency due to a possible
lengthy banking shutdown.

www.marketwatch.com...

Speaking of shutdown, 7 banks in one day went poof...

www.fdic.gov...

FDIC top level official says bank closures to increase 10 fold.

moneynews.newsmax.com...

The unofficial troubled bank list as of 30 march 2009 ( 4 months old )
It is worse than the march list at this time.

bankimplode.com...

Each one on its own could be weathered, add them all up and you
get a compounding formula for financial chaos.

Once the fear grips the public they will shutter the banks to prevent
a run on the banks because here is the kicker.

Only 3% of the US money supply exists as paper or coin, LOL.

If you got gold or silver you maybe safe if they do not do another
precious metal seizure like they tried in 1933 under FDR.

The panic of 1908 may look mild after this giant ponzi scheme collapses.

Once the "just in time" ordering system leaves us with empty shelves
nation wide due to the panic, at some point there will be martial law,
and at some point there will be gun confiscation like Katrina.

There is not enough land to grow enough food for all the ppl in the cities
piled on top of each other.

There will be a mass exodus to the country and some of it may be
mad max style once ppl think they are gonna starve to death.

If you do not have a safe place to go to outside the huge concrete
jungles then you are in deep trouble most likely.

If the government can't respond to Katrina, how do you think they
will fair with this ???

Check out HR 645 for an answer to that.

Good Luck to you all !

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
As for September 30th? My birthday is on the 24th. I'll be 25. It would really blow goats if the crash of the American Empire happened so close to that.

Read my other post, it may be before your birthday amigo.

We got some serious problems about to blow up in our faces.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by postmeme

It happened before by design, and it can happen again, and if you
look at the derivatives ponzi scheme that wiped out Iceland you will
see that it was by design.

What is coming for the US is the same thing, and they have arranged
multiple pressure points to assure the collapse.

Check them out in my other post and they are pretty much everything
mentioned in the link provided by the OP.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sir Solomon
For me I've already planned on stocking up on food once I get into school this fall. I'm starting graduate school so it'll be hard, but between this and any pandemic that may come about I want to be ready to go 2-3 weeks without going outside my apartment for anything. I'm also planning bug out routes already as a "Just-in-case" measure.

We have been told you want 10 - 12 weeks of materials for
staying in your house or whatever location for the swine flu.

I'd say a lot longer for a total financial collapse.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Well, at a federal level, things are still running, on the state level things are very different. And remember one feeds the other. Just take one look at California (IOU, almost junk bond status). And now:

Struggling to resolve a 17-day-old budget impasse, Pennsylvania is withholding pay for 69,000 state employees for time worked after July 1.

money.cnn.com...

What happens when all these laid off and unpaid workers stop paying taxes? Or, if the Treasury can no longer find eager buyers for debt? Sept seems a little early to me, but unless something big happens soon, it looks like there is no fundamental reason for this to end. The house of cards seems destined to collapse, no matter what the nice people on MSM keep saying "we will be out of the recession next year." Wait. didn't they say that last year?

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by oneinthesame
What happens when all these laid off and unpaid workers stop paying taxes? Or, if the Treasury can no longer find eager buyers for debt? Sept seems a little early to me, but unless something big happens soon, it looks like there is no fundamental reason for this to end. The house of cards seems destined to collapse, no matter what the nice people on MSM keep saying "we will be out of the recession next year." Wait. didn't they say that last year?

Well unless you think your smarter than the ppl that accurately
predicted the Oct. 2008 crash, I'd listen to the ppl with the decent
prediction ratio.

In electronics there is a circuit called a degenerative feedback loop,
and that is what we will get if ppl clam up and stop spending because
they have been, or fear they will be, laid off.

Once you start eroding the public's ability to spend money,
then you start losing that tax revenue, and it feeds back
on its self because the gov and businesses will let ppl go.

If there is a banking panic, and a run on the banks, then who knows
how bad it will get, banking shutdown for sure most likely.

I think once ppl get wind of the real truth its gonna go nuts.

I do not plan to stay in the city, and my bugout bag is packed and
ready to go.

The cities will be not safe when the food trucks stop showing up
in the cities.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Ex_MislTech

Indeed. I was actually shooting for October when the SHTF. I have my bug out bag ready to go. Reno wouldn't be safe. Lots of ex-cons and lots of them are on meth. Not to mention REALLY dumb cops.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Sorry, it's not gonna happen. As much as we need it too in order to rebuild under a system that has REAL value, it just won't. Sure, states will limp along - perhaps even succumbing to new federal mandates that require them to relinquish some of their Constitutionally granted sovereignty in exchange for cash. But, for the most part, TPTB are realizing how far over the line they've stepped this time as they have trashed even their own wealth. Nope, they need the system to survive as it is their only mechanism of monopoly. In fact, look for things to continue to improve - oddly enough and despite every drop of logic pointing to the contrary. TPTB just went second and long and dropped the ball. They're on third down now and will enter the game with a new plan - swine flu anyone???

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

I'm sorry but the facts don't support your assertion. The market is already overbought based on NOTHING but "less worse" data. Not only that, the profits we're seeing in a lot of the big players right now have come from them leveraging taxpayer money and pocketing the difference after selling the public the losses in order to do it.

Here's an example of the kind of manipulation the market is running on. The fundamentals are not there for a recovery. But machines that can calculate loss are. It's also much easier if you can gear public policy to suit your needs.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
reply to post by kozmo

I'm sorry but the facts don't support your assertion. The market is already overbought based on NOTHING but "less worse" data.

Here's an example of the kind of manipulation the market is running on. The fundamentals are not there for a recovery. But machines that can calculate loss are. It's also much easier if you can gear public policy to suit your needs.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

You can take that manipulation a huge step further if you consider
a lot of companies took some of their debt and spun it off as
derivatives and hid it on the unregulated OTC market, aka the
penny stock market to avoid SEC investigation.

It has ballooned to 1,000 Trillion Dollars of derivatives, and that is
ludicrous, and is likely the one VERY big nail in the US financial coffin.

Some of the derivatives fiasco is what tanked Iceland, and it was
all by design as well.

[edit on 19-7-2009 by Ex_MislTech]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join