It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Local Man Captures "UFO" on Video

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by tyranny22

Great footage of whatever it is.... the first ball of light which suddenly takes off is very impressive, i've never seen balls of lightning myself so can't say but the second set of lights at first just look like fireworks and at a second glance look like some small pieces of rock falling from the sky... it's ptobably like the guy in the video says.... lightning hitting a communications pole!

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 06:09 AM
link   
not sure what the lights are

but what comes to my mind is maybe this is a similar affect to the foo fighters some pilots reported seeing in ww2

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 07:23 AM
link   
But can you not see the power lines in the video these objects appear to be running down,not sure about the object which darted away but the others seem to be running down a line in the video.there is also a vid on youtube which shows this same phenomena

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 07:45 AM
link   
That's a tough one. I tend to lean in the ball of lightening camp. Do we know if he took the photos during a storm? Also the power lines are there and it appears the balls follow what could be power lines.

Also, they are somewhat similar to the recent sightings of lights over Stephensville, TX, which I believe were holograms.

I do not see the "saucer" or craft, just lights, or electricity.

Very nice post, thanks...

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Now everything is ball lightning?Wasnt that long ago that ball lightning was laughed at by science and now with little proof they use it to explain many ufo/orb sightings out in the real world outside their labs

Real good vid,thanks for the clip

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I have an idea maybe it is really ufo's with aliens in them.

But then again maybe not....

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I really seldom s&f ufo video threads but the video was good.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I agree about the double ufo one. It definitely seems as if they are traveling parallel down lines. So the powerline idea seems legit. The other ball, who can say.

But.. also, consider.. maybe the ball is what caused the power to go down the powerlines. So maybe the ball is the important bit.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by tigpoppa

and clearly you dont study physics or ball lightning

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   
the one that appears at 1.48 in the film seems to "pop through" from somewhere else , stop for a moment once through and then accelerate away to the left on a very organic course.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Thanks for the post. It appears to be the power line. I thought one way to explain the unusual movement would be that the power line was damaged and snapped thus giving the appearance of a UFO darting away.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
It was definitely not a ball lighting, ball lightings may move similar but they are red or orange, not rainbow colored. I think it's the same for meteors.

Energy in the power lines would explain the UFOs that go in the straight line but what about the one that suddently moves to the left...

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by tyranny22

In the link to the story, there’s another local news item about a tornado in Hickman, ripping off the roof to a restaurant. Couldn’t really tell if the two happened at the same time, (both are dated the same day) and don’t know how far apart the locations are, but could they be related? Could the fella with the camera see a transformer blow up in the tornado?

Probably playing connect the dots with no dots here......

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Seriously. I think it was some kind of sparklers. How hard would it be to reproduce this using hand held flamage? The guy that took the video is hiding for some reason. These days, it's not that odd to report on what you see in the sky, and the "nutcase" opinion isn't as mainstream anymore. So, of what is he really afraid? And the footage is dark. There are many different types and colors of sparkler. Why couldn't this be someone shooting footage of someone wearing all black and playing with sparklers?

I'm all for genuine sightings and believe there is something to the ebe theory, but this just doesn't seem even close.

Comparison 1 - Sparklers

Comparison 2 - Phosphorus

edit: added vids

[edit on 19-7-2009 by obilesk]

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
For the sake of comparison, here is a video of corona discharge from youtube. It doesn't look exactly like what was seen in the other video, but gives a good idea of what sort of crazy things can happen near power lines.

www.youtube.com...
[edit on 19-7-2009 by suicydking]

[edit on 19-7-2009 by suicydking]

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Its a fake. Let me explain how.

Look at frame 00:47 - 00:52. Instead of the blast disappearing off frame, it looks like it hits an invisible wall. There are other moments in the footage where the blast disappears before leaving frame.

Second, it looks very CGI as well.

Third, what are the chances that a UFO suddenly showed up while this guy was filming that one section of sky. Illogical.

[edit on 19-7-2009 by Pathos]

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by obilesk
Seriously. I think it was some kind of sparklers. How hard would it be to reproduce this using hand held flamage? The guy that took the video is hiding for some reason. These days, it's not that odd to report on what you see in the sky, and the "nutcase" opinion isn't as mainstream anymore. So, of what is he really afraid? And the footage is dark. There are many different types and colors of sparkler. Why couldn't this be someone shooting footage of someone wearing all black and playing with sparklers?

I'm all for genuine sightings and believe there is something to the ebe theory, but this just doesn't seem even close.

I'm very open to the ufo theory, but not in this case. I have to agree with you, it does seem very odd the the guy that took the video is hiding. I don't trust him... And quite honestly, the video itself is not very clear...

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by suicydking

Thanks for posting that

I really think that that is what saw and taped with his camera.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by suicydking

Another great possibility. The only thing that differentiates the guy's vid and a possible Coronal Discharge is that CD tends to be more uniform than what we see in this case. Even the retired power line professional had to take pause and say that the part of the Vid where the anomaly appears and streaks off to the viewer's left is something he hasn't seen before. Maybe CD can create this effect - I don't know. All I do know is that something feels a little fishy in the mix.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur
You want to know a fact that's stranger than fiction? Most of the power in a power line doesn't flow through the wire, it flows in an electromagnetic field surrounding the wire.

Could you please site a source of this fact?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join