It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Local Man Captures "UFO" on Video

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
maybe its a .....well let me think ........................a UFO
wheres TeslaandLyne on this one? would like to hear his view
but realy i think it could be somthing like this but I am still on the fence?

[edit on 19-7-2009 by paradiselost333]

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I have a theory about the video.

IF the first object that zooms off to the eft is not camera movement but actually something zipping off than I say that was a UFO.

But the later stuff is obviously electrical lines. I've seen the exact thing up close. My old house growing up had tall italian cyprus trees lining the back yard wall right where the local power lines went through. When the wind would blow hard enough the trees would sway and knock the power lines together. You'd see a bright white/blue flash and a ball of light (right where the power lines connected) followed by electricity arcing and dancing down the power line for about 10 feet. THe footage in the video looks very much like that to me. Also seen it once after a major earthquake in the early 90's in Los Angeles. the transformers would blow out overload the next one and blow it out etc... Every time same thing as in the video. The flashes are bright enough to make you think they are car headlights lighting up the street only to find out they are those trash can shaped power transformers blowing up.

So I say the first thing is (granted it's not motion blur) a UFO. the Craft somehow surged the power lines which then began to bleed electricity or something. (the second part of the video)

The power company might never have known this was going on either because they never did when it happened in my own back yard, and power wasn't interrupted or cut out afterwards.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Ball lightening? With no clouds and clear blue sky? I'm not convinced.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Nice Find!

Looks like critters/plasma lifeforms.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by tigpoppa

You make a great point here. I contacted the UK met office about six years ago in relation to a UFO case and was told by them that there is only
'anecdotal evidence' regarding ball lightning. So there you have it.

This UFO speeds away from a stationary position and is video evidence is clearly a fine example of the very real UFO phenomena.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I think it could be lightening...I am no expert, we don`t get really big storms in Yorkshire. I did manage to capture this recently, lightening forming a `loop`, never seen that before.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ironbutterflyrusted

Was this the storm around 7/7

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ironbutterflyrusted

LO!yes it was just noticed the date,thats the biggest we get for the year

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
im not sure what it can be, but the ball that pops out and shoots to the left makes it very strange to me, so im not ruling out UFO.

SnF

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Greetings ,

Good post S&F.

I have read all the alternative possibilities and viewed the video's here that have been posted .
This object showed Intelligent Control in the way at one moment it moved in a different direction .

Blessings and Peace

reply to post by tyranny22

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Could the advanced age of the camera have something to do with it? I wonder if the tape used inside the camera also very old? If it uses VHS, then a fresh tape might have been used as they are still (just barely) available at many electronics stores.

I suppose if there was a problem with the image sensors or if the camera was old enough in design to experience 'burn-in', then every shot would show the anomaly, right?

Anyone get a good glimpse at the camera who also knows about older video camera technology? If older video tape was used, does it have a kind of shelf life where if used many years later can yield unpredictable results?

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
It appears to be running along the wire. I believe it is just some electrical discharge...

PEACE!!!

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by synchro
Could the advanced age of the camera have something to do with it? I wonder if the tape used inside the camera also very old? If it uses VHS, then a fresh tape might have been used as they are still (just barely) available at many electronics stores.

I suppose if there was a problem with the image sensors or if the camera was old enough in design to experience 'burn-in', then every shot would show the anomaly, right?

Anyone get a good glimpse at the camera who also knows about older video camera technology? If older video tape was used, does it have a kind of shelf life where if used many years later can yield unpredictable results?

I believe if its in cool place it could last long, otherwise im pretty sure they will deteriorate over time...

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Hi there,

Anybody got the weather data out ? (archives)

This is what happens when lightning strikes a HT line :

i263.photobucket.com...

i263.photobucket.com...

Photo courtesy of Alex Hermant : alexhermant.blogzoom.fr...

Cheers,
Europa

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I've seen corona's traveling down high voltage lines in Wyoming that looked just like that.

I've seen both ball and sheet lightening while in the desert in Southern Utah in my youth.

I'm going to lean toward the natural phenomena on this since it so closely resembles things I've seen with my own eyes.

The single time I saw sheet lightning was the most unnerving by the way. I was in a box canyon and it was most impressive. The sound of the thunder echoing was deafening. Scared the crap out of me as I was only a teenager

The first time I saw a corona traveling down a million volt line, I was working near Kemmerer, Wyoming as an Industrial Electricians Apprentice. It was a blue ball of plasma that ran right down the transmission lines at high speed. It was not actually on the line, but followed it a few feet above. I would have thought it was a UFO except I was with an experienced person who had seen them before.

I'd fully understand why this person thought what he did.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
The distinct green colour could be a key here, first off it precludes Ball Lightning, at least as I have seen it, which is Sunlike with an Orange corona and does not move very fast, also the Ball I saw came after both a Lightning flash and the almighty Thunderclap and it does fizzle..that's my anecdote.
The Green colour is problematic as it seems to suggest something metallic like Copper,or Barium which is not usually a natural substance, and maybe nothing else. More info needed from the experts.

[edit on 19-7-2009 by smurfy]

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I'm pretty convinced the latter 'balls' are going through a power line, so the question is: what's the first 'ball'???

Is it possible to induce these powerline surges by throwing something at them?

Perhaps he wanted to stay anonymous because he threw something in the power lines to creat a fake UFO hoax? Perhaps whatever he threw up there stayed there for a short while befr falling to the ground?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8c33c889d747.jpg[/atsimg]

Click here for the full image

It does seem to show a darker part along the bottom, so maybe he didn't rotate the camera. Could it still possibly be something he threw in the powerlines that then violently 'sparked' to the left by sheer electro/magnetic power?

I have no clue, but here's the sequence as in the original video:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6c7bcc92985c.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit to add link to full image]

[edit on 19-7-2009 by Psynarchist]

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   
What gas shows up green.
There is a percentage of krypton in the air.

A craft with a lot of electricity might create a large flash of light.
The lime light is the brightest light even created on Earth.
Unless some debunker comes up with a web page to the difference.

Going by the above stills posted.
Will see video on another computer later.

Plasma from sparks like Jacob's later is very hot and climbs up
whereas the air illumination might be the effect of the UFO.

So a high voltage light perhaps, although plasma might not take
too much current either. Energizing air to make light uses the energy
of the air. Does a candle make the air make light. Electricity should
make light and a plasma form might occur but might be atomic in
some way making electrons jump orbits or shells to exhibit light.

ED: page loads go slow on computer now, perhaps my
good computer needs time each time an embed video goes by

ED: The trail might be a camera artifact or luminous air can't
say for sure about plasma

[edit on 7/19/2009 by TeslaandLyne]

[edit on 7/19/2009 by TeslaandLyne]

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Europa733

Thats plasma alright.
But this I assume is something flying around.
Who knows how this thing might be operation.
This is way more powerful than the first Foo (Tesla cone coil in a VW Bug?).
A book relating the Tesla 'death beam' components just happened to
go along with the books ideas of a world wide power system using the
ionosphere conduit. Do we support these guys, I know.
Well what if the equipment were inside a craft.
That sounds like a current from the ionosphere to the ground through
the craft. This is AC not affecting anyone inside, we hope.

The jolt of hitting this craft might be setting off these lightning effects.
And the beam of death might actually be a UFO craft method.
Another theory heard from.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Listen, you can't sit there and not see all the power lines all over the place in that video and NOT draw some sort of conclusion between what you see on the video and the electrical powerlines...

So Skeptics are what "intelligent"

And believers are what "stupid"

heh

I'm a skeptic... I draw rational conclusions to what I see.

(Keep It Simple, Stupid), and in some medical schools, "When you hear hoofbeats, think horses, not zebras".

Of two equivalent theories or explanations, all other things being equal, the simpler one is to be preferred.

The simplest explanation that covers all the facts is usually the best.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join