It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Local Man Captures "UFO" on Video

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Think about this one, this is very strage.

In this video the camera is focused on the same area on the power lines. To me it appears as if there is a "UFO" already in this location drawing energy from the lines and either caused the surge in the lines or vise versa which then causes the "craft" to light up so it takes off.

The meteorologist in the begining of the vid already said that this does not look like any ball lightening he's ever seen and sorry Phage but the camera doesnt move. The line expert says he's seen the power surge/ energy discharge in the lines before but never the light suddenly appear in thin air (which doest appear to be on the power lines but above it) and then all of a sudden dart off in that nature.

I'm not a power line woker but I'm pretty familiar with electricity and never seen a discharge like that.

[edit on 19-7-2009 by ls1cameric]

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I can see how the ball lightning theory and "lightning struck a telephone pole and its falling down" comes in for the first image shown I can see how it is lightning as it travels allong what appears to be powerlines.
THe one that throws me off though is the one that comes out of nowhere goes up, then down then swoops to the left of the screen. good footage. GLad he had the courage to turn it in

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
very interesting...ball lighting?....never heard of that...looks like some kind of attack on the second clip...very nice vid....

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

The corona's I've seen traveling high voltage lines where a blue / green. They were caused by a lot of dust in the air. Add a lightening strike to what is already traveling in a line and you have a similar situation.

I was told they are also seen near salt water where lots of salt happens to be in the atmosphere.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oreyeon
Didn't look like camera movement to me, because you can see the trees in the background haze, and they aren't moving when the light zips away.

I agree with you.
It's totaly different from camera movement.

Thanks for posting this news and video

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by whitemotel

I think the conditions have to be just right for it. I think there must be lots of dust or salt in the air when it starts up. I've seen ball lightening a couple of times. Both times on the desert in southern Utah.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by tyranny22

interesting. thanks for posting. my hypothesis is they are UFOs and they are using their cloaking technology, however when they fire up their power sources or use their directed energy weapons, they cant cloak that. It could be 2 UFOs engaging in a dogfight.

[edit on 19-7-2009 by pulsar41]

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I am amazed that yall are so ingrained in your predisposed beliefs that you will just grab "lightening" and stick to it.

The skies were pretty damn clear, there were no thunderstorms that day. Please do some research and look at the video more closely.

SO your going to tell me that lightening strikes in this manner, on a day with barely any cloud cover, and it does NOT DAMAGE the power lines????!!!

Cmon folks, this can not possibly be lightening. Not possible. Think up a better debunking please.

This video still remains a mystery at this point, regardless of what you pretend you think it is.

It is an Unidentified flying object.

Oh and show me where the power lines are in this video. There is no power lines visible. None.

Offer me something better and I might accept it. But I am not an idiot, you cannot just blow this off.

Please pay closer attention and actually think about it. Ask questions. Stop being so credulous / gullible. Thanks.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I saw something just like this about 10 years ago, along with a friend of mine. I've been searching for video of something like what we saw, for years.

Thanks so much for posting! Starred and flagged.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
reply to post by smurfy

Add a lightening strike

Explain how lightening occurs when there is no storm to produce it?

Oh, debunked

"What causes lightening?"

"Lightning is produced in thunderstorms when liquid and ice particles above the freezing level collide, and build up large electrical fields in the clouds. Once these electric fields become large enough, a giant "spark" occurs between them, like static electricity, reducing the charge separation. The lightning spark can occur between clouds, between the cloud and air, or between the cloud and ground."

www.weatherquestions.com...

Read em and weep, the lightening theory holds no water.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Looks like something entering the atmosphere and burning up like a rock or w/e or a falling star or something.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   
The video was obviously shot through a window, opening vast possibilities to produce reflections that will look like "something".

Unrelated query: Does anyone know what laser light from a pointer looks like when projected onto a working CRT displaying a black image?

Just wondering..... Thanks!

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   
No mention, by anyone in the video, if lightning was actually occuring that night or what type of weather system was going through that area. Also, no mention if power lines were in the camera's frame of view.

Absolutely pathetic journalism.

[edit on 20-7-2009 by truthtothemasses]

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Satchmo Bevins
The video was obviously shot through a window, opening vast possibilities to produce reflections that will look like "something".

Unrelated query: Does anyone know what laser light from a pointer looks like when projected onto a working CRT displaying a black image?

Just wondering..... Thanks!

Now this is a lot closer to what I think is a legitimate possibility.

Thank you for posting the idea.

There have been many window tricks going on lately, and this very well could be one of them.

Combine that with the sparkler theory posted earlier and there you go.

Sparkler + Window trick.

That makes perfect sense to me

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by tyranny22

I'm not sure what's more amazing the first usual 6 posters that are totally starstruck,
staring and flagging, amazing find etc...

or

This guy must be luckiest guy on the planet with a camera already
rolling waiting for something to cross dead center, what are the odds.
It's almost as it he knew a full 1-2 seconds in advance to position, focus
and start recording.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Could be anything.....
line 2

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 08:24 AM
link   
i've seen this exact same thing when insulators break or when transformers pop.

It is a blue green surging light resembling ball lightning.

Just this spring i saw exactly the same thing just a few blocks from my place following a lightening strike to a power line.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by truthtothemasses

Did you watch that video?

One of the first things the reporter says he noticed when he arrived to interview the subject was that there were plenty of power lines in the area.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by TeslaandLyne
reply to post by Europa733

Thats plasma alright.
But this I assume is something flying around.

YAAAAAAAAAY!

Teslaandlyne, I've read countless other posts about objects being plasma, and sad to say I didn't agree with any of them, but I'm delighted to be able to finally agree with you on this sighting, that plasma is the most likely explanation.

For you and for everyone else, that's what plasma looks like. I'm probably more educated than most on this subject with a degree in electrical power transmission systems.

The cause of the plasma is unknown. I don't see any sign of any object, though that doesn't mean there isn't one, but there doesn't have to be an object.

The lineman mentioned he'd seen effects like this in lightning storms, but it's not necessary for lightning to trigger this, could be caused by a combination of high humidity and a power surge. Most of the plasma seems to travel parallel to the line. In one case it does not, and I'm with the lineman, in saying that looks kind of odd, and while I don't have a good explanation for that, it would be ridiculous to assume that such an unexplained motion is a definite sign of intelligent control. I suppose it's one remote possibility, but at a 0.00001% level IMO, there are many much more likely explanations, like St Elmo's fire.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Nice video, I wonder which video will be the video thats makes them come clean with us like ok yal got us red handed with this 1.

Also it appears that the lights were running from each other or chasing???????

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join