It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Traits of an Empath: Descriptions and Discussion

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Nice Thread! S+F'ed for you!

Lots of very interesting reading.

=)Namaste

Erik

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I am an empath as well... one problem though. I am hyperactive by nature and my energy level is as tied, if not more so, to my emotions than it is to either sleep or food.

I work in a grocery store. Most days are great, but sometimes I go all emo. How can one tell if it is because of their emotions or because of others?

Any advice would be welcome.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Aloha.

I'm gonna do a little rebuttal to the description, so don't mistake me as a troll. I'm out to narrow down what constitutes empathy and hypersensitivity. One thing to point out is where and how one feels these emotions. There is a difference made when it is separated between body and soul. Some emotions are felt through the body while others are felt through the soul. Ok, so let me jump into... I may have to many several posts to get this done.

Empathy is the ability to read and understand people and be in-tune with or resonate with others, voluntarily or involuntarily of one's empath capacity.

This is a little too broad, yet it still is an effective description to start. The first line actually describes sympathy, and that is often what is mistaken as empathy, or vice versa. To rewrite that: Empathy is the ability to feel emotions of people and be in-tune with or resonate with others, voluntarily or involuntarily of one's empath capacity. The emotions are not always understood, sometimes mistaken as ones own emotions. The more sensitive empath is able to delineate them. The empath does not read someone's mind, yet instead a given set of emotions felt may be enough to conclude another's thought.

Empaths have the ability to scan another's psyche for thoughts and feelings or for past, present, and future life occurrences. Many empaths are unaware of how this actually works, and have long accepted that they were sensitive to others.

Empaths are usually mistaken as someone that psychoanalysis another. The empath may have zero intention to psychoanalyze someone, yet the nature to feel and react to emotions is enough for an empath to be accused of such unintentional psychoanalysis.

Many empath are also not awakened to an infinite reality, so the knowledge of where and how they feel what they feel is not fully understood. In the infinite reality, the essence of time is less meaningful, as the existence of life is not based on time.

Empaths Sense Deep Emotions
Empathy is a feeling of another's true emotions to a point where an empath can relate to that person by sensing true feelings that run deeper than those portrayed on the surface. People commonly put on a show of expression. This is a learned trait of hiding authentic expression in an increasingly demanding society.

The quote above demonstrates where people feel psychoanalyzed. People naturally defend themselves, and when an empath breaks down those defenses then the person may lash out in reaction. A decent empath learns not to force help or mention what one feels, as what is private should remain private.

An empath can sense the truth behind the cover and will act compassionately to help that person express him/herself, thus making them feel at ease and not so desperately alone.

This quote above shows how empaths get enslaved as sympathizers. Just because one has an ability to do something should not obligate that person to do something. I'm sure this point is easy misunderstood, so it is left like this for further debate.

Empaths experience empathy towards family, children, friends, close associates, complete strangers, pets, plants and inanimate objects. Empathy is not held by time or space. Thus, an empath can feel the emotions of people and things at a distance. Some are empathic towards animals (ie: The Horse Whisperer), to nature, to the planetary system, to mechanical devices or to buildings etc. Others will have a combination of the above.

Powerful empaths can feel who is awakened, who is possessed (said broadly), who is alive, the spirits, the planetary balance, the galaxy, the universe, life on other planets, etc. Powerful empaths are not anti-social (yet often mistaken), as they often have to deal with the emotions and distractions that span much greater than this Earth. Powerful empaths make good shamans, while other empaths may want to study Reiki to help channel.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Empaths Have Deep Sense of Knowing
Empaths are highly sensitive. This is the term commonly used in describing one's abilities (sensitivity) to another's emotions and feelings. Empaths have a deep sense of knowing that accompanies empathy and are often compassionate, considerate, and understanding of others.

The above is more egotistical than an empathic ability. An empath that is familiar with several concurrent emotions may know what they mean what they happen together, yet that does not mean every empath knows it the same. The ability to feel may seem intrinsic, yet the ability to know what one feels requires study.

There are also varying levels of strength in empaths which may be related to the individualís awareness of self, understanding of the powers of empathy, and/or the acceptance or non-acceptance of empathy by those associated with them, including family and peers. Generally, those who are empathic grow up with these tendencies and do not learn about them until later in life.

Generally, people do not understand empathy. They either associate it with sympathy or being just overly sensitive to any situation. They don't understand what it means to be hypersensitive. They don't understand how it feels to separate the emotions the body feels and the emotions the soul feels. Being hyper-stimulated is also often confused with hyper-sensitivity.

Powerful empaths don't "awaken" to their abilities, as it is something they always have, and it is part of what awakens them in each body.

Empathy is Inherited
Empathy is genetic, inherent in our DNA, and passed from generation to generation. It is studied both by traditional science and alternative healing practitioners.

Empathy has both biological/genetic and spiritual aspects.

The body has empathic abilities, yet that is not the same as the empathic abilities the soul has. Science is not able to reach into the soul and make any distinctions. Powerful empaths relate much of what they feel to the soul (and beyond) and not just what their bodies feel.

Empaths often possess the ability to sense others on many different levels. From their position in observing what another is saying, feeling and thinking, they come to understand another. They can become very proficient at reading another personís body language and/or study intently the eye movements. While this in itself is not empathy, it is a side-shoot that comes from being observant of others. In a sense, empaths have a complete communication package.

That is the body's empathic ability to read body language beyond normal para-communication levels.

How Empathy Works
While there is much we don't yet understand about how empathy works, we do have some information. Everything has an energetic vibration or frequency and an empath is able to sense these vibrations and recognize even the subtlest changes undetectable to the naked eye or the five senses.

Empathy is not to be mistaken with ESP.

Words of expression hold an energetic pattern that originates from the speaker. They have a specific meaning particular to the speaker. Behind that expression is a power or force-field, better known as energy. For example, hate often brings about an intense feeling that immediately accompanies the word. The word hate becomes strengthened with the speaker's feeling. It is that person's feelings (energy) that are picked up by empaths, whether the words are spoken, thought or just felt without verbal or bodily expression.

One oversimplified way to describe empathy is like an ear that can hear a high-dynamic range of tones -- much higher than a normal human ear.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Empaths are often poets in motion.
[...]

Empaths Are Good Listeners
[...]

Everybody has their own personality, and being an empath doesn't mean one fits a certain personality type. As much as the sections above describe and may be true, it doesn't mean all empaths fit those descriptions. It is coincidence, merely.

One may want to find the differences of auditory, visual, and kinetic personality types rather than rely on the descriptions given above.

They are most often passionate towards nature and respect its bountiful beauty. One will often find empaths enjoying the outdoors, beaches, walking, etc. Empaths may find themselves continually drawn to nature as a form of release. It is the opportune place to recapture their senses and gain a sense of peace in the hectic lives they may live. The time to get away from it all and unwind with nature becomes essential to the empath. Animals are often dear to the heart of empaths, not as a power object, but as a natural love. It is not uncommon for empaths to have more than one pet in their homes.

The above quote contradicts itself. The true empath only has pets if the pets wants to be with the empath. The empath would not be able to force a pet to be separated from their natural family. The emotions felt from such separation are too strong.

Natural areas may help the body and soul focus easily, yet they are not mandatory. Being grounded on Earth somehow is usually mandatory for the empath to find balance. Smells and other essence are beneficial, yet not mandatory. Use of herbs and certain diets are beneficial to help focus or to help tune out emotions.

Traits of an Empath
[...]

Those traits relate more to one's own personality rather than being an empath. While it may be true that being empathetical does play a great role to shape one's personality, there still is no one-to-one relationship of a personality type to known set of personalities to pick out who is and who is not an empathic person.

Much more could be written, yet I hope this much helps.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Hey guys, I haven't been in this thread for a while.
But I randomly found this website the other day and I thought it could be useful for all the empaths around.

www.care2.com...

Its simple lightworking and psychic shielding.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Hi, back on page 13 you mentioned that no-one had actually responded directly to your points so I thought I'd give it a go. (Maybe someone else has already answered but I haven't read the pages from page 13).

Originally posted by andrewh7

Originally posted by paxnatus

Originally posted by andrewh7
I think we need to come up with a definitive label for these kinds of threads because they are posted over and over again. Allow me to summarize:

1. OP appeals to outsider, social phobics by dropping personality traits that would describe the vast majority of this population, or, quite possibly almost everyone on earth.

I can sometimes be a social phobic but it depends on the company I'm with because sometimes people can just be too much like hard work. I'm aware that my time, is actually MY time and I can't always be bothered if I feel like I'm going to be wasting it. I'm sure everyone feels like that from time to time so not sure it makes anyone a social phobic. I can be anti-social at times and I do often prefer my own company.

As the majority of the population do have the ability to feel their emotions then yes, you are correct that it could apply to almost everyone on earth, at various times of their lives. However, what empaths feel can be overwhelming emotions all of the time rather than just because a particular something has triggered a lot of emotion.

2. Rather than flaws, OP insists they are merely objective symptoms of a thread reader's special and rare gift or status, e.g., having latent superpowers or being an alien.

Flaws - hah, I have plenty but then so does every other human being I've met. I don't claim to be special, have a rare gift, status, superpowers or to be an alien. Maybe I am one of those things or all of them - I like to keep an open mind as to who and what I am because I don't know for sure.

3. Based solely on the satisfaction of the OP's own test or symptom checklist, thread reader enthusiastically claims to be a member of this rare class of persons.

I don't claim to be a member of any rare class of persons. I don't like to be put in a box or labeled as I believe we're all unique and all special and some of us have flairs for different things. It would be an extremely boring world if we all had the same level of intelligence, bodily strenght, IQ, emotions, etc, etc.

4. Thread reader eagerly describes personal anecdotes or behavioral tendencies that are consistent with the OP's checklist.

Why shouldn't thread readers that can understand, sympathise and yes, empathise with the OP add their own personal ancedotes or behavioural tendencies? Isn't that the whole purporse of the OP's thread - to find others that maybe think and feel the same way and can share experiences. I don't understand what you're getting at here? If someone doesn't understand what the OP is talking about then they are free to visit another thread and leave others that do understand to comment. I'm sorry but I just don't understand why you would even bother to comment if you think the OP is a load of tosh? There's many threads I don't comment in because the discussion doesn't interest or concern me so I leave them to it.

5. Thread readers states, "I knew I was different from most people but until your thread came along, I just couldn't figure out how. It's good to know that I'm not alone."

No, I don't think I'm different to most people in the sense you mean. Yes, I am different from you and every other individual on planet earth - again, it would be very boring if we were all the same physically, mentally, emotionally, etc, etc. However, it is fantastic to find others that do think and feel along similar lines as me and to be able to talk to those people and know they might understand me more than some other people do. Do people that like football tend to hang out with others that love football when they want to discuss football? Do people that love discussing UFOs not hang out in UFO threads to discuss it with like minded individuals? It would pretty silly to try to discuss football with someone that isn't interested in football.

I've run out of space so will continue my reply in my next post.

Edit to change my response from the colour purple, which didn't work, to bold. I'm not using bold to emphasis my replies, just so they're easier to read. I hope it works better than trying to reply in colour! No doubt there are many people here that are more technically minded than me - I don't claim to be super human and have extraordinary abilities that enable me to be better than everyone else, in every respect. I'm just a more feeling type person than a lot of people I know

[edit on 16-8-2009 by Maya00a]

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Maya00a

Continued from my last post where the colour purple which I tried to use for my replies hasn't actually worked

Edited the last post and this one to put my replies in bold.

Cont......

6. Thread reader describes the unfortunate but inevitable consequences of having the superpowers - the burden they must carry but nonetheless welcome in the service of a greater good.

Unfortunate - hmmm, sometimes it does feel to me as if I am unfortunate to be such an emotional person that is 'too sensitve' to other people's feelings. Too sensitive was a label I was given at a very young age - also that I had an over active imagination. I didn't give myself those labels - adults gave me those labels and it took me a very, very long time to remove them from my life.

(Edit to add that it's unfortunate that I'm not technically minded enough to make coloured responses to your questions/statements).

7. OP congratulates thread leader on making the discovery, suggesting what a powerful and positive effect the reader can have on the world with advantages that put him or her above the limitations of most human beings.

I'd love to be able to change the world for a better more peaceful place but unfortunately I'm just one individual and really, if push came to shove, I wouldn't want that responsibility. If the OP wants me to save the world then they're wasting their time - I'm far too emotional to deal with changing the world and definitely know a lot of people that have many advantages over me to enable them to take on that role.

8. Thread loses attention/popularity

I hope not because it is fantastic to be able come here and discuss this topic with like minded individuals that also find it interesting and fascinating. You may be right though and it will dwindle away.....

9. New thread created with different superpower. See Step 1.

Maybe a new thread has already been created to describe someone's superpower but this thread is most definitely not about a superpower.

I suggest we nickname these threads the Peter Parker Threads, since Peter Parker was the textbook-definition nerd who got powers and redeemed himself completely.

You can nickname it whatever you like but I don't consider myself to be a nerd with super powers. I consider myself to be a human being that just happens to feel a lot of caring and compassion for people and sometimes that can be difficult to deal with so it's nice to know I'm not the only one and that I am totally 'normal' - whatever 'normal' is.

Why should it bother you enough that you even bothered commenting here? I've sometimes opened up threads to see what they were all about even though the subject didn't particularly interest me. Curiosity I suppose - to see what made people write about the subject and what other people's opinions about it were. Sometimes I've read a very small amount and just had to click away because it seemed so ludicrous to me..... I don't feel the need to tell them that I think they're bonkers! Other times I've found the subject so interesting that I read and learn about something that I previously knew nothing about.

[edit on 17-7-2009 by andrewh7]
Hello,
what is your point here? Why so angry? If it is just more of the same then why did you bother to read it? Are we offending you some how?

Let me be clear, if we have offended you, that is your issue to work out, not mine or anyone else's. No one has said anything offensive at all. So that begs the question, why you?

You must be a great empath seeing as I was neither angry nor offended while writing my comment. The only thing that I was feeling was extraordinarily disappointed that these repetitive Peter Parker threads thrive in spite of the fact that one can predict their eventual course before the first response has even been posted.

Your response sounds more like child's whining that I ruined is absurd little game. If you are so offended by constructive criticism, writing in a pubic discussion forum seems to be a dumb idea.

Please explain how I could possibly claim this thread is "more of the same" without actually reading the thread first. Also, take note of the fact that you failed to challenge any of my observations as being incorrect.

[edit on 24-7-2009 by andrewh7]

Hopefully, I have replied to all of your observations with answers that apply to my way of thinking. I can't speak for anyone else here. I do not want to be labeled as anything - I really am interested in reading, understanding and learning from people that seem to 'click' with me. I don't relate to everything that others have written in this thread but I can relate to at least 90% of it - why should it offend you that a group of people wish to discuss a common topic that we all share an understanding of or have experienced.

I am me, you are you and there is no reason why we have to agree on anything. You are entitled to your opinion and I respect your opinion and yes, there are some threads that really annoy me too but I just stay out of them rather than let them annoy me - unless it's something I feel very passionate about. I assume you must feel passionate about the topic of empathy and I'm quite curious about why?

That's another thing that comes with feeling as I do - I love to try and understand what makes others tick and why they think like they do. It's amazing how 10 people can be in a room discussing a single topic and yet they all have different opinions and thoughts about it - I love the fact that human beings are capable of thinking and sharing different opinions. Doesn't mean I always agree with their opinions but it's fantastic that we have the ability to think differently, see things differently and feel things differently. That's what makes me special, you special and all of us mere mortals special.

[edit on 16-8-2009 by Maya00a]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by jackieps1975

Hi again.... sorry i've been bloody busy on all the forums that i nearly forgot about this one

I started a new thread today entitled 'expansion of Empathy & The Mind but maybe i should have just posted it on this thread as it just seems to be sinking without trace...

This is what i wrote in it and i'd like your thoughts:

An expansion of Empathy and the Mind

Damn! I feel these senses so much it's unbelievable... when i say feeling i don't mean touch i mean Empathy (even with people i've never met, i feel their desperation) When i say Seeing, i don't mean by sight, i mean in my head like flashes of sight be it dark or light, when i say hearing, i don't mean what people are actually saying to me in conversation, i mean hearing as in Telepathy and damn it can really get tense... the last few days i recieved flashing in my head of a hanging and i started to feel depressed or the other persons desperation (whoever they were coz i've never met them). I don't see the person as such i just see the rope and a quick flash of someone (maybe a millisecond of someone) and you know what happened? A young girl of 8 was found hung in her bedroom over the weekend but i recieved stronger feelings & visions yesterday of this rope and what happened? An Olympic boxer was found hung in his home (suicide). Now i know there are others who have Empathy but i have more than that... this is nearing what was in the film 'Minority Report' when the 3 could see future murders... no joke!

Now lets get to Telepathy... I hear things on a daily basis either through the TV or via people chatting outside but what is actually said in the TV program or Film or the conversation outside is something totally different to what i percieve or recieve... I recieve random thoughts too and where that comes from i have no idea but it's almost like i have a transmitter in my head or something... Mind Control very possible and i have discussed this Telepathy as Mind Control on another thread... however if you take what i have wrote here and analyze it you will see that i'm handling a hell of lot of info...

Sometimes the feeling of desperation or depression can get so much that i think it's my mind telling me to commit suicide.....

There are other things i see too like flashes of planes crashing or boats capsizing or just random boats and the next day something happens on a boat and it's in the news...

THE MODS: PLEASE LEAVE THIS POST UP... YES I HAVE COPIED IT FROM MY ORIGINAL THREAD BUT THAT THREAD DOESN'T SEEM TO BE GETTING ANY ATTENTION... MAYBE POSTING IT HERE WILL...

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

ha ha! That is too funny! I just posted a link to this on your thread! Nice to see you btw!

I have not revisted this thread in a while. Time to get caught up. I for one needed a break from this place. It can be extremely draining at times.

edit to add: I am going over your post now, will reply with my thoughts shortly

[edit on 16-9-2009 by jackieps1975]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Well, you are most certainly not alone. We addressed alot of the 'extra abilities' in this thread. The majority of us experience a variety of phenomena in addition to the empathy traits. If you have time, read through. I will also u2u some info to you in the meantime.

For me, it's a very difficult thing, always has been. Although, it's been since early childhood so I've learned to put it in perspective or block it for extended periods of time. Seems lately though it is harder to shut things out like I used to.

I absolutely feel what you are going through. It's important to learn to either block it or do something constructive with it. Not nearly as easy as it sounds, particularly when it's disturbing. My heart truly goes out to you, it seems that you are 'seeing' some pretty devastating things. I am going to u2u because I don't like getting into too much detail about these things on the open forum. Too often our experiences are taken wayyy out of context and ridiculed, so I will contact you privately.

In the meantime, all the best. There are people who understand.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by blujay

They sure are persistent! Once you realize what's going on, it's maddening, isn't it? Knowing you are constantly being attacked, argh!

I am a huge empath. Man oh man, all my life I've had the hardest time. Everyone telling me to toughen up, I tried, but to no avail. It is a curse and a blessing, though the blessing times are few and far between! I get it from animals, plants, people... it screams at me and I want to hide.

The Empath thread is a good one, I just found it yesterday and was gonna head over and contribute there, too.

Yeh, i just u2u'd someone about it being a curse (pain in the arse) and also a gift.... i believe i have been given special abilities as well as disabilities but i think only another Empath can truly understand me...

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Great thread Jackie!
Wouldn't it be nice if everyone had to experience the level of empathy that we do? There could be more understanding instead of ridicule. And can you imagine what it would be like to go a day or two in their shoes? Just breezing into a coffee shop and out without the bombardment of everyones feelings and emotions? I can get close using strong shielding, but some still gets through me.

Anyway, I have found that it's is getting fairly intense these days. I've gone through it since I can remember. As a little girl, it consumed me day and night. Riding on the schoolbus and hearing all the insults shot at the 'unpoplular' kids. I always tried to intervene, but was such a little waif, I got nowhere. And animals... may as well just shoot me. I feel as though I am inside their heads, feeling the feelings they are. I've tried volunteering at local animal shelters, but the emotional torture pushes me back. And trees, yep, those to.

Always thought there was something wrong with me. Now I know there is ... LOL! At least we know we aren't alone. The world would be a much kinder place if all felt the way we feel.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Originally posted by ronishia
reply to post by Geladinhu

i checked out that number thing it says i am a 4

Type Four in Brief

Fours are self-aware, sensitive, and reserved. They are emotionally honest, creative, and personal, but can also be moody and self-conscious. Withholding themselves from others due to feeling vulnerable and defective, they can also feel disdainful and exempt from ordinary ways of living. They typically have problems with melancholy, self-indulgence, and self-pity. At their Best: inspired and highly creative, they are able to renew themselves and transform their experiences.

* Basic Fear: That they have no identity or personal significance
* Basic Desire: To find themselves and their significance (to create an
identity)
* Enneagram Four with a Three-Wing: "The Aristocrat"
* Enneagram Four with a Five-Wing: "The Bohemian"

Key Motivations: Want to express themselves and their individuality, to create and surround themselves with beauty, to maintain certain moods and feelings, to withdraw to protect their self-image, to take care of emotional needs before attending to anything else, to attract a "rescuer."
The Meaning of the Arrows (in brief)

When moving in their Direction of Disintegration (stress), aloof Fours suddenly become over-involved and clinging at Two. However, when moving in their Direction of Integration (growth), envious, emotionally turbulent Fours become more objective and principled, like healthy Ones

FULL EXPLINATION OF BEING A NUMBER 4I didn't do the number thing.. but I read the full explanation and it describes me better than I have ever read. To a tee. "That's me".. LOL it is amazing to have it written so concisely and almost makes me feel better. I should print it off and when I feel misunderstood hand them out like a "me" manual.
Excellent.

After taking the test I come out equally a Loyalist and Individualist. Which after reading I cannot disagree. I consider my Loyalist personality to be the stronger of the two. Not more descriptive of myself, but the personality I rely on when I need to feel "able".

also as a side note: The issues surrounding loyalty have been a life theme/drama of mine. As well as authority issues (yeah who doesn't) surrounding individualism and freedom of thought. Something I will fight both passively and aggressively.
[edit on 16-9-2009 by seagrass]

[edit on 16-9-2009 by seagrass]

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I live in a place where there's a lot of negativity and that's a problem... i just realised the other day why i was feeling like i was lately... too many opressed souls here... the thing is they have the freedom but they don't want it so it causes a lot of negative rays where i live... i've learnt to build up a shield against this but there are a lot of them and i hope they just move on..... soon!!!! I also think there has been a lot of dark clouds over the UK of late... you may think this sounds bonkers but i've never seen so many cloudy days over here....

[edit on 17-9-2009 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist]

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Being around negativity for extended periods is horrible for me, too. I am sorry you are there. I had to leave my job a couple months ago because of the negativity. I was transferred to a new office we had opened. When I first went to the office, even before we moved in, I sensed a sort of heaviness. Then the people came and it's like moths to a flame, all but one of the agents that came were dark, negative, heavy individuals. I lasted 6 1/2 months before I had to excuse myself.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   

It does NOT sound "bonkers" at all! Personally, I am deeply effected by my environment, every aspect of it; the weather, people, the barometer.... you name it.... lol! It does sound kind of odd but many of us do understand it because we are very much the same way.

I have found that living in a place that I love makes all the difference. We cannot always have our ideal location but I have found that there are usually places (within our indvidual realms of what is do-able) that are favorable to us. For example, I prefer to live in a Southern state but that is not conducive to our lives/work/etc. We live in NY, but stay far enough out of the city where I can be in a very comforting area. Living in a little house in a nice wooded lake community, works very well for my sanity. I happen to have an affinity to water (and of course nature in general). No matter how rotten I feel, I can just walk outside and stare at the lake, which usually helps me ground myself.....(after a good cry on many occasions).

Simply, we have to make do with what we have and what is available (and realistic) to our individual situations. There are so many different things that effect us deeply. Generally, it doesn't make sense to others. I have given up trying to explain it in any detail as it's impossible to relate to unless you feel it yourself. I know I'm straying off topic but my point is that it's essential to be in a place where you can find solitude. I guess the important question is whether or not you have means to make any changes.... ?

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by blujay

Hi Blujay! Long time no see!

I have to respond to the comment you made about the increase in intensity (with our feelings and such). This is so very, very true! I've been noticing an expansion for several months now. Maybe the last 6 months, to be more precise. I'm wondering if others on this thread have picked up on that as well. ???

Another thing I've noticed is that people that tend to ride the fence seem to be having more 'connection' type experiences. I've seen alot of that with people close to me. I'm getting alot more questions and inquiries as to my thoughts and feelings with regard to the 'unknown' (as they all know I have different idealogy than the average bear
)

Anyhow, I'm extremely interested to hear how everyone around here has been doing (and developing) in recent months. We've been pretty quiet on this thread for several weeks and I think that has to do with the fact that many of us have been dealing with a whole lot of 'oddness' in our real lives. Thoughts anyone?

BTW, I hope you are all well. I know it's been a hectic and unsettling time for many.....

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Confused and Dazed!

I thoroughly enjoyed your post. I wish I could have the privilege of meeting your sister. And you for that matter. You really appreciate her for what she is and your love shows. Thanks for posting.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Badfuture
reply to post by jackieps1975

This is so exciting to me, I've never spoke to fellow empaths.
How do you all deal with the negative sides of it? the older I get the more exhausted I become.
I am becoming increasingly more consumed with hate and anger at how petty the human race is.
Any tips on how to deal with this would be much appreciated.
This is thrilling.

It can be hard sometimes, especially when you are confused a significant amount of the time. I'm sure there are others that would agree with this as well... I recently bought a house with my soon to be fiance, and let me tell you; the stress is to the max... My "problem" is I sense way to much, moods, thoughts, and even future actions when the sense is strong.. It's very overwhelming knowing that you already are not going to like what you know is to come per say. My best advice is if things like this occur to you, take a step back and analyze the situation. It's hard believe me I know, I deal with it everyday. You just need to be aware that more than likely half of the time you won't be feeling your own emotions. Give yourself a reality check, look at your positives and then look at your negatives, excluding the fact you are an empath. Hope this could help, there are many with you.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join