It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Traits of an Empath: Descriptions and Discussion

page: 16
<< 13  14  15   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by slapjacks

Originally posted by Badfuture
reply to post by jackieps1975

This is so exciting to me, I've never spoke to fellow empaths.
How do you all deal with the negative sides of it? the older I get the more exhausted I become.
I am becoming increasingly more consumed with hate and anger at how petty the human race is.
Any tips on how to deal with this would be much appreciated.
This is thrilling.

It can be hard sometimes, especially when you are confused a significant amount of the time. I'm sure there are others that would agree with this as well... I recently bought a house with my soon to be fiance, and let me tell you; the stress is to the max... My "problem" is I sense way to much, moods, thoughts, and even future actions when the sense is strong.. It's very overwhelming knowing that you already are not going to like what you know is to come per say. My best advice is if things like this occur to you, take a step back and analyze the situation. It's hard believe me I know, I deal with it everyday. You just need to be aware that more than likely half of the time you won't be feeling your own emotions. Give yourself a reality check, look at your positives and then look at your negatives, excluding the fact you are an empath. Hope this could help, there are many with you.

The above quote is great advice for any empath, I find it hard to control my reactions to the world because I can see and also feel the injustice, anger and stupidity of it. I for one would like to hear more from you on this subject? : )

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Wow! Mega thread
Obviously I have not read through all of these pages, it would take me all day.

I am an empath. I have always been able to pick up ones emotions (or moods) with in minutes of being in their presence. I have a hard time being around people who are down (or have heavy energy). I find people can talk to me very easily and tell me their life problems in the middle of a grocery isle.

I do energy healing. After a few minutes of "connecting" with my client I can feel in myself where I need focus on my client. A new client had contacted me because she was having pain in her legs and fluid retention that she wanted addressed. After about 3 minutes my lower back started to hurt so badly I wanted to cry. I asked her if her back bothered her. She informed me that it "always" bothers her, she has broke it 2x, but she is use to it.

I had another client who had had a stroke and lost feeling in his right hand. He had been to therapy for 4 months and nothing was helping. I scanned his arm and found nothing. I started to feel discomfort between my shoulder blades so I moved there on him. With in a few minutes he said he was feeling a lot of warmth and electricity. A few minutes later he felt the energy travel down his arm and he said he was feeling his sensation return. By the end it was back to "normal".

I had taken a medium training class earlier this year. At the end of the first class we did the "key bowl" experiment. Every one put there car keys into a bowl. The bowl was passed around so that we each had another's keys. We were to hold the keys we had and see what came to us. The only thing I "received" was pain in my right hip and knee. It was EXCRUCIATING pain! As the instructor started going around the room, people were telling of names, objects, colors, that the received. I was thinking "I got nothing". When it was my turn I said "I don't think I belong here, I didn't get any thing but pain since I started holding these keys". At this time I had no idea what an empath was and had not yet started doing energy healing. He inquired as to what kind of pain and where. So I told him it was in my right hip and and knee. He asked me to hold up the keys so that the person they belonged to could claim them. Once I did a woman said "those are my keys and 5 weeks ago I had hip replacement done. I have started physical therapy and have had much discomfort in my right hip and knee the past few days". He looked at me and said "you nailed it".

After that is when I found out what an empath was, before then I had no idea. I just thought I was sympathetic and sensitive to others emotions and feelings.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
That's very interesting Summer5... I've never really picked up to much on the "physical" feelings, like how you referred to the actual pain you felt in your leg. In my case more often then not I pick up strong on the emotions and characteristic traits one has before something "negative" is to come. Good read.

X5MOK3RX, If you have any questions ask away. I'd be more then happy to give you my two cents on this topic, along with personal experiences.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by slapjacks

X5MOK3RX, If you have any questions ask away. I'd be more then happy to give you my two cents on this topic, along with personal experiences.

Thank you for time slapjacks, I feel like I'm always being witched (sorry typo) I mean watched, you said in your reply to Badfuture "there are many with you" What did you mean by this?

Thank in advance for your reply.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by X5MOK3RX

That was just reference that there are many people that don't know how deal with it exactly. hence, there are many of you.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by slapjacks

Thanks for the info slapjacks.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   
II am an Empath. i tend to do this thing called.. "Empathic Mimicry" around specials l.. one time i couldnt stop teleporting....for a month...v.v

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I am writing a story about an empath. It is science fiction/action adventure/ superhero.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15   >>

join