It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO - Historical Sightings 45,000 BC - 9 BC

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+110 more 
posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I found this list of Historical sightings, and as you can see, it goes back almost 50.000 years.

It gets on a mindbogling chain of thought as to what did happend here on Earth?
And, can we in our era be adding to this 'sightnings' list in the same way?

Historical Sightings

45,000 BC China Rock carvings of round UFO-like objects have been found in China's Hunan province. The depictions date back to age of the Neanderthals.

12,000 BC China The Dropa, the name given to visitors from Sirius, came down from the clouds with their air gliders.

8000 BC Australia The Aborigine believed in "dawn beings" from the stars. Australian aboriginal cave drawings depict celestial beings, with antenna and x-ray style drawings. They were very advanced in "aerodynamics". The boomerang is identical to a modern day aircraft wing. Aborigine means "from the beginning".

4000 BC The Sumerians from today’s Iraq had contact with extraterrestrial civilizations according to their text. The extraterrestrials also interbred with humans and traveled with them to the stars. The kings were taken to the stars by the extraterrestrials. Sumerian text coincides with "the book of genesis". Their astronomy was highly developed. They had numbers with 15 digits! The Sumerians say extraterrestrials are from Mars, the star system Pleiades, and the star Sirius. Sumerian text shows drawings of solar system.

3000 BC China From the book " Memories of the Sovereigns and the Kings " published in the 3rd century AD, in China, in the third millennium B.C., before the birth of Huang Ti or of Chi You , "sons from the sky", would descend to Earth on a star which was the shape of a saucer.

2345 BC China The, Hsui-nan-tzu, a Chinese classic there is a description of ten suns appearing in the sky.

2000 BC Peru’s pre-Incan civilization records the gods were from the star system Pleiades. Inca ruins have been found at 13,000 feet, with one stone weighing 20,000 tons. Legend tells of spaceships that came from the stars. Inca ornaments of "platinum" were found. Text reveals the Inca’s knew the earth was round.

1766 BC China The Emperor Cheng Tang commissions Ki-Kung-shi to construct a flying chariot. After construction the aircraft was tested, reaching the province of Honan. The vessel was destroyed by imperial edict, as he Emperor feared the mechanism might fall into the wrong hands.

1500 BC Egypt The Palace of Pharaoh Thutmosis III. Circles of fire are said to have hovered over the palace while fishes, winged creatures, and other objects rained down from the sky.

593 BC Ezekiel witnesses an event which some writers have claimed sounds suspiciously like a UFO encounter. Josef Blumrich, former chief of the systems layout branch of NASA, set out to disprove such suggestions, however, from a careful analysis of the data available, he concluded that the vehicle described in the Bible actually was a UFO.

400 BC India From the Mahabbarata. Blazing discs burned and destroyed an entire city and its inhabitants, before returning to the hand of Vishnu.

332 BC Phoenicia, Tyre During the siege of the trade capital of Phoenicia by the Greeks a fleet of flying shields is described as plunged from the sky and crashed upon the city walls.

329 BC Alexander the Great records two great silver shields, spitting fire around the rims in the sky that dived repeatedly at his army as they were attempting a river crossing. The action so panicked his elephants, horses, and men they had to abandon the river crossing until the following day.

223 BC Rome "At Ariminium a bright light like the day blazed out at night; in many portions of Italy three moons became visible in the night time." - Dio Cassius, Roman History, Book I

222 BC Rome "Also three moons have appeared at once, for instance, in the consulship of Gnaeus Domitius and Gaius Fannius." - Pliny, Natural History, Book II, Ch. 32

218 BC Rome Glowing lamps were seen in the sky at Praeneste, a shield was observed at Arpi and in the Amiterno district, the sky was all on fire, and men in white garments appear.

217 BC "At Faleri the sky had seemed to be rent as it were with a great fissure and through the opening a bright light had shone." - Livy, History, Book XXII, Ch. 1

214 BC "At Hadria an altar was seen in the sky and about it the forms of men in white clothes." - Julius Obsequens, Prodigiorum Libellus, Ch. 66

163 BC Formice "In the consulship of Tiberius Gracchus and Manius Juventus at Capua the sun was seen by night. At Formice two suns were seen by day. The sky was afire. In Cephallenia a trumpet seemed to sound from the sky. There was a rain of earth. A windstorm demolished houses and laid crops flat in the field. By night an apparent sun shone at Pisaurum." - Obsequens, Prodigiorum, Ch 114

122 BC Gaul "In Gaul three suns and three moons were seen." - Obsequens, Prodigiorum, Ch. 114

99 BC Rome In Tarquinia, there fell things like a flaming torch in different places from the sky. Towards sunset, a round object like a globe, or round or circular shield took its path in the sky, from west to east.

90 BC Rome In the territory of Spoletium, in Umbria, a globe of fire, of golden color appeared burning in the north with a terrific noise in the sky, then fell, gyrating, to the earth. It then seemed to increase in size, rose from the earth, and ascended into the sky, where it obscured the disc of the sun, with its brilliance. It revolved towards the eastern quadrant of the sky.

85 BC "In the consulship of Lucius Valerius and Caius Marius a burning shield scattering sparks ran across the sky. " - Pliny, Natural History, Book II, Ch. 34

81 BC Spoletium: "Near Spoletium a gold-colored fireball rolled down to the ground, increased in size; seemed to move off the ground toward the east and was big enough to blot out the sun." - Obsequens, Prodigiorum, Ch. 114

73 BC Asia Minor, Pontus: While Roman legions were engaged in battle near the Black Sea against King Mithridates a huge flaming object fell between the two armies. It was said to have a shape like a wine jar and was the color of molten lead.

66 BC "In the consulship of Gnaeus Octavius and Gaius Suetonius a spark was seen to fall from a star and increase in size as it approached the earth. After becoming as large as the moon it diffused a sort of cloudy daylight and then returning to the sky changed into a torch. This is the only record of its occurrence. It was seen by the proconsul Silenus and his suite. " - Pliny, Natural History, Book II, Ch. 35

48 BC "Thunderbolts had fallen upon Pompey's camp. A fire had appeared in the air over Caesar's camp and had fallen upon Pompey's ... In Syria two young men announced the result of the battle (in Thessaly) and vanished." - Dio Cassius, Roman History, Book IV

42 BC Rome From Prodigia of Julius Obsequens, “Something like a sort of weapon, or missile, rose with a great noise from the earth and soared into the sky.”

12 BC Rome A comet-like object hovered days over Rome for several then melted into flashes resembling torches.

9 BC Japan, Kyushu Nine moons were seen in the night sky over the community.

Mod Edit: New External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 16-7-2009 by mrwupy]

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Nice post Chem.
have you a link for this list as I'd like to look at this more in depth.

Ta.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by yeebsy

Added it up there...

Flag it if you like it my man...
No flags, the post just vansihes into the endless pit of threads...

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Awesome post!! S&F. Funny how this is never mentioned in history classes or discussed by MSM on any large scale. For me, information like this is among the best evidence for proof of alien life. Thousands of years ago people were seeing flying saucers that look just like the ones we see today. But *sigh*, this will never be looked at in any large way by anyone except the ones who already know the truth.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   
S&F From me as well, funny thing is an old friend and I were talking about this subject just last night and discussing a few things past as well as presented relating to UFOs and the like. It all does make me wonder what the world must have looked/been like to see some Unidentified things flying throughout the sky.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by stereovoyaged

Ive tried explaining why, but I'm just an christian fanatic who should keep my mouth shut !

You must look into the Illuminati, masons,Rose Cross,Darwin, ID and Evo theories... Grand Lie, one backing up the other !

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Gigantea Rosa

I think the word we keep ignoring is 'paradise' Eden , it has been classified as myth, and the people get discouraged and convinsed Paradises are only fairytales...

The Bible does not speak of an automobile, but it certainly does describe a metallic craft in the sky that spins, takes off, lands, and can hover for weeks. It appears cloud-like during the day; glows brightly at night, and can display an array of brilliant flashing lights, beams and rays. It projects beams and fires projectiles that do serious damage to large armies, and can alter terrestrial and atmospheric conditions drastically. Men and shiny metal-suited beings float up into it and down from it. And, the Bible says God flies in it and displays it so that men will know his power. Would it be strange if someone said such a description of an aerial vehicle sounds like a UFO? It is said that not only was Jesus taken into one, it very clearly says he will return in one along with a whole fleet of them and even goes so far as to tell us which direction the fleet will be appearing from. Would it be strange to suggest that Jesus said he would return to Earth in a fleet of UFO-like vehicles?

[edit on 16/7/2009 by ChemBreather]

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I hope someday, we get absolute undeniable global verification of alien life. Whether its good or not, friend or foe, doens't matter, if they came and wiped us out, as long as I had time to get my "I told ya so" in, i'd go happy.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by ChemBreather

So you think God/Jesus are aliens??

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Have some thought in that direction , yes..
Only way to explain the wierdness in the bible..

I even think it is a slight possibility that they do come here in cycles according to our solar systems place in the galaxy..

This topic is so hard to explain on an forum board when people dont want to see or understand what I try to connect. But its ok, topic is huge..

Like here is some in the direction I think :

Allah - The Moon God

'' The religion of Islam has as its focus of worship a deity by the name of "Allah." The Muslims claim that Allah in pre-Islamic times was the biblical God of the Patriarchs, prophets, and apostles. The issue is thus one of continuity. Was "Allah" the biblical God or a pagan god in Arabia during pre- Islamic times? The Muslim's claim of continuity is essential to their attempt to convert Jews and Christians for if "Allah" is part of the flow of divine revelation in Scripture, then it is the next step in biblical religion. Thus we should all become Muslims. But, on the other hand, if Allah was a pre- Islamic pagan deity, then its core claim is refuted. Religious claims often fall before the results of hard sciences such as archeology. We can endlessly speculate about the past or go and dig it up and see what the evidence reveals. This is the only way to find out the truth concerning the origins of Allah. As we shall see, the hard evidence demonstrates that the god Allah was a pagan deity. In fact, he was the Moon-god who was married to the sun goddess and the stars were his daughters. ''

And to confuse you further, I see also more talk online about Allah and Enlil being MAYBE the same person..
Why and How ?
Well, Enki and Enlil became enemies adter Enki told Siuzadra about the coming flood. Enlil wanted all humans gone to get rid of the hybrid humans that had 'poisened' the DNA of Ninshurag's creation: Adam and Eve.

Enlil is ' a moon god' also, he fled to the moon, some say he hoverd above earth, but used the moon as base.

Enki and his followers used Mars...
Enki bacame western Mans friend (God), Enlil became Middle-east Mans friend (Allah). well, he had his followers; Muslims. What do we have: Enki and Enlil, two rivals, whom becames Gods for their own 'people' : God for christians, Allah for muslims.

The west and Middle-East are fighting and fighting...

Etc.etc. As I said, I need to find better links between them, as the time when these people where here, and most likly the times that are stated are not the true ones..

What is more interesting is the the Masons actually use an Scimitar as an symbol, its called the Masonis Scimitar and depicts a scimitar,cresent moon with the fase of an pharaoh in it, wich actually is Allah, beneath that, you have the Morning star..

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ae9b3e3d4524.gif[/atsimg]

Mod Edit: New External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 16-7-2009 by mrwupy]

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Ok, I follow what your saying, but do you believe that we should you know, worship the aliens and all the other things christianity teaches us, or just that this is your way to explain the stories?

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   

My thoghts on the matter yes.
And I dont think we should woreship any body, just be who you are and be nice and help out if people ask for it or need help.

If these guys were here and comes back, I think they already have an agenda, and keeping us on 'leesh' with the user-manual's of scriptures around the world. If they are to come, they need us to bow down to the Almighty....

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
EXCELLENT!
I love reading about the 'ancient' UFOs.
I'm sure that many of our myths, legends, and religions come from these.

MORE -

UFOs in History with Pictures of Artifacts

UFO Evidence

UFO Phenomenon

Historical Craft

Historical sightings - including cave art

UFOs/Aliens in Christian Religious Art

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
These are points of interest that deserve more investigation. There is certainly enough here combined with modern encounters for several branches of science to give the subject the serious discussion. One can only hope. S&F op.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   

I am not exactly religious by any means, but I would sincerely like to hear your take on these things. Just between you and I, something feels off about this particular thread.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Excellent post. Not only the original but your follow-ons.

I often think about the religious/alien revelations that happened to very ancient and relatively ignorant people, and how they would describe the event, and visions. Not only would language fail them, but their very philosophical understanding of the world too. Let us think back about 100 years ago, and try to imagine how someone might describe DNA or wireless texting?

Not to stir up the Defenders of Islam, but I concur on your thoughts. I mean what if there really is not just a God, but several Gods that contend for human souls/energy. What if Islam really is some God's attempt to derail the worshipping of other Gods?

I'm not really religious, but I wonder often about spiritually related topics.

[edit on 16-7-2009 by Sashromi]

[edit on 16-7-2009 by Sashromi]

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
This has been my favorite thread today by far! I'm glad no one has shown up and went all "jesus is the only way to save your damned soul" on us yet. Its nice to have a different discussion about God and whatnot, without the fundies.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereovoyaged

So you think God/Jesus are aliens??

Jesus said, "the kingdom of heaven is in you" The kingdom that he reigns in is you. "I am with you always, even till life age ending" as Yahweh/Jehovah/YOU says, "I have made you, I will bear you, even until your gray hairs"....or "Life age ending"....till you die.

In john it says, "he is the light of all men" and "nothing is made without him" and "the word became flesh and dwelt in the midst of men"...midst means the middle.

Here is what clarifies who Jesus is, lest any be fooled, for many will come in his name saying "I am the christ", even the image of him because he is a double edged sword and true with both cuts. His reality saves you and his Image Kills you. I will tell you the meaning of his name and then set the image of his name next to it...you decide who the real savior is.

Yashua means Yahweh is salvation, only yahweh means something as well. Yahweh means "self existent". You can say his name or you can do his name...he only honors those "doing".

So Jesus is the cognitive of "Self existent is salvation"...That is his name, the one who dwells in all.

So we have Jesus....the name people have attached to his image.

or

We have Self existent is salvation who says, "all that you have given me, I have kept, all except the son of perdition"....who is Himself....who bore our iniquities.

One is image and is fooling most the whole world.

One is a statement that is true, rendered apparent before you daily "in the temple"....you are the temple.

Peace

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
these images are from caves in australia. many aboriginal people there believe these to be visitors from elsewhere.

In Aboriginal mythology, the Wondjina (or wandjina) were cloud and rain spirits who, during the Dream time, painted their images (as humans but without mouths) on cave walls. It has been said if they had mouths, the rain would never cease. They also lacked limbs and had a skull-like face. Their ghosts still exist in small ponds. Walaganda, one of the Wondjina, became the Milky Way. Paintings of this style that represent the mythological beings involved in the creation of the world are called "Wondjina style". The Aboriginal people are part of a hunting-gathering society, located in the outback of Australia. Objects found on geographical sites may suggest that this area had been inhabited as long ago as 174,000 B.C. Imagery and myth were a big part of this culture. They believed that "dreamtime" is cosmological time and is the order of the universe from beginning to end. There were ritualistic acts performed during dreamtime, which included the making of rock art. The Wandjinas have common colors of black, red and yellow on a white background. Wandjinas are believed to have made the sea, the earth and all its inhabitants. The existing rock art found, has depicted them as having huge upper bodies and large heads. Their faces show eyes and nose, but typically lack mouths. Around the heads of Wandjinas there appears to be lightning and feathers. The Wandjina is thought to have special powers and if offended, can cause flooding and intense lightning. The paintings are still believed to have special powers and therefore are to be approached cautiously. In the culture of the Worora, Ngarinyin, and Wunumbul tribes, which make up the Mowanjum community outside Derby, Western Australia, the Wandjina is the supreme spirit being. The tribes came together early this century at the Kunmunya Presbyterian mission and the government settlement at Munja. Since 1950, they have endured many forced moves, first to Wotjulum, then to the old Mowanjum site and, finally, to the present day Mowanjum site about 15 kilometres outside Derby. As with most complex cultures, opinions about creation can differ. According to David Mowaljarlai (dec), a highly respected Mowanjum elder, the Worora, Ngarinyin and Wunumbul people are the three Wandjina tribes. Only these three tribes see the Wandjinas as the true creators of the land. Many other Australian Aboriginal tribes believe that the Dreamtime snake or Rainbow Serpent was the main creative force. According to Mowanjum artist Mabel King, during Lai Lai (the creation time), Wallungunder, the "big boss" Wandjina, came from the Milky Way to create the earth and all the people. These first people were the Gyorn Gyorn – what some gudiya (white) people call Bradshaw figures, named after the gudiya to first see them in 1891. The Gyorn Gyorn had no laws or kinship and wandered around lost. Wallungunder saw that he could do good with these people, so he went back to the Milky Way and brought many other Wandjinas with the power of the Dreamtime snake to help him bring laws and kinship to the Gyorn Gyorn people. The Dreamtime snake represents Mother Earth and is called ungud. Each of the artists has his or her own ungud birthplace or dreaming place. The Wandjinas created the animals and the baby spirits that reside in the rock pools or sacred ungud places throughout the Kimberley, and continue to control everything that happens on the land and in the sky and sea. Sam Woolagoodja (dec), a distinguished and eminent Worora leader and law man, described th

[edit on 16-7-2009 by rubbertramp]

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChemBreather

45,000 BC China Rock carvings of round UFO-like objects have been found in China's Hunan province. The depictions date back to age of the Neanderthals.

Would like to see reference for this. Not even sure there were Neandherthals in China?

12,000 BC China The Dropa, the name given to visitors from Sirius, came down from the clouds with their air gliders.

A rather nasty hoax
Though as far as I'm aware even the hoax didn't refer to Sirius or 'air gliders' so I guess this is a made up story based in a made up story?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join