It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NZ Mason jailed over sorcery claims

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   

NZ Mason jailed over sorcery claims

www.nzherald.co.nz

A New Zealand man spent a "wretched" night in a Fiji prison cell after frightened residents and police raided his Freemasons meeting, suspecting witchcraft and sorcery
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   
hi folks, read this on the local new zealand news today.

quite a funny story. you can just picture the raid happening and the look on their faces.

I wonder if there really was something more sinister going on here though, or was it just a case of the locals not fully understanding the kind of rituals that go on in these places?

www.nzherald.co.nz
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Whatever happened to their 1st amendment rights?

Masons may not be all that great people.

They still have their first amendment rights. I mean, what happened to the rule of law in this country?

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Fiji is a very unstable place at the moment i think. Its been all over the news here in new zealand for a while. A coup, then another coup.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35

They still have their first amendment rights. I mean, what happened to the rule of law in this country?

unfortunately not every country has our constitution nor our laws

Fiji's a far different country than the US is... never want to go there, specially after this kinda backwater attitude lol this is a ridiculous turn of events

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Wow this stuff still happens what’s next burning witches at the stake
They were probably truly scared, that’s the funny part

Unbelievable

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35

Did you read the article at all? How about the OP?

Most likely you saw Mason jailed and your anti police radar started screaming DANGER DANGER DANGER. That in turn turned off your reading ability and activated your foot in mouth ability.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Is it actually illegal to practice witchcraft there? Sounds to me like these guys are back in the middle ages.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   
This is a remarkable story.
It says amongst other things:

Nothing sinister had been going on

However, amongst the stuff the police confiscated were:

wands, compasses and a skull

If a group of teenagers (even in the US) would meet and the police would come knocking and found that kind of stuff, they would be all over the msm. Probably with headlines about satanism and things along the lines of 'WTF is happening to our youths, it must be all those video games'.
But in this case it is about a group of middle aged men with a secret society fetish, and people are calling the police and locals ignorant. The NZ guy went to an unstable country for some secret skull and wands meeting...and this is not suspect?

But the best part is:

At 8.30am yesterday, an officer let them go, saying the Prime Minister's office had ordered they be released.

The who now? Surely they mean a judge...no? Really? The prime minister's office? Just 3 questions then:
1. How did the prime minister's office learn of the arrest of some men playing with their wands? (sorry couldn't resist)
2. Why didn't a judge or public prosecutor order their release?
3. Was the NZ guy the only foreigner in this group?

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
Is it actually illegal to practice witchcraft there? Sounds to me like these guys are back in the middle ages.

Alot of cultures believe in magic. Some don't have laws regarding it and others have made it illegal.

It may seem backwards and old fashioned to us, but it works for them. Who are we to judge.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   
I'm just curious wheter they acted within their laws. I'm not trying to judge anything

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
I'm just curious wheter they acted within their laws. I'm not trying to judge anything

My bad, I took your post as a judgemental one.

I wouldn't know the first place to look for something like that. Apparently they were set free, so who knows.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   
I wonder what all they did confiscate, seeing as how this thread here mentions that it confiscated a sword, a mace, and a Bible.

It is understood locals contacted police after becoming concerned about the group's unusual equipment, which is believed to have included a sword, mace and Bible, The Canberra Times said.

www.news.com.au...

Wonder if we'll gt pics of the wands.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by jd140

I think I hear the Waaaaaah Patrol coming our way. But anyways.. I think it's pretty messed up that people are still getting jailed for "Sorcery" in this day and age.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 01:31 AM
link   
i think the pacific islands are quite superstitious, after all they were only Christianitized
only a few hundred years ago.

They probably heard or saw some kind of ceremony and freaked out. i dont blame them either!!

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by grantbeed

Fiji residents and police should look at the state of their own country before jailing anyone, let alone a NZer - NZ pours so much money into Fiji, and all that happens there is coup after coup and then this.

I am sickened by this.

NZ, use your money in your own country where a lot of people need it.

Let Fiji sink or swim on its own.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by spellbound

Yea tell our stupid government that, people here need financial assistance before the govt. goes handing out money to other countries,especially Fiji that is so unstable. Unemployment here is climbing by the day, redundancies abound, what is our govt. thinking? Wonder what the benefits are to our country. John Key must have an agenda for Fiji.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by spellbound

i agree. loads of new zealanders are losing their jobs every day and really struggling with rising food prices and electricity bills.

forget fiji.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by kiwitina948

Hey, an idea, why don't we get up a petition to make our government help NZers first?

I think we could do it!

I would it here in Wanga, if you guys would do it where you are.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 03:08 AM
link   
news.bbc.co.uk...

The 14 men, including eight Australians and a New Zealander, had been holding a night-time meeting on Denerau island

even made it to the BBC news now!! wonder if these kind of ceromonies are normal at night, in fiji??!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join