It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NZ Mason jailed over sorcery claims

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Dorfl

My thanks, Dorfl, that is exactly my opinion on the matter.

And so, why the secrecy? Why act like a bunch of schoolchildren who have just been caught doing something they ought not to be doing?

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Dorfl

Why do masons insist on all the secrecy? Because if you guys are right in your believes (and why not) you would want the whole world to be masons right? Or does masonry claim to be only for the worthy and the unworthy are here just for entertainment?

1. We insist on the "secrecy" for a few reasons. First and foremost being respect of the institution. Second being Tradition. Third being symbolism pertaining to the meanings of the degrees, that one must "seek out" betterment for themselves. Fourth being that to go in not knowing (though most know) whats going to happen builds trust and community.

2. Masonry is not "for everyone" .. the only way to truly understand the intentions behind the rituals are to experience them.. experiencing the ritual is 90% of the process, as compared to just reading them. The actual "Fundamentals" can be found at the base of almost every major religion and or philosophy in the World.

3. I wouldn't consider myself "worthy" .. I joined off the street not knowing anyone inside when I was just 19 years old attending a Community College with parents of absolutely no notable social standing.
It's just a choice.. everyone is looking for their spiritual outlet, some find it in religion, some in philosophies.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Police also seized lodge paraphernalia, including wands, compasses and a skull.

Masons are very normal everyday folk, I fail to see how wands, skulls, strange dress and rituals could disturb anyone!

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
This is freaking rediculous. There is so much misconceptions about masons it makes me sick!! Masons dont practice "withcraft" or "sorcery" lmao that is just rediculous.

Sure the rituals could be seen as weird to some people I guess, but there is nothing "evil" or anything in the rituals...

People assume rediculous things about what they dont understand.

And masons are not only the "elite". I've lived in ghettos my whole life and I know MANY masons... (mostly prince hall masons, but masons none the less)

And I'm sorry but they probably didnt have a "wand"... LMAO at that. What the hell would they need a wand for? lol It was probably a mace, not a wand. It was probably pretty much just a decoration or something.

And about the rituals.. none of them are really "secret", you can find them all over the net. Freemasons really have nothing to hide tbh.

Peace.

[edit on 18-7-2009 by jeasahtheseer]

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Dorfl

OK, am I the only person here who has skulls, compasses, and wands?
One does not have to be a teenager to indulge in harmless exercise of one's imagination. However it could not have been their brightest hour choosing Fiji for their imaginative fun fest.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
What the Masons need to do is report the local Catholic Cathedral for practicing Sorcery. I mean you can't get any more magickal than transforming wine into the blood of Christ and wafers into the body of Christ. Besides, if Jesus was born of flesh and blood like the Catholics believe, then what would be more sorcerous than cannibalism with the eating of his flesh and drinking his blood?

Headlines read: 250 New Zealand Catholics arrested for sorcery, cannibalism and blood rituals.

Seriously, people all over the world need to grow some sense. Playing with wands, and speaking barbarous words to a skull are no grounds for arrest. What's next? Arresting children because they practice spiritualism when they talk to their imaginary friends?

Headlines read: 5 year old New Zealand child arrested for spiritualism after having a Tea Party.

Sigh. I guess this just goes to show that stupidity is universal everywhere, no matter where you live.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join