It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Famous LIFE Photographers' Roswell Crash Revelation

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Okay
they hired a guy to go to the middle of nowhere in order to do a cover-up so that no other media would show...right
They said it was a meteor. If they told everyone a meteor hit no one would show anyway! Or not even report it! Meteors hit earth all the time. Well not all the time most burn up but it is not rare.

And the Major gave him a 1911 with no experience? Um no military give the civilian a firearm - this is not a movie!
His story's full of holes - or should I say disinformation?

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Roswell has enough circumstantial evidence to choke a cow, but not one bit of concrete evidence at all.

I think it will always be truth for believers and a hoax for skeptics. After all this time if there were anything to prove or disprove this once and for all it would have come out by now.

I am a believer, there is just too much to ignore.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by FireMoon

You mean Mckinnon? he wasnt a kid..he was a grown man with a mental disability. the US is still trying to extradite him....hmmm did he download some files? and won't reveal it all until the inquests and hearings die down? just a thought...

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 07:08 AM
link   
free2bme's comment regarding the circumstantial evidence of Roswell hits the nail on the head.

If this "case" was to go to trial in our criminal justice system, we would have a solid conviction based on the circumstantial evidence alone.

There will never be any revelation on what really happened unless it is part of some larger disclosure.

[edit on 16-7-2009 by morgan04]

[edit on 16-7-2009 by morgan04]

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by mmiichael

That report is such a joke

Roswell=1947
Alien bodies=1956/57

Anyone see a problem there?

What is obvious to me is that something went down that day and the military has been trying their best to misdirect people ever since. I've served in U.S. Navy and I can tell you even the most mundane day to day stuff is documented, let alone the major events and something like this (be it Aliens or Balloons) would have hundreds of pages of logs and communications from many sources.

Yet the Military/Goverment doesn't want to come clean with a story you can't poke holes in with even a cursory reading of the documents provided!

Someday we will learn the real reason why this story was squashed and I have a feeling we are not going to like the truth...

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Guess no one saw when I origionally posted this 2 days ago
Allan Grant's Roswell Expierence Interesting stuff.

Here is the only picture he took
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/04e2a1e065bc.jpg[/atsimg]

-E-

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Things just do not add up with his story. Why was he handed a gun if they were going no where near the actual crash anyway, especially if the story they would be handed was the “No Meteor Crashed” story. Me, I would have thought something was up right away, and then to see a local paper covering the story as a weather balloon, when he was shown nothing. As a photographer, I would have been paying attention to local news to see what would turn up, just to see if someone else had gotten the picture I was supposed to get. After reading the local story, I would have started to make noise right away. Since this did not occur, it makes me question his story.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Wow, that airforce link, and the "Roswell Case Closed" excuses, are terrible, and only make this seem extremely suspicious.

The project Mogul was a perfect cover,l and convincing. But whats up with that second picture, of the standard "Mogul looking balloon", with a HUGE tinfoil UFO saucer shaped target attached to it, lifted by a crane?

That hilarious. Wow, they really shot themselves in the foot with some of those pictures, and explanations.

But on to this thread...., and the topic at hand. So this guy saw nothing, just drove around the desert in a jeep? Uhh, why is this even post worthy. Lets hear/see you secret deathbead confession. Kinda dissapointed with this one.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by MysterE

That photo looks more like Mars. black and white grainy photo. What a joke. Why would Life Magazine ever want to publish something that bad? "Here, you can keep this one."

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Isn't there a scene in the movie Roswell with Kyle MacLachlan similar to this account? I wonder if after the report it somehow made it into the script???

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by MOTT the HOOPLE
I think after all this time has passed Roswell is starting to become a little boring, So I don't think we will ever really learn what happened on that day.

I certainly empathize with how you feel about this- I think a lot of folks are suffering from "Roswell overload".

However, I think this is quite sad. There isn't anything mundane or boring about an incident that, very likely, involves a crashed craft containing intelligent beings from another planet or dimension. I don't care how much it is talked about or covered- It is the most important story in human history.

P.S. That being said, let's not let Roswell overshadow all of the other evidence and well documented incidents that point to alien visitation to our planet.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by reject

But why would they give him a gun and then lead him around on a wild goose chase in the dessert?

that part doesnt seem to make much sense....

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by ELECTRICkoolaidZOMBIEtest
i agree with warren about the use of the word "picture"

something about this feels really really off....

1) Allan said, "Of course we never found the big "meteor' and I wonder whether or not we had arrived too early or too late."

2) He also thought that "perhaps we landed in the wrong place."

3) Ultimately though, the Grants decided that the best explanation was that "the government knew all along that there was something more than a meteor that had crashed- and what better way to deal with it than to "invite" the prestigious Life magazine to come take a look."

wouldnt orders get canceled or changed if it was too late?

the first two dont really make any sense to me at all. wouldnt there be at least SOMEONE at the airfield, makeshift or not?

if they wanted to use him for disinfo, wouldnt they have had some random junk crap for him to look at and photograph as opposed to letting him possibly think they were just in the wrong place?

What it boils down to and what he kinda "says" himself is that it was a big show for nothing. The reason he states are merely loose thoughts he had, and probably had during the trip.

When you're going to lie, it's best to make the person you want to lie to make up all the parts of the story, as soon as you start adding things you're just building a tower that over time eventually will fall.
By giving him nothing, there's nothing to refute, nothing to wonder about. Except ofcourse why there is nothing
And those thoughts come from the guest... not the host.

"I don't know what it is..."
- "I believe you do know what it is!"
"What is it you believe that I know it is?"
...and here we go. The best reward is that the army after some time don't even have to participate in the discussion, because by letting people build up the story themselves, they created one part against and one part for.

It's like forcing people to follow a sign pointing in the opposite direction of where they want to go.

All this time, we've been fighting amongst ourselves, simply because we ALL want to have our go at what "I think" it is. Instead of asking the real question...:

"Why won't you tell us what it is, how many times do you want us to keep asking till you cave in, and why wont you admit that you're not allowed to keep things secret from the general population... nothing on earth, can justify secrecy, other than greed."

It's a very interesting story I must admit. I can easily understand the whole "come and see nothing" idea. Fortunately for us, a lot of people weren't and aren't ok with the amount of inconsistencies and lose ends regarding the Roswell event.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Roswell is just as polarizing a topic as abortion, and at the risk of sounding ignorant enough to attempt swaying opinions one way or another:

An Army-Air Force Officer handing a loaded weapon to a civilian? A civilian he has just met?? Being ordered by his CO to supply said weapon??? In the face of a possible encounter with beings from another planet???? The implications for interplanetary relations resulting from a 1 on 1 inter-species communication breakdown are slightly significant enough to warrant extreme caution in even the dullest of minds, IMO. To entrust this Photographer with the wisdom of when to shoot? Are you kidding me?
If this part of the account is accurate...then military intelligence cant be used in the same sentence ever again.

Altogether, an interesting post...as a Roswell believer, I think any and all accounts of anyone remotely connected to the events around that fateful day should be catalogued and documented for the good of either side of the argument.

Could be that the pilot's orders were changed minutes before photog arrived...or in mid-flight, even (headphones)? Dunno. Not that whole story is bunk IMO...just the gun part sounds...well...screwy.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
If true, the story does make sense to me. Post WWII, Life and the military did indeed have a strong bond. Anyone with military background, reading copies of Life from WWII, will rightfully be impressed with the quality, timeliness, and subject of many, many Life pictures. Today, we would say that the Life photogs of WWII were imbedded. So it makes sense to me that if something actually happened, that the military services would invite a trusted partner to document it for the public. Okay so how does that stack up with the rest of the story?

Well, prior to Rosewell, there were probably very few military persons who gave serious thought to the idea of recovered UFOs. In fact, I would bet that any thoughts about UFO encounters were limited to Rules of Engagement upon encountering one – in flight! Its like wondering what is our government’s plan for dealing with a horde of Mongols, suddenly teleported from the 13th century to the outskirts of Phoenix….. So, let us now imagine what the reaction of most military folks would be if for the very first time, without any similar frame of reference, to hear that a bizarre outer-space thingy had crash-landed near Rosewell NM. Probably something like: that’s cool; I wonder its like; are space-creatures in it; we probably should document this.

So a call goes from some mid-level Airforce office, to Life, to have them provide a photog to document this event pronto (whatever it may be, at that early moment of occurance). Life sends out Allan Grant, the Airforce details an officer and plane to fly him out there (still in the middle of nowhere), and the clock starts.

Between the time that Life is contacted and they land, Airforce officials recover and begin to examine the wreckage. If actually a UFO we can all easily imagine the reaction: HOLY COW! (or something to that effect). Word quickly makes it way up the chain to someone who has an epiphany. ‘Hey, if these things can get here, imagine how advanced they must be, and what a great advantage we would get over the Ruskies if we could study this stuff in secret.’ Reverse engineering was a favorite technique of the allies to understand and counter many advanced German weapons of WWII, so it makes sense to me that someone would make that connection fairly fast – once it was understood what they had.

Now sometime after they are airborne, the pilot gets a message telling him that ‘someone higher up (from General Ramey’s office) says that we don’t want anyone documenting this thing. Land somewhere about xx miles away, and wait there until we decide what to do’. So the pilot picks out his spot, lands, and tries to cover-up as best he can. In the meantime, he is also spooked a little, because he doesn’t know exactly what is going on either. And being a military man, he remembers two things: ‘there is strength in numbers’ and ‘the right to self-defense is never denied’. So just in case, they stumble upon something unexpected, he gives Allan a .45. With about 30 seconds worth of instruction, Allan is now fully capable of pointing and shooting his weapon in self-defense if necessary. Later the pilot gets the message to return to base, and hint that it was a lot of hubbub about nothing. As a reward, he is given a job later, as part of an investigative team in case anymore of these things fall out of the sky.

So there it is. With a little imagination to fill in the gaps, it is entirely plausible to me. Oh, and did I mention that most people want to clear their conscious near death, not tell another whopper to explain to the big guy.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by reject
solid credible witness

Unfortunately, with nothing really substantial to say and nothing to back it up. A lot of stupid things happened (typical Army grab-ass) and he never really got to see the "meteor," and that after all the hoopla he got the notion in his head that it had to do with aliens or something.

Everybody's entitled to their opinion. But opinions don't put aliens on the autopsy table.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by reject
reply to post by watsgoingon?

what gets me though, is why the abrupt aboutface? They openly admitted recovering an ET disc; i.e. there was still no policy of keeping the public in the dark yet. What could have changed their minds in a few hours?

I have four letters for you.

The U.S.S.R.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by watsgoingon?

I`know`your`spacebar`is`broken....

But_there_are_other_ways_instead_of-this-to-separate-your-words.

Or, you could buy a new keyboard?? They're not that expensive....

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
As I've said many times elsewhere, the military routinely contracts outside expertise on scientific matter. I used to do work for a guy who was involved in first generation computers and did contracts for strategic defense systems. He knew the rumours and people on his level talked freely even on high security matter.

The scientific community in the 50s was small and tight. In going on 3 generations now, no one worked on or ever heard about any retroengineering projects or breakthroughs from out of nowhere. No academics, professionals in potentially related fields like medicine ever heard even a whisper.

Endless speculations but the people that would have been consulted or heard about something so radical heard nothing. No serious deathbed confessions, no new technologies that don't show a long documented development history.

As the military has made many errors, some catastrophic, it's not much of a reach to think they made one in 1947. All evidence and documentation points to that conclusion, and nothing tangible supporting the crashed spaceship myth has emerged in well over 60 years.

Only the desire of so many for something fantastic to believe in keeps the myth going, with support from the UFO career hucksters.

Mike

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Reply to post by reject

originally posted by reject
"what gets me though, is why the abrupt aboutface? They openly admitted recovering an ET disc; i.e. there was still no policy of keeping the public in the dark yet. What could have changed their minds in a few hours?"

IMHO there are a few reasons for this sudden aboutface on the subject. Now this is no definaite just a theory I cam baout when trying to place myself in the shoes of the top ranking officials that did hte coverup.

1. Remember, we were just out of a world war and were entering a cold war with RUssia. They wanted to keep any technology recovered from the crash secret and out of the view of the soviets and any other nations wishing harm upon us.

1a. The reverse engineering of said technology, if plausible, would pretty much guarantee world supremecy of our military might.

2. Our government wasn't exactly sure what was recovered. Instead of sounding stupid and saying we don't know, or we think it is an alien spaceship, they just claimed it was said weather balloon.

3. American govt did not want the world/ American public to know something could enter our airspace undetected and crash where nuclear tests were taking place.

4. Our govt (as much as I hate to defend them) wasn't always fear mongoring and corrupt. With the Cold war coming, they did not want to spread fear and terror among the US population. So they released a coverup to prevent fear from spreading among the general population. Weird how much of a 180 the govt has made since then.

5. Maybe, just maybe, the object that crashed in the desert that day was not of alien origin. Maybe it was a top secret design assimilated NAZI scientists were working on. ET disk story was disinfo, then realizing bad judgement, story was changed to weather balloon. I dont believe that theory myself, but it is a possibility.

Personally, I believe something crashed in the NM desert that day. SOmething of extraterrestrial origin. The technology from that craft is just now within the last few years finally being reverse engineered and slowly coming down through the pipeline. From microchips to memory metals to cloak tech.

Anyone hear of the british tank demonstrated at a meeting that could cloak and become invisible? If that's not alien tech I dont know what is.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join