It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Famous LIFE Photographers' Roswell Crash Revelation

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Famous LIFE Photographers' Roswell Crash Revelation by Anthony Bragalia

Famed Life magazine photographer Allan Grant may have provided to us his greatest "picture" just before he died. The cameraman's portrait of the Roswell crash in 1947 illustrates that the event that summer was of urgent importance to the military. It also shows that the skyfallen object was in fact of a genuine "unknown."

~~~~~~~~~~

In 1997, Mr. Grant had written a very brief Letter to the Editor of the Los Angeles Times. Allan was upset after having read in the LA Times of the second Roswell "debunking" report issued by the USAF that year. In the letter he was somewhat cryptic- but adamant that he knew that Roswell was not what the Air Force was reporting as a balloon project. He explained that he had a personal experience fifty years prior that had left a life-long impression on him. It also left no doubt in his mind whatsoever that something "very significant" had happened.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/af0e4dba6f4b.jpg[/atsimg]
Photographer Allan Grant shown with Major Phillips before departure to Roswell

In fact, Allan Grant said that the Army Air Force had informed his Editor that they would even provide an officer pilot from the Air Force who would personally fly Allan out there and put him in the vicinity of the crash to visually document the "meteor" event.

~~~~~~~~~~

But we learn from Allan's widow Karin Grant that there was a reason for this strange scenario having played out in the desert those many years ago. She and her husband discussed his strange flight to New Mexico for many years after. Both had agreed that there were one of three reasons why Allan was taken out there-

solid credible witness

ufocon.blogspot.com...

[edit on 15-7-2009 by reject]

Mod Note: Trim Those Quotes - Please Review this link

[edit on 16-7-2009 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Very interesting. I never knew about this. Thank you for bringing it to my attention. S&F

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by reject

very-good!

not-that-i-needed-any-more-proof-as-we-all-know-the-balloon-story-was-a-crock-of-s#1te?

wonder-if-he-was-given-gun-as-there-was-a-being-unaccounted-for-and-there-was-a-chance-something-could-a-happened-therefore-he-needed-it-just-incase?< br />
its-wierd-how-we-know-wats-goin-on-but-until-the-goverment-comes-clean-we-will-always-be-questioning-it?-Debating-it?

anyway-good-thread!

peace

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by watsgoingon?

what gets me though, is why the abrupt aboutface? They openly admitted recovering an ET disc; i.e. there was still no policy of keeping the public in the dark yet. What could have changed their minds in a few hours?

+9 more 
posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
i was hooked by the word "picture" but I was waiting for some actual picture to show us some amazing revelation. The way it was used was misleading to get our hopes up or I just misread the damn thing.

in any event, interesting story and info

wish he had some photos of the crafts/ets though!

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by reject

Interesting.........Two things come to mind...

• Disinformation

• As his wife said, a cover for the event but I am curious as to the story, it doesn't make sense?!?!

Why would he need a pistol? Why would they fly him all the way out there to not find anything? Something obviously does not add up. Unless there military had another plan they were intending on using as a cover but decided to use something else.

• posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 09:57 PM
    link   
    reply to post by warrenb

LOL, if there was any large, earth shattering picture I am sure it would be on CNN before ATS.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 10:59 PM
    link   

Originally posted by reject
    reply to post by watsgoingon?

what gets me though, is why the abrupt aboutface? They openly admitted recovering an ET disc; i.e. there was still no policy of keeping the public in the dark yet. What could have changed their minds in a few hours?

I've often wondered if it was because the Navy stepped in and said. "That's ours and it's top secret". That m kid who hacked into the defense files said most of the juicy stuff on UFOs was in the Navy section of data base..

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 12:09 AM
    link   
    i agree with warren about the use of the word "picture"

something about this feels really really off....

1) Allan said, "Of course we never found the big "meteor' and I wonder whether or not we had arrived too early or too late."

2) He also thought that "perhaps we landed in the wrong place."

3) Ultimately though, the Grants decided that the best explanation was that "the government knew all along that there was something more than a meteor that had crashed- and what better way to deal with it than to "invite" the prestigious Life magazine to come take a look."

wouldnt orders get canceled or changed if it was too late?

the first two dont really make any sense to me at all. wouldnt there be at least SOMEONE at the airfield, makeshift or not?

if they wanted to use him for disinfo, wouldnt they have had some random junk crap for him to look at and photograph as opposed to letting him possibly think they were just in the wrong place?

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 12:13 AM
    link   
    reply to post by FireMoon

Yep, the DNI (Dept. of Naval Intelligence) is really the main entity of all things apparently. They even in actuality run Area 51.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 12:53 AM
    link   
    I think it's pretty clear what happened. LIFE is under the impression there's a big event to be photographed at Roswell and send their photographer.

It's a non-event, he goes home. Pretty much forgotten by him for half a century.

Then the Roswell story starts filtering into mainstream news and this guy thinks
    "Damn, I was right there."

So a workaround story has to be created to justify the hard facts that he neither saw or photographed anything unusual.

"I must have been too early - or too late."

What else can you say when you were actually sent there and come away with empty hands?

At least he's honest and doesn't fabricate a story like them taking away his negatives, the film getting fogged, etc.

Yet another non-eventful anecdote from the Greatest Non-Event of the 20th Century.

Mike

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 12:55 AM
    link   
    Makes absolute sense to me, thanks for sharing.

It's obvious Roswell was a UFO, I thought the debate was over, lol.

Wish he had of got there via a third party instead of being mislead by the military.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 12:55 AM
    link   
    Maybe the darn alien was running around & hiding after the crash.

Why give him a gun? For protection. They may have been trying to get a decent picture for a news release, until it was hushed up for good.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 01:23 AM
    link   
    Apparently the Grey, when informed the LIFE photographer was coming refused to have it's picture taking saying "I'm having a bad hair day" "How do my eye's look?" and "I haven't a thing to wear."

Mike

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 02:07 AM
    link   
    The summary of this thread was misleading as the OP did not put "picture" in quotes like the article did - indicating an actual picture of the crash was available.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 02:27 AM
    link   
    reply to post by andrewh7

The title only says photographer not photo. It is confusing and misleading by suggesting there's a photo by the subject matter. (yawn) Not even a drawing.

There's got to be someone out there with evidence they've kept all these years. Remote Viewers might know, I guess.

I was in the army in boot camp in 1976 and some bizarre events happened there and the Air Force showed up.

I was outside of an office and overheard them mention something about it as-if related to Roswell. Why do people make that connection?

Maybe that's just used like a common reference.

[edit on 16-7-2009 by aleon1018]

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 02:29 AM
    link   
    I think after all this time has passed Roswell is starting to become a little boring, So I don't think we will ever really learn what happened on that day.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 03:55 AM
    link   

Originally posted by MOTT the HOOPLE
    I think after all this time has passed Roswell is starting to become a little boring, So I don't think we will ever really learn what happened on that day.

Actually we have known since the 90s exactly what happened at Roswell.

But the UFO subculture has created a mythology and tries to sustain it.

Check below - even a picture of the alleged "alens"

www.af.mil...

Air Force News Special Report
    Roswell Report: Case Closed

Executive Summary

In July 1994, the Office of the Secretary of the Air Force concluded an exhaustive search for records in response to a General Accounting Office (GAO) inquiry of an event popularly known as the "Roswell Incident." The focus of the GAO probe, initiated at the request of a member of Congress, was to determine if the U.S. Air Force, or any other U.S. government agency, possessed information on the alleged crash and recovery of an extraterrestrial vehicle and its alien occupants near Roswell, N.M. in July 1947.

The 1994 Air Force report concluded that the predecessor to the U.S. Air Force, the U.S. Army Air Forces, recovered debris from an Army Air Forces balloon-borne research project code named MOGUL. Records located describing research carried out under the MOGUL project, most of which were never classified (and publicly available) were collected, provided to GAO, and published in one volume for ease of access for the general public.

This report discusses the results of this exhaustive research and identifies the likely sources of the claims of "alien bodies" at Roswell. Contrary to allegations, many of the accounts appear to be descriptions of unclassified and widely publicized Air Force scientific achievements. Other descriptions of "bodies" appear to be actual incidents in which Air Force members were killed or injured in the line of duty.

The conclusions are

Air Force activities which occurred over a period of many years have been consolidated and are now represented to have occurred in two or three days in July 1947.

"Aliens" observed in the New Mexico desert were actually anthropomorphic test dummies that were carried aloft by U.S. Air Force high altitude balloons for scientific research.

The "unusual" military activities in the New Mexico desert were high altitude research balloon launch and recovery operations. Reports of military units that always seemed to arrive shortly after the crash of a flying saucer to retrieve the saucer and "crew," were actually accurate descriptions of Air Force personnel engaged in anthropomorphic dummy recovery operations.

Claims of "alien bodies" at the Roswell Army Air Field hospital were most likely a combination of two separate incidents:

1. ) a 1956 KC-97 aircraft accident in which 11 Air Force members lost their lives; and,
    2. ) a 1959 manned balloon mishap in which two Air Force pilots were injured.

This report is based on thoroughly documented research supported by official records, technical reports, film footage, photographs, and interviews with individuals who were involved in these events.

M

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 04:53 AM
    link   

Originally posted by mmiichael
    Apparently the Grey, when informed the LIFE photographer was coming refused to have it's picture taking saying "I'm having a bad hair day" "How do my eye's look?" and "I haven't a thing to wear."

Mike

You owe me a cup of coffee and an LCD screen.

Thanks to the OP for posting, was an interesting read.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 05:50 AM
    link   
    Interesting read, but all it really is, is just personal conjecture and a "theory" from a reputable and renown photographer.

I'll bet there are an awful lot of people who were around Roswell at the time, who actually saw nothing, but still have their own theories as to what really happened.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join