Black space debri or ufo you tell

page: 1
9
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 02:06 AM
link   
These images in this video show what NASA calls debris from the STS-88 1998 first mission to the ISS (international space station). NASA says these are 'space debris' but then why did they recently pull most of these images from their site?.
As you can see NASA pulled the photo links:
STS088-724-65 STS088-724-66 STS088-724-67 STS088-724-68 STS088-724-69
STS088-724-70



www.youtube.com...

[edit on 14-7-2009 by soundmatrix2009]




posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Pulled? They seem to be right here.

eol.jsc.nasa.gov...
eol.jsc.nasa.gov...
eol.jsc.nasa.gov...
eol.jsc.nasa.gov...
eol.jsc.nasa.gov...
eol.jsc.nasa.gov...

Use the "Request" links for high quality versions.

[edit on 7/14/2009 by Phage]



posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage
 




Very interesting!

What do you think these are Phage?




posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage
 


i see just posted it its true but they where offline before now they are back was reported by others i have seen the links



posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Bob Down Under
 

Um...
Debris. Why the hell can't it be?



posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 02:24 AM
link   
true just want opinions from the experts on ATS i mean its after all the nr1 on the net so best place for debate is here on this subject and yes it could be but if you really look close i mean just duno



posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by Bob Down Under
 

Um...
Debris. Why the hell can't it be?



Ok relax Phage I was just asking your opinion as they looked a bit strange




posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Bob Down Under
 


I know. Sorry
It was meant to be a "carefree" "why the hell".
Not an angry "why the hell".


[edit on 7/14/2009 by Phage]



posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 03:33 AM
link   
nice find op!

eol.jsc.nasa.gov...

i think this is a very impressive shot since it seems that there is some kind of propulsion system on the left side of the craft wich is emitting some sort of flame - it could also be flare...

ever thought of this would be debris beeing up there nasa wouldnt wanna have it there, think of wich harm that sized debris could do to the iss !



posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by s.one.z
nice find op!

eol.jsc.nasa.gov...

i think this is a very impressive shot since it seems that there is some kind of propulsion system on the left side of the craft wich is emitting some sort of flame - it could also be flare...

ever thought of this would be debris beeing up there nasa wouldnt wanna have it there, think of wich harm that sized debris could do to the iss !

Yes I've thought about it and so has NASA, see this:
Space Debris

Most space junk is very small (for example, paint flecks). But there are over 7,500 objects orbiting Earth that are bigger than a baseball. These objects are tracked by ground-based radars. Man-made debris orbits at a speed of roughly 17,500 miles/hour (28,000 km/h)! Think of the damage even a small speck of paint could do if it hit a spacecraft at such a high speed! Even an object as small as small as a grape has enough kinetic energy to permanently hurt a medium-sized spacecraft!


They have a graphic on that site showing what looks like a huge cloud surrounding earth with all the space junk, check it out.



posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 04:56 AM
link   
yeah i saw that image a couple years ago it almost looks like a cage sourrunding our planet lol...

where does all that debris come from? just imagine having all that stuff up there compressed to a single point on earth! new alps anyone?



posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by s.one.z
i think this is a very impressive shot since it seems that there is some kind of propulsion system on the left side of the craft wich is emitting some sort of flame - it could also be flare...


At first I too thought it was a propulsion flame but when they zoom in on the video you can clearly see it's nothing but flare from the sun.

Interesting pictures, probably space junk but some of the images zoomed in remind me of the ship architecture from the alien films

[edit on 14/7/09 by Discotech]



posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by s.one.z
i think this is a very impressive shot since it seems that there is some kind of propulsion system on the left side of the craft wich is emitting some sort of flame - it could also be flare...


A flame in space? Please, educate yourself about the basics before offering stabs in the dark that only make you look... uneducated.



posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by soundmatrix2009
i see just posted it its true but they where offline before now they are back was reported by others i have seen the links


Well, they may have been offline, or you may have had a computer/server glitch, or you may be teasing, or something else ... which is more likely hereabouts?



posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg


A flame in space? Please, educate yourself about the basics before offering stabs in the dark that only make you look... uneducated.



If it was alien it's quite possible for a propulsion system which emits what appears to be a flame but isn't neccesarily a flame which requires oxygen, or isn't a flame at all but just happens to look like one (maybe some kind of liquid or gas burning at an intense heat to give off energy in the form of light which looks like a flame or even fusion) the possibilities are endless when we enter the realm of the unknown

Or do you happen to have informative reading on alien propulsion systems so we can "educate" ourselves ?



posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   
ok say let us swallow the official line for a second and say it's debris

debris from what exactly?

while it is practically impossible to accurately judge the size of this "debris" we can see that it is quite large, so if it is debris, what made this debris?

has NASA said debris from what?

With all the other nations throwing stuff up there it "could" well be debris from one of their launches. But again, debris from what?

It doesn't look like a rocket booster or any satellite that we could recognize.

I'm not arguing that it isn't debris, just asking what kind of debris.

Perhaps an explosion we were never told of?
Why does the "debris" look like the color is metallic charcoal gray?
I was under the impression that fire cannot burn in space since there is no oxygen...



posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by warrenb
ok say let us swallow the official line for a second and say it's debris

debris from what exactly?

while it is practically impossible to accurately judge the size of this "debris" we can see that it is quite large, so if it is debris, what made this debris?

has NASA said debris from what?

With all the other nations throwing stuff up there it "could" well be debris from one of their launches. But again, debris from what?

It doesn't look like a rocket booster or any satellite that we could recognize.

I'm not arguing that it isn't debris, just asking what kind of debris.

Perhaps an explosion we were never told of?
Why does the "debris" look like the color is metallic charcoal gray?
I was under the impression that fire cannot burn in space since there is no oxygen...



You have read my mind Warren I was going to post the exact questions



The debris do not look like rocket stages or satalites.

May be Black Ops junk?



posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by warrenb
ok say let us swallow the official line for a second and say it's debris

debris from what exactly?

while it is practically impossible to accurately judge the size of this "debris" we can see that it is quite large, so if it is debris, what made this debris?

Perhaps an explosion we were never told of?
Why does the "debris" look like the color is metallic charcoal gray?
I was under the impression that fire cannot burn in space since there is no oxygen...


You cannot see that it is quite large, it only appears to be large but we don't know how far away from the shuttle it was when taken therefore we cannot judge its size!

Your assumption is correct, space is a vacuum without oxygen so a fire cannot burn. It could be debris from an alien craft we have shot down, who knows or it could be debris from a manmade object which has collided with another object to break it up into the form it is in now.

Simple answer we can guess what we think/want it to be but will ultimately never know because for some reason NASA doesn't like revealing too much information on things and would rather leave folk in the dark.



posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   
and another thing

if the "debris" was in geosync orbit (same orbit as the satellites/ISS), would it still be there??



posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by warrenb
 


Why wouldn't it be ? unless it gets knocked out of its orbit of course or NASA/Aliens decide to collect/move it out of the way for some reason





new topics
top topics
 
9
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join