It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black space debri or ufo you tell

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Discotech

so therefore we should still be able to find it somewhere in orbit
maybe NASA has newer photos of it?

anyone know of more recent photos of this "debris"?

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   
These are yet another interesting find OP

First and foremost, I am glad we are not arguing on these being "ice" or "particles" or "out of focus" camera or "hoax". With that out of the way....lets continue....

As another poster said" If debris, then from what?" . And another poster said, virtually impossible to get scale on these objects. I totally agree with both posts.
As for the color of the objects, which is most interesting. I am not an expert BUT, of all the space programs around the world, and all the images I have seen, I have never seen one completely black or charcoal colored(the exception being the "bottom" of the shuttle which would be 1/2 black). Yes, earth based craft are black(stealth) and others, but I have never seen a space object (satellite) that color.

I am not saying its alien or whatever, but from my experience........

Common Sense Question

Who are the only people or branch of government on this planet to "paint" their craft or vehicles BLACK for specific reasons??????

This should be a BIG Clue as to where its from or who put it up there...

If this is space debris...its pretty dang big....could be the size of a car or bigger.....IMO....and even if it is space junk...the question still remains-why all black?

Could you guys show some BLACK satellites or black jettisoned rockets, I'm still looking....but going with my gut on this one to say its something military, debris or functioning; I don't know...but defiantly military.

Of course......IMHO

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   
It looks 4 sure like alien technology!

space debris doesn't even look like that, just look at the shape of the thing its so complex

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by warrenb

so therefore we should still be able to find it somewhere in orbit
maybe NASA has newer photos of it?

anyone know of more recent photos of this "debris"?

It will still be there in space as long as it isn't an alien craft and has decided to jet off elsewhere, whether it's in the same orbit though I cannot say and with all the other space "junk" in orbit unless they've constantly been tracking and have tagged each separate piece of junk then I'd say it's pretty hard to find again.

As for photos I don't think they were taking pictures of space rubbish, one just happened to float by whilst the pictures were being taken lol

Overload I see your point about associating the black colour with black ops aircraft however I have to ask have you considered that when you see pictures of satellites, they are normally on Earth and in the clean rooms in their sparkly brand new condition, do you not think it's possible they could lose their sparkly clean look in space due to dirt (is there space dirt?) and collisions with other objects ? Not to mention you're looking at it from the dark side where the sun is not shining its light on it

My mind is open on the subject, I've love to be a funky looking alien craft but I'm assuming it actually just is some junk

[edit on 14/7/09 by Discotech]

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Discotech
Simple answer we can guess what we think/want it to be but will ultimately never know because for some reason NASA doesn't like revealing too much information on things and would rather leave folk in the dark.

If you are in the dark, it's because you have your eyes firmly shut.

The Nasa guys answer and answer and answer public inquiries, and the UFO TV shows coverup and coverup and coverup the information that might (shudder!) lead viewers to suspect prosaic explanations -- and you want to know my theory why? Money. Advertisers just LOVE the kinds of shows that are guaranteed to attract viewers who will credulously believe AN-Y-THING that makes them feel self-important. You guys make up a proven cultural sub-class that will believe anything that tickles your fancies. And so people feed you this stuff for their own purposes, and you keep making it easy for them -- just look at the howls of protest this comment is bound to get, the duped defending their dupers and their own dupedness. Sigh.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by 2Unknown
It looks 4 sure like alien technology!

space debris doesn't even look like that, just look at the shape of the thing its so complex

I do not have or have I seen any evidence to support that claim....BUT

Don't put it past our governments to have technology that looks out of this world. Look at the stealth fighter compared to other craft at the time of its unveiling(I think it had been around for about 10-15 years before that).

Looking at the stealth at that time with other craft, people could have made the leap of faith that it too was from out of this world---But it was not....

All I am saying is that do not underestimate humans and ingenuity.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Overload
Don't put it past our governments to have technology that looks out of this world.

exactly

if the Germans had this in development during WW2
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e5126d6380c3.jpg[/atsimg]
www.abovetopsecret.com...

imagine what the military has today

[edit on 14-7-2009 by warrenb]

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

Ahhh.....some welcome insight.....Hello Jim

Are you saying that NASA has already explained this? And as what? as "Junk"? If so,do you agree?(rhetorical question) And then from what country and what mission? Some links would be helpful.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Do not classify me when you do not know me, I don't believe it is alien just as I don't believe it is junk, for the simple fact because I don't know what it is so I am open to either but I won't accept either.

And I'm still waiting for a link to your source on alien propulsion technologies

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg

Originally posted by s.one.z
i think this is a very impressive shot since it seems that there is some kind of propulsion system on the left side of the craft wich is emitting some sort of flame - it could also be flare...

A flame in space? Please, educate yourself about the basics before offering stabs in the dark that only make you look... uneducated.

Ermmm Jim, I think your tone is extremely condescending, and totally incorrect! Are you trying to suggest that when a rocket engine fires in space that there is no flame??? Just because you're in a vacuum does not mean that with a supply of oxygen and a fuel you wouldn't get a flame! Don't worry s.one.z, most of us here understood what you meant.

Back OT, although the photographs are spectacular they certainly do appear to me to be debris, and the apparent flame is probably just reflection of sunlight on the debris.

Cheers

Robbie

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Discotech

Do not classify me when you do not know me, I don't believe it is alien just as I don't believe it is junk, for the simple fact because I don't know what it is so I am open to either but I won't accept either.

And I'm still waiting for a link to your source on alien propulsion technologies

I could not have said it better myself

And I'm still waiting too
...but don't hold your breath

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   

nope teasing nea why no reason if i want to tease i make a cgi and post it on youtube but nope its just what i found and what people reported

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg

i think this is a very impressive shot since it seems that there is some kind of propulsion system on the left side of the craft wich is emitting some sort of flame - it could also be flare...

A flame in space? Please, educate yourself about the basics before offering stabs in the dark that only make you look... uneducated.

as you seem to have significant knowledge of alien spacecrafts and their propulsion systems please educate us on that subject instead of calling me uneducated - thank you...

you might wanna take a look on that: www.fas.org...

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Overload

me neither btw dont they look a bit like those things
www.youtube.com...

could be the same things seen on the photo and on the film

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by stratsys-sws
Ermmm Jim, I think your tone is extremely condescending, and totally incorrect! Are you trying to suggest that when a rocket engine fires in space that there is no flame??? Just because you're in a vacuum does not mean that with a supply of oxygen and a fuel you wouldn't get a flame! Don't worry s.one.z, most of us here understood what you meant.

Actually, yes -- thruster plumes in space generally are invisible except when there's a momentary mismatch in the propellant mixture ratio, and the brief flash you see is super-heated unburned propellant. Some out-of-tune thrusters do produce more continuous visible plumes, and there are videos of this on youtube -- but it's not the general rule.

Mission Control is always interested in outside 'stuff' because it could be a clue to a vehicle malfunction -- past, present, or future. Thruster leaks are the most common. Some of the objects have been identified as structural elements breaking loose. Sadly, the one potential visual clue that was missed was on Columbia's last flight, when the hunk of stove-in RCC panel (from the ascent impact) drifted free the day after reaching orbit. Had the crew moticed it, Mission Control might have paid more attention to the potential for breakage of the thermal shield.

So the visual apparitions are by no means all nonsense or all unimportant.

There also remains the possibility, however small, that there is evidence for unexpected activity of any type -- you certainly wouldn't want to overlook that by dismissing it all without trying to understand it. But if you ring up too many 'false positives' (as the UFO buffs do), you certainly discourage the serious investigators from getting involved to the extent that they really should.

When I did this for a living, I often made these points -- here's a July 23, 1993 report I presented, "The Problem of Spacecraft-Generated Debris in Orbit", 3 meg,
filed here for access:
www.quickfilepost.com...

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   

as you seem to have significant knowledge of alien spacecrafts and their propulsion systems please educate us on that subject instead of calling me uneducated - thank you...

you might wanna take a look on that: www.fas.org...

I gotta figure a way to make this stuff more accessible in general, rather than serving as a one-on-one tutor. Are there any existing internet search options that would allow somebody to locate contrary/skeptical views of specific UFO stories? Can that be done?

I looked at the link. It's a PAINTING for gosh sakes. What do you think it's supposed to prove about plumes actually being visible in space?

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Here it is close up with a few minor adjustments to the contrast..

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1bcc5188003c.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by s.one.z

A flame cannot exist in space except when it has Oxygen to fuel the burning process (along with rocket fuel of course) or of course in the case of the sun during a nuclear reaction.

2nd line.

[edit on 15-7-2009 by DaMod]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by booda

Why, why, why does it always have to be blurred ?

When are we finally going to get close ups of objects with clarity that we can indentify what they are ?

I'm thinking NASA does all this on purpose just to tease those who want to think space junk is a spaceship

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Discotech

haha - I know.....for UFO enthusiasts its like a walking into a strip joint sexually frustrated and then being even more frustrated when leaving the strip joint...

If it was a UFO Im sure it wouldnt be on the site - or maybe in this case like the OP said it was pulled but then put back on again to stop any attention....

afterall we have no way of identifying it in the first place....be it UFO or space debris...

Back to the drawing board...

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join