It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A notice to those who oppose or have a problem with the Gay Rights Movement

page: 35
<< 32  33  34    36  37 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bluebelle
reply to post by jeasahtheseer

Its quite ironic that ATS seems to block out the use of that word

Im sure you're right in what you're saying, but theres still such an issue with white people saying it, even when its not meant as some sort of insult.

You probably wont have seen it, but in the UK's version of big brother a couple of years ago some girl got kicked out for saying the 'n-word' when she was chatting to her black friend. Even though she hadnt meant it in any other way then as a term of endearment, she was still kicked out. She even explained that she often used that term with her own black friends and they were fine with it. Funny thing is though, it turns out the black girl had said that word more than once in conversations with people, but BB conveniently chose not to air those bits.

[edit on 14-7-2009 by Bluebelle]

well I agree with you 100 percent on that, that is FREAKING REDICULOUS! She was chatting with her buddy, she should be able to say whatever the hell she wants.

I say the EXACT same stuff to my friends when we are joking around. I'll call them "'n-word's" and they call me "cracker" and stuff. Its all in good fun, and thats probably what this women was doing with her friend.

I agree with you, that is TOTALLY rediculous! BS.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Discotech

Completely agree. If there is a God then I feel that it should be one that has some sort of universal message... probably along the lines of just try to be a good person etc etc, not full of these silly little guidelines about going to church on sunday & whatnot. And that would actually bring all religions together, instead of people disagreeing and saying their religion is the correct one and thats that.

I cant wait for 2012
Ive got my tin foil hat at the ready, with an extra layer of foil for added protection.. and Im currently organising my end of the world party!

[edit on 14-7-2009 by Bluebelle]

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by jeasahtheseer

Yea it really is... although it is the same show that kicked a woman out a year later because she made her hand into the shape of a gun and waved it round whilst saying 'pow, pow, pow'.
You've gotta be careful of those finger guns... she could have poked someone in the eye!

I think where I live as well I dont tend to see much racism etc going on, only the attention seekers thinking that everyone's against them. For instance, this happened a few months back where I live..

news.bbc.co.uk...

And this guy ended up having to move to another post office because of all the death threats and general abuse he recieved.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bluebelle
reply to post by Discotech

Completely agree. If there is a God then I feel that it should be one that has some sort of universal message... probably along the lines of just try to be a good person etc etc, not full of these silly little guidelines about going to church on sunday & whatnot. And that would actually bring all religions together, instead of people disagreeing and saying their religion is the correct one and thats that.

Oh, what a happy day that would be! I just posted a response on another thread by a homophobic bible thumper that is equally relevant in this one as well:

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts

Originally posted by Evangelical
But, the homosexual movement is an instrument firmly in the hands I Satan. It is pure evil. It is seekin to silence the gospel and nothing is more vile than that agenda.

Oh, if I found a Genie and only got one wish, it would be that Christianity, once and for all, beyond a doubt, no question about it, be proven a [HOAX]!!! It has nothing to do with homosexuality, or that fictional being Satan used to scare the flock like the ultimate Boogeyman, it has to do with the hateful nature of way too many of it's flock of sheeple! It has to do with the way they try to infect the rest of us with their hate!

Oh what a happy day that would be! Full of Rainbows and Sunshine and Bunnies and Puppies!!!

And it would be!

I cant wait for 2012
Ive got my tin foil hat at the ready, with an extra level of foil for added protection.. and Im currently organising my end of the world party!

I'll mark it on my calendar! I'll bring the music!

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

I absolute love when anything Satan, hell, hidden agenda gets brought into it. And I genuinely mean love as well, I could read that bs all day! Every so often a guy turns up in my town centre with a board with various bible quotes on it, and then proceeds to stand on a bench with a megaphone and preaches about christianity. Last time I saw him he was shouting that evolution is the work of the devil

Feel free to bring some fireworks and chinese lanterns too... might as well give the 2012 lot a nice show seeing as there's going be to absolutely nothing else going on in the sky that night!

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Just to make peace between the pro-gays and anti-gays.

We do all agree of course that Gay sex is a deviant?
Per the American Psychological Association DSMIV.

But to re-enter the debate:
Just who are we kidding here?
There is a whole lotta sex stuff going on at many of these Gay Pride Parades; a lot more than holding hands and kissing!

If I were bugering my wife on a float or along a street I would expect some pissed off folk.

Does anyone care that butt bugering is very very unhealthy? Getting your dung into your blood is not a good thing .... gay or straight. You gals that do the butt buger thang are putting heteros at risk..
SO KNOCK IT OFF!!

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 02:44 AM
link   
I am Christian I am also an American. As a Christian I cannot condone homosexuallity. As an American I can. I do not have a problem with GLBTs. The problems I have with the Gay movement are as follows.

1. In California laws are getting passed which criminalize non gays. You cannot say "mom and dad" in public schools because you might offend someone with two moms or dads so now you have to say parents or something like that.

2. If a Christian says anything negative about gays it is a hate crime but not vice versa.

3. The President of the GLBT in San Franciso came out and said that Aids is a homosexual disease because 70% of the people who have it are GLBT, he was removed a couple weeks later.

4. Christians are being harassed and arrested by police during peaceful protests and witnessing at GLBT events just for voicing their opinion peacefully.

5. I have seen a few videos on youtube showing GLBT disrupting speakers at colleges, etc not letting them use their 1st amendment rights because they disagree.

6. Being Gay was deemed a mental disorder up till about 30-40 years ago when pressure was put on the psychiatric community by self interest groups with no psychiatric experience to stop diagnosing being gay as a mental disorder.

7. A law was past in a state(cannot remember which one) forbiding the printing of hate material. It is in question now if the Bible can be printed in this state.

When it comes down to it no other group or person has damaged our 1st amendment rights like the GLBT movement.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Bluebelle

Hah! You wouldn't happen to be needing a DJ for this party would you ?

reply to post by barksplinter

Actually it's not the fault of the homosexuals you want to blame, the true blame is the degredation of society and the PC police who think thoughts are offensive and are desparately trying to ban all & anything an individual deems offensive no matter how pathetic and liberty curtailing it may be!

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by barksplinter

Just to make peace between the pro-gays and anti-gays. We do all agree of course that Gay sex is a deviant? Per the American Psychological Association DSMIV.

Yeah, that worked...lol....we are all at peace now

But to re-enter the debate: Just who are we kidding here? There is a whole lotta sex stuff going on at many of these Gay Pride Parades; a lot more than holding hands and kissing! If I were bugering my wife on a float or along a street I would expect some pissed off folk.

You know a lot about pride. Hell, most gays don't even go to pride or know what goes on there. I think you have a vivid and perhaps unhealthy imagination.

Does anyone care that butt bugering is very very unhealthy? Getting your dung into your blood is not a good thing .... gay or straight. You gals that do the butt buger thang are putting heteros at risk.. SO KNOCK IT OFF!!

That speaks volumes about....well...you.

To anyone more sensible...political correctness has become ridiculous. Most gays do not mind jokes about gay people, in fact have a good laugh. Most don't even mind the derogatory words used to describe them. The only thing they mind is the hatred, the ignorance and the lack of rights equal to everyone else.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   
People let's be kind to each other, does somebodies orientation will mather anything if we get in trouble?

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by crazzycat

No, it doesn't, as was evidenced for a very short period of time following 9/11. For a brief moment in our nation's history, we became one. It was too short lived.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by argentus

Unless I've misjudged you, Helio, and you do approve of slavery, public stonings for taking the Lord's name in vain, trimming one's hair and beard, and adultery.

I didn't write the words in the Bible, nor did I interpret them.

peace

Slavery is not outlawed in the bible..........but the rules must be followed.
Bring back all public execution............
Ten commandments still hold..........
Trimming hair thingy is just another misunderstanding of the scripture.....
Adultery.......yet another commandment thingy....don't do it.

Yes I follow the "food thing too"............
Keep sabbath, both weekly and yearly

Homosexuality IS an abomination punishable by death, first and second death......

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by heliosprime

Sorry, but that made me throw up in my mouth! Slavery??? Public Executions??? Holy crap!!! Didn't you people learn anything that Jesus taught??? Frak me running!

As to the last line, good luck on carrying out that sentence. We're not all 'girly men'. And with the hate you carry in your heart, you will never enter that 'Paradise' you envision. I'm fairly certain it's a 'No Hate' zone.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by heliosprime

Originally posted by argentus

Unless I've misjudged you, Helio, and you do approve of slavery, public stonings for taking the Lord's name in vain, trimming one's hair and beard, and adultery.

I didn't write the words in the Bible, nor did I interpret them.

peace

Slavery is not outlawed in the bible..........but the rules must be followed.
Bring back all public execution............
Ten commandments still hold..........
Trimming hair thingy is just another misunderstanding of the scripture.....
Adultery.......yet another commandment thingy....don't do it.

Yes I follow the "food thing too"............
Keep sabbath, both weekly and yearly

Homosexuality IS an abomination punishable by death, first and second death......

Umm wow. Do you truly think like this? I really feel sorry for you.

You want to bring back public executions and slavery?

And gays aren't a abomination if anything is, you are. You filthy, vile, disgusting hate filled people.

And if hell and heaven do exist I think you will be in for a shock where you end up when you die.

[edit on 15-7-2009 by jeasahtheseer]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I just found this in BTS - worth a look if you're interested in the bible and marriage:

www.belowtopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Back at the turn of the Millenium, J.T. Thompson, a local gay artist, began distributing this bumper sticker in Key West, FL:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/40e370b9beb3.gif[/atsimg]
onehumanfamily.info

This is an appropriate place for such a notion to begin, as it is a very tolerant city. It is the only city I know of that the straight white males ran the KKK out of town when they tried to start up a recruitment drive down there. Everybody just gets along. In fact, since the sticker's inception, it's been adopted as the City of Key West's official motto.

There's always hope.

[edit on 15-7-2009 by JaxonRoberts]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by heliosprime

Nice dancing, but the wrong music.

I'll ask you more directly then, heliosprime.

1. Do you approve of slavery? The Holy Bible has tenents in both Exodus and Leviticus for how daughters and slaves of "strangers" should be bought and sold.

2. Do you believe the following are offenses that should cause a person to be stoned to death: trimming hair/beard, adultery, sleeping with relatives, taking the Lord's name in vain, fairlure to observe the Sabbath.

3. Do you conduct regular burnt offerings, and if so, are you always certain that the altar is of non-hewn stone?

All of these things can be found in the Holy Bible. The "abomination" thing you seem to like to repeat, that's in Leviticus, as is most of items 1-3 above.

Do you or do you not approve of or condone the things? If you do, then fine, at least you are consistent. If you do not, then what gives you the unmitigated GALL to select just two passages and apply them to judge other human beings?

Can you not see the inconsistency of this? It's not just a misunderstanding. It's IN the Holy Bible. Many Christians feel that Jesus changed these old precepts that were adopted in Moses' time.

So. Short question. Approve or not? I'll be happy to give you exact books and passages of the Bible, or you can look back at the first post I made to you.

I'm not trying to rock your faith, friend. Just jog your thinking

[edit to take a little of the edge off it.
]

[edit on 15/7/09 by argentus]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I have yet to see anyone refute the 3 rules of basic life.
I have heard a lot of arguments about religious beliefs, social responsibility, compassion and the like.

But the simple, unemotional truth is that all viable members of a species obey 3 simple rules. The bitter truth is, if they (organisms) do not obey those rules, then they are not productive members of that species. Reproduction is one of those rules. Homosexuality is therefore not a viable permutation of the genetic progression.

And AGAIN: I have NOT said that homosexuals should be eliminated or discarded as members of the human species. I believe that we can see beyond our animal and instinctual nature. Therefore, please do NOT attribute those comments to me unless you can provide a direct quote from one of my previous posts that says such. I love my gay friends and relatives as much as the straights (and sometimes more so). What I am trying to establish is that, despite my own personal feelings, I cannot dispassionately state that I believe my queer brethren are "normal" (in the objective sense of the word).

Those that would presumptuously state that they (gay persons) are "normal" are flying in the face of the reality of nature.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by passenger

I'll give you that we are not normal, in the sense of normal is the majority. Blue eyes are not normal. Curly hair is not normal. Red hair is not normal. Being caucasian is not normal. Being a College graduate is not normal. Serving in the military is not normal. Dedicating your life to helping those less fortunate than you is not normal. There is nothing wrong with not being normal.

And I think we already covered the whole overpopulation thing already.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

Nope. You adroitly avoided my main contention again. Being blue eyed IS normal. Being black or white IS normal ( and so on, in the sense of a varietal but still viable mutation). Being a member of the species that does not follow all 3 of the basic fundamentals of a viable species is NOT normal. Being "normal" is not about being in the "majority" - it is about being in that group of those individuals that can still conform to the basic tenets of natural law.

A rabbit with black fur or white fur is always possibly viable and therefore normal. It may prove to be a localized infirmity but the possibility exists for it to survive and reproduce dependent upon the particular circumstances of the environment. A rabbit that cannot or does not follow one of the other rules, e.g. eat, is doomed to extinction. (In the case of reproduction in the larger sense that its genetic material, and by extension the species, will not be continued).

Being black or blue eyed or serving in the military is not a barrier to the 3 basic laws of life. Being queer is. You are the one that cannot see beyond your emotional (albeit entirely human and good ) reactions. But the simple fact remains: homosexuality is a non-productive (literally and metaphorically) aberration in the gene pool. It is akin to being a blind rabbit. Blind rabbits only make food for foxes. They do not enhance the rest of rabbitdom.

I still defy you to prove otherwise. Refute any of the 3 rules with an example of any successful species that does so and then I will accept the assertion that being gay is "normal".

new topics

top topics

<< 32  33  34    36  37 >>

join