It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A notice to those who oppose or have a problem with the Gay Rights Movement

page: 34
<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by jeasahtheseer

:-)

I have no problem with gay people, but I admit I don't like seeing them kissing and stuff, but I also don't like seeing straight people kiss either, its gross. I won't kiss my wife in public either.

I hope you understand that I ask this question with only humor in my heart -

but when did public displays of affection become "gross"?

I understand that there is a line that can be crossed - but, people used to kiss in public - didn't they?

I'm pretty sure...

or - was that all in my head?

I only bring it up because it's been mentioned here and there several times in several of these threads - it just got me to wondering

I personally think you should kiss your wife in public - but, maybe that's just me

(sorry for kinda sorta going off topic)

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I havent read through the other posts, so this might have been posted already.. but has anyone considered the uproar that would occur if us straight people had our own parades/festivals and whatnot... same with if there was a white pride one?

There's no such thing as equality anymore!

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Bluebelle

you are right about that when christians or white pride movements start there is an uproar about them being racist or homophobes. Good point

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bluebelle
There's no such thing as equality anymore!

There never was a such a thing as equality

Equality is like perfection, just a dream people aspire to attain but never reach because it's impossible to reach.

Fat people will always be treated differently to skinny people
Ugly people will always be treated differently to Beautiful people
Black people will always be treated differently to White people
Long haired people will always be treated differently to short haired people
Straight people will always be treated differently to Gay people

The list could go on and on listing every single difference between different people.

The simple reality is everyone treats everyone differently based on how they think and feel about each individual person, there can never be equality unless everybody thought, felt, acted and look the same.

Personally I think gay couples should be able to have financial and state benefits attributed to married straight couples. I do not however agree that gays should be married in holy matromony as it goes about the beliefs of the church and whilst I am opposed to religious doctrine I believe they are entitled to keep their facist doctrinal heritage intact.

Now a name other than marriage that can be used for couples who get "married" and are none religous is perfectly acceptable as long as it grants the same benefits as married couples get!

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spiramirabilis

I have no problem with gay people, but I admit I don't like seeing them kissing and stuff, but I also don't like seeing straight people kiss either, its gross. I won't kiss my wife in public either.

I hope you understand that I ask this question with only humor in my heart -

but when did public displays of affection become "gross"?

I understand that there is a line that can be crossed - but, people used to kiss in public - didn't they?

I'm pretty sure...

or - was that all in my head?

I only bring it up because it's been mentioned here and there several times in several of these threads - it just got me to wondering

I personally think you should kiss your wife in public - but, maybe that's just me

(sorry for kinda sorta going off topic)

It makes me feel uncomfortable, I don't know why (I'm talking about kissing my wife in public). And when it comes to anyone else kissing I just don't like to see it, I kind of consider it rude behavior.

If I am out at a nice restaurant on a romantic date with my wife I will kiss her there, I have no problem doing that. Or if we feel the urge to kiss eachother somewhere in public, I'll do it too, as long as there isn't people around. Cause i'm pretty sure most people don't want to see that.

[edit on 14-7-2009 by jeasahtheseer]

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Discotech

There never was a such a thing as equality

Equality is like perfection, just a dream people aspire to attain but never reach because it's impossible to reach.

Fat people will always be treated differently to skinny people
Ugly people will always be treated differently to Beautiful people
Black people will always be treated differently to White people
Long haired people will always be treated differently to short haired people
Straight people will always be treated differently to Gay people

The list could go on and on listing every single difference between different people.

The simple reality is everyone treats everyone differently based on how they think and feel about each individual person, there can never be equality unless everybody thought, felt, acted and look the same.

Personally I think gay couples should be able to have financial and state benefits attributed to married straight couples. I do not however agree that gays should be married in holy matromony as it goes about the beliefs of the church and whilst I am opposed to religious doctrine I believe they are entitled to keep their facist doctrinal heritage intact.

Now a name other than marriage that can be used for couples who get "married" and are none religous is perfectly acceptable as long as it grants the same benefits as married couples get!

I do think at some point in time, probably for about half a second there was equality... but after that half a second a gay/black/disabled person accused someone of racism/homophobia because someone looked in their direction!

I agree with the thing about gay couples should be allowed to recieve benefits the same at straight couples, and with the part about not being married in 'holy matrimony'. I find it quite strange that gay people would actually want to get married in a church when it is a place associated with a religion that forbids you to love the person you want to marry

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   

If I am out at a nice restaurant on a romantic date with my wife I will kiss her there, I have no problem doing that. Or if we feel the urge to kiss eachother somewhere in public, I'll do it too, as long as there isn't people around. Cause i'm pretty sure most people don't want to see that.

fair enough - andyou sound like a good husband

this is off topic - I know - it just surprises me to hear so many people mention it

kissing seems so - harmless

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
And more thing about my pda with my wife...

Another reason I won't kiss my wife in public is because shes black, and even here in this liberal place we live there are still people apposed to interracial couples, its quite sad. I know I shouldn't care what these people think of me or my wife, but I do for some MESSED up reason. I will get over it eventually.

I can't help who I am attracted to. I am VERY attracted to black women. There is nothing wrong with that in my book. Its just what the type of girl I am most attracted to.

I have had people yell disgusting stuff at us just walking around holding hands (and I bet you would never in a million years thought you would see these type of people in liberal california, but they are here).

I have literally been called "'n-word' lover" by people driving by in cars and all kind of stuff. But I lived down in the south before, and it WAS MUCH MUCH worst down there. And I just wanna say I don't think all of the south is like that, its just the town we lived in was a all white town, it was all kind of trailer trash people. I don't think all people in the south are like this, I know there are MANY good people in the south.

The thing that pisses me off too is my wife is BEAUTIFUL and I don't know how these guys can't see that beauty. I mean if my wife kept all her looks but had white skin, most of these racist guys would find her attractive, I'm sure.

I consider my love for my wife and daughter a beautiful thing. And my daughter is a beautiful half white half black mix, but some people seem to think she is the spawn of satan.

when I was in the south I was blaimed quite a few times for "contributing to ruining the white race". My response to that was "good, I'm glad I'm contributing to that". Now let me clarify I don't hate white people or anything, obviously I'm white (pretty much white) but I do think the world will be better off when we are all mixed together. It'll happen eventually...

Glad I'm out of that all white hell hole (the rent was cheap and we where going through some hard times didn't have much money).

Its quite sad.

I hate hatred and racism and prejudice. I wish it would go away.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   

I agree with the thing about gay couples should be allowed to recieve benefits the same at straight couples, and with the part about not being married in 'holy matrimony'. I find it quite strange that gay people would actually want to get married in a church when it is a place associated with a religion that forbids you to love the person you want to marry

The main issue and something which enforces my opinion on the BS of man made religion doctrine is that these days homosexuality is being allowed within the church by the more liberal followers.

For instance here in the great (LOL) UK we have a gay archbishop or something like that, which I totally disagree with (as strange as it sounds being against religion) as the church has always been against homosexuality yet is suddenly changing its views to adjust to modern day society (which just enforces my views that its all BS if it can suddenly rewrite its practices its used for millenia at the drop of a hat).

And it's the hardcore/old school "extremists" who have had it drilled into them that gays be the work of the debil that are against it and I agree with them that they should be able to believe what they have mislead into believing and I see no problem with them being against the whole marriage and gays issues.

Call it a civil union but grant it the same benefits as a marriage and there would be no problem at all. But for some reason the gays are being as ignorant as the religious fools and want to call it marriage when its just a word which holds no relevance to the actual meaning.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
nevermind. i get in to much arguments on here. I'm done fightin!

Peace!!!!

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Discotech

We have a gay archbishop?! Haha I didnt know that!

Yea its silly how many religious people these days seem to gloss over the 'thou shalt not lay with another man' (or something to that effect) thing, and then try and preach to others about how great God is and how its the way forward etc. How do they expect to get people on the religion bandwagon if they arent fully on it themselves?

But yea, thats a whoooole other kettle of fish!

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   

I didnt mean any form of racism, homophobia etc in particular.. was just a generalization. Although something weird Ive seen about that.. why is it okay for black people to call eachother 'n-word', but if a white person says it then their treated as if they've just confessed to being the leader of the KKK?

It only took a few people to get the ball rolling with regards to any type of equality, and it only takes a few people to go beyond it and make others become oversensitive on the subject.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   

I didnt mean any form of racism, homophobia etc in particular.. was just a generalization. Although something weird Ive seen about that.. why is it okay for black people to call eachother 'n-word', but if a white person says it then their treated as if they've just confessed to being the leader of the KKK?

It only took a few people to get the ball rolling with regards to any type of equality, and it only takes a few people to go beyond it and make others become oversensitive on the subject.

BTW I realized now you where just generalizing, so I apoligize. I actually just deleted the whole post I made to you up there when I realized that, but I guess you quoted it and responded to it like the second before I edited it all out.

Black people call eachother that as a term of endearment.. And you might think its the same, but they are saying NIGGA not NIGGER. To black people there is a HUGE difference.

and btw I know MANY black, white and latino people who call eachother nigga. most blacks don't care if you say nigga. But if you are saying 'n-word' they take offense.

I however do not use the word "nigga" because I am not a "wanna be gangster" which is pretty much what all the white people I see that say it are.

And really, lets be honest, the only reason anyone says "'n-word'" is because they trying to be racist.

All my black friends if someone called them a 'n-word' they would kick that persons ass. My friends definitely wouldn't be like "oh my god, a racist i am so offended!". lmao

I have grown up around black people my entire life, but I am still my own person. I don't speak in slang or any of that. I don't dress like most white people who hang out with blacks dress (pants saggin down, crap like that, that is such a ugly style) I like being my own person.

I am also a 26 year old man with a wife and a kid. and If I dressed like that at this age it would be kinda tacky lol.

But like I said blacks don't care (atleast the ones I know on the west coast where I live) if a white person calls them nigga. But they DO CARE if you call them "'n-word'". And by care I don't mean they will try to file a complaint against you, I mean they will will kick your ass.

When a white person says 'n-word' to a black person they are obviously being racist (unless they are buddies and they're just messing around or something). I say it to my friends, just joking around and stuff.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Bluebelle

Which is why I don't buy into religion and their Gods, it's written by man and constantly changed to suit the society of the time and is only there to control man! I believe there could be a God/Creator just not as described in any man written text..

Most of them twist and manipulate the words written to suit their agendas anyway missing out what doesn't suit them, there are no true believers anymore, all the true fanatics died out when heracy & witch hunting went out the window and a little bit of logic and science was allowed into society.

Still there's only 3 years left, so why not let the gays have some freedom before Satan spawns and God comes to judge us all and kills those he hates to burn in hell for eternity, The Mayan calendar kills us all, we enter the centre of the galaxy and get killed by earthquake & tidal waves and other freakish weather before finally nibiru crashes into us to kill off the last few lucky survivers. (did I miss any impending doom for 2012 ? I'm sure I did the list is massive)

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   

All just shades of brown, far as I can see. Here on the island, even the white people...... aren't. So much focus placed on the specific shade, or facial features....... always has been an amazement to me that anyone has a problem with people of different skin tones.

........and holding hands. Man, I wouldn't give that up for anything. It matters. Anyone else should be able to do the same without some smatass having something to say about it. It sets a good example, I think, besides being a very basic expression of fondness.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by argentus

All just shades of brown, far as I can see. Here on the island, even the white people...... aren't. So much focus placed on the specific shade, or facial features....... always has been an amazement to me that anyone has a problem with people of different skin tones.

........and holding hands. Man, I wouldn't give that up for anything. It matters. Anyone else should be able to do the same without some smatass having something to say about it. It sets a good example, I think, besides being a very basic expression of fondness.

I am sorry, but I'm not sure what post of mine you are responding to... hehe could you direct me to it your quote it?

Are you saying I have a problem with people with different skin tones? What does that mean?

I am like extremely ANTI hateful/racist/prejudice.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Sorry, I should've included your quote........ I was responding to your post talking about the people who've yelled vulgar stuff to you and your wife "N-lover" etc.

I just don't understand that mindset. Thus, all just shades of brown......

Sorry for the misunderstanding.... just commiserating more than anything.

cheers

[edit on 14/7/09 by argentus]

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by argentus

Sorry, I should've included your quote........ I was responding to your post talking about the people who've yelled vulgar stuff to you and your wife "N-lover" etc.

I just don't understand that mindset. Thus, all just shades of brown......

Sorry for the misunderstanding.... just commiserating more than anything.

cheers

[edit on 14/7/09 by argentus]

Ohhh yeah I completely understand what you mean now... Yeah I was just kind of confused for a second, hehe.

Star for you!

Peace!

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Its quite ironic that ATS seems to block out the use of that word

Im sure you're right in what you're saying, but theres still such an issue with white people saying it, even when its not meant as some sort of insult.

You probably wont have seen it, but in the UK's version of big brother a couple of years ago some girl got kicked out for saying the 'n-word' when she was chatting to her black friend. Even though she hadnt meant it in any other way then as a term of endearment, she was still kicked out. She even explained that she often used that term with her own black friends and they were fine with it. Funny thing is though, it turns out the black girl had said that word more than once in conversations with people, but BB conveniently chose not to air those bits.

[edit on 14-7-2009 by Bluebelle]

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Peace back, mon, and thanks for asking the question back so gently. Sometimes the written word on the internet can be misunderstood. You seem like a very fair, good person.

I wish the world weren't such that we have the reason to discuss gay rights, racism, other prejuidices. Thankfully, though, at least we have the PLACE to do so. Little steps, I guess. Maybe that's the way societal changes happen.

sometimes, I get impatient, though. I want everyone to have the same priviledges and rights I do. No more, no less.

new topics

top topics

<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join