It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palin Hints At Independent Conservative Movement

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I wish her all the best!

Enter now Sarah Palin with very encouraging comments that lead one to believe that she is indeed planning to do what she must: build an independent conservative movement and take this nation back from the liberals which now control both parties.Thanks liberals, for provoking Sarah into the national scene while vetting that family at the same time.
yeah, thank you libs!
tammybruce.com...

And to those moderates screaming for a third party...here it is, put your money where your mouth is.

This news came from Sarah's facebook page, she posted this news so I believe it is more than a rumor by Tammy Bruce.

[edit on 11-7-2009 by JulieMills]

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I hope so , she's a firecracker. Looks like she wants to dis herself from the two parties that everyone is sick of.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Good lord.

From her Facebook page? So, it's a concreted plan then...

Sorry Sarah, the social democrats are back after neoliberalism crashed the whole thing, and if you can't even interact with the media, well, have fun being a grandmother.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Tammy bruce also said this:

I hope the Washington Times and their editors realize, sooner than later, that the Palin movement is unstoppable and their credibility would be saved simply by reporting the news instead of becoming a GOP version of the NYT.

I foud that statement interesting...

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by mattguy404

patience my liberal friend...she who laughs last....

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I think we are going to see a MUCH sharper Sarah Palin emerge.

I maintained through the whole election that she was gravely insulted, that Mc Cains people put a very bright very tough woman into a position to be used as a figure... a pretty conservative woman and tried to hush her so she Blew the Election on purpose because they wouldn't let her express her real views.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if she emerges a much brighter person than we currently perceive her as... I detected a NOTICEABLE drop in IQ following her debut speech and I can only assume it was intended by her

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Sarah Palin.

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on Sat Jul 11 2009 by Jbird]

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
3rd party would be good. As long as her intentions are true.

[edit on 11-7-2009 by Tyr Sog]

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   
This party already exists. It's called the Libertarian party, and Palin is not a Libertarian. Sounds like she's just doing some pandering.

TA

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
More parties could work out to be a very good thing even if some of them are only subtly different.

with one or 2 independent parties one being a more extreme democratic party the other a more extreme Republican party...

all you get is a loss of 5-10% of each major party

but if we have 5 or 6 serious parties competing, then we might seriously diminish the power of the Big 2

Maybe...

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I am frightened of how cool she is and how many moderates will vote for her... Plus she has executive experience, she is very intelligent and many men want to have sex with her.

I would watch out

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
She should run as presidential candidate for the stupid party.

my bad, apologies for the accidental tagging

[edit on 12-7-2009 by Crakeur]

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Mod Edit: Post removed and member warned.

Mod Note: Civility and Decorum are Required - Please Review This Link
Mod Edit: Please Review the Following Link: Courtesy Is Mandatory

[edit on Sat Jul 11 2009 by Jbird]

[edit on 7/12/2009 by AshleyD]

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAssociate

This party already exists. It's called the Libertarian party, and Palin is not a Libertarian. Sounds like she's just doing some pandering.

Yeah...i was thinking the same thing. Do the people that support her even know what she stands for?

Just because she says "I'm for smaller government" doesn't me crap in my book.

Just another reason why the country is going down the tubes.

Someone stated that we need more major parties....I used to think that as well....but I don't anymore.

There should be NO political parties....God forbid people actually had to look up information on who they are voting for instead of going by the party line which a large portion of the population does.

Instead of R's and D's next to their names on the ballots....How about their voting records instead? How about campaign contributions by corporate entities as well? You'd think that would be important because lobbyist are the ones writing the bills enforced upon us.

Makes sense to me.

[edit on 12-7-2009 by David9176]

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 06:14 AM
link   
She will? I’ve already been let down by the supposed "chairperson" rumour.... I tell ya would have been great to have her lead the Republican Party officially.... Mr Steele was getting boring

I can assure you that Palin will not gain even half the votes of conservatives in this nation come 2012, yes I didn’t say American voters, conservatives in particular, the whole 42% of em including moderates. Palin is just a plastic Barbie being paraded around whenever it’s convenient to wave around the sexist card or to go on about "small town mama". Sure, was all fine and dandy when Mrs Palin was running for VP.... behind another man... what will happen when she runs for that nomination? She won’t get voted in even by what is supposed to be her own ideological voting block.

I can guarantee any of you right here that if she runs we’re going to be sitting here again with a thread titled "why Palin didn’t make it past super Tues."..... of course the argument would then she aint done, yet June will confirm the obvious.

I might as well ask this question early...3.5 years before the elections. Why didn’t Sarah Palin become the nominee? Why did Sarah Palins third party only manage to gain Alaska and Alabama?

I tell ya I hope this one is true, it sure is going to make my time discussing politics more joyful.... as if the past month couldn’t get any better.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by David9176

David Im just curious... taking Palin as an example in her intentions for a third party, and I recall the calls for a conservative third party earlier this year, why are some of your fellow conservatives here, in particular social conservatives ignoring third parties like the libertarian party, the constitutional party? Why dont they support these parties? Im sure it aint due to lack of knowledge, I think these parties have been expose sufficiently... just why do they turn their backs on these parties in particular to the Republican party? Why do they feel the need to start a new one when there are over 10 other ones?

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 06:25 AM
link   
We already have the Libertarian party and the Constitution Party.

I understand why she wants to leave the Republican Party. Because those entrenched in the party have already said they won't support her and if she wants to be POTUS in 2012 she'd need to have them in her pocket. But they have already moved on.

I still think that her quitting being gov. was a huge mistake.

If she wants to change over to the Libertarians or Constitution Party when she's done .. great. But there isn't going to be a 'Palin party' - IMHO. She can try, but it won't go anywhere.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I got the feeling that Palin the breeder got a taste of power while running for vice president and the designer clothes got to her head

Now she wants it all

Sorry to say but she doesn't stand a chance at all.

Independent party my butt.

[edit on 12-7-2009 by marg6043]

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Palin Hints At Independent Conservative Movement
Oh please dear God, let this be true. exGov. Palin as our standard bearer could once again place us back into your guiding hands. And Dear God, would it be possible for her to campaign necked or at least in her underwear?

[edit on 12-7-2009 by whaaa]

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

Why dont they support these parties? Im sure it aint due to lack of knowledge, I think these parties have been expose sufficiently... just why do they turn their backs on these parties in particular to the Republican party? Why do they feel the need to start a new one when there are over 10 other ones?

I don't know. Most likely the real reason is that they don't feel it's a choice..or that those choices are too extreme. If the corporate media doesn't see them as a plausible choice...then people won't as well.

Losing hope.

IMO....political parties need to disappear. Vote one what a person believes in...not party affiliation.

Why don't they show who's contributing to their campaigns on the voter cards...or better yet the staffers...the ones who actually WRITE the bill.

It's all a sham SG...and until we can all work around that somehow it's never going to change.

Right now we are voting for corporations....it's sad....but it's true.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join