It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I thought I Saw a UFO 7-11-09 and I have Pictures(Images Defined)

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by spikey

Why do you come on this site mate?

All you ever seem to do is wait around until someone post something such as the OP has, then you jump on it with the bloody chinese lantern explaination!

Can't your mind fathom the possibility that it is indeed out of the ordinary, rather than clutching at whatever straw you feel MIGHT fit the bill?

You sir, are a disinfo 'groupie', either that or you are actually being paid by someone.

The simplest explaination if this sighting were to be taken on it's own would be along the lines of a RC toy, or something thrown in the air...

In the abcense of the other millions of photos, videos, expert witness testimony, official records, astronaut sightings, piliot sightings, radar tapes, drawings, missing pilots and so on, Occam's razor would apply to your offerrings of an explaination, however weak.

But there are the millions of other sightings, reports and so on, so in this case, with that in mind, Occam's razor dictates, that this is not as you so keenly proffer, a *!@*!? Chinese lantern (give me a F*!@**& break) or a carrier bag. As the simplest explaination is that it is NOT what you say.

Oh...your on the ignore list...and i'd recommend everyone else to check back along 'TheMythLives' previous posts, and see for yourselves what kind of mindset is involved in his/her postings. You will more than likely see what i mean when i say disinfo...

Since I was asked questions. I will answer them.

**Why do you come on this site mate?**
To explore, to learn, to post research and to help others

**All you ever seem to do is wait around until someone post something such as the OP has, then you jump on it with the bloody chinese lantern explaination!**

Well I cannot post what it looks like? And I post more then Chinese Lanterns, sometimes they are balloons

**Can't your mind fathom the possibility that it is indeed out of the ordinary, rather than clutching at whatever straw you feel MIGHT fit the bill?**

Well my mind can fathom a lot, but it was OBVIOUS that it was not a UFO. But a balloon or a Chinese Sky Lantern or if you perfer a sky lantern. Luckily, someone found an excellent picture of a weather balloon and thats what it was.

**You sir, are a disinfo 'groupie', either that or you are actually being paid by someone.**

I already told everyone I was in the CIA in the "CIA is on ATS" thread..lol.. I am joking of course, but I assure you I am not a disinfo agent and if I were getting paid, it would be a lot more then I am making now.

**The simplest explaination if this sighting were to be taken on it's own would be along the lines of a RC toy, or something thrown in the air...**

What are you talking about?

**In the abcense of the other millions of photos, videos, expert witness testimony, official records, astronaut sightings, piliot sightings, radar tapes, drawings, missing pilots and so on, Occam's razor would apply to your offerrings of an explaination, however weak.**

Yes, since we know what this UFO is a weather balloon, lets just reject that and say its a UFO so we feel better.. Nice reasoning.

**But there are the millions of other sightings, reports and so on, so in this case, with that in mind, Occam's razor dictates, that this is not as you so keenly proffer, a *!@*!? Chinese lantern (give me a F*!@**& break) or a carrier bag. As the simplest explaination is that it is NOT what you say.**

And out of those millions I do believe their are genuine UFO's, but most can be simply debunked or explained. The simpliest explaination? I was close enough, I hinted at a balloon in my first post, so I was not that far off...

**Oh...your on the ignore list...and i'd recommend everyone else to check back along 'TheMythLives' previous posts, and see for yourselves what kind of mindset is involved in his/her postings. You will more than likely see what i mean when i say disinfo...**

Yes, how grown up of you! Your porbably like 20 years older than me and acting like a child..
deal with it. We all have different views and different explainations and sometimes a UFO is NOT a UFO. Learn to accept that instead of blindly saying its a UFO without any investigations. I actually went back myself and looked at my posts and I didn't see a disinfo agent, I saw a smart member..
And sense you ignored me...lol.. I get the last laugh in this conversation.

Closing Statements.

Let this be an example of what not to be as a member. We ALL need to have an open mind, just because I do not believe in aliens does not mean I do not believe in UFO's! They actually happen, I just differ in who is driving them..lol.. A yes, sometimes UFO's are just that.. UFO's. But sometimes/most of the times an explaination can be found. Much like in this thread, it was found out to be a Weather Balloon. So lets not jump to the conclusion of a UFO, before checking the Check List. We are all searching for the truth, so instead of attacking a member PUBLICLY and DERAILING a thread like this one. Contact them through a U2U if you have an issue!..instead of calling that member out in public. Because you seen what happened to this member he assumed and assumed and made an "you know" out of him and I luckily was able to avoid making an "you know" out of me.

SPECIAL THANKS

Much thanks to S-Dog for the support and the help and much thanks to Jkrog08 for his help as well.
I appreciate both of your friendships and this wasvery kind of you to defend a member who wasn't around at that time. To me that speaks volumes.

Alright I am done!

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Reply to post by KIRKSTERUK

Its proven to be a balloon, hmph. I do suppose there is absolutely no way a balloon or latern or any other manmade object could be constructed to look like a known unidentified or identified aircraft. I do agree that there are disinfo agents on ATS and you can easily tell who they are since they are usually one of the first responders to an Original Post and somehow always say the same thing to disprove it. The word is out. The cat is out of the bag. The proof is in the pudding, and it tastes soooooo good, btw. Aliens are here and disclosure is nigh. I shall not tell another ATS member how to conduct themselves no matter what side of the fence they are on but I will say I ignore the ones who blatantly show they have no open mind and my time spent on ATS is extremely enjoyable and satisfying. And I hope those ignorant ones do the same to me since we obviously will never see eye to eye and the disinfo punks will never brainwash me. I am awake. You cannot put me back to sleep. Deny ignorance and disinfo. Awake.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnitedSatesofFreemasons
Thank you very much, i also thought ballon or plastic bag at first. But a couple of telling signs say other wise. It never moved, and the bottom clear thing never switched positions, always the same spot. But can someone put them through some softwhere and get some negative and enhancements, i would greatly appreciate it!

That's nice. However, what if you in fact launched the balloon and posted these pictures to get attention? Your testimony regarding movement and the "bottom clear thing" isn't reliable.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by spikey

The bliss, it burns!

Perhaps you both should follow your own advice and leave this, a CONSPIRACY forum, and frequent one that deals with weather balloons and paper lanterns, since you both seem obsessed with the things.

Obsessed?

I tell you what ... if you can find a single post amongst the couple I have posted since joining ATS in which I have ever uttered the words "chinese lantern" to describe an object I have seen on a thread as my opinion ... I WILL leave.

Go ahead, I'll wait.

Or I can save you the time and tell you that it has NEVER happened. Your assumptions about other members are flat out wrong over and over. May I suggest that henceforth, you concern yourself with the topics at hand rather than obsessing over the reasoning behind other members' posts.

Or you can carry on as you are, it's all the same to me.

BTW, leave possible T&C infringements to the moderators. If they feel it's warranted, i'll hear from them themselves i expect. Unless of course you feel they are not doing their jobs properly and you could do better...why not tell them you think they are incompetent and that you think they need help from you?

lol, it occurred to me for a split second to 'alert' your post to staff ... but what fun would that be? They would have removed part or all of it and we would have lost all record of your brilliant insight.
Nah, I prefer to deal with nincompoopery on my own, staff are busy enough at it is.

Bread and circuses ... and so it goes

Now ...

It seems that the case for a weather balloon has been solidly made.
Do we have any compelling reason to believe that this might be something other than that?

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Do we have any compelling reason to believe that this might be something other than that?

No, it looks pretty solid. I would feel comfortable calling this case closed and verified as a simple weather balloon. But of course without official documentation of a launch nothing is 'officially closed'. But it doesn't matter IMO, it is obvious this was a balloon.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by UnitedSatesofFreemasons

What time of the day was it?

As we have already seen the object is very likely a weather balloon, which is not surprising since there is a launch site in your area (KWAL).

Weather balloons are launched from the upper air building which is located in a valley adjacent to the forecast office (pictured, top row left). They are filled with helium inside of the small building (pictured, top row center and right), then taken outside to launch (pictured, bottom row center). The helium, which is a very light gas, allows the balloon to reach heights of 60,000 feet above the earth's surface in about an hour. As the balloon rises, the atmosphere thins and the pressure outside the balloon decreases allowing the balloon to expand and eventually break. This usually happens within two hours of the launch at elevations of 80,000 to 120,000 feet.

The balloons are launched from hundreds of locations around the world twice a day every day of the year. The launches occur simultaneously worldwide! This gives meteorologists a snapshot of the earth's three-dimensional atmospheric conditions.

Here is a map of "Radiosonde" balloon launch sites within the US:

Text and image courtesy of www.ua.nws.noaa.gov...

Short of getting wind data and a lot more additional work I think this adequately closes any doubts that this was a weather balloon. Excellent pictures though, made it easy for Blaine to identify it and saved a long circular debate over something mundane.

[edit on 7/12/2009 by jkrog08]

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08
reply to post by schrodingers dog

No, it looks pretty solid. I would feel comfortable calling this case closed and verified as a simple weather balloon. But of course without official documentation of a launch nothing is 'officially closed'. But it doesn't matter IMO, it is obvious this was a balloon.

My only concern is that i googled weather baloon and I didn't see one image of a weather baloon in flight that looked like the OP's. Why does it appear so dark in comparison and why do we not see the teather? I'm not saying it isn't a weather baloon just not 100% convinced. Could it possibly be something else man made? Another type off baloon or other hovering object?

This is the best I could find. IMO no match.

Also someone who knows about photography - there seems to be some sort of red streak with a light in it that looks like the lighter 'shadow' image of the object to the left of the object in several of the pictures. What type of artifact is that? (Like to know for future reference)

Thanks OP for the good pictures.

[edit on 12/7/2009 by IAmD1]

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by IAmD1

The best reason given (I am no image expert) I have heard is just cameras can not deal with light as good as human eyes. I think the coloration is likely related to imaging issues with the camera. The facts just fit, the shape and place where it was seen pretty much lock it up IMO. Anything else is countered by those strong facts in my opinion.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
hmmm it looks like something long, and the pointing upward, like a tower.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Whatever this object turns out to be, if it is ever identified, I appreciate you sharing your find with ATS. I know things I have posted before have came under heavy fire and critisized. I believe any person willing to take time out of their day to see beyond the tip of their own nose to document something that may be of another origin deserves kudos.

There are in fact strange phenomenon in our skies any any given time that go un noticed and undocumented. People should not have to hide what they have filmed or photographed for fear of verbal and social attacks.

Personally, I will continue to keep close watch over the skies and try my best to document any possibility of a UFO or other related phenomenon. I have myself accidently filmed the ISS satellite as well as other explainable things. It has not hindered me in the least from admitting my error and getting back out "into the field". A person who is willing to admit their find has a explanation will be rendered as a reliable, trustworthy person in the future if they should document something unconventional and unexplainable.

What you have may very well be something that can not be 100% identifiable. It gets the rest of us thinking and educates our eyes and minds. Thanks for posting this.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by UnitedSatesofFreemasons

Good shots bro..hang in there..chances are there will be more...

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by cranberrydork

And spikey.

Well thanks for taking a look at it.

Unfortunately when it comes to digital compression and programming I'm an audio guy. Had it been an edited audio file I would have been much more sure one way or the other and much more helpful.

In this case it would be good to have someone that''s much better with the knowings of how jpeg compression works both in software and in the camera to give their opinion. But it sounds like the consensus has pretty much been reached with the weather balloon idea lol.

[edit on 12-7-2009 by tinfoilman]

[edit on 12-7-2009 by tinfoilman]

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
please dont follow the ufo idea guys i did it for years its bad news, these guys are all over egyptian culture, these are the gods they were worshiping trust me I know. nothing done in secret is ever good my friends

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Why is there a square around the object? I got a different picture I took and zoomed up just as close and there isn't any square. I equalized both and turned the brightness down.

This is caused by the camera you say?

Anyway, take a look.

Of course, I guess it could be caused by the pixels in which the camera was set at.

Just looks weird is all. What was the camera set at? 3 mega pixels? Mine was at 5 mega pixels, so I guess that would be the reason there is a square around the object, because of the lower pixels. Right?

I'm just guessing here and looking for a confirmation to my guess.

[edit on 12-7-2009 by Whiteone]

[edit on 12-7-2009 by Whiteone]

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by spikey

i agree with you spikey, i think the member is to quick to the draw some of the time. i just hope that it doesn't keep others from giving their observations!

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Whiteone

Well I don't know. I've gotten squares just like that from photo shopping stuff, but I've also went out with my camera and took pictures of something that wasn't fake and got the exact same thing.

In fact, if I have time tomorrow I'm pretty confident I could go out with my camera and produce the same error without any photoshopping or faking. Just because the quality of one of my cameras. So, I can't call it a fake because my eyes aren't good enough anymore.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Nice photos!

I might have missed it already, but can you tell us in which direction... and possibly how slow or fast this bugger was moving?

Anyone up for doing a gif animation of said object?

Waits for the experts... as usual.

T-

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by spikey
reply to post by TheMythLives

Why do you come on this site mate?

All you ever seem to do is wait around until someone post something such as the OP has, then you jump on it with the bloody chinese lantern explaination!

Can't your mind fathom the possibility that it is indeed out of the ordinary, rather than clutching at whatever straw you feel MIGHT fit the bill?

You sir, are a disinfo 'groupie', either that or you are actually being paid by someone.

The simplest explaination if this sighting were to be taken on it's own would be along the lines of a RC toy, or something thrown in the air...

In the abcense of the other millions of photos, videos, expert witness testimony, official records, astronaut sightings, piliot sightings, radar tapes, drawings, missing pilots and so on, Occam's razor would apply to your offerrings of an explaination, however weak.

But there are the millions of other sightings, reports and so on, so in this case, with that in mind, Occam's razor dictates, that this is not as you so keenly proffer, a *!@*!? Chinese lantern (give me a F*!@**& break) or a carrier bag. As the simplest explaination is that it is NOT what you say.

Oh...your on the ignore list...and i'd recommend everyone else to check back along 'TheMythLives' previous posts, and see for yourselves what kind of mindset is involved in his/her postings. You will more than likely see what i mean when i say disinfo...

First off,

In regards to the OP I wanted to say its people like you that brings us that step closer in to actually getting a decent photo of a ufo in this instance it wasn't but your diligence in snapping what you thought was a UFO was just what each of us needs in order to get to the truth.

Well done and look forward to the next ones

Spikey, I know its frustrating when you come up against the disinfo crowds on this site but take a look at my threads in my profile and you will get a pretty good gist of what I am about. Once you have done that, look at my firends list I have added the TheMythLives because this member does alot for this site in regards to their approach on threads like this.

ATS needs members like MythLives so that we aren't all screaming UFO at each photo that is uploaded. Its all about denying ignorance.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Well it is certainly not a plane!

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I have a picture of what I think that is.
I'm going to post it and then reveal what it is.
When you see it then you will know it.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join