It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I thought I Saw a UFO 7-11-09 and I have Pictures(Images Defined)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by InterconnecteD

Hey, small world, man. I live in Hillsborough, haha.

But to the OP, congrats. Looks good. I wish I could see something like that!

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Where is DSC00449.jpg?

I'd like to see it.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by spikey
reply to post by TheMythLives

Why do you come on this site mate?

I'm sure 'myth' doesn't need me to 'have his back' so to speak, but I can't let this thing go without clearing up a couple of things for ya ...

TML is an excellent ATS member who often puts more work and research into his OPs that most of us do in an entire year. If you don't know, now you know.

All you ever seem to do is wait around until someone post something such as the OP has, then you jump on it with the bloody chinese lantern explaination!

If some believe they are seeing a weather ballon, a chinese lantern, or indeed a UFO, they are surely within their rights ... Or are you to be the adjudicator as to our thoughts and opinions? Surely if that is the case a discussion forum isn't the right venue for you.

Can't your mind fathom the possibility that it is indeed out of the ordinary, rather than clutching at whatever straw you feel MIGHT fit the bill?

Can't you fathom the possibility that all straws, be they of the intransigent skeptic or of the unreasoned believer, are just that ... straws.

You sir, are a disinfo 'groupie', either that or you are actually being paid by someone.

Waaay out of line, by attacking another member on a personal level, you only show your tenuous intellectual position and feeble grasp of your emotional self. Though you might find it ironic that I should counter your personal attack with one of my own, I assure you it is not. Just the observation of a fellow member, who has no horse in this race, but who has little tolerance for baseless accusations and insults directed at an undeserving fellow ATS member.

In the abcense of the other millions of photos, videos, expert witness testimony, official records, astronaut sightings, piliot sightings, radar tapes, drawings, missing pilots and so on, Occam's razor would apply to your offerrings of an explaination, however weak.

What does any of this have to do with this thread. Are you to vent your frustration out, at the fact that not everyone agrees with any or all of your viewpoints, on this very thread?

But there are the millions of other sightings, reports and so on, so in this case, with that in mind, Occam's razor dictates, that this is not as you so keenly proffer, a *!@*!? Chinese lantern (give me a F*!@**& break) or a carrier bag. As the simplest explaination is that it is NOT what you say.

You are pure class aren't you?

Oh...your on the ignore list...

I'm sure he'll be shattered when he learns of this devastating piece of news.

and i'd recommend everyone else to check back along 'TheMythLives' previous posts, and see for yourselves what kind of mindset is involved in his/her postings. You will more than likely see what i mean when i say disinfo...

Yeah, no ... recruiting to gang up on another member is against the T&C of ATS. As is censor circumvention, and personal attacks on other members. Congratulations on this rare one post trifecta..

Sheesh ... unreal!

reply to post by UnitedSatesofFreemasons

Excellent pictures and thank you for sharing them with us.

It does seem that in this case the resemblance to the posted weather ballon model is uncanny.
But ...
Whatever it was that you saw, well done on having the presence of mind to take the pics, very much appreciated.

[edit on 12 Jul 2009 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 04:18 AM
link   
well either way, i liked the pics!

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 04:27 AM
link   
These photos look fake for starters but if they aren't.... it just looks like a balloon or plastic bag as others have said.........

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 04:54 AM
link   
GOVERNMENT DRONES....They have technology you couldn't dream up..

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Sam60

I'll admit that i have not read through completely, but my previous post was in reply to the post from themythlives, so i'd read as far as the post i was answering.

I tend to answer each post that interests me as i read them, rather than reading the whole thread, and then going back and answering each individual post that holds an interest for me.

The posts are as they are...my answers are based on what was posted by an individual, when they posted, not what they say subsequently.

If when i get to a later post by the poster i'm answering, information has been updated or the poster has changed his/her position, then i'll deal with that if and when.

Does that make any sense at all?

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Wideawake08

I think you may be right.

They are government drones.

With reptilians in them.

And Billy Meier.

And some rods.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by spikey

I understand what you are saying.

However I think you will be better off if you try to see what has transpired in the thread before you start posting answers.

I know that can sometimes take a little while, but I believe it's definitely worth the effort.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Yeah, you're right you don't have to answer for him...but since you have...

Discussion as you quite rightly point out, is THE name of the game on ATS, however, flat out refusing to or being incapable of operating on a higher mental level, and flatly and consistently proclaiming any photo or video is a weather ballon, lantern or some such doesn't encourage discussion and debate, it stifles it...which is of course the goal of a disinfo freak.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Sam60

OK...bit hasty sometimes, i know...but i really have had a bellyfull of the 'It's a lantern' crowd.

Thanks for the tipoff Sam.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 05:48 AM
link   

"Though you might find it ironic that I should counter your personal attack with one of my own, I assure you it is not."

Actually, i don't.
Hypocritical - yes, ironic - no, expected - definitely.

As for personal attack...i call it as i see it. Or perhaps you would be happier if people did not have a geniune opinion, and we all followed the dogmatic reasoning that you and your 'pal' appear to follow.

Perhaps you both should follow your own advice and leave this, a CONSPIRACY forum, and frequent one that deals with weather balloons and paper lanterns, since you both seem obsessed with the things.

I have absolutely NO problem with anyone that has an apparently GENUINE opinion that what they are seeing is a pancake being thrown, a frisbee, a car wheel hub, a temperature inversion or, dare i say it, a paper lantern.
The operative word being geniune..which in my OPINION, is not the case with those that repeatedly offer up the same explanations for multiple cases and photos/videos, from multiple sources, time and again.

It makes NO difference to me if he or you are bothered or otherwise, by being on an ignore list. It was meant to inform, not chastise. Although, i'm not suprised a juvinile attitude was forthcoming from you.

BTW, leave possible T&C infringements to the moderators. If they feel it's warranted, i'll hear from them themselves i expect. Unless of course you feel they are not doing their jobs properly and you could do better...why not tell them you think they are incompetent and that you think they need help from you?

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by spikey

Kudos to that.. A lot of what he said may have been deserved and correct..but.. It was delivered from a pedestal... a high on up pedestal..

Oh wise dog of Schrodinger thank you for setting him straight.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sam60
reply to post by spikey

You'd be a genius.

What if those balloons haven't reached "stratospheric height"?

What do you think they do.....fire them out of a cannon?

Funny.

Erm...the OP did say (correct me if i'm wrong) that it was NOT moving.

Don't these things shoot up when released?

How can it be stationary and heading towards the upper atmosphere at the same time?

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by thedonjuan

Thanks mate.

Second line.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by spikey

I just can't see how it could have been standing still.

Perhaps it just looked that way as it moved upward, with the glare from the sun making it difficult to see that it was getting "smaller" as it was rising higher.

I really think the evidence for it being a balloon is compelling.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Sam60

Hey sure, it could be a balloon.
Although the OP says he was watching it for 4 or 5 minutes before he too the snaps.

Watching it for that length of time, i would have thought he would have noticed if it was moving away from him or not.

Anything is possible though...and yeah, of course it could be mudane, everyday stuff...but it may not be.

My hackles are raised when someone posts (and it's usually the same people posting) IT IS A such and such, and IT IS NOT A such and such, before even the 'ink' has dried on the OP's post!

It would be a different story if they added a modifier and said "I THINK...or IMO, but instead of a judgement they make a statement, which EVEN if it ultimately turns out to actually be a balloon or whatever, is just the wrong way to approach these posts.
The fact is they DON'T know what they are seeing, they only think do, until it has been proven one way or another - it always HAS to be a judgement, and not a statement as 'they' maintain.

Thanks again for the heads up Sam.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by TeslaandLyne
What makes it black out the photo like that.
Its either a black dot or and bright ball.
Electrically messing up the electric part of light.

it's called a shadow

[edit on 12-7-2009 by JScytale]

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by spikey

Yeah, you're right you don't have to answer for him...but since you have...

Discussion as you quite rightly point out, is THE name of the game on ATS, however, flat out refusing to or being incapable of operating on a higher mental level, and flatly and consistently proclaiming any photo or video is a weather ballon, lantern or some such doesn't encourage discussion and debate, it stifles it...which is of course the goal of a disinfo freak.

Read the thread.

It's already been proved to be a balloon. Sit back down.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by KIRKSTERUK

Not all the thread.

If you had, you would see why i'm arguing the toss.

See two 3 posts up.

It not about WHAT is is or isn't, it's about what THEY say it is or isn't that gets me. I'm not going to type it all out again, as i say, read my post above, and you'll see why i'm foaming at the mouth (sort of).

Apologies to the OP, i haven't thanked you yet for posting the photo's and report, so...Thanks a lot.

[edit on 12/7/2009 by spikey]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join