It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if there is No God? At all!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 02:08 AM
link   
I really need to start posting my threads at times with the most ats users online.

I need more opinions.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 02:09 AM
link   
i dont belive in god and im not saying it dont exist ,because im alive, so i dont know if it exist or not, ill see it the day i die

Animals dont build temples for any gods,they dont need to beleive in god to help each others.

Us , Humans are advanced sentient animals , we need a superior figure to blame the pain of the world and make us feel better about a (possible) end of that pain (death and heaven)and to make it valuable and look heavenly , only the most devoted can be rewarded by gaining access

[edit on 11-7-2009 by OTTOKARMA]

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08
I need more opinions.

I think you dress weird and smell funny.

I think we already know the answer to this question. Just ask atheists. Most are good law abiding people.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by OTTOKARMA
i dont belive in god and im not saying it dont exist ,because im alive, so i dont know if it exist or not, ill see it the day i die

Well you'll see it when you die, would be an agnostic statement.

It's more or less a guessing game in that way.

If you wait till your death to find out if it's real or not, then you've lost either way.

We can only search for truth, I think the answer we get from the "real" origins of earth will prove so astounding, it will pour happiness and suicide on everyone who learns it.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Yes, we are, but i'm not smelly, but I dress funny, alittle, holes in pants is still cool right?

I'd like to get the real serious Bible Thumpers and such onto this thread, to see them experience a paradigm shift of thinking momentarily. If anyone wants, please post this thread to a Thumper of Quran or etc, to one, i'd love, and i'm sure they'd love to post their feelings, and insight on here.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 02:14 AM
link   

f you wait till your death to find out if it's real or not, then you've lost either way.

in all honesty i dont even lose or win

i just dont play the game, i have more things to do alive than dead

We can only search for truth

what are you calling truth ?

truth is a very subjectiv matter

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

Oh Shoot, this thread is now lost upon all the others.

Well I gave it a good go, and have alot of time to evaluate what those who have answered, have said.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by OTTOKARMA

The game is simply this, if you lose you either

A) Go to hell for all of eternity.

B) Do nothing and suspend your races quest for the origins of itself in the universe.

or If you win

A) You go to heaven

B) You help your race by getting closer to the answer of origins for the next furhter down generations.

Truth, I believe is the answer we all want.

Where did we come from?
Why are we here?
What happens when I die?

All could be answered simply by atheists and theists, but none with undoubted proof.

It's why I posted this thread, to see what if a minority was right, and exactly prooveable without a doubt, how would the reaction be!

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Truth, I believe is the answer we all want. Where did we come from? Why are we here? What happens when I die?

1/we come from the evolution cycle (proved to being right instead of being created by god or anythings)

2/Why "why?" and not "lets try to stop asking for why we're here " and live our lives"?

3/ when i die i return into the ground, nourishings the worms, recreacting life
if its about soul, lets say, we will see

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by OTTOKARMA

Truth, I believe is the answer we all want. Where did we come from? Why are we here? What happens when I die?

1/we come from the evolution cycle (proved to being right instead of being created by god or anythings)

2/Why "why?" and not "lets try to stop asking for why we're here " and live our lives"?

3/ when i die i return into the ground, nourishings the worms, recreacting life
if its about soul, lets say, we will see

So far, I've done absolutely nothing to help the human race as a whole, and I feel a deep depression, and I know it's because of the stated above.

When you die and go back into the atoms which will, plague/bless another human by becoming merely one atom in their liver or heart, do you not wish to have accomplished something? In the life, you stumbled upon.

If it's about a soul, you go to heaven or hell, or become a earthworm.

Either way, you're at a loss in religion, you better pick one, and hope it's the right one, because 99% of the other ones, believe you're going to hell! or wherever.

Living our lives, is simply wasting it away, using our lives for it's seemingly only purpose is to reproduce and enhance our knowledge asa whole, it is our purpose, that I am fine with.

Those who wish to experience it in, I believe god will call me up to heaven soon, and you all will burn and bleed to death ahahha, is sickening, because they miss out, on the (seemingly only) purpose that we have.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 03:17 AM
link   

do you not wish to have accomplished something?

It seem to me i accomplished lot of things, thank you kind Sir.

Living our lives, is simply wasting it away, using our lives for it's seemingly only purpose is to reproduce and enhance our knowledge asa whole, it is our purpose, that I am fine with.

I live only for the purpose of living,its complicated enought

Either way, you're at a loss in religion, you better pick one, and hope it's the right one, because 99% of the other ones, believe you're going to hell! or wherever.

What is a good religion, for you ?

Those who wish to experience it in, I believe god will call me up to heaven soon, and you all will burn and bleed to death ahahha

So far, I've done absolutely nothing to help the human race

Seem a bit contradictory to me, all gonna bleed to death and at the same tim you feel depressed for not being able to help them ?

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Well, as i live in a church house it would sort of effect me. First off i would become homeless but the biggest problem i would have is, WHO has been answering my prayers for all these years.

I don't mean prayers that were answered that could just be a coincidence. I'm talking of things like Prophetic words, healing, words of knowlege and many other things that can not just be explained away.

My head hurts just thinking about it

I will get a lie in on Sundays though

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 04:17 AM
link   

1) Do you think you're day to day life would change.

No.

2) Would you change your behaviour.

No, I do what I understand to be right. It doesn't matter at all to me if when I die nothing happened. What is right is right, and what is wrong is wrong.

3) Would you be harsher to people.

No, I'm brutally honest as it is.

4) Would you strive harder in life, knowing your legacy is all there is?

No, screw some stupid legacy.

5) Would anything change, would you continue on praying, knowing 100% in your heart you're praying to nothing, but your own imagination.

No, I don't really pray anyway. I figure prayer is for the comfort of the person anyway, as an all knowing father would already know what you need and what you don't. Besides which, the true riches of the father is understanding, wisdom and knowledge. Not winning lottery tickets.

What would you're life be like, if Atheism won, There is No God, at all in the universe.

That would be impossible, as I already know I exist. Even if we assume atheists are right, it doesn't change things at all. It's not like people really do much more than use god as an excuse for more things anyway.

Tell me, what do you really think would be different? I'll tell you, nothing. Religion is simply a scapegoat and symptom of a larger problem - acceptance rather than understanding. Which the bible talks about over and over.

Take it seriously and think about it, think about the thought of being upset that you were lied to, think about how you're life has been effected by the lies, think about how you would change you're future, better yet, you're childrens future.

*This may be disturbin to some I know to think about, and some may even insist i'm the devil :p . I'm not only respond to this thread if you've seriously given it some thought.*

It doesn't bother me. All the things you mention are completely meaningless to me.

What you fail to realize is it doesn't matter what people believe. At ALL. Because both sides are basing things not on what they understand, but they instead accept what the church and usually the worse examples they can find(for atheists, opposite for "believers") as being the authority on the subject of god. As such, both are actually just 2 sides to the same coin, and both sides have actually accepted what people say.

If I say the sky is yellow and 1 person agrees with me, and the other person says - you're nuts I don't see anything that's yellow, the sky doesn't exist. Either way, it doesn't really matter which side you believe, because you have accepted that what I said is the authority of the sky, and have not acted out of understanding.

Atheists and Believers = same thing. And each side plays the evil for the other, and both are too foolish and blind to notice the true deception going on.

Personally, I long for a day when the things I say are pretty dang obvious to everyone and the world lives based on understanding, rather than acceptance.

Christian church is all about acceptance, and not understanding. It's the religion Jesus warns about, it is not holy. There are of course exceptions, can't be that general, but it is true of what peoples common perceptions of "christians" is.

Proverbs 9

10The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding.

Psalm 111

10The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: a good understanding have all they that do his commandments: his praise endureth for ever.

Psalm 82

2How long will ye judge unjustly, and accept the persons of the wicked? Selah.

5They know not, neither will they understand; they walk on in darkness: all the foundations of the earth are out of course.

You can listen and read the word of the bible, but can you see and hear it?

Matthew 13

9Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.

10And the disciples came, and said unto him, Why speakest thou unto them in parables?

11He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.

12For whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance: but whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that he hath.

13Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand.

Let me ask you this, what would the world be like if everyone understood and acted like Jesus? Not some church being in charge and such, but people actually understanding and living as he did. Where he is not the exception, but the norm.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Well if it isnt obvious enough there is literally no way to prove there isnt a god. And I would be suspicious of anyone trying to prove the unprovable. I think it is pretty insane to say 'there is positively no god' when you can not have negative evidence.

A better question would be what if your VIEW suddenly changed, well no I dont believe anything would be different, I would still say thing like 'oh my god' because it is a common phrase now, I would still think nothing is coincidental, I would still think the Bible has much wisdom and use in it.
I wouldnt rob somebody because I know it has no consequence, but I think I would prepare to be robbed

I dunno I tend to think these threads are by atheists who like to argue with Christians... but maybe you are genuinely interested and in that case, hope that helps!

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 05:57 AM
link   
If there is no God? At all?!!!

Well, in my opinion, there would be no creation. Answers that question.

[edit on 11-7-2009 by Water-tastes-good]

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 06:36 AM
link   
If all of humanity decided to not believe in god. I believe we would replace God with Science in a massive way. All the sudden scientist would have plenty of funding to research life extension. We would learn how to slow aging down.

We already know it is possible to do this just not to what extent. Many wars would end as people realized when they die they are worm dirt and not going to heaven or getting a bunch of virgins.

When people realize that life is important and our only chance in time to enjoy what we are we will treat each other better, we will want to live longer and learn more about the universe around us.

It is my belief that we continue to believe in god for fear of death and the after life.

If people knew for a fact that death is the end we would indeed attempt to learn immortality. We would seek to become gods in order to escape the end.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 06:55 AM
link   
If there were no God, I would be able to justify all my bad behavior just like everyone else does. People who don't believe in Jesus say "I'm a good person!" and then in the same day tell me how they installed some software that they copied from somebody else, downloaded some copyrighted music without paying for it, got themselves cheap satellite service for their TV through an illegal source, and on, and on, and on. What makes me different is that I recognize my sin, try to serve God rather than myself, and don't ever consider myself a good person. I LIKE myself, but I don't lie to myself. 'Everyone else is doing it' or 'Bill Gates has lots of money, so he doesn't need mine' just doesn't cut it!

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by novacs4me

Agreed. I recognized that as well. Many people call themselves "Good People" because they don't do certain things. What things don't you do that make you consider yourself to be a good person? In my opinion, you can't put a price tag on sin. Truth is, no one is blameless regardless what you believe. Stop pointing the finger guys. It's not polite.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   
First off there is NO proof there is a current god. God is just an illusion of the mind.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Autowrench: Pick one and Hope it's the right one? I am sure you have made the right choice, friend? The truth is, and it is a subjective truth, not one of the many religions has it absolutely right....not one has the entire story to read, and to make intelligent decisions from. The Bible/Koran and other religious tests are like Reader's Digest condensed books, the story is there, but parts of it are missing. There is a place in the world where all of this information is; but I haven't the slightest idea where it may be found. I believe the Templars knew the truth, at least about the Christian God. and don't forget, the Templars are the one who drove the Muslims from the Holy City in the first place. There also has to be a good reason why France wanted them all dead.

I am prone to think we will see and end to religion as it is right now. You see, that which you call "GOD" is not like you think it is, it is not an old man out there sitting in Heaven waiting for all good Christians to come home. I know many good Christians believe this is so, and they also believe Jesus, their made up God, is coming to save them all. Few have realized that they worship an idol and belong to a cult. And what about the Taliban? Devout Muslim, they are, they will die to please Allah, and they, like the Christians, believe that only their book is the whole truth and nothing but the truth. Do they, Christian and Muslim, realize they are brothers, and citizens of the same planet? We all need to think about this, and think hard, and decide just why it is we believe what we are told in church and believe nothing else. America will never have a State Religion, be it Christian or Muslim, and even though Britain is quickly becoming Muslim, it cannot be allowed to happen here. It makes to difference what religion you are, friend, or whether or not you belong to a church. Your Judge is yourself, not Moses, or Abraham, or even Saint Peter. If your God divinely inspired the Holy Bible, then it stands to intelligent reason God also inspired other books too. It is also time for you Christians to research your faith, and take a good look at history...see the hero's of the Bible as they really were, before everything and everyone was "churched up." Before you get any ideas, I once belonged to a Christian sect, and my brother is a minister in that sect. Once the "knowing" is instilled in a person, the person tends to move away from that which traps him/her. Religion is Mind Control, nothing more or less.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join