It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why don't psychics do something?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I am sure the question has been asked before.

If you are psychic why are you not rich? "Money is not everything" Yeah yeah heard that, but money allows you the freedom to continue your internal journey. I'd think the first thing a precog would do is win the lottery.

Your altruistic you say? Why aren't psychics in the hospital helping triage people? Pointing out what sort of cancer a patient has?

Where are my psychics on wall street helping the economy for the good of mankind?

So you have these powers that you can't prove and we can't measure scientifically. I'll be willing to buy that if you just do something to help people with it. Supposedly enlightened yet all I hear from you is how we can all be enlightened too if we just listen to your advice; and maybe send in $39.95.

If any of you out there truly have some sort of supernatural power please explain to me why you refuse to use it to DO anything.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   
For many people it doesnt work like that. Unfortunately self proclaimed psychics are :

1.) frauds
2.) they may not have control over their abilities.
3.) hidden

I suggest you look up some real ones, they do exist. ( or did )

and

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Truely supernatural powers/events are so dangerous/scary/freaky that most sensible people wouldn't try it.

The others are just good "people readers" and con artists.

I know this because Madam Phlemky told me and it only cost me 500.00 bucks.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by phi1618

I think you may be getting a little confused between people who claim to be psychics and people who claim to have telekinetic powers.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Sadly I am aware that most psychics are frauds. But for some reason I keep hoping that they all aren't. There are too many studies of the brain showing interesting activity to make me think that abilities we see as paranormal are not possible.

I don't expect people to reply saying "Well I don't help people because I am a fake" But I am hoping that through the various answers maybe I can catch a glimpse of why folk with some sort of true talent choose not to use it.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by VitalOverdose
reply to post by phi1618

I think you may be getting a little confused between people who claim to be psychics and people who claim to have telekinetic powers.

Nah i didnt, the reason i posted those videos was to simple show that it was possible t do things that defy explanation.

to add, in my mind the two go hand in hand.

for example dont you think she is manipulating peoples minds in order to be able to stop hearts?

[edit on 10-7-2009 by phi1618]

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   
.... because its just not practical, ... even some of the strongest psychics can barely move a pencil across a table...... when it would be so much easier just to pick it up.

... to cause a noticeable effect, .... takes much time and effort, ..... and what is the will of a few psychics when so many seek to keep things the same, by action, or inaction.

... like I aaid, ... much time and effort, ... a tremendous amount of energy over a long period of time. So usually a psychic must take a strong personal interest in what they seek to accomplish ..... I hate to say it, ... but I guess it just boils down to ....... What stock have I, in you ?

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   
it would be very interesting and downright awesome i think to meet an actual "psychic"...but i mean how can you tell today in such a broken society? i mean if another jesus christ (if that is actually true) came about today, who would believe him?

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I have seen quite a few mediums in my 23 years on this planet,it even runs in our family allthough im too young to have known the last one in our family as she has passed on but i will say of all the ones ive paid to see only one was spot on and told me things she could not possibly know and predicted some events which did happen and i make a habit of not giving anything away and staying as still as possible to prevent cold reading,so in my opinion there are a hell of a lot of frauds out there but i believe there are very real psychics also.

I would add aswell that a spiritualist church is a good place to go as you dont pay anything and my mum has had some amazing messages in these gatherings.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by IntastellaBurst

So you are saying that I am not worth your time, nor others supposedly? I guess I thought that the majority of psychics were somehow altruistic. Never thought that those with any real abilities might just be selfish.

Not that I am implying you are psychic just responding to your reasoning on a general level.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by valiant

That is sort of my point. Mediums. Blah! If I could see a short way in to the future I'd play cards or video poker and be rich. If I could tell things about people like where they have been and what they have done I'd work with the FBI profilers and write books with interesting tidbits about history that we never knew before. Anything but work some carnival side show. All of those folk pretty much have to be frauds.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Histopherness

OK. To my knowledge for the year 2007-2008 I am the highest "tipped" psychic in the west. Some of the people you see on TV know who I am although I have never met them.

Believe it, don't believe it.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by phi1618

Its hard to tell if it is real from just film footage. Millions of people have seen Uri Geller bend spoons but not many think its real.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   
In college I had a girlfriend who was a practicing witch Siax (sp?) wicca. Something along those lines.

She once gave me a deck of tarot cards and taught me how to read them.

In my dorm room one night, was giving a reading to a friend. Major Arcana, nothing detailed. After the reading, I was putting the cards away when I noticed that there were two cards in the box that I had failed to get out prior to the reading.

They were two of the cards that I had 'dealt' and discussed during the reading. Panicked, I looked at the deck in my hand but could not find the cards that I had just read.

They were the ones in the box.

That was the last time I ever fooled with ANYTHING remotely supernatural.

I also downed a very large bottle of scotch with my friend who was as freaked out as I was.

I gave the cards back to my girlfriend the next day, and all she did, after I told her, was smirk, and say, "told ya so".

I don't do home dentistry, home brain surgery, or home nuclear weapon disarming. Just as dangerous is home "supernatural" stuff.

If it's real, I keep it to the professionals.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by VitalOverdose

I can bend a spoon, old magician trick. Fatigue the metal beforehand, the heat from rubbing it should allow the spoon to bend quite a bit before it breaks. I can also make a burnt match appear back in a matchbook and restore a cut rope oh and tie a nifty knot in a rope one handed. I'd only call those things paranormal if someone was actually foolish enough to pay me for it

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   
PSI abilities are not very reliable. While many of us have flashes of insight or feelings which turn out to be right it is not something you can count on for the most part.

I for instance am very telepathic with people I know and love but can hardly tell you a thing about anyone else. Mainly because I have to tune out all the crap I pick up so I ignore it routinely. I am also sensitive to danger. I have saved myself and others many times be listening to that little voice telling me something is wrong.

I also have used it to help treat problems that those I care about have encountered. My good friend of nearly 2 decades for instance had a very troubling skin lesion which appeared cancerous. It used to be a mole on his chest but was growing at an alarming rate and becoming discolored.

He like me had no insurance and no money at the time and really could not afford a doctor. I used my intuition and worked up a formula for him to apply to the area. In about 10 days with 2 or 3 applications a day the whole thing just fell off like a dried out scab. We told a few people about it made more of the formula and so far 4 people who had small suspected skin cancers have used this formula and been treated with success.

I would not try and patent it or sell this since I used my intuition to figure out this formula. What would I say if I tried to patent such a thing, that I had vision that it would work? There is sometimes no way to use your abilities in any other way but to help others. To try and use them for your own personal gain can land you in trouble or even jail or death.

It might seem like you should be rich if you have these abilities but it rarely works out that way for the truly gifted. The frauds typically make a lot of money from their fraudulent efforts but rarely those with true gifts of the spirit.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   
There is a very simple reason why if you had any extra sensory perceprtions or other pis types of abilities and they were real no one would ever know.

You wouldn't tell or show anyone.

If you did you be descended upon and most likely snatched away, killed, who knows burned at the stake forced into a secret military program...

But if you could read minds, or turn invisible or anything else...

Yes exactly so long as you kept your mouth shut about it you'd enjoy a very nice life...

with the exception of mind readers...

Mind readers would have to live knowing what people were really thing and... they'd drop out of society, knowing what people really are thinking would most often be incredibly painful and disturbing, you'd end up insane or hiding in the woods somewhere or maybe a very rotten person... but it wouldn't be an ability i'd want that's for sure.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by mikerussellus

Played with Tarot a bit myself. Supernatural? I don't think so but maybe. Probably just a way to focus your own perceptions. Like I know when someone is telling the truth (in person) and can often tell what they are hiding and not saying to me. Is it supernatural? Probably not. I didn't know any of it before they started speaking. Just picking up subtle clues in body language tone of voice etc.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by UFOTECH

Care to share the formula for the mole?

Just curious.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Histopherness

"Where are my psychics on wall street helping the economy for the good of mankind?"

Why don't you think someone is helping you, or all of us? I thought we were all toast on 2005, maybe the time that has past was a gift.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join