It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why don't psychics do something?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Thank you all for your replies. I asked the question out of true curiosity and I am happy to see that I don't really have anyone here trying to debunk psychic as that was not the point of the thread.

I believe a plausible answer is forming. That there ARE psychics doing things and that we don't see more out of them because we don't really know how to put such abilities to the more mundane everyday problems. That seems to be one possible explanation.

I guess my original question still stands though, just revised. If people do not know how to put your abilities to use yet why don't you do something? There are groups and movements for everything under the sun. Groups to protect psychics and study how best to use their abilities; or should I say OUR abilities if we can indeed all open up to these abilities. How come the only people helping unlock these abilities are tied up in mystical mumbo jumbo pretty much ensuring that the public will never except them?

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by jeasahtheseer

In my opionon all the people who brag about being psychic and think they can tell the future are lieing.
That would include me then.
1) I simply replied to the OP to explain that, tho I'm trying to get better, its very random & so far unspectacular, thus I cant do anything that would make anyone take notice. How is that bragging? Would you call a person with a facility for maths, who said they couldn't work out cube roots in their head, a braggart?
2) Why would I lie? I'm not asking for anything, just answering a question from my own experience. Perhaps you think I'm trawling ATS for disciples or something? Wouldn't be a good way to start, by saying I'm crap. Considering how the majority of responses to threads such as this are sceptical, I'd be much better on a different board, if that were my aim, eh?

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bunken Drum

In my opionon all the people who brag about being psychic and think they can tell the future are lieing.
That would include me then.
1) I simply replied to the OP to explain that, tho I'm trying to get better, its very random & so far unspectacular, thus I cant do anything that would make anyone take notice. How is that bragging? Would you call a person with a facility for maths, who said they couldn't work out cube roots in their head, a braggart?
2) Why would I lie? I'm not asking for anything, just answering a question from my own experience. Perhaps you think I'm trawling ATS for disciples or something? Wouldn't be a good way to start, by saying I'm crap. Considering how the majority of responses to threads such as this are sceptical, I'd be much better on a different board, if that were my aim, eh?

I wasn't really talking about you. I was talking about the type of people who go around advertising that they are psychic and sell their abilities. I don't think thats right. I'm talking about these psychics who have shops and stuff like that.

Those people just come off as frauds to me and they seem to be selling lies to people.

Like I said I think everyone has some psychic ability, and some more powerful than others. But I don't think there is any one on this planet who can fully harness the ability.

I think most psychics just get random "vision" or whatever you want to call it. And thats basically what you said, you get dreams and stuff like that. I think people who experience that stuff are the REAL psychics.

The people who act like they can just use their ability at will I don't think are real.

[edit on 11-7-2009 by jeasahtheseer]

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Well ok, but like I said, I have had a little success in trying to make the right sort of dream happen. I think that if someone had a stronger ability &/or got into training it/ being taught from a young age, they might very well be able to do stuff pretty much whenever the vibe isn't too offputting.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Bunken Drum

Not psychic, but if I were to practice I'd start by trying to view things, or dream things, and then check to see if I were right. Not looking to see how often I am right but looking to recognize the feeling of being right. Again I am not psychic in anyway, but IF I were that is how I would practice to learn to control it.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Most phycics that are REAL aren't going to tell you, or anyone else......

They are just going to be guided by what they should....don't want anyone else to know etc.....

especially for reasons LIKE the OP...... it's not supposed to be about MONEY....

Also....sometimes there is fear about what is said is being CAUSED by uttering the words, more than actually SEEING the future...more like CAUSERS than seers mabey???? If that makes sense.....too much responsibility...want to supress it etc...

JMHO...

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   
When I first began 'getting information'- I tried to apply it to myself. After all, it was in MY head and MY 'thoughts or feelings'. It made me incredibly self focused and confused.

So, frustrated, I tried to suppress it- and spent a lot of time diverting myself with appearance, healthy food, exercise and meditation. From that point on- the information really just flooded in.

It was only after I stopped trying to apply everything to ME personally, that I began to see the 'big picture'.

I spend several hours a day thinking- just seriously focused thinking- (yea, autistic, I know)- but in those hours I receive some of the most brilliant concepts that simply do not fit into my background or realm of knowledge.

Within a few days- weeks or months- I can go online and see the scientific community articles where these things are actually being tested, considered or are ready for application in the world community.

The problem for me is the concept 'teach a man to fish and he eats for a lifetime- give a man a fish and he eats for a day'. Everything the current psychics claim to do- is at best a minimum cure for today- leading to a new problem tomorrow.

I gain confidence every time one of the 'weird' 'crazy' concepts I have shared with my group gets published in a science journal. I say the 'what' and science provides the 'how'. That is useful- if I manage to get a step ahead of what they're currently working on.

Just FYI- in February- I began noting the information that some people were controlled or led by parasites in their brain. It was really bizarre- and I think I tripped out my group. This week, science provided the how-

seedmagazine.com...

Not profitable or even applicable- yet- but I'm still learning how to interpret most of this information.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   
I've read a few books / see a few television shows about psychics and from what i've learned its near impossible to predict certain things like lottery numbers or stock markets. it seemed to me like they described it as more of a sensation or feeling. I'm not to edumacated on the subject though so that's just what im deduced from what i've heard.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Histopherness
reply to post by IntastellaBurst

So you are saying that I am not worth your time, nor others supposedly? I guess I thought that the majority of psychics were somehow altruistic. Never thought that those with any real abilities might just be selfish.

So lets suppose that you were a builder of considerable talent. Would you go around building free lavish mansions for all the people out there who would rather live in a mansion instead of a trailer park? I don't think so. Just my opinion, but why should anyone give their talents for free just because everyone else wants to have a better life? Why should psychics be the ones to give freely when they have to pay for everything in life just like anyone else? Just my opinion.
Cheers.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dragon33

reply to post by IntastellaBurst

So you are saying that I am not worth your time, nor others supposedly? I guess I thought that the majority of psychics were somehow altruistic. Never thought that those with any real abilities might just be selfish.

So lets suppose that you were a builder of considerable talent. Would you go around building free lavish mansions for all the people out there who would rather live in a mansion instead of a trailer park? I don't think so. Just my opinion, but why should anyone give their talents for free just because everyone else wants to have a better life? Why should psychics be the ones to give freely when they have to pay for everything in life just like anyone else? Just my opinion.
Cheers.

Because lots of psychics say they have these abilities and there isnt really any way to prove it. Architects and builders and people like that can PROVE they have a talent. I don't really know what a psychic could do to prove they have some ability (except tell something about the person that no one else would know, but I've never seen a psychic do this up to this point, and i've tested quite a few "psychics" and found them all out to be frauds) I have literally set up a few psychics with questions just so I could trick them and prove that they are frauds. I'm the modern day houdini. lol

[edit on 12-7-2009 by jeasahtheseer]

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Histopherness

An interesting fact is that we are all capable of phsychic abilities.

We have just ignored these abilities.

Do not trust a so-called physic, they are charlatans.

Hey, let us enable our physhcic abilities!

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 03:57 AM
link   

That's sort of what I do, although "the feeling" was there right from the beginning. Its the same inner state whether having a premonition awake or immediately waking from the right kind of dream. Stuff seems more significant & I just know. Lol! I'm trying to convey some info & I'm not doing a good job!
But yeah, its that feeling I'm looking for when I try to prepare myself on purpose. Trouble is I rarely get more than a few moments worth of vision in a dream so its hardly worth writing much of it down. I do some tho, so I know that the feeling relates to a real phenomena. Awake tho, all I get is the feeling & some thoughts pop into my head, usually that I shouldn't proceed with what I'm about to do. Sometimes tho I'll get an idea to do something. Oh dear, sounds like "voices told me to do it" eh? Its not like voices... But yeah, following those thoughts has been good for me & also led me to be able to help situations with others.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by phi1618

I recall seeing how this fooled many scientist with a simple trick. There is a very fine string tied in a loop, that is around her thumbs. That's how she can move objects under the box as well. Its a rather basic magic trick, and when she is done she'd unroll the string and discard it on her lap or floor and retrieve it later.

I've read into the socalled psi phenomenon also hoping to find something, anything that would suggest this isn't a science filled with fraud. Anyone with something more up to date post up i'd love to research.

[edit on 12-7-2009 by digitaldamage]

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 06:33 AM
link   

How come the only people helping unlock these abilities are tied up in mystical mumbo jumbo pretty much ensuring that the public will never except them?

The Mumbo-jumbo is from the new age Industry, which has travelled the same road generally as every other human endeavour.. towards Money and Power. I did say generally, as some of us seek a newer, simpler direction for humanity's growth.

It is Indoctrination that makes most people refuse acceptance of our reality. That is ever so slowly changing, and can only improve as more people begin to have their own extra-ordinary experiences outside of the Box.

Until then a few voices will call clearly from the edges of the New-age industry and hope to swing it back in favour of real growth and not contrived nor controlled programs designed to make money from little of real value.

About Mediums....

People come to a medium seeking some kind of understanding which provides closure. For me, each case is different and requires an open and honest approach. Finding the newly dead is a simple thing to do if they are not already present and waiting to communicate, as many do.

With this work we only seek to bridge the worlds so two people can lovingly finalize what was left unsaid and done in their relationship... in such a way that the great sadness is no longer such an inredible burden.

[edit on 12-7-2009 by Tayesin]

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I've been neighbors with this guy for 2 years now, taking to him every day about such things and only now does he show me what he can really do. He's a pretty messed up old man and I try to motivate his disgruntled self
.. But I'm just saying I don't equate psychic intuition to "being more evolved".. or at least in a broad sense, maybe in one direction or the other. I see lots of psychics that look to have a real talent but they might be very petty people. My guess is if all these metaphysical implications of re-incarnation are true, then perhaps we choose these experiences, to have this ability to learn a certain lesson... for example..some scammer psychic could want to learn the lesson of abusing power, manipulation or if they are complete fakes, then lieing etc..

But anyways, I don't want to get off topic.. my neighbor demonstrated to me that he was able to probe into some things in my life in detail, which I was surprised made me quite insecure, i felt exposed! I meditate daily and discuss philosophy and it made me uncomfortable so I just imagine others who are totally closed off to the idea.

But yeah, I wouldn't consider my neighbor to be the wisest person I know is I guess the point i'm trying to make, and that other intuitives I could see being the same.

If these abilities got more developed in me I actually would like to do something with it, not like open a shop downtown.. work with universities and stuff, but ultimately it comes down to where my interest or preferred direction is, such as artistic creativity. So call me selfish but I have my own way I'd like to live and I suspect more intuitive people are the same. I have no doubt that one day I might be more open and reach out to more people.

I had to star what the member said about the pencil.. yes, so much time and energy to get a result and its a matter of interest, for perhaps a multitude of sublte reasons, such as mindset affecting the results.

But more then that.. it is simply much easier to pick up a pencil, so why try to move it with your mind? EGO?? To feel powerful, so people think you're so great and this petty feedback makes you feel.. happy? I look at pleasing ones ego as almost primal, like the way we draw out our ego in anger for that release..we just love to scratch that ITCH to feel right.. Can you even be right? How do you know, human?

Ok i'm diverting a little here, the head's still foggy.

So the point I was trying to make is "why bother moving the pencil with your mind?"

well... if you have observed subtle things, perhaps how an intention has put you in the right place at the right time to get something you wanted, or run into a friend on the street you were thinking about... and you think... There could be something profound here, others need to see this!...

So we'll say 'you' or some forces backing your every thought moves a pencil about 1cm across the table for others to observe... and you ask.. what's the point? The point is that things aren't as they seem! It's not about how well you can do it,.. to feel just.. "damn special".. the point is "LOOK, something strange happened!" Raising awareness, evolution of the knowledge of the species dammit.

But again, its tricky introducing these things.. some people might want attention and get lost in trying to entertain and c'mon guys.. I've had first hand experience of things but I am not oblivious to how scammy some things look. But some who are serious might simply not have enough inner strength to deal with the critics who can often in their own point, or own insecurity, lash out at them. I'm not unaware of how it might appear if I make a low quality vid of "TK" and post it on youtube or something, but hell..sometimes I just don't feel like checking my mail / replies and being attacked and insulted! It can be hard to detach oneself from that feedback, or rather, its effect we ALLOW.

Hell, it took me months to make a thread on ATS because I didn't feel strong enough to take the beatings of the members for stating an opinion!..
I'm not bitching, just stating that I feel such people might not feel strong enough to face the crowd.

It comes down to motivations, where one's intention lies. You on ATS know that you post something people might not agree with because you feel if it's valueable at all, you'd like to share it! Knowledge should be shared, unity is my intention, I let it go when people lash out against what I think, but it just enforces the thought that things on this planet are so SCREWED up and everything is backwards, confusion, fear, sensitivity, breeding conflict etc etc.. and you just want it to end!!

AHH rant... I could keep going and I feel like it but I don't want to get way out there.

Everyone has their motivations, and insecurities as well, they have to be willing to go through some abuse to use what they have. They have to really want to do that.

Many people just want to live a chill life man.. happy everyday.. Would you like people lashing out at you and studying you all the time? Some people might, others may not.

I gotta tell you just making threads on this site alone can be a chore when you expose too much of your thoughts. You gotta really want to make that thread for whatever reason, and likewise you gotta really want to put yourself out there in the world with whatever talent you have, whether it be natural or "supernatural".

end of this rant.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 12:43 AM
link   

I am sure the question has been asked before.

If you are psychic why are you not rich? "Money is not everything" Yeah yeah heard that, but money allows you the freedom to continue your internal journey. I'd think the first thing a precog would do is win the lottery.

Your altruistic you say? Why aren't psychics in the hospital helping triage people? Pointing out what sort of cancer a patient has?

Where are my psychics on wall street helping the economy for the good of mankind?

So you have these powers that you can't prove and we can't measure scientifically. I'll be willing to buy that if you just do something to help people with it. Supposedly enlightened yet all I hear from you is how we can all be enlightened too if we just listen to your advice; and maybe send in $39.95.

If any of you out there truly have some sort of supernatural power please explain to me why you refuse to use it to DO anything.

I'm not a real psychic, nor do I believe that all people who claim to be psychics are real, but, I'll try to answer your questions. Your first one was this.

If you are psychic why are you not rich?

1. What makes you think that there aren't plenty of psychics who are rich? I'd say Sylvia Brown is living better than 90% of Americans right now. However, I would guess that to use one of GOD's gifts as a means to achieve personal gain would be a perversion of the divinity of that gift. It seems pretty logical to me. I can't prove that Jesus existed, but, if there was ever a guy in history that had superpowers recognized world wide, it was him. If I'm not mistaken, Jesus was pretty much against the establishment and the use monetary and spiritual exploitation of the church and the state against the people. His exact words were,

"It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God." Mark 10:25

I think its pretty cut and dry what Jesus was driving at when he said that. So, if one were to use one of God's gifts in this manner, it probably would not be looked upon too well. So, I hope that answers your first question.

2. Your second question was basically, "Why don't psychics help the sick?"

To my knowledge, there are many psychics who have helped the sick. I guess I could name a few, but, a little research of your own would provide that answer. There have been dozens of shows and documentaries on the History Channel of people who have done that very thing with outstanding success rates. Many of these people don't even charge for their services because, of course, to profit from a gift given you by the Universe is a perversion thereof.

3. Your third question was referring to Psychics and the stock market. Hmmm...psychics have been predicting the fall of wall street for quite some time now. As a matter of fact, there have been ATS posts about this very thing where fellow posters predicted the collapsing of the market years before it occurred. Again, a little research will provide that information...I no longer give links because, in the end, if you're the one with all of these questions, it would help for you to not rely on others to do your homework. If I have a question, I do my best to find all the material on my own in order to get a balanced perspective and educate myself on the issue. I'm not saying this to be condescending or mean, please don't take it that way. I just get tired of looking up tons of information for others, when its available at the click of a mouse for those who are questioning the content. But, to my knowledge, there are many rational people, and wealthy one's at that, who seek the guidance of psychics for financial advice. And some of them are the wealthiest people in the world.

4. And so you ask...why don't you do anything? Well, according to everything that I listed above, it appears that something IS actually being done whether it be for good, or the bad.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I'm pretty psychic, but as some of the other posters said, it's kinda hard to control. It seems my psychic impressions -- I usually call it intuition -- arrive on a "need to know" basis, not when I want them to. For example, ca. 6 months ago, my hubbie hired someone he knew to get a new furnace for us and install it too. I met the guy and he seemed very nice and likable. But at some point I got this nagging feeling that something was wrong with him, and I started having talks with my hubbie about trust.

I said, "Do you really trust that guy?" and he replied he trusted him completely. After various such conversation starters from my side, he actually got really mad at me for keeping at it. To make a very long story short, in the end it turned out that the guy was ripping off customers, stealing from his employer, and, and, and. My hubbie will probably never hear the end of my "I told you so's."

I used to have more control when I worked as a professional Tarot reader about 10 years ago; apparently the cards helped me focus, and they're a diviniatory tool in its own right, so I could always rely on them. Nonetheless, there were always great readings, good readings, and crappy readings. Some people I clicked with immediately, others I couldn't get a connection going with to save my life. Luckily I worked in the same building with ca. 20 other readers, so when I absolutely didn't get anything, I wouldn't charge the client and send him/her to another reader instead.

Funny thing is that even though I myself was a "psychic" reader, I am the greatest skeptic when it comes to so-called psychics... because I've seen so many of them work and fish for "hits" (cold reading); others were unscrupulous enough to tell clients flat-out that they would die within 6 months or so. Absolutely outrageous. I have, though, seen a few really good ones, too.

I don't think every "fake" psychic is necessarily a fraud. There are quite a few people who totally delude themselves into thinking they have actual abilities when they don't. They might be "cold reading by accident," subconsciously feeling their way through a reading and then thinking they're psychic. Others might be somewhat psychic, but start making stuff up when they draw the occasional blank (which happens to every psychic, everyone will tell you that) to avoid embarrassment.

I've only met very few totally clear psychics, who don't have any doubts about what they're getting... most are not so fortunate. Since you're the channel and filter for the messages at the same time, any information you get can be "tainted" by what you think you hear or believe you hear (or see/feel/whatever). It's incredibly hard not to interpret what you're getting. Then, of course, there's also -- even for the most talented psychic -- always the nagging question, "Am I just making it up, or is this real information?" The answer to that question can vary from moment to moment... and it's sooooo hard to discern between the two.

BTW, for the poster who talked about Sylvia Browne -- she's a total fraud and I find her despicable. There have been quite a few televised incidences where she was very obviously "fishing" and talking bullsh**... and that she's purportedly helping people find missing children and solve crimes makes this even more appalling to me. She ruthlessly exploits people in their most desperate moments; if there's a hell, I hope she ends up there.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by UFOTECH

Sorry I am lost here. I just joined ATS after reading this thread.
I wanted to contact UFOTECH u2u because I am having growing moles problems and no insurance. I could not send u2u because I have to post 20 messages before I can use it.
Please someone can help me. This is my first post. I will post more about psychic experiences later.
Thank you

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   

I had the ability to cure cancer twenty two years ago but i never did.Does that make me a murderer.Could i have saved millions of people with cancer over thoses twenty two years.It was not my time or place to have acheived than then and its still not my time and place to acheive that now.I never got the chance its as simple as that.Some people may disagree with that statement but its just the way the world gos around.Maybe in the future i may get the chance.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Well i would say that the fakes and shams may have some of the gift, however the real ability to actually use it without being driven insane comes from a more spiritual ascendancy, that is to say presence of mind above and behond normal human-animal brain function - true higher thought.

The true vision can only been seen clearly when its outside the normal constraints we have evolved to protect us. To wonder the world without these protections is awesomely hard and constantly painful, thus those who can accurately use their hightened senses must also have mastered certain other arts - true sight and passionless vision being the most important of course, the simple statement a fire is a fire. It's near enough impossible to explain to someone who can't see the ocean yet what it looks like and always however well a job you do of it their eyes will open wide with wonder upon seeing it.

At first glance a kind soul may wish to save prey from the preditors jaws but how many times could it be done before the lion himself needs saving? The world is a tangled web of interdependent strife - billions of years of balancing have created a world so perfectly fertile we ourselves have managed to grow - to develop and flower into a thing of beauty humanity is fairly awesome.

Yet this egg is a fragile weave of hope, hate and happy memories. Sure some people seek to understand their gift and help where they can but sure enough as they try they fail - pull one string and a dozern other strings twing too, its an endless game of robbing peter to pay paul. You can't hide from the truth when everything is plain to view, each failed attempt is broudcast a thousand times clearer than technicolour. The realization that string pulling leads to strangulation is enevitable alas.

Yet there are those that walk the earth helping in what way they can, there are people that take it upon themselves to give a quiet word in the right ear or to offer a sagelike slice of adivice right out of the blue. Mostly they know it's better to sow doubt with each gentle nudge, leave a little slack on the string as it were. Well, what i would say is take heed of all that is said, maybe what you're being told is a little more true or right than you could ever know, they just might be giving you the vital clue which could propel you to the next level of understanding - hehe then again they could be nuts, stupid or simply wrong

oh and of course, let me leave you with a parting thought - what would happen if a group of people able to offer near ultimate power to which ever group held their favour were to suddenly show up? I suppose that a nation or twenty might want to involove themselves in the debate about their fate, thats before the government factions, companies, cartells get involved, plus all the despotic armys and criminal gangs - it might shock you to think how few people there are in this crazy little world who aren't part of a 'team' in some form or other fighting for global domination. hehe maybe its best that they stay quiet hu?

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join