It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Tax Evaders' Guilty of Plot to Kill Feds

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   

'Tax Evaders' Guilty of Plot to Kill Feds

www.cbsnews.com

(AP) A couple were convicted Thursday on all counts of plotting to kill federal agents during a nine-month standoff at their fort-like rural home, where they had holed up to avoid arrest on tax evasion.

Ed and Elaine Brown, both in their 60s, face a mandatory minimum 30-year prison sentence on one charge alone.

The Browns holed up in their hilltop home in New Hampshire in early 2007 to avoid arrest after being convicted of tax evasion. They amassed an arsenal of high-powered weapons and explosives, including booby-traps in woods surrounding the home. During the trial, Ed Brown testified that the weapons were for self-defense, saying he believed the government planned to kill him and his wife. The two were arrested in October 2007 without incident.

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 10-7-2009 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Mmm-Hmmm, I BET they were!

People, I suggest EVERYONE pay attention to this story, particularly in light of the current RAPING we are being subjected to by the PTB, and the tax and class warfare that is being waged upon us---This serves as our current example of fighting against these entities, and what they can do in such situations.

A LOT more of us may find ourselves in similar situations in the near future due to what is being done to us. Will we meet similar fates to the Browns if we decide to stand up and say "enough is enough"?

www.cbsnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I like how the article says their house was a "fort-like" rural home. It always seems to be a "bunker" or a "compound" or a "fort". It's never just a mobile home or a ramshackle hovel in the middle of nowhere.

And if you have more than 2 bullets it's always an "arsenal".

Their sentence is essentially a death sentence for them as neither of them will likely live for another 30 years. Justice served?

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

I was following this interesting story back in 2007 until it fell off the radar (MSM stopped covering it, go figure) and I was always curious to know the outcome.

You cannot tax someone's labor because that is slavery
- Ed Brown, June 18 2007

Thanks for the update.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

A police officer pretended to be a supporter, came in the house and forced them out at gunpoint.

They basically used the old trogan horse tactic.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
They need to get in touch with the people who have successfully demonstrated that they don't have to pay tax.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Star and flag. This is really sad. These people are in their 60s and just wanted to be left alone to enjoy the freedom our constitution promised.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
If the authorities had a legitimate warrant to be on the property then they should of complied. We don't need anymore martyrs and thank goodness no violence commenced as a result of the police or the Browns. The Browns are more important alive than dead. Thank heavens the stand-off didn't turn into another "Ruby Ridge," or "Waco."

I wish all the best to the Browns, but they could have spared themselves so much grief and misery if they would have just complied with the authorities. We see that their struggle has fallen on deaf ears among the MSM and that is sad. However, they should have used their day in court as the means to disagree with paying income tax.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
This if any would be a proper time for some militia action. They need to get in there and free these people. The government is out to make an example of them and if someone doesn't do something real soon they will get away with it.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Um. If they were going to kill the feds wouldn't they have already done so by now?

I'm sorry but the logic that they used there is beyond faulty.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
The feds spent millions of dollars and hundreds of man hours surrounding their home with tanks and helicopters and assault troops.

The Browns didnt ask for any of that.

If anything the feds should be found guilty of a plot to kill the Browns.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
..... apparently they owed over 3 Million Dollars !!! ...... how the hell do they get by all this time under the radar ???

.... $%&$ I'm behind like 2 or 3 years on taxes myself
O ... I better start stock piling rocket launchers.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35

Man, I feel my love of commander Spock coming out...wouldn't it be just an awesome world if they used logic?

I fail to see how 3 million in back taxes is worth a death sentence to this couple. Yeah, they could have avoided it if they had just 'complied.'

Isn't that all they want? Our mindless, questionless, obedient compliance?

'Do what you're told and nobody gets hurt.' Isn't that what the criminals say when they're robbing banks?

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by KSPigpen

BINGO!!

"You ALL will COMPLY with the new set of taxes handed down to you, to pay off your bankster and Wall street masters, as commanded to you by your government---Or else...You will meet the same fate as these >tax-evaders

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35

The influence of Bergson had led him "to renounce the intellectualist method and the current notion that logic is an adequate measure of what can or cannot be." It had induced him, he continued, "to give up logic, squarely and irrevocably" as a method, for he found that "reality, life, experience, concreteness, immediacy, use what word you will, exceeds our logic, overflows, and surrounds it."

en.wikipedia.org...

Don't get stuck in the "logic" trap

[edit on 10-7-2009 by warrenb]

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   

If anything the feds should be found guilty of a plot to kill the Browns.

Exactly! People forget they treated these two as though they were hiding an army and missiles in there, when they were just a sweet elderly couple! As far as I know, they didn't have illegal weapons despite what the source is reporting.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
The most obvious and in our face way to avoid paying taxes is to start off being a community organizer. Then join the democratic party and become involved in politics. Then find a way to become appointed to the Obama cabinet - after all not paying your taxes is almost like a prerequisite to a position on his cabinet.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
You all have to remember that they were found guilty by a jury of their peers.

If the Browns were the sweet innocent people that are being portrayed in this post, then why did that jury find them guilty?

Why did the Browns place numerous pipe bombs around their house on 110 acres?

Why did they have so many guns?

They were convicted o plotting to kill federal agents. I'm pretty sure that if I were on the jury and found that they were an innocent older couple, that I couldn't have found them guilty. Could you?

BTW here is what was found on his property . "Twenty-one pipe bombs, dozens of rifles, tens of thousands of bullets, and cans of gunpowder shrouded in strips of nails — tax evader Ed Brown said it was all to scare away U.S. marshals, not harm them, if they came to his fortified New Hampshire home to arrest him. "

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by warrenb
They need to get in touch with the people who have successfully demonstrated that they don't have to pay tax.

I presume you're talking about being a "Freeman On The land"

Has anyone actually got away with this yet? I thought that most if not all cases in court had failed, and basicly been laughed out of the room.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I followed this story on C to Coast AM a while back and have been wondering what has happened to this couple.

I pray for them, and hope people will fight to open this case back up.

Judges and courts need to be reminded of the Oath they took before serving and follow our Constitution!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join