It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two gay men kicked out of Chico's Tacos restaurant for kissing

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by kiwifoot
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

we as a society are still uncomfortable with it, our children would be too.

That is a bunch of kaka. The PARENTS would be uncomfortable explaining it. Parents will start freaking out and think if I explain to my children that people of the same sex can be attracted to each other and since it is in public it is acceptable then they will be more likely to enjoy the company of the same sex for kissing.

Kids would not be uncomfortable with gay or lesbian people kissing. Kids are not racist. Kids are not religious. Kids are innocent. Kids eat paste bragh. Parents and adults force feed racism and discrimination to children. Save that line of poopee for someone else because I am not buying it.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Its private property and the owner/manager has the right to refuse service and ask people to leave.

It could cost him buisness as many people really do not feel comfortable around this.

He was well within his right.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
reply to post by ShadeWolf

Are you kidding? So I guess they should make heterosexual kissing illegal too... I mean come ON!

This is ridiculous. The restaurant should be sued.

Yeah that's right they should make hetero kissing illegal too, I don't want to see anyone working themselves up while I'm trying to enjoy a meal out. Hopefully the restaurant owner will have plenty of people step up to help pay for a defense, in fact, I am going to see if they put a fund together for the defense and send a contribution.

Actually I didn't know there was an offense called "homosexual conduct" but it stands to reason. What else would you call it, if you had to write it up in legal jargon?

[edit on 10-7-2009 by Bombeni]

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bombeni

Originally posted by Vitchilo
reply to post by ShadeWolf

Are you kidding? So I guess they should make heterosexual kissing illegal too... I mean come ON!

This is ridiculous. The restaurant should be sued.

Yeah that's right they should make hetero kissing illegal, I don't want to see anyone working themselves up while I'm trying to enjoy a meal out. Hopefully the restaurant owner will have plenty of people step up to help pay for a defense, in fact, I am going to see if they put a fund together for the defense and send a contribution.

Actually I didn't know there was still an offense called "homosexual conduct" but it stands to reason. What else would you call it, if you had to write it up in legal jargon?

[edit on 10-7-2009 by Bombeni]

It is not a legality matter. Just common decency will do.
Unfortunately, some people demonstrate the complete lack of such.
Should the decency be enforced? Sure. Prosecuted? God forbid.
The owner was within his/her rights.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by TurkeyBurgers

Originally posted by kiwifoot
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

we as a society are still uncomfortable with it, our children would be too.

That is a bunch of kaka. The PARENTS would be uncomfortable explaining it. Parents will start freaking out and think if I explain to my children that people of the same sex can be attracted to each other and since it is in public it is acceptable then they will be more likely to enjoy the company of the same sex for kissing.

Kids would not be uncomfortable with gay or lesbian people kissing. Kids are not racist. Kids are not religious. Kids are innocent. Kids eat paste bragh. Parents and adults force feed racism and discrimination to children. Save that line of poopee for someone else because I am not buying it.

Out of an entire post supporting the g&L issue, saying how it is wrong but sadly the way it is, you picked up on the ONE thing I said that could be misinterpreted.

I absolutely abhor your ilk.

Children grow up from the time of toddlers getting teased about girlfriends or boyfreinds, being asked to kiss neighbours and seeing mummy and daddy. That is enough for children to deal with.

So you are right, technically the word 'uncomfortable' is wrong, but they will question, and they will not understand completely because they have no idea about sex(well they shouldn't at young ages).

I think that a child has enough to deal with the way society expects them to be, without throwing them the curve ball of seeing two males or females kissing. And the ensuing conversation that would have to follow. THIS makes g&l kissing in public a thorny issue for society.

ARRRGGHHH I am furious with you.

You took one word from an otherwise supportive post and try to say that I think a child would be likely to be gay if they saw this???? Nonsense, you need your eyes checked. But parents have the right, in society, at the moment, to not have to have that conversation, when society is ready for public gay displays of affection than great, all the better. But now is not the time for the most part.

Read the entire post, use your brain to get the general idea of the poster, if they slip up use your intelligence! It's people like you that can read 5oo words written by someone, then take one and make them feel like the manager in the OP story.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
So, who should the restaurant worry about? The two paying gay customers....or all the other customers that were offended/grossed out by the kiss? Seems like simple economics to me...go where the money is...and in this case it was removing the "disturbance" so the rest of the paying crowd would not take their business elsewhere. It's not right, but their gay rights were not violated anymore than the business owners rights to turn a profit.

Just my 2-cents

[edit on 10-7-2009 by Aggie Man]

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by ActuallyActuary

Well I fully expect the Gay and Lesbian Advocates to rear their heads and fight this one in public. I'm just saying I'll throw some change in the bucket if that happens, for the restaurant owner that is.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Seeing anyone (not just Gays) smooching and slipping each other the tongue in a restaurant is enough to make me puke.

However, it is more disgusting when Gays do it.

I can't help the way I feel about it.

I was born that way.

So you should accept me and tolerate my opinion.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by MR BOB
Its private property and the owner/manager has the right to refuse service and ask people to leave.

It could cost him buisness as many people really do not feel comfortable around this.

He was well within his right.

Besides, this happened in El Paso Texas and hispanics don't cotton to that funny stuff. These guys should move to San Francisco or New Orleans.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   

My BS alarm just went off.

---------------------PROTECTED BY VIPER STAND BACK!------------------------

"So you are right, technically the word 'uncomfortable' is wrong, but they will question, and they will not understand completely because they have no idea about sex(well they shouldn't at young ages)."

AAAANNNNTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

WRONG WRONG WRONG

A child will ask YOU as a parent why you kiss MOMMY or DADDY
SAVE THAT BS SAVE IT FOR SOMEONE ELSE!

You also just compared kissing to sex

Care to refute that kind sir?

Child: "Mommy why do you kiss daddy?"

Parent: [snip]
Get real bucko.

Mod Edit -

4.) You will not use profanity in our forums, and will neither post with language or content that is obscene, sexually oriented, or sexually suggestive nor link to sites that contain such content.

[edit on 10-7-2009 by elevatedone]

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Besides, this happened in El Paso Texas and hispanics don't cotton to that funny stuff.

Aw come on! Chico's Tacos is the heart and soul of the homosexual agenda. If they can't swap spit before they munch on tacos and burritos, then how will they be able to enjoy life?

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Look here yall. Being gay is not a WESTERN VALUE or something that happens because of WESTERN TEACHINGS.

SPOILER ALERT.

It is something people are BORN WITH. It happens on every continent in every country, city and town. Every civilization in the entire history of the human species has had people that are attracted to those of the same sex. Except Iran.

And wow holy crap they want the same rights that those uppity women did when they decided they wanted the right to vote.

"I think women should be allowed to protest for the right to vote but do they have to be so in my face about it?"

"I think blacks should be allowed to own land but do they have to talk about it while I am eating dinner and wear t-shirts showing blacks owning land?"

Oppression is OPPRESSION. Label it what you will but we are talking about a VERY LARGE percentage of our population who are denied rights based on the way they are born.

Not much different than being born with a certain skin color or being born with a set of breasts.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Oppression is OPPRESSION.

Yes it is! And those 2 gay men were OPPRESSING the business owner's right to operate a successful business.

Let's say that the owner needs to sell 100 sandwiches per day to turn a profit. At the busy hour (lunch time?) there are 30 "straight" potentially paying customers that are offended and leave. So the owner sells 70 sandwiches instead of 100. Why? Because of 2 people. If every business bowed down to the gay community, then they would all fail. This is a LEGITIMATE, NON BIGOTED cause for concern in a free capitalistic economy.

[edit on 10-7-2009 by Aggie Man]

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Not much different than being born with a certain skin color or being born with a set of breasts.

Except that one is a physical reality and the other is a mental state of mind.

EDIT:
How is it that there exists an organization called National Association for Research & Therapy of Homosexuality but there isn't a group called National Association for Research & Therapy of Black? Why? Because one is something you can change, and the latter isn't

You can have a predisposition to be an alcoholic, fat, lazy, aggressive, or homosexual. Of course the element called "free will" and your actions will always determine what you are despite what you might have a tendency to be.

[edit on 10-7-2009 by dbates]

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by dbates

Besides, this happened in El Paso Texas and hispanics don't cotton to that funny stuff.

Aw come on! Chico's Tacos is the heart and soul of the homosexual agenda. If they can't swap spit before they munch on tacos and burritos, then how will they be able to enjoy life?

Actually I wasn't trying to be snotty, it's true. Their hispanic culture frowns bigtime on homosexuality. Of course there would be mexican homosexuals but they don't come out of the closet very often, not among their race.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Well I live in El Paso and have been following this on the news.
The officer was a rookie and I believe will be reprimanded. The gentlemen who were kicked out have filed I believe at the moment, only a complaint. We'll see what happens. The law that the rook tried to use is not even in the books anymore so...one up for the civilians.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by antmax21

Doesn't change the fact that some people still believe in an old fashioned thing called decency. That is why they have such places at San Francisco; you know from the git go if you are going to live there you live by the homosexual mores, not heterosexual. But El Paso is a LONG way from San Fran.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

LOL...from the news report it sounds like a quick kiss...like everyone does when they greet people. I doubt they went at for 6 hours...long enough to turn away all the custom and lose money. Talking of money....seeing as a lot seem to think gay people should neither be seen or heard...how about refunding a large amount of the taxes they have had to pay for your children...for the refunds straights get for being married etc...and for the lack of rights they have had to endure?
I don't condone slobbering from anyone in a restaurant but the news report isn't saying that is what happened. By the way the owner should be prosecuted for abusive behaviour, regardless of his right to serve whom he wishes.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by TurkeyBurgers

You say Gay and Lesbian's represent a very large portion of our population...
"Oppression is OPPRESSION. Label it what you will but we are talking about a VERY LARGE percentage of our population who are denied rights based on the way they are born."

But the stats don't bear that out...
5. 1.51% of the total U.S. population identifies themselves as gay, lesbian or bisexual, or 4.3 total million Americans. These numbers are based on figures provided by a broad-based coalition of gay rights organizations and homosexual advocacy groups. The primary source cited was the The National Health and Social Life Survey (NHSLS), published in the book The Social Organization of Sex: Sexual Practices in the United States (1994), by Laumann, Gagnon, Michael and Michaels.
from here...www.adherents.com...

While I support all humans rights to civil liberties, I think your argument, just like their public kiss , is based on shock value...put it in our faces.

OK...but you should not be surprised when there is backlash.

At the end of the day, adults are supposed to exercise a modicum of etiquette. I no more want to see men and women swapping spit than I do 2 men or 2 women...it's called being civil.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join