It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would we say at first contact

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 02:50 AM
link   
I apologize if this has been posted already, though I've done a search and was surprised not to find a similar thread.

Picture this: One day, after decades of searching the skies... They came. Aliens, I mean. The real ETs' millions of years more advanced and evolved than us, coming down on their shiny flying saucers, stepping out of the cockpit with a hand/tentacle outstretched saying, "We come in peace!"

What the hell would we say? what would the first words to come out of our mouths be?

What if we were the ones meeting them?

After hundreds of years exploring the universe in our fancy, smancy warpdrive spaceships, we come across another species exploring the galaxy. Or we find another planet, full of intelligent life, maybe slightly less (or greatly less) advance than us.

What would we say to them? "We come in peace?" "Take us to your leader?"

What about you specifically? What would you say to an ET who had a mind grossly more advanced than you are?

[edit on 7/9/09 by Redajin]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 02:56 AM
link   
If i was leader of the world this would be my speech.

We come in peace, do not fear us for we mean you no harm, we have decided now is the time to make contact with your wonderfull civilisation, i hope we can learn much off each other.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 03:08 AM
link   
I would ask if they wanted to come inside and eat, well if they ate anyway.

You know there's going to be those people who ask about where they're from and about their technology but i'm more interested in being hospitable and showing we're not all power hungry, close-minded people.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 03:11 AM
link   
If I were just a normal person on the street and an ET was to come up to me , I would be hesitant at first trying to think of what to say would it be either :

" Hello and welcome to our world , do not deal with the worlds 'leaders' as the are duplicitous and decietful, try talking to the people first"

or

" Hello, can you take me off this rock?"

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by DataWraith

My good friend, you read my mind

Perhaps I would say both...

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Redajin

Honestly, i'd ask how immortality would possible, and the cure for the diseases facing the human race.

I wouldn't say anything, i'd ask my arse off!

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 03:54 AM
link   
I would be as violent and aggressive as possible to provoke its instinct of survival and see how it reacts.

That is if i live through it, i guess a camera would need to be set up.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 03:55 AM
link   
"Got any good space weed?"
2nd line.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by tristar
I would be as violent and aggressive as possible to provoke its instinct of survival and see how it reacts.

In that line of thinking, I'd say:

"Hello there, are you interested in long distance savings?"

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 04:04 AM
link   
The two universals of any known culture are music and dance. I say, skip the words. Who knows if they would comprehend what we say anyways!

Just get some serious wattage, deep bass, and play some groovy house, Sublime, or Bob Marley.

If they flee, they aren't worth our time...

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 04:07 AM
link   
I would say something like this:

Hi, welcome.
Im glad you came finaly, teach me.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 04:09 AM
link   
if this could really happen i think i would rather listen what they have to say! ... on the other hand i couldnt wait to ask why it took them so long

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Redajin

I think i would if it was me offer them the hospitality of my home and a home cooked meal. There is no better way to get to know someone than to be as informal as you can and have a good ol country dinner. Just my notion of what i would do. I would say though to them how wonderful it is to meet you and how great it is you've come however let me warn you about the dem's. bad lot stay away from them lol.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 04:15 AM
link   
I would say well than it would seam all thoes people on ats were right after all...than I would extend my hand in peace and welcome it in for a nice brandy.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 04:24 AM
link   
i would say..."You heard Michael Jackson died?"

so..if the scenario is that whilst walking ET's land infront of me I think I wouldnt say a word just try to capture one of them and take him home..then I think the interview shall begin...

Were are you form?
Are there others coming here?
Have you benn coming here and since how long?
What is your Religion?
Do you play FIFA 09 with me? (if yes will do a match)
Do you have diffrerent sex?
Why Do you think the Universe is so Big?
Did someone created everything?..what was he doing before creating Everything?
Are the Crop Circles Man Made?

Of Course..many other question all video taped and posted on ATS..i can imagine S&F ..(btw...i'm givin you S&F dont worry since its a nice thread)

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 04:27 AM
link   
ooooo...

and it would be nice keep him at home, open a thread at ATS..."Ask our brother Alien"...i'll post pictures and videos showing the Alien is true..and we pass all the time questioning him together..he will become ATS's Mascot and secret too..we'll never disclose such a thing (does this rings a bell to you)

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 04:34 AM
link   
i say to them hi as i have a feeling of who it might be hopefully pleiadiens welcome to terra (as they have been here far many times before) what took you so long? and ask them to see my past lives....

link   
I would say "hi" do you know me? do I know you?

If so am I doing alright?

You know I want to at least TRY but I am too tired and battered mostly right???

Please can you help me be me again???

link   
Nice thread. I think I would be at a total loss for words. I think I would just stare.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by h1satsu
"Got any good space weed?"
2nd line.

u made my day...thank you

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join