It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Raven's Terrifying Dream

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I feel strange posting in this board, haha. But I guess I'll just have to suck it up.

I just got back from vacation. While I was away, I had the most terrifying nightmare I've had in ages... and I have a feeling I've had it before and I blocked it out. I recorded it when it woke me up and have been waiting to get home so I could post it and see what you all thought.

Before I continue, I always have very vivid, usually lucid dreams. I am very stressed out, but that's nothing new for me. The day before I had my dream I ate pretty normal food for me. I don't remember exactly but I told my boyfriend so I can ask him and he probably remembers.

I went to sleep around midnight on the 5th of July which is normal for me. I believe I had been watching Comedy Central. I was in my grandparent's house, which is very familiar to me, and it was the 5th night of my stay. I was alone in my room.

I dreamt that I was home. In my dream I was lying on a small loveseat couch near the window that is in my family room, perpendicular to my mom who was on the full sized couch. Her hair was wet, it was evening, she probably had taken a shower. I think she was wearing red, I don't remember what I was wearing. We were watching TV, which is pretty usual for when she gets home from work. We were relaxed, it was quiet.

All of a sudden I heard a loud sound, like a very close jet plane, but it didn't gradually get louder like when a plane comes by. It came out of nowhere and was deafening. In my head I got an image of a plane or... sorry to say, UFO, popping into the sky nearby. The sound came from behind me and to the back left of my mom, in the direction behind a closet in the family room. It was outside, but that's where it seemed to happen. That direction. Not sure what direction (NESW) it is, but I can find out.

So there was this deafening sound and image, and then this feeling of loud rushing air and pressure. My ears popped, and I could hardly breathe. I looked towards my mom, who was mouthing or saying "What is that? What is that? What the hell?" etc. I tried to go to her because I was frightened and wanted to say goodbye, that this was the end of the world, and I fell onto the floor. I couldn't speak but in my head I was thinking about 2012 and if it was a black hole or meteor, those are the thoughts that popped in my head but I clearly saw some sort of aerodynamic vehicle in my mind.

Then the pressure became so great and I blacked out and woke up. When I woke up I was in a sweat, my throat and ears hurt, and I could not move for a few minutes and my limbs were numb. I awoke around 3:40am. I could not do anything for about six minutes. For the next hour or so I was extremely skittish, crying at everything, jumping when the wind made the blinds moved or the light patterns on the wall changed. I called my boyfriend and I eventually fell asleep at 7:30am once it was light out. I had to turn on the backlight on my iPod and phone because in the dark I felt like someone else was in the room. And until I fell asleep I felt like I was being watched.

I have had very vivid dreams before, and some of them have been reminiscent of future events. I think we are a little prophetic, so I don't know. I don't know what to make of this dream. The UFO or extraterrestrial undertones were extraordinary and I don't EVER put much into those theories. I try to stay away from such discussions here on ATS and I honestly don't have an opinion on the subject.

I hadn't been thinking about any related topic before I went to sleep and I was not on ATS since before I left for my trip. I had been reading the ATS book but I had read it before, and I had been reading it in the morning... nothing about it bothered me or stuck in my mind... and that was hours and hours before.

I don't know what it was but it scared the you know what out of me. And thinking about it, I have had at least one other dream where I was in my family room and in that case I was looking outside into the backyard and there was a similar sound and feeling followed by me waking up. I don't think a sound triggered it while I was sleeping. I don't think it's from a certain movement or something I do in my sleep. But it comes with a really great feeling of panic both in the dream and when I'm awake and the image of an airplane-sort of thing. I don't know how many other times I've had this dream. I don't think the dream is linked to a medication I'm taking or anything like that... it just doesn't make any sense.

For the past few days I've been glancing around looking for someone to be staring at me... or something. And everytime I hear a whooshing sound or an increasing noise, I freak out. I did fly on a plane today, flight was a little bumpy but generally fine. I am not really phobic of flying, I've been on dozens of flights before.

Whatever it was, it was awful. Just wanted to see what you make of it. When I woke up I had this feeling that I had left my body, and not in an astral projection sort of way. I told my boyfriend when I called him that I thought I had been abducted. It felt like the dream was implanted in my head. I don't know, though, I wouldn't really say that anymore but that's what I thought at the time. I kind of think it's a tad crazy to think it, though. My boyfriend said, since he knows I often project subconsciously in my sleep, that when I go back to consciousness very quickly I get this sort of reaction? I don't know, though, because I don't remember projecting at all before I had this dream, not having any other dreams that night and usually I remember them pretty well (2-3 big ones a night is usual).

I also felt very violated when I woke up, which was paired with the feeling that I was being watched.

Dreams don't usually scare me. They'll put me in a bad mood, they'll pop into my head a few times a day, but usually I wake up and I'm find. This got to me, and it must have last time as well and any times before because I blocked it out. But this was bad enough that even though I was exhausted I could not fall back to sleep, and I woke up my poor sick boyfriend and called him crying on the phone for three hours. Something felt weird, something felt wrong, and I needed to post it here in case... you know... whatever.

Right. So. I'll be around and I'll check back.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Lol

Edited for not making any sense and sounding weird and cryptic cus I was tired

[edit on 9-7-2009 by mopusvindictus]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Need to elaborate, I had just walked in last night and that was very brief and cryptic and odd lol

Vivid dreams like that are a Good thing, your subconscious pushing fears to the surface to release them... the Ability to Lucid Dream

A negative image like that obviously has you reacting... because your mind treats day dreams or dreams or nightmares you consciously experience AS REAL

Your probably a bit Fubar from it, sorry... that's an annoying and potentially damaging thing

But when I said AWARE...

Kind of wrong word I guess, I was a bit shot and exhausted ...

It's just

If you can dream and Visualize like that...

It's like actually experiencing things you can... learn things it's like it really happened to your brain, you can... come to terms with new experiences... Study things

(and i'm not even sure how that works... Jungian Collective unconscious maybe?)

But you can... if you can dream like that and learn to Take Control of it...

Awful dream, but your lucky...

Lucid dreaming is GREAT, particularly to that level

Next time it happens... try and take control of the dream,

I don't know how to describe doing it... You have to recognize the Dream and NOT wake up and then you can change it...

I can do it... and I just did when I was a kid, no books or anything

But it's a wonderful tool in my life now...

and...

It started, the ability to do it from having to escape nightmares myself...

It's an open door... use it, it's fun

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
That sounds like one hell of a nightmare. I've had similar dreams of deafening noise, overwhelming suffocating pressure on my chest, and where I have little or no ability to react until everything just goes "dark." However I think they're just that: unpleasant dreams, regardless of how real or traumatic our waking reactions.

I've had several dreams that have come true, but I think that's more coincidence than it is anything to do with seeing the future. I also suspect we tend to make our dreams self-fulfilling prophecies because at some level we expect it to occur.

Even if you don't buy Aliens or 2012 the underlying mythos behind these subjects are as old as time. The idea of utter annihilation and outside entities with overwhelming power over us is very human. Dreams, if you read the research, truly mimic our fears, emotional turmoil, and every other aspect of our perceived reality.

I wouldn't put too much weight in a dream, but that's just me.

Feel better,
-X

[edit on 9-7-2009 by Xtraeme]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Yeah like he said... don't put any weight to it either

I think I have had precognitive dreams, but the symbolism doesn't really reveal itself until After...

What i'm saying is a Dream about a car Crash could mean someone is going to break up with you or that something big will Impact your life...

So you could have a terrible dream and like the burning tower in the Tarot Card deck it might just be a big Change coming or something

Or a manifestation of what you read in here

anything really

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Aw thanks guys!

Yeah I'm okay now I think, just trying to figure out what it means. And everytime I hear a plane or sound like that I flip out... but all my other dreams have been normal so far. It's good to be home.

I wonder what causes that weird pressure/rushing sound feeling thing. I do think it's kind of common in dreams maybe, maybe it's caused by a drop in blood pressure or something.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
If you take away all of the baggage that goes with UFOs and ask yourself what you really think happened to you, do you think it was an abduction or do you think it was a dream?

None of us can do that for you. I do think that people have the ability to KNOW what happens to them. Try to be as honest with yourself as possible and then answer the question. What do you really think happened to you.

I know it sounds like I'm advocating an abduction here but I'm really not. I, like you, have not really gotten into the whole UFO thing here at ATS; and I, like you, really have no opinion on the matter except that I think there probably are extraterrestrials out there somewhere. I do not have an opinion on abductions.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

That's a tough question.

I tend to think that it was just a bad dream.

BUT.

I think that if I were more open-minded towards the idea of ETs and UFOs and abductions that I would be very likely to categorize it as an abduction.

But since I'm generally ... closed-minded regarding that, I'll call it a dream.

I think that if it were an abduction I would have some sort of physical evidence as such and perhaps a more distinct memory.

HOWEVER.

Since I think I've had this dream before (with less detail) I expect to have this dream again with more detail and I won't rule out that the dream could be a memory of something that happened to me awhile ago that I'm getting new evidence of.

But right now I'll say it's just a dream. Sound reasonable?

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ravenshadow13

Hahaa... sounds SAFE.
but that's ok too!

Hang in... let us know if it happens again...

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

Will do.

Thank you!

top topics

join