It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Helicopter hovering

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Well what a strange night it has been!For the last hour and a half a helicopter has been hovering over a field and its constant engine whine has caught my attention

A few people in my street were out side looking in the direction and you could see it shining a light on a field

So I took my old samsung 6 meg camera for a trip in the car to see what it was doing.The field is only about a 2 min drive from me and I pulled over to get close to it.As I type this I can still hear it and feel loud low sounding bangs in the distance(wasnt doing that before!)

I took some vid footage of it but light wasnt good,but managed to take a couple of photos with flash that came out well.For some reason it was stationary above a field shining a spot light down on it?After I took a couple of photos of it,it shone the light on me and then turned it off!still hovering for about 10 mins above me and about 50 metres infront of me.It then started to fly in a circle around the field about 3 times.

The reason I went up to have a look is with the recent crop circles near swindon(I live in wiltshire)I thought there might be something in that field.It was too dark to see anything and to be honest I didnt fancy walking over to the spot it had its light on!lol the car engine was still running in case I needed a quick retreat!

I will add photos of it tomorrow at work as the pc there can take my sd card

It just seems so strange to have it hovering over this field for all that time!

*edit*I will naturaly go back there when its daylight and walk over to the spot to see if there is a reason for it being there

[edit on 7-7-2009 by noangels]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
When you go back take a camera and document anything anomalous as well as a couple pics of layout of area. Good Luck

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Did the field have power cables crossing it?

I only really ask because just today there was a bright orange helicopter hovering and moving slowly over the fields I can see from my house.... I pulled out the binoculars and watched it for 5 minutes, they seemed to be studying the power lines (the high tension type with the huge towers) - it makes sense because they are putting in a new powerstation near here and they are about a year away from being on line I think - and our power also keeps tripping out!!! Grrrr!

But were they surveying something? Always a good excuse to hire a chopper if the company is paying

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I will do that,I realy wanted to walk over to the exact area but was a little put off due to the fact he put his spot light on me and could see my car lights.I walked far into the field,but the light was realy bad,it did look to me like there was a crop in that direction or very tall grass.

If there is anything there I will find it.For all i know there might have been a VIP living in a house near and the chopper was called out to look for someone.

Might have been a training exercise,but for the life of me I dont know why they would do it there.

At the start of the year I saw a UFO hovering over a field about a mile or so away-silent with four bright lights red,orange/green and white from right to left.An old boy was standing by his front door looking at it too and the sighting lasted for well over a min-untill I drove towards it(dark evening)and flashed my full beams at it.When I stopped after changing direction in the road at a junction I could hear nothing and see nothing!

Will have a good look there tomorrow after work

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Now_Then

Will have a look in the daylight mate,like i said it was too dark-But he was shining the light in a field.I wouldnt expect them to check cables when it was realy dark to be honest or survey-but you never know,perhaps they prefer it in the dark!lol thanks for the reply

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by noangels

Whatup OP. I havent replied to a thread in a LONG time (life challenges/struggles etc) but after reading your account, it made me think back to last week when a seemingly innocuous event occured.

Roughly 9:00 p.m on a Thursday, I was siting on my couch in my livingroom and had my windows open as it was a nice night. I heard the whirr of a helicopter circling outside. Mind you, I live about 1 mile or so from a county jail, so I had assumed that maybe someone escaped, or they were chasing a criminal who had escaped into the park across from my house.

As I stood at the window, the chopper must have had something in its sights as it started tightening its circle around a spot in the park. I pretty much shook it off as the "ghetto bird" looking to scoop up a bad guy. After about 10 or so more minutes of it circling, and at one point getting to at least 30- feet above the ground, it turned off the spotlight and flew away.

Cut to this week. I am riding my bike around the park where I saw the chopper, and as I loom to my left, I see a massive patch of grass matted down "crop circle style". I didnt think anything of it until I rode around again and was supremely puzzled at that time. What had happened?

Did the chopper see something making this pattern in the grass in the park. What did it see, what was it investigating? I dont have any pics of the plot, but I'm going to try and grab some next time Im out on the bike.
Crazy stuff, but I wanted to share as the OP event struck a chord with my mind.

Peace

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Good story Don,it certainly sounds like your chopper pilot saw something down there.The strange thing with my bird I filmed and took photos off,is that is was hovering in the same location for about an hour and a half!

It was dark but enough moonlight to break through the clouds to let me see there didnt seem to be any one in the field-no lights-balls of light-ect

Strange thing is that after he shone his spot light on me,he turned it off!I have just looked at the last vid I took after he lit me up and the spotlight is turned off,and the other clips I took before clearly show him focusing the beam on the field

Next time your on your bike,take some snaps mate

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 02:49 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4cd24e5177dd.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/840143033e79.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0bbe95e21569.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Ok those are the photos of the chopper with his spot light aiming down at the field.I have some video footage,but its too dark to put up and I havnt any software on this works computer to lighten up.

Intersting thing is after he lit me up,he turned that spotlight off for good(well for as long as I was there anyway)and it is seen in my last vid I recorded as he hovers in the same position with no light

when he did the 3 or more circles around me and the field,his light was off again-but untill he noticed my cam flash he had it on all the time

weather permitting and other stuff,I will get up there in daylight and take some photos and look around

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 03:00 AM
link   
After I took a couple of photos of it,it shone the light on me and then turned it off!

That is very strange, if it was anything official it wouldn't have turned it off.
It would have just gone about its business.
It was trying to hide from photo's it didn't want to be seen.
Another thing from that distance how would he have even known you were there to shine the light on you?
Its pretty far away from you out of the field of vision makes me wonder if someone wasn't also satellite scanning the area with flir and picked you up and reported it to them.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptainCaveMan

They probably saw the flash from the camera so turned the spotlight to see what caused the flash.

I hope you find something interesting out there noangels

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 03:10 AM
link   
my car engine was running and the lights were on,its a narrow country road and I didnt want some boy racer smashing in to it

He must have seen my car,and on his circle flight path he directly flew over me with just that red navigational light blinking away

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by doogle

Would be great to see something there in daylight,as I have said its strange that he hovered over this field for well over an hour

The whine from his engine and the blades were realy loud,and as crows fly it was only about half a mile away from the village I live in.

We do get army chinooks and apaches fly over from time to time,but there rare(and noisy!)It might have been a training mission,but as stated above I cant understand why he would do it late at night right on the doorstep of a large village when their airfield is far away and Salisbury Plain would be easier and safer to do this for them

I get the impression he took great interest in that field,hopefully I might get a chance to see why later

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Hi you said you took some photo's with a flash?
Yet there is no flash lighting on that tree?

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 05:19 AM
link   
I am not sure if those are the flash photos mate,a fair few of them didnt come out well at all!

I have uploaded two vids,that are in the media section here on my profile.

I have tried to embed them in this thread but it comes up saying some files are missing-but they can be seen on my uploaded media page!

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Damm,got back late last night-and tonights rehearsal night so will not be enough light by the time I get back.Friday evening looks like the best time for me to have a walk in the field and see if anything is there

I spoke to someone yesterday who told me that 3 police cars roared up the sides roads in that location with their lights flashing but sirens turned off just after 21.00

He is the other side of my village didnt even notice the helicopter or hear it from that side.

I certainly didnt hear any sirens and when I got up there there were no cars in the distance on the other side of the field,being dark it would have been easy to see any lights on.

If they were searching for someone,I am surprised this chopper didnt radio in after seeing me and get the local boys in blue to drive on over and ask me what I was doing parked up near that field!For all the pilot knew I may have been waiting there to pick up that person

The boys in blue heading that direction earlier must rule out a training flight by this chopper-as that is about the time I 1st heard the engine whine and rotor blades

Anyway will have a look on friday,and hopefully some locals might know what went on that night so I can know too!

edit*my ats time of posting is out-its 09.28 at the moment and the sighting was on 7/7/09

[edit on 9-7-2009 by noangels]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Hi,

looking forward to hearing what you discover tomorrow!

Aelf

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 04:20 AM
link   
yes indeed you have to keep us posted an what the outcome is man.

Second line

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 04:47 AM
link   
media.abovetopsecret.com...

media.abovetopsecret.com...

Thanks for reply lads,will let you know by friday evening

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 05:02 AM
link   
nice story! i hope that you find out the truth behind all this!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join