It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Helicopter hovering

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Hi again,

thanks for sending the films. Must have been pretty disconcerting when they switched off the spot light!

Aelf

Originally posted by noangels
media.abovetopsecret.com...

media.abovetopsecret.com...

Thanks for reply lads,will let you know by friday evening

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Aelfrede

I have to admit I was puzzled that the light was switched off,considering he had that light on all the time prior to me being seen.Turning that off didnt make him invisable,and the noise was a dead give away too!

Then of course he did about 3 or more circles of the field with his flight path going straight over my head with only his red light on the tail section blinking.He was still high,as there are telegraph poles in that field and near where I was-but it did feel like he was trying to intimadate me(didnt work,lol)

I realy did want to walk to the exact spot he was hovering over,but I felt a little uneasy about being so far away from the car and it was now too dark to film the ground or even try to film him

I am very eager to see the area in daylight now,the google map shows it as a big healthy looking field full of beuitifull green grass-I dont think there will be any designs there!Anyway who knows!

yeahh in reply to your message,I have been thinking of going up there to see the crop circles too.I might drag my band mates along for some photo ops.Its less than an hour away,and there are some great designs-man made,alien made or made by our planet,some of them look breath taking bit silly looking at them online when its no big deal to drive on over and have a crop circle day in that part of Wiltshire

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
well that's what helicopters do.... they hover. they can fly too. sounds like you've never seen one.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Chovy

I don't think he was posting on the flight characteristics of the helo, more of the purpose for them hovering over this field for an extended period with thier spots on.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Chovy

Knew it wouldnt be long sunshine,glad to have your wit and charm grace this thread!

If you had actualy read the whole thread you would see that I have seen Chinooks and Apaches flown by the RAF over my area of the woods.Also seen RAF lynx and gazelle choppers in the air too!Knock me over with a feather,they also hover!

This thread is due to the highly unusual practice of having that chopper hovering over a field near me and looking at something with its spot light for nearly two hours!

Then add in three police cars speeding to that direction just before he showed up and it points to some big deal

anyway thanks for replying

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
He is certainly up to something, my guess would be it was a police chopper, possibly hunting down someone who "did a runner", well, thats my "logical explanation" guess, without studying the field.

but if you go back, you may find something more interesting
good to have people like you with their cameras and wits about them...

Good luck on figuring out this little mystery.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by KoraX

Thats what I thought too,that they were searching for a person after hearing about the police heading in that direction.The thing that goes against that idea is the fact I was parked in an exit to the field,and if they were indeed looking for a runner they must have surely thought I could be there to pick them up!I was there for over 20 mins in that field,with no police cars in sight

Another angle could be something was dropped by the perp,and the chopper was searching for it-but surely a police team on the ground doing a wide search with lights would be a better way to locate some thing!

Yet another angle is basic chopper night time training,something that one would persume they wouldnt do near a built up area-and of course the 3 police cars heading in that direction must rule that out

There could have been a VIP living very near there,and a panic button was pressed.

And of course the old chestnut of crop circles may come to play,considering the amount(man made or not)coming to light recenty in north wiltshire

Or perhaps some one living close often complains of helicopters and the pilot was playing a joke on them and getting them back even more.

There may well be(and prob is)a reasonable explanation

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Good luck today! Let us know what you do or do not find. With regards your other post, I think you have a good point that if they were hunting for someone, you (with car running as potential getaway vehicle) would certainly be of interest to them. Doesn't make sense that they didn't come and investigate you. Saying that though, maybe they didn't want to scare off this person that they 'potentially' were after. However, you would expect them to have some interest in you after you got in the car and drove off. Where were the police cars? In the field?

Cheers,

Aelf

reply to post by Aelfrede

I have to admit I was puzzled that the light was switched off,considering he had that light on all the time prior to me being seen.Turning that off didnt make him invisable,and the noise was a dead give away too!

Then of course he did about 3 or more circles of the field with his flight path going straight over my head with only his red light on the tail section blinking.He was still high,as there are telegraph poles in that field and near where I was-but it did feel like he was trying to intimadate me(didnt work,lol)

I realy did want to walk to the exact spot he was hovering over,but I felt a little uneasy about being so far away from the car and it was now too dark to film the ground or even try to film him

I am very eager to see the area in daylight now,the google map shows it as a big healthy looking field full of beuitifull green grass-I dont think there will be any designs there!Anyway who knows!

yeahh in reply to your message,I have been thinking of going up there to see the crop circles too.I might drag my band mates along for some photo ops.Its less than an hour away,and there are some great designs-man made,alien made or made by our planet,some of them look breath taking bit silly looking at them online when its no big deal to drive on over and have a crop circle day in that part of Wiltshire

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I would guess that if they were pointing the light at 'something' and then saw you, they turned the light off and flew circles to try to get you to forget where they were looking. That is, IF they were up to something.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Will find out later mate!Plenty of charge in the camera,it might be overcast here but light will be good enough for a quick forage in that field!

I just hope the farmer isnt around,there are no rights of way for the public to enter that field-so dont want to hang around for too long or the neighbours near there might phone up the boys in blue!

cheers for the reply mate-I didnt know were to put this thread to be honest!With the recent crop circles north of me and the unusualy long hovering it felt like it belonged this side of the board

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 03:05 AM
link   
OK,managed to get there in daylight yesterday evening.Having looked at the google map of the area the day before I could tell there were not going to be any pretty designs on the ground!

The whole field of grass was cut very short!the colour apeared even across the area,no brown patches,indentations or anything that didnt look like it belonged there.

It was chucking it down with rain,so it was a quick vistit-but I could tell if walked all over the field I wouldnt have seen anything

They must have been searching for someone,and can only conclude that a VIP(politician,army/navy,government agency)lives near there as there isnt a chance in hell a chopper would spend so long hovering so later for that amount of time for any of the public!

Dont forget I was actualy in the field he was over for 20 mins,it was very dark and NO police were to be seen.They must have long gone,but for some reason the pilot wasnt!

Will update this if the local news says anything

thanks for readind everyone,have a great weekend

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Hey!

excellent work for following it up. Thanks for looking into it for us all.

Cheers,

Aelf

OK,managed to get there in daylight yesterday evening.Having looked at the google map of the area the day before I could tell there were not going to be any pretty designs on the ground!

The whole field of grass was cut very short!the colour apeared even across the area,no brown patches,indentations or anything that didnt look like it belonged there.

It was chucking it down with rain,so it was a quick vistit-but I could tell if walked all over the field I wouldnt have seen anything

They must have been searching for someone,and can only conclude that a VIP(politician,army/navy,government agency)lives near there as there isnt a chance in hell a chopper would spend so long hovering so later for that amount of time for any of the public!

Dont forget I was actualy in the field he was over for 20 mins,it was very dark and NO police were to be seen.They must have long gone,but for some reason the pilot wasnt!

Will update this if the local news says anything

thanks for readind everyone,have a great weekend

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 04:03 AM
link   
This does not seem that odd to me, they hover over my place all the time waiting for either clearance to land at the local airport, when searching for someone, or when screwing around. Police pilots do screw around and practice with their equipment all the time between jobs.

You mentioned someone fleeing, good to see that you thought of that because it was the first thing that entered my mind as well. I have been near scenes multiple times were the perp was cornered in some area while the police used FLIR to smoke out their location just as you mentioned. Going toward a police chopper in a situation like that is a good way to end up either arrested as a suspect, or as a hostage in a car jacking by the fleeing person. Basically, not something you should have done just to get a picture for a UFO forum.

They might also have been searching with FLIR for a missing/endangered person, or dead body. Then again, they might have been practicing, or just screwing around. Why not ask the police department if something was going on in that area last night.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
mate i am out in the countryside,no airports for MILES,and the nearest army base is MILES away.They NEVER hover over a field for hours on end late at night with a houses right near the chopper

Just been playing in my local village and the singer who lives closer to that field than I do said they were looking for a stolen car!

But refueled and came back later!lol

They should have let me know,I could have walked around that field in under ten mins and old them there wasnt one in it!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join