It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

proof America is AT LEAST split 50\50 on 911

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Vinveezy

"Also several of the men who allegedly hijack the plain turned up to be alive and well. look at this video

www.youtube.com..."

::MASSIVE FACEPALM::

Please take some time to read some debunking sites. I mean...c'mon. Do you have the addresses of any of these "alive" hijackers. I would like to contact them. I know Kevin Barrett tried. Maybe I could have more success.

[edit on 8-7-2009 by conrad x]

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by zysin5

The video is now working. sorry i don't know why it took to long to work.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Vinveezy

Do you have those addresses for me?

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Whats the point of this ? .... what are you trying to prove ?? ..... polls, polls, ....... I could rig a poll to show that 96% of americans think that cucumbers taste better pickled.

.... Or a poll to show that 80 % of Arkansas farmers have NOT ... had sex with goats......... yet we all know this would be misleading.

..... so in the end, what does it really accomplish.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoodOlDave
If these are online Internet polls then they are horribly unrealistic. Whenever such polls over controversial subjects pop up, and this is for any controversial subject, not just over 9/11, the word quickly gets out among one side or the other to "log onto this site and cast your vote", which completely skews the population of the vote.

Please cite prior instances where this has happened, Dave.

Please show, using statistics, where you can determine that significant variation from the 'true result' can be proven.

If you can't do so, then we can accept your claim as your uninformed opinion, that lacks any factual merit.

Originally posted by GoodOlDave
I don't believe in these 9/11 conspiracies and I have yet to hear of even ONE poll on the subject, much less be asked to vote in one.

You are one person, out of a larger population sample of over six billion people. I'm not surprised that you haven't heard of any 9/11 polls.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Classified Info

Yes it's bad science because said so.

Thread closed.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by conrad x

not off the top of my head. if u just dig a little u will wind mroe proof. i like how u debunkers ask for information to be handed to you. here why don't YOU do some resaerch.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by IntastellaBurst

i just posted this because debunkers always say no one thinks 911 is an inside job. well that video proves that wrong.and yes some one might have tampered with those pools but look at how many their are. u honestly cant think that every pool is rigged. lets say 2of those are. well we have many more.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vinveezy
reply to post by IntastellaBurst

i just posted this because debunkers always say no one thinks 911 is an inside job. well that video proves that wrong.and yes some one might have tampered with those pools but look at how many their are. u honestly cant think that every pool is rigged. lets say 2of those are. well we have many more.

By looking at Alexa ratings, strangly, the most popular 9/11 truth sites are woefully slow in web traffic.

How slow? Barney.com (yes, the preschool purple dinosaur) is more popular than all of the truther sites on the graph...COMBINED.

What's funny is most Barney fans are too young to even get online...

Link:

www.alexa.com...

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Taxi-Driver

This doesn't mean anything so I hope you weren't trying to make a point.

Can you find any 9/11 site that pulls more traffic? Maybe people just care more about Barney then 9/11 in general...

Or maybe 'truthers' use more generalized sites.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   

By looking at Alexa ratings, strangly, the most popular 9/11 truth sites are woefully slow in web traffic.

Interesting in seeing you spend your time on Alex Jones website monitoring their traffic numbers. Funny you of all people who spout that Alex is a disinformationist you sure show how you are watching their website for high traffic. What is the problem? Afraid that more people are waking up to the truth and it is not the OS that they are waking up too anymore.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 04:19 AM
link   
I dunno what to say, I pointed out a scientific poll and that wasn't good enough. If you don't believe in polls what are you even doing in this thread?

"I can totally debunk what you're saying because polls are wrong".

Ok we're sorry we thought for ourselves and questioned authority. We got the idea off a record anyway. It was a bad idea, we're going home now.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by impressme

Interesting in seeing you spend your time on Alex Jones website monitoring their traffic numbers.

What? Do you even understand how the Alexa site works? All you need is the web address and you compare sites. It really doesn't take hours of tireless monitoring.

Funny you of all people who spout that Alex is a disinformationist you sure show how you are watching their website for high traffic.

Where have I stated this? And really all you have to do is typ in the web address, you do not even have to visit the actual site yourself.

What is the problem? Afraid that more people are waking up to the truth and it is not the OS that they are waking up too anymore.

Not really, I think it is amusing that people tout this huge following yet, the actual web hits indicate that a insignificant purple dinosaur is many times more popular. Nothing more, nothing less.

You should see what happens if you compare the most popular truther sites to Hotwheels.com.

The reason I don't is because you cannot even see the truth sites at the bottom of the graph. Hot Wheels is something like 100 times more popular.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nickmare

This doesn't mean anything so I hope you weren't trying to make a point.

Can you find any 9/11 site that pulls more traffic? Maybe people just care more about Barney then 9/11 in general...

Or maybe 'truthers' use more generalized sites.

Or perhaps there just aren't that many active truthers. By looking at meet-up numbers and attendance at truther events. The indication is that less than .001% of the population still actively pursues this conspiracy.

I would say this site is one of the last bastions of signifigant truther activity, PrisonPlanet being another. And really if you notice there is a relatively small core group that does the lionshare of the posting.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Good way to avoid the fact that you are using logical fallacies to prove a point, and then make up some stat.

Even if you were right people don't have to devote their life to something in order for them to have a belief about it. I don't go to any 9/11 truth sites, or do any truther stuff on this site, but I don't believe the official story.

It's like trying to determine the amount of racists in America based off of how many go to white supremacist sites. Or how many people hate Barney. There are more then go to related sites.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by tezzajw

Please cite prior instances where this has happened, Dave.

Certainly. A few years back, CNN (or least I think it was CNN) had an online poll asking whether or not owning a gun is a) a deterrent to crime, or b) only causes more problems. HOW did I find out about it? I was on a pro-gun web site forum where someone posted "hey, here's an online poll on CNN asking about gun ownership. Go over and vote." So, I did, and thus, the vote would up being somethign ridiculous like 80% voted A and 20% voted B. I forget the actual percentages, but you get the idea. I will be the first to admit I would LOVE to believe that 80% are pro gun, but I know full well from seeing the crap legislation coming out of Washington that this is pretty unlikely.

Likewise, I saw in an abortion discussion forum inviting pro-choice people to vote in an abortion poll, but that wasn't a battle flag I fight under, so I didn't bother.

Please show, using statistics, where you can determine that significant variation from the 'true result' can be proven.

There is no way such statistics can be tracked becuase it's entirely dependent on how well the population being sampled can be controlled, and on internet polls, there are no controls. It's a given that more people are going to hear of such online polls than simply the people who log onto the site and stumble across it, and the more controversial the subject, the more likely the zealots on one side or the other of the controversy are goign to skew the sample. If I held a poll on a white supremacist website asking whether black people should be deported back to Africa, just what kind of results do YOU think I'd get?

...and no, I don't have any statistics that would show white surpremacists really would vote to deport black people to Africa. With some things you're just going to have close the statistics book and accept at face value.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nickmare

Good way to avoid the fact that you are using logical fallacies to prove a point, and then make up some stat.

What fallacy would that be? I am looking at numbers. Attendance numbers, web hit numbers, networking numbers. The data seems to be reasonably consistent.

Even if you were right people don't have to devote their life to something in order for them to have a belief about it. I don't go to any 9/11 truth sites, or do any truther stuff on this site, but I don't believe the official story.

That is why I intentionally used the word "active." I don't understand the mindset of passive truthers.. It is like saying you are convinced that the 9/11 attacks were carried out by Americans against Americans but you are just OK with that.. "I'll shout it from the mountaintop..if someone brings me a mountain"..

It's like trying to determine the amount of racists in America based off of how many go to white supremacist sites.

Fair enough. GREAT comparison by the way.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Taxi-Driver

That is why I intentionally used the word "active." I don't understand the mindset of passive truthers.. It is like saying you are convinced that the 9/11 attacks were carried out by Americans against Americans but you are just OK with that.. "I'll shout it from the mountaintop..if someone brings me a mountain"..

First, I'm Canadian. 2nd, even if I was American, there are too many issues in this world...you can't judge someone for not actively pursuing each one of his beliefs. Every person has an opinion on a multitude of things.

And I'm pessimistic...I don't believe anything can be done in the 9/11 truth movement. I think it is another JFK. Even if you strongly believe something like this, it doesn't matter. The only people that can really have an impact are those that had a role in the events.

What would you do if you believed the government was hiding the truth of 9/11?

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by conrad x
reply to post by JPhish

Youre sure of that?

absolutely

What evidence do you have?

how am i to provide evidence for something that didn't happen?

There were phone calls from loved ones made from those flights.
i'm sorry but cellphones didn't work from airplanes back then. Only later were cellphones capable of making and receiving calls from airplanes. Those phone calls were not made from an airplane.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
No, 50/50 is not correct ... just about everyone knows something isnt right about 911 at least 60 - 70%. and 10% of whats left could care less. and the last 10% is just weird, like whats 911 kind of brain dead stuff.
the ones I run into that truely believe the guilty have been bombed into the stone age... just dont get it... they have family in the military etc...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join