It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Debate Anyone???

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by Sol12

No, that isn't speculation. That's reasonable. There are stars which produce such great amounts of hard radiation that molecules cannot form, that complete atoms cannot exist except at very great distances from the star.

But this does not have anything to do with the rarity or abundance of life. It just means that there are some places where life is not. There are myriad places where it can be and probably is.

But probability is not evidence, which is what the poster I was replying to claimed.

Okay, let's call it reasonable speculation.

When considering an almost infinite Universe,
the numbers end up big, no matter how small
you estimate the probability of Life.

But the numbers will probably remain relatively small
when compared with the size of the (known) Universe.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Sol12

Again...
I never claimed (nor speculated) that life is rare in the galaxy (much less the entire universe). Life may or may not be rare. Probabilities don't tell us that.

It's extremely unlikely that I would pull five royal flushes in consecutive hands but it could happen. Just as it's unlikely that life does not exist elsewhere, but it could be true.

[edit on 7/6/2009 by Phage]

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 01:57 AM
link   

reply to post by Sol12

Again...
I never claimed (nor speculated) that life is rare in the galaxy (much less the entire universe). Life may or may not be rare. Probabilities don't tell us that.

It's extremely unlikely that I would pull five royal flushes in consecutive hands but it could happen. Just as it's unlikely that life does not exist elsewhere, but it could be true.

[edit on 7/6/2009 by Phage]

I think the 'world of probability' goes beyond numbers.

but to you that may be pure speculation.

Numbers only imply reality.

They are not reality.

My point is that we do not know what Life really is,
therefore we can only speculate about the rarity of it
in the galaxy or in the Universe.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by soldier8828
reply to post by TheMythLives

well lets start where i first started getting interested with all this....one name...alex collier......another name im really interested with is nassim haramein...i think thats how you spell his name.

these are 2 names that rang lots of bells for me

i believe

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 04:01 AM
link   
I am a firm believer that alien life exists in the universe. I also believe that they have the technology to visit this planet.There are far to many unexplainable sightings that bares this out.

If we were capable of putting man into space using very basic technology in the 60s then what could we be doing in 500-1000 years time?

Man is very young from a universal point of view and other races could have been at our stage today 1000s of years ago.

Its mind boggling stuff. but i love it

regards
Steve

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
JK,

Thank you for finding that old thread of mine. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if people don't read it, lol.

I did go there myself and reread what I wrote and its right there wouldn't change a thing.

I noticed I wrote about making people see that the Planets and the Moons are all the wrong sizes for one another and that still stands, I hope someone understand that some day.

The only thing I would update would be this.

A few months ago I had a flash and what I was shown was a map area, it was of South America. I will call it the hump of Brazil.... I saw a huge red circle (like on the IRIS map for earthquake) that came inland slightly to Brazil and out toward the Ridge with another red circle and connected to the first large but not quite as large as the first that took it all the way to the Mid-Atlantic Ridge. I also saw a star incased in a circle just offshore of that hump of Brazil.

Several weeks later I had another flash and all I can say this was worst then the last I just wrote about.

The entire hump of Africa all the way toward the Ridge was encased a huge red circle and I had the feeling of DREAD instantly.

First I need to thank again JK for posting my thread and if it does get read by members here I will say from the things I have seen what I am getting from everything (and I could be totally wrong on this and in time made to look bad) is what will happen is volcanoes will erupt at the exact same time causing huge Tsunami's on the West Coast (could also cause radio active volcanic eruptions) and these Earthquakes I just wrote about will (I don't know this is right word) collaspe somewhat the Mid-Atlantic Ridge Fault causing huge Tsunami's going all the way up the Atlantic Coast of the USA.

If and when I don't know but I say anytime from now to or by March 17, 2046.

As you know since you have read some of the things I wrote, time will tell and whatever is to be will be however, I know it will not be extinction as it has been before because they are here and helping to make things less disasterous even though it will be bad.

I know the core has slowed about ten percent and there are magnetic anomalies in many places but NASA has showed magnetic anomalies going across South America out to the Ridge toward Africa and it is funny that that plane went down in that general area.

I want people to know I am not here trying to cause fear even though what I have written is horrible. I do not know if/when this will happen but I will say from the things I have experienced in my human life time the connections are right on as I see it.

All I can repeat is by March 17, 2046

I wish I knew if/what I was shown years ago would change what they showed me, meaning if the peoples of this Planet worked together to help one another and cleaned our air, water, soil. They told me we needed to Plant trees in mass this would clean our air and also repair the Ozone layer could we do these simple things , I don't know all I know is whatever is to be, will be.

Again I repeat there words,

You try to hard through Science to prove things, use logic and common sense ......... the answers are the simplist the ones you always overlook.

I must admit when dealing with this I do feel as if I am on both sides looking in at times. Trying to make correct connections is difficult but no matter what..... I do feel it is better to share freely then not to.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   

reply to post by Maj35t1cI2

Thank you for the stimulating retort.
Your debating skills are awesome.

I wasn't responding to you einstein lol. I was talking to the guy posting on the first few pages of this thread with the cowboy-like avatar idk his name. But if you disagree with anything I've said I'd like to know what...

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Maj35t1cI2

There you see. See how easy it is to avoid that sort of misunderstanding? Without some indication of just what it is you're replying to, it's kind of difficult to know it was to a post "on the first few pages".

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Maybe i need to send some of my aliens friends around to your place to give you a visit one night ,would that change your opinion-(ONLY JOKING)Of course if your on the aliens abduction list then they will becoming for you again and again,and again,and again.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
One thing you might consider opening up to is that all life forms somewhat like ourselves (two eyes, nose, mouth...etc.) DO NOT need exactly what we need to survive.

You might want to consider that the Planets and Moons out there might be holding large civilizations within them and we might even want to consider black holes many talk about could be vents and this human race could be within this Planet not on it.

We can't believe everything we have been told and Science isn't right on everything that for sure.

My point is we need to look at things much differently then we ever have before, heck let your brains fall out a little.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
The debate whether man exists in other uniforms besides this one, well would be not much a debate to exist in other planets our whole genome would have to be altered depending on the planets density, and the sun's gravitational pull.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I'm sure I'm gonna take a beating for this one....but anyways, here goes.

I just don't understand how people can not come to grips that life exists outside of our little planet. I mean...have you actually factored in the numbers? I'm not saying aliens are here, or whatever. Just merely saying that common sense is lacking from people who do not accept the numbers. Something along the lines of 10,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 stars(source)in our known universe. So your looking at a number well above that for planets.People completely throw common sense out the window when it comes to life else where in our universe.

I'm not saying ET's are here, or that was a UFO that flew over my house yesterday. But people are so ignorant when it comes to the simple fact of life outside our planet. Don't ask me for proof, obviously I don't have it, and you have every right to call me ignorant for believing life exists outside of our planet;HOWEVER, I have what most do not have....COMMON SENSE!

let the beating begin...

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by chiron613

Some compelling evidence is bob white's object he claimed fell from a ufo, there is a thread on this forum about it.

The object looks extra-terrestrial and is an advanced alloy we cannot reproduce which contains lots of silver. Apparently having super-conductive properties ideal for space travel. some believe it is advanced nano-machines.

Also there is a ex-top secret document released due to freedom of information showing an identical object, the document claimed that it had been recovered from a ufo.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 04:28 AM
link   
I also have seen that alien strange blob of metal that was ejected from the craft as it accelerated upwards.

I think if there was no evidence of Aliens visiting this planet, then we would not even speculate about them visiting us.

The fact that we even suggest there is life out there is sufficient enough to even suggest there is some half truths to the idea, i mean what gave us the idea in the first place? were did it come from? I dont think we just thought of it out of thin air, there must of been good reason for the idea in the first place imo. I think maybe we have been visited in the past as there is enough evidence written in history to suggest it. God like beings from other worlds, Angels and demons. Strange flying machines in the bible and all that. The thousands upon thousands of witness testomony over our entire history as a civilization.

Solar systems similar to ours
Evolution/Intelligent Design
Cave/Canvas Paintings
Biblical/Religious refrences
Witness Observation testimony
UFO photo/video
Military/Goverment whistle blowers
Astronauts even...

Even if some of it is bull [snip] there is still alot of evidence pointing to the fact that they do and have existed for as long as we have been here.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Well, I can say from personal experience that at least UFO's exist, I'm not saying that what I saw was piloted by aliens, but I witnessed an object/craft that was not conventional. Therefore, for me anyway, it couldn’t be identified.

I believe that the building blocks for intelligent life to develop would be abundant in the universe. The real hurdle is the vast distances involved.
Of the over 200 extra solar planets discovered the majority are gas giants, the rocky planets Gliese581e and d lie on both the inner and outer edge of what is considered to be "the habitable zone". One being 5 times warmer than Earth and the other much too cool to support life we would deem intelligent. But with the Kepler telescope, which is designed to detect "Earth-like" planets, perhaps if one is discovered it could harbour an advanced civilisation? You never know.

No one can be certain that we are alone in the universe because we have only just begun to explore it. At least to support the "we are not alone" argument there is some intriguing reports from credible sources eg those cases listed by jkrog. There’s also some intriguing, yet inconclusive footage and photographs, also government documents, allegedly authenticated, released through the Freedom Of Information Act, which lend more weight to this argument.

Personally, I believe that life exists somewhere out there in the vast cosmos, and I’m of the belief that some UFO reports are of genuine craft not from this world. But I guess we shouldn't cry alien unless we actually see one.
One thing I am certain of however, is that there are craft out there exhibiting some exciting technology.

By the way, if it hasn't been covered in a previous thread I recommend looking into the Frederick Valentich disappearance for a detailed and very disturbing case. I think it ranks among the most significant pilot UFO cases of all time.

[edit on 10-7-2009 by StevesResearch]

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Still waiting for ET to land on the white house lawn....guess until then......

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by soldier8828

actually, we do have lasers to cut stone

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by anahmal3

oh didnt know that...havnt herd of any technology that was capable of this....and when i say laser preciseness i mean a 10 to 20 ton stone(s) that fit perfectly with eachother that can be dated to be older than the pyramids.....can you explain that?

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join