It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Debate Anyone???

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Muzzleflash,

I agree with JK I would like to hear what you know. Maybe you should start a thread of your own.

Thanks JK, are you talking about my thread titled My life with an Alien Soul. If anyone wants to know about that thread they can use the search area right here on ATS or U2U me and I will get the link for anyone interested.

There are so many pieces to this puzzle of existance it just boggles my mind.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by observe50

Yup, that one.Sorry, it is just so great I have to post the link, hope you don't mind!

My life with an Alien Soul

[edit on 7/5/2009 by jkrog08]

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

LOL, true but he is not a mod! He is a FSME...lol

what is FSME?

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

thank you as i am reading all of your repliesmost are really good pointsand as i would like for more people to make an oppissite argument....this IS a debate and would like to hear from both sides....

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

There is something else you will not believe, but I will expose you to the idea anyway: many "ships" are actually sentient consciousness, and the human body itself has this capability, even if only as an extremity of potential.

wow this is reallly interesting and have never heard anything quite like this idea above and would like to see a link to whatever you might have available.

thanks

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by altered_states

I think you will find there is more compelling evidence that ET`s/UFO`s do exist than dont, just think there are roughly 100 billion stars in our galaxy and 100 billion observable galaxys in the universe, hmmmm I shall say no more

excellent reply looove it

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by danielsil18

What we need is a picture of an alien. The chances of aliens being accidently created are almost impossible.

We need proof to know for sure.

id like to thin that the majority of humankind has seen "something" as far as an alien picture BUT it could be a real picture of an alien but still photoshopped. I have takin photo shop classes in highschool and CGD classes as well working with maya and others and what i think is really good evidence is Billy mier meir dont know how to speel his name but anyways claims to have video and REAL pics of alien planets not just in our solar system that were taken way before any technology even existed......therefore i beilieve thats good enough proof for me....

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by soldier8828
reply to post by jkrog08

LOL, true but he is not a mod! He is a FSME...lol

what is FSME?

FSME is a Forum Subject Matter Expert, staff appointed members who show excellent knowledge in a particular field. They have the ability to applaud members for posts or threads. They also carry high respect among the ATS community.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I definitely believe in alien life and more specifically intelligent alien life.

The ingredients for life seem to be everywhere in the universe. If the universe is 14 billion years old just imagine the head start an alien civilization could have on us here on earth. We currently have theories to travel faster than light based on our current physics etc... Now fast forward one hundred years, one thousand years, one million years, one billion years. If we don't destroy ourselves and if we aren't destroyed by some external source I am sure FTL will become a reality.

Have or are they visiting here? We can currently detect planets orbiting other stars and are able to tell if they have the signature of life. I am sure we are only going to get better at it! How much better do you think we will be in X number of years?

Why hasn't SETI found signals from an advanced alien civilization? Probably because they have no idea what to look for. If I want to communicate with a civilization 50 million light years away I am sure as heck not going to use a method that travels at the speed of light or slower!!! Can you imagine the 100 million year conversation that would produce?? Anyone Home? --> 50 million years --> Sup dude! --> 50 million years. Its ridiculous!!

Everything hinges on FTL. FTL could be like the internet for us. Get FTL and join millions of other civilizations.

The question isn't "Do Aliens Exist?" but rather "How Many Exist?". How common is life and intelligent life? Maybe "are they visiting here?" should be "how many are visiting here?"

Sorry if I wandered a bit... my first time posting on a message board.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   

reply to post by jkrog08

thank you as i am reading all of your replies most are really good points and as i would like for more people to make an opposite argument....this IS a debate and would like to hear from both sides....

From what side? The non believers? LOL, good luck, there are not many people left in the world who do not believe in aliens.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Adum2099

Everything hinges on FTL. FTL could be like the internet for us. Get FTL and join millions of other civilizations.

I loved that statement...

Welcome to ATS and have your first star on me!

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   

I think you will find there is more compelling evidence that ET`s/UFO`s do exist than dont, just think there are roughly 100 billion stars in our galaxy and 100 billion observable galaxys in the universe, hmmmm I shall say no more

That is not evidence. At best you are presenting probabilities. High probabilities but still, probabilities.

Of course it's important to remember that a great many of those stars in the Milky Way (probably closer to 200 billion) are extremely unlikely to provide a haven for life in any form. That still leaves a lot that could, but the huge majority are at unimaginable distances (this gets way, way worse when talking about other galaxies) which becomes problematic if you are discussing visitors to Earth. Still, the Drake equation is not evidence (you need to be careful with the words you use), it is a stab at coming up with empirical probabilities but it makes a lot of assumptions and includes a lot of unknowns.

Alien life? Sure, it's probably there. You would have a hard time finding any educated person denying the possibility or even the probability. But there is no evidence of it. Only speculation.

[edit on 7/5/2009 by Phage]

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Well our Sun is a pretty common main sequence star of average size, there are a lot of stars like our Sun out there, even larger stars would still be able to harbor life, the planet would just have to be further away, or closer if it is a smaller star. But yes, it is all probability, it is just ignorant and illogical not to believe in other lifeforms in the infinite Universe(possibly multiverse).

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Wow, you took a long time to say nothing logical at all. Our "Science" is probably the most uncertain grouping of "facts" ever. Science makes NO SENSE as a whole, and it only seems to make sense when taken in indiviual factoids, if they can even be called that. All the facts and theories conderdict eachother. In the end science is just a comfort blanket to trick people into thinking they understand crap they don't. You sir are not as intelligent as you like to come off, and the "chances" of life are not chances, but fact. I've seen more than you'll ever wanna believe as far as "little green men" go, and I don't care if you believe me or not, I have no reason to lie though. Life doesn't have to be carbon-based btw... I suggest you use that wonderful instrument called a brain more prominently from now on skeptic. Have a nice day...

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Maj35t1cI2

Thank you for the stimulating retort.
Your debating skills are awesome.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

That is not evidence. At best you are presenting probabilities. High probabilities but still, probabilities.

Of course it's important to remember that a great many of those stars in the Milky Way (probably closer to 200 billion) are extremely unlikely to provide a haven for life in any form. That still leaves a lot that could, but the huge majority are at unimaginable distances (this gets way, way worse when talking about other galaxies) which becomes problematic if you are discussing visitors to Earth. Still, the Drake equation is not evidence (you need to be careful with the words you use), it is a stab at coming up with empirical probabilities but it makes a lot of assumptions and includes a lot of unknowns.

Alien life? Sure, it's probably there. You would have a hard time finding any educated person denying the possibility or even the probability. But there is no evidence of it. Only speculation.

[edit on 7/5/2009 by Phage]

Hi Phage,

I would say the evidence for
extra-terrestrial Life is overwhelming,
for anyone who cares to truly study and
ponder the subject, and knows how to connect dots.

Just because you may not have witnessed 'real proof',
that doesn't mean that the proof does not exist?

Nor does it mean that
there are not any other people
who do know the truth and have seen proof?

And what is Life?

Do you think really we have any idea?

What is Life?
What is Consciousness?
What is Matter?

It is pure speculation to assume that Life is rare in the Universe.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sol12

It is pure speculation to assume that Life is rare in the Universe.

Did I speculate that it is?

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

reply to post by Phage

This is speculation:

"Of course it's important to remember that a great
many of those stars in the Milky Way (probably closer to 200 billion)
are extremely unlikely to provide a haven for life in any form."

I agree, that is not the Universe.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Sol12

No, that isn't speculation. That's reasonable. There are stars which produce such great amounts of hard radiation that molecules cannot form, that complete atoms cannot exist except at very great distances from the star.

But this does not have anything to do with the rarity or abundance of life. It just means that there are some places where life is not. There are myriad places where it can be and probably is.

But probability is not evidence, which is what the poster I was replying to claimed.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Come on now everyone knows about Aliens, they dont even want to be hidden just a couple of days ago my friend shapeshifted in front of me
I was freaked out but then a couple of grays came out Ri, Zark, and John
they explained everything with their telepahty and I always knew About my friend Willy the 6 ft. Nord.
Aliens...

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join