It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

14 YO girl shot in head with a taser!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Ferris.Bueller.II

Jeeze, sounds like the mother didn't have it in her to hit her child. Or scared of DSS or something.

I know if I had a son and he wanted to throw blows he would learn his lesson real quick.

There are all kinds of things wrong with this story.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Let me calm down first.Lets see who to smack the crap out of first.The over controlling parent who needed police aid over a cell phone(?)or the nazi american protectecting us from these cellfone desparados.Off topic aside i asked for police assisitance in a dispute with with drunken neighbor.As the 6'5 3 michigan cops came(after 3hrs)they me in my hall with my garbage bag in hand and an empty can of air freshener."So tryin to cover up the weed eh?"I told the behemoths to leave my building immediatly or shoot me.I also made some very bad put downs of michigan police and cattle relationships which i DID apologize for...before they hightailed their steiroid faschist asses off.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
By some of the posts in this thread, I'm starting to question how many of you are already brainwashed by the state.

It's as if some of you fellow ATS'rs are "Denying" you are ignorant when you are, in fact, ignorant.

What I am *not* ignorant of is the slow and steady warping of justice in this country. This case is one of them.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

I cannot blame the cops.

After all, it is usually the right decision to taze Americans.

That is what I would do. Though I would wire the tazer to a nuclear power plant.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Again I feel compelled to point out Tucumcari is not some intercity gang banging hood... this is a small little sleeply town on the old route 66 Highway, town kind of half died when they bypassed it with the interstate...

Now I know the town because I use to go through it on my way to Ute lake. I can say three years ago I got caught doing 144 mph at 2am in my Trans AM and had to pay $120 cash only fine.... I don't think it was the same dude who got me, he was a young chubby 20ish... they didn't want to punish me they just wanted my $120... I know as when I paid the clerk he said "Pleasure doing with ya".

Statements like ran into oncoming traffic bug me because this part of the world is so sparsely populated people wave to each other as they pass in their cars because its kind of a surprise to see another car on the road...

Okay I'm not a cop and I don't know what their day is like But I am a grown man retired Marine and now grandparent.. I cant for the life of me see any healthy grown man needing to taser a 14yo boy or girl...If my kids had pitched a fit over the phone they would have had trouble sitting for a week!
Admittedly there have been time when a smart mouthed teen really got to bugging me and I would have loved to taser them in the head just to watch them twitch, but your the adult you take a calm breath, then take the high road. that's what being a parent and an adult are all about...

I think this guy over steeped his bounds went way to far regardless of what he thought she was not a fleeing felon nor posing a risk to life and limb

[edit on 4-7-2009 by DaddyBare]

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
The whole country needs to go back to the drawing board on taser policy.

It is my opinion that a taser should be used only as an alternative to deadly force and where deadly force cannot be justified, neither should a taser.

Clearly, there would be no justification for shooting this child with a firearm, so there should be no reason for the officer to have used his taser.

[edit on 2009/7/4 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
As much as I can't stand the police, i have to say that for a parent to have absolutely NO control over their child at all or means of negotiating is just bad parenting from the beginning.

The parent should've been tasered....twice for the stupididty of bringing the kid to a police dept for the discipline she failed to provide from birth which led to the daughter's behavior in the first place.

And yes I'm a parent.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by JulieMills

Heres the difference. If she gets run over, its not his fault.. But if she gets shot in the head? Yeah that's preetty much his fault.

And what if he caused brain damage to her? She may have been better off getting hit by a car crash if he turns into a half veggie.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   

The girl should immediately refer the matter to the State Police for investigation. That's the proper authority to complain to in this matter. The State Police.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
So let me get this straight about the incident.

He shot a a fourteen year old in the head with an object that carries somewhere in the neghborhood of twenty to twenty-five thousand volts of electricity. Is it just me or was this cop not properly trained whatsoever on how to use this weapon. I could see shooting her in the leg with a taser, but in the head.
What was this cop thinking when he made this brainy desicion? If this girl has a full recovery from this, she's not going to be the same afterwards. Also, if I were the girl's parents, not only would I sue the crap out of him, the police department, and the city as well.

The way I see it though is what if she dies in the hospital. Will this guy be charged or will the city find some excuse to get him out of it? If she were to die and I was the District Attorney, I would seek every possible charge against this man. This police chief should not get away scott free with this. This case should be turned over to either the County Sheriff or turned over to the New Mexico State Police for further investigation.

It's stories like this that give the good cops bad raps.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Ah man! - He missed her eyeballs... If he had got one dart in each eye ball I bet both of them would of exploded!

I bet the cop was fat and stupid, couldn't catch a 14 year old brat? I would of brat slapped the phone out of her hand before she had chance to ignore me twice... Oh wait this is in America, that would get me a one way ticket to Guantanamo Bay detention camp for being a freedom hating child slapping common senseilist.

p.s. I am going to put a patent on the term 'brat slapped' - that's mine, I invented it, you all saw

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   
oh my god. the cop should be killed, the girl should be givin infinite money by the fake economy, and anybody who opposes should realize that we as humans are doing nothing, stuck in a bit of a circle, and it wouldn't really matter if we were to kill 90% of the population, if anything it would help!

OHHH S**T! i just realized something!

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
This is one of 2 things:
1) this shows how out of shape COPS are; or,
2) How out of control cops are.

Take your pick!

Was this action justified? HE(double hockey sticks) NO!

way to go fattie...your bonus doughnut is waiting for you and can be claimed at ANY of Duncan Doughnuts 3,000 US locations.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   
They just need to get rid of tazers. That is the only answer to this problem. It really comes down to the analogy that if your only tool is a hammer then every problem looks like a nail.

Tazers are equated with a "non-lethal", well that is how it is PR'ed at least, when in actuality they are less than lethal. I'm not saying they have their legitimate uses. But honestly the legitimate uses for the tazer is also a legitimate use for the use of lethal force.

Such as knife wielding suspects trying to attack the cops. Besides the cops seem to have gotten along just fine for decades before these things came along. Technology is not always the answer.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hastobemoretolife

Tazers are equated with a "non-lethal", well that is how it is PR'ed at least, when in actuality they are less than lethal.

BIG star for you...that is the short and skinny of it! Cops have been trained in this "NONLETHAL" means to an end...but not taught when this potentially LETHAL method SHOULD be used. Traffic stops and simple domestic disputes are not the platform to push this weaponry. FACT: tazers CAN and ARE lethal...and Debilitating. EVERYONE should press their local PD to drop this technology...or at a MINIMUM, ask that ALL officers be RETRAINED to use it with MUCH MORE DISCRETION than they do now.

[edit on 4-7-2009 by Aggie Man]

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Well they will not have to worry about her talking on a cell phone any more. With 50,000 volts ran into her head her brain is now pudding. She will be lucky to be able to talk at all ever again. Does anyone know if she is awake yet? She may be "brain dead". Either way the little girl they knew is gone forever. What they get back if she lives will be a total stranger to them.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Mom: "stop talking on the fone!"
Daughter: "hell no!"
Mom: "your going to jail missy"

What the hell is wrong with ppl?
Going to the police to settle a dispute over a fone!
Good god

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Theomi
Mom: "stop talking on the fone!"
Daughter: "hell no!"
Mom: "your going to jail missy"

What the hell is wrong with ppl?
Going to the police to settle a dispute over a fone!
Good god

There you go...it was simply a way of the parent getting "documentation" of an unauthorized call not made by the primary account holder...get it documented...otherwise the cell phone co. will charge you for it! Hope the "authorized account holder" enjoys the hospital bill!

[edit on 4-7-2009 by Aggie Man]

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Jesus Christ. Fire the dum@#% right now, no questions should be asked. In fact, I believe criminal charges should be filed against the moron.

And on top of that, I hope this family sues the pants off the city for their STUPIDITY.

You go to the police to help you control your daughter and they send her to intensive care with the possibility of brain damage.

It's cases like this that we should be taking to the streets demanding justice, this is single handedly the worse case of taser abuse I have ever read.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Moronic #hithook. Put your gun down, put your badge down and leave the state.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join