It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could We Fight a Foreign Attack on U.S. Soil?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Early this morning, as I was embracing my insomnia, I got to thinking about the increasing numbers of various doomsday and global war scenarios that have been floating around ATS the past few months. You know the ones: Solar flares, earthquakes, brown dwarfs, alien attacks, nuclear detonations, biological disasters, influenza, and, most recently, Russia, China, and the SCO literally invading the U.S.

This most recent one, plus the fact that the madman in North Korea appears to be on a manic plane at the moment, plus the fact that I watched Pearl Harbor again way too late at night and was once again struck by how defenseless we were that day in a surprise attack, got me wondering.

So I ask you...if, with the majority of our troops and equipment deployed outside the U.S., with our people greatly desensitized, demoralized, divided, and in denial, could we and would we even fight back?

And I don't mean retaliate by nuking other nations here, which seems to be the visceral, go-to response by (in my opinion) far too many people in this country. I mean literal fighting on our land. What would happen? How would our military respond? Would we really have enough equipment, firepower, ammunition, bodies to put up a good fight?

Also, I don't mean a financial or economic war or blackmail or fast nuclear strikes...we all pretty much know where that would go. I mean a flat out, we're being invaded and bombed war. Kind of like Pearl Harbor.

Reassure me that we would ber able to or give me more things to really stay up late at night worrying about. Either way, what do you think?

(If this has been posted before, I couldn't find it...if you know where it is please just point me there. Most of what I found was more in the vein of our military turning on U.S citizens rather than defending them or discussions on the preparedness of our military to deploy to yet another global location outside the U.S. Also, if I've put it in the wrong forum, please move it. Thanks.)

[edit on 4-7-2009 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
The majority of the population wouldn't expect it. They would probably turn to our government for help.

But there are those, like the people of ATS who had an idea of something like this could happen. They will be the ones to stand and defend.

If we were to ever be attacked on our own soil, it would be government planned and responsible. And the people's duty to defend against enemies, foreign and domestic.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
If you look and read the military based forums as well as firearms forums there is a large number of people that do think an invasion is possible and are not waiting around, they are planning. It would make sense for China to be the country most likely to try this. As large as China is they are not a country with great resources other than soldiers as canon fodder! We are a ripe plumb and it would be foolish to think that this could never take place.

Zindo

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeTan
The majority of the population wouldn't expect it. They would probably turn to our government for help.

But there are those, like the people of ATS who had an idea of something like this could happen. They will be the ones to stand and defend.

If we were to ever be attacked on our own soil, it would be government planned and responsible. And the people's duty to defend against enemies, foreign and domestic.

That's part of what I fret about...that too many people are of the mindset that this could never happen to us and then will be stunned/shocked into immobility, indignation, and thoughtless responses much like what happened on 9/11 and in the aftermath.

That and again I worry about our actual, physical, military preparedness. I already know that the vast majority of Americans aren't prepared for a day without food and water and electricity, never mind potentially years. But I also still hold out SOME faith that they would respond and react in the "right" ways...form real communities, get to work helping the military and making ammo and the like, and stand and fight too.

I know all the scenarios about the government and black flags and false flags, but what I'm really more interested in here is do we have the firepower and the will to defeat an enemy attack like this?

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Vietnam wtfpwnd us and so did Iraq on home turf. And were not 3rd world. I'm not worried in the slightest.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
There is no foreign military power that could take and hold Texas let alone the rest of the United States. Forget it.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZindoDoone
If you look and read the military based forums as well as firearms forums there is a large number of people that do think an invasion is possible and are not waiting around, they are planning. It would make sense for China to be the country most likely to try this. As large as China is they are not a country with great resources other than soldiers as canon fodder! We are a ripe plumb and it would be foolish to think that this could never take place.

Zindo

Eek...I didn't know there were military and firearms based forums here. Thanks for telling me...I'll definately take a look. Do they answer any of my questions?

And I fully agree that an attack like this on U.S. soil...a full-blown invasion...is not outside the realm of probability.

China has us by the balls financially, so many might think they wouldn't need to do this, a physical ground and air invasion, but it could also just as well be the final phase in the takeover.

Heaven forbid Russia throw their weight into this. What's going on with the G-8 countries (or is it G-7 now or have they progressed to what was it G-22?) doesn't compare to what the NAU or the SCO could do to us.

When you say, they are planning (in the other forums) do you mean to fight or just to survive? Or both perhaps?

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by jprophet420
Vietnam wtfpwnd us and so did Iraq on home turf. And were not 3rd world. I'm not worried in the slightest.

I'm not sure what your comments about Vietnam and Iraq means? I'm aware we're not quite third world yet too. And I'm glad you're not worried.

But tell me WHY you're not worried? If this scenario were to unfold, what would happen?

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Mainer

Not Texas, no. However, they could take oklahoma, new mexico and louisianna. That gives them 3 bases to launch attacks from, it would be the alamo all over again. However, yes, holding it would be almost near impossible.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mainer
There is no foreign military power that could take and hold Texas let alone the rest of the United States. Forget it.

Nice bluster and great attitude! But are you aware of the weaponry and sheer volume of equipment and manpower China, for example has? Do not call me patriotic and pardon the analogy, but 1/10 of China's "firepower" could squash Texas like a cockroach. This coupled with a preweakening of our infrastructure and a few lucrative contracts like say the one China won to build that super highway in Texas and with some Chines communist nationals already on our soil...well let's just say I'm not as confident as you are. Though again, I admire the spunk.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Texas is a desert. The Chinese foot soldiers wouldn't last 3 days in our heat and humidity, they would go through supplies two times as fast as the militia, or national guard. Also, Texas has Lackland air force base. They would have to take huge losses if they wanted to attack Texas head on.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by LeTan

They're also already there, no? Think spies and such...they won some big contracts there for the deep ports from Mexico and the superhighway through Texas and AZ to Canada no? If I remember correctly, they are also using Chinese "labor ".

[edit on 4-7-2009 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Spies and infiltrators, maybe they are used to it, but the main army probably isn't. Though I have to wonder, if some of the forces are used to it due to training near or in the Gobi desert.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Spies and infiltrators, maybe they are used to it, but the main army probably isn't. Though I have to wonder, if some of the forces are used to it due to training near or in the Gobi desert.

I'm sure they probably have trained in the Gobi. I'd say the most vulnerable part of the U.S. might be Hawaii and Alaska and then the West Coast. But I guess, in the case of China, it all really depends on how reliable their purported weaponry is...long range, remote-controlled missiles. And I can't help remember how our defense contractors gave them a lot of our secrets when we hired them to build stuff for us.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
China of course isn't the only scenario...North Korean madmen, Russia insanity, or worst case scenario and alliance of the SCO and/or NAU nations are all also possibilities. Cuba leasing "oil stations" to China...us pissing off Perez enough to get him in league with our pretend friends and potential enemies...countries in the world who might possibly love to band together to wipe us out...and any of that ringing a bell?

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Texas is a desert. The Chinese foot soldiers wouldn't last 3 days in our heat and humidity, they would go through supplies two times as fast as the militia, or national guard. Also, Texas has Lackland air force base. They would have to take huge losses if they wanted to attack Texas head on.

And Pennsylvania is a rain forest in the summer and and miserable/well below freezing in the winter, and has the most guns in the WORLD. The FBI is right down the road, and many military bases. And I agree with everything you said about Texas.

To answer the question what do I think would happen? It would be guerilla warfare. Thats not exactly what I want out of life, but I believe in America to the core and would defend her with my life. Immortal Technique said it best IMHO..

They say the rebels in Iraq still fight for Saddam
But that's bull****, I'll show you why it's totally wrong
Cuz if another country invaded the hood tonight
It'd be warfare through Harlem, and Washington Heights
I wouldn't be fightin' for Bush or White America's dream
I'd be fightin' for my people's survival and self-esteem
I wouldn't fight for racist churches from the south, my *****
I'd be fightin' to keep the occupation out, my *****

They have roadside bombs that take out our military in Iraq. I don't want to encourage anyone but when the internet was rather young i read both the anarchist cookbook and the pyrotechnics cookbook, you can make some evil homemade ordinants and leave it at that.

Like I said im not looking forward to it but if it happened we would persevere.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   

"Reassure me that we would ber able to or give me more things to really stay up late at night worrying about. Either way, what do you think?"

Simple answer: No. No foreign power would attempt a forceful attack on the US mainland with the goal of occupation, annihilation.

Why would they have to attack in such a violent manner? The methodologies are already in place and active to step right in and take over without a shot fired or a bomb dropped. You just have to look at the current and recent past administrations to see that we are defeated already.

We, as a country are divided ideologically. When there are more on the side of de-weaponizing the populace, the take over will be complete.
Nikita Kruschev commented "We will bury you", his statement is not far from coming true. "not from without, but from within."

Get some sleep. Commrade. Big Brother watches over you...

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by jprophet420

I have no doubt Americans would fight however, wherever they needed to. Hell I would too. But how many would? Do you think our most densely populated areas would fare? The big cities. The states where they're more sitting ducks. I worry about them.

Also by saying this about the guerilla warfare, partisans, insurgency, are you also saying that out military might be stretched to thin? Or be too far away?

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Well, let's see, the numerous men and women training and being trained in the armed services that are CONUS, Veterans themselves, National Guard Units, Reserves, DHS, NSA, CIA, FBI, local Police, Sheriff, SWAT Teams, private contractors (Xe for example), other firearms training facility employees in an of themselves is a pretty big list of people to organize and resist on a professional level.

Now, factor in the level of guns sales (1.2 million in April alone) and the fact that ammunition manufacturers can't keep up with demand tells me that a large portion of the US population is very well armed and ready.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   

I should have made myself a bit clearer. Not on ATS but on other boards on the net. Sorry bout' that!
Zindo

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join