It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did a Scandal Sink the U.S.S. Palin?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by JulieMills
It cracks me up with all these lib news anchors freaking out and hyperventilating "why did she quit?? what is going on? something in her closet?"...

The lady told us exactly why she was stepping aside but her reason wasn't hollywood enough.."There's gotta be more!"

be afraid...be very afraid...

she ain't done yet!
is she up to something? "you betcha!"

Well the same could be said about all the conservatives going around claiming that anything Obama does, from his part in the bailout to the reformation of the healthcare system is seen as a power grab of near fascist proportions. You see the threads on here every day claiming that Obama's the Anti-Christ, the Neo Hitler, Stalin's bedfellow, the traitor, the islamofascist sleeper agent/president, closet muslim etc, the list only gets longer. Most of those arguments are based on assumption and sometimes on sheer paranoia. On the other hand, it's widely known that Palin has been quite short of honest in her ethical conduct while governor of Alaska.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I broke down and watched her resignation speech, even though I knew it would be several long minutes of nails on a chalkboard.

It was dangerously close to incoherent and whoever mentioned that she looked/acted nervous was right. It seems to me like she was chased up to that podium by something that frightened her.

And to those of you who are waving the "Palin is a Victim" flag, go ahead and label me as a big bad meany. The woman is dumber than the common salad bar. Any interview with her reveals that clearly. This speech solidifies that.

Why is it that some of the dumbest people have the largest and most unbreakable egos? Riddle me that.

Good riddance, I say. If the universe is fair and just, it will be the last anyone ever has to see or hear from her.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikerussellus
Yeah there are skeletons, issues with her.

Hiding her birth certificate
Sealing her college records
Breaking campaign promises
Hiring people in her cabinet who cheated on their taxes
Bowing to a Saudi Prince

[edit on 4-7-2009 by mikerussellus]

Both of Honolulu's major newspapers, the Advertiser and the Star-Bulletin published announcements in on August 4, 1961. If Obama can go back in time to 1961 to publish false birth announcements in two local newspapers, then hopefully he can convince your dad to use a condom so we don't have to listen to the same nonsense over and over again. Nobody hid anything.

www.snopes.com...

What do you want from his college records? Clubs, classes, grades? Seriously, do you want to know when he lost his virginity or drank his first beer? Oooo! Maybe he got a minor in possession ticket for being intoxicated!

God forbid Obama should ever visit Japan. Everyone there bows as a sign of respect. Haven't you ever tipped your hat or nodded your head as a sign of respect? George Bush held hands with Saudi Crown Prince Abdullah as they walked around his ranch in Texas as sign of solidarity. You rednecks never leave your hometowns and have little to no understanding of the cultural diversity found in the outside world. I'm surprised you didn't go on the Internet and immediately start accusing Bush and the Prince of carrying on a secret affair.

If you hate Saudis or Arabs in general, why don't you protest by not purchasing anymore gasoline? Oh - you need the gas? Looks like you just bowed to the Saudis! Next time you're at the pump remember you're a hypocrite. You want cheap gas and friendly territory in the Middle East from which to launch military strikes, but you also want Obama to urinate on the Arabs whenever possible. You'd make a terrible president or diplomat. Hopefully, Obama's time travel visit to your father will be successful so this conversation will have never happened.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Bowing to a Saudi Prince

oh, wait.

Never mind, that isn't her. . .

lmfao i think you made my day

obama's crew has been after palin for some reason since she was announced to be running for vice president.
has anyone every took notice to the flame's she has took from blogger's that support obama?
over her religion...unlike obama she never turned her back on her pastor or faith..
which give's her +++ prop's from me.

she defended her kid's tooth and nail...
even thought the press took a pass on obama's kid's...
but went full force on her's.

i bet money it's cause she realized the government isn't what it claimed to be.
she has to fight the smear's from press...that obama get''s a pass on.

now when palin come's out and admits what i just said...
America will be ready for a change FINALLY....
not the change obama brought us.

[edit on 4-7-2009 by TheAmused]

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   
It's blatantly obvious the Dems or Obamas people are behind this last investigation, they know she must be destroyed as a political opponent for the simple reason Obamas policies are doom to Fail, they have yet to produce anything positives at all. The Dems are never investigated for the simple reason they get it all stopped at other levels, look at Rangle and all the others plus all of Obamas Tax Cheats. Palin survived 15 or more charges in Court that were found Frivolous at a taxpayer expense of over 2 million dollars, what they should do is bill those who brought the charges, I wonder if ACORN had anything to do with this. Sorry folks but nothing is gonna change until there's another 1776. If I were Palin I'd tell everyone to "stick it".

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Sarah is a complete zero and we should be glad that she will no longer burden us with her stupidities on the stage of national politics. I believe that she was the reason for McCain's rout although one could easily say that if John was dumb enough to pick her, he deserved to lose. The GOP will just have to live without her entertainment value but it seems that they may have a few new pols filling the void, already.
Expect Sarah to play the victim of persecution until the legal process lands her and hubby in the slammer. Her world is fast unravelling.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheAmused

Bowing to a Saudi Prince

oh, wait.

lmfao i think you made my day

obama's crew has been after palin for some reason since she was announced to be running for vice president.
has anyone every took notice to the flame's she has took from blogger's that support obama?
over her religion...unlike obama she never turned her back on her pastor or faith..
which give's her +++ prop's from me.

she defended her kid's tooth and nail...
even thought the press took a pass on obama's kid's...
but went full force on her's.

i bet money it's cause she realized the government isn't what it claimed to be.
she has to fight the smear's from press...that obama get''s a pass on.

now when palin come's out and admits what i just said...
America will be ready for a change FINALLY....
not the change obama brought us.

[edit on 4-7-2009 by TheAmused]

Oh come on. She received blessings from a crazy pastor which persecuted women in Kenya, accusing them of witchcraft and encouraging violence to be committed against them by villagers, so you're giving Palin props for that??

She defended her kids...bull. She paraded them around, used them as examples of her perfect family. And who smeared her for that? No one. Definitely not the same people who smeared Jaime Lynn Spears on her teenage pregnancy or Miley Cyrus' controversial bareback picture. People where concentrating on the fact that people like Palin ripped those celebrities because they were sexually active all while Bristol Palin was getting some from Levy Johnston and got her pregnant? And of course because it's Palin's daughter, she's automatically off limits? The highlight of those "attacks" on her family were to expose the double standard that exists when one political group attack the other but not their own when they do the same thing, something the Republicans excel at with their holier-than-thou attitude. Of course you could bash the Obama kids because they haven't done anything that warrants negative attention.

Don't try to say that the press gives Obama a pass, even msnbc and Keith Olbermann engages in some disagreeing with him and criticizing his stance on issues. Palin gets negative press for the same reasons Bush did, for being a little light on the brainy side. Obama hasn't pulled off so many gaffs consecutively that would warrant such a negative string with the press...

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
All this negative energy directed towards Sarah Palin imo proves that brain washing by the media is very very real. It's extremely unhealthy considering this women doesn't deserve even a fraction of this hate. I am so disgusted with people bashing her with petty comments about her personality, get a friggin life, your mind is tainted and your soul is screaming.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   

www.grizzlybay.org...

1) Palin offered a bounty of $150 for each left front leg of freshly killed wolves

2) Palin promotes aerial hunting of wolves even though Alaskans voted twice to ban it (VIDEO link / warning graphic and sad) www.youtube.com...

3) Palin used $400,000 of state money to fund a propaganda campaign in support of aerial hunting

4) Palin believes man-made global warming is a farce

5) Palin strongly supports drilling in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge

6) Palin is a champion for big oil and her slogan has become "Drill, baby, drill!"

7) Palin is suing the federal government to prevent listing the polar bear as an endangered species

8) Palin sues the federal government over listing Cook Inlet beluga whale as an endangered species

[edit on 4-7-2009 by ofhumandescent]

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   
You all remind me of a gang of monkeys beating up another monkey from another tribe that wandered into yours. Your really all pathetic. Seriously.

[edit on 4-7-2009 by Sheeper]

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Sheeper

Then stop hanging around to see what we say next. Politics are fair game, making politicians fair game. You've never had a single negative thing to say about anybody? I seriously doubt it.

And I will continue to bash Palin as long as she continues running off idiotic and incoherent rants. You flinging insults at me doesn't make you better than me, it makes you the exact same.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Alora

The woman is dumber than the common salad bar

What is scary is that there are a lot of people out there that actually refuse to see how stupid this dumb bunny is.

Some people never learn and love is truly blind.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Alora

Your absolutely right, I'm not some magical forum nazi with the super powers to shut this thread down lol. I just am sharing my opinion about you people in the same fashion that you are sharing yours about her. Now continue on insulting her intelligence which is completely unfounded. Carry on, I believe there is some serious hatin to be done up in here.

[edit on 4-7-2009 by Sheeper]

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Anyone see Fox News today? It is a nausiating love fest over Palin. They made a documentary called "Palin: An American Woman". No sh**.

They're going on and on about what a "great" move this is, and one commentator said "now she can focus on her critics and devoting more time to answering them."

Oh. My. God.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Bowing to a Saudi Prince

oh, wait.

There are plenty of threads on his board where frustrated conservatives can attack Obama. This one happens to be about the dimwit who the Republican Party inexplicably chose as their nominee for VP.

Is it too much to ask that we stay on topic?

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I do not dislike Sarah Palin personally...in fact I feel a deep empathy toward her. I have never seen her as a bad person but she is a political novice. The epitome of a Not-Ready-For-Primetime player on the national and world stage. The people of Alaska obviously liked her but the combination of McCain's desperation and her ego has led to an end for both of their future political careers.

Sarah's support has always come from a far right wing minority that most current Republicans can only hold for lack of better choices. Their almost rabid acceptance of her emphasis of her family role, Christian beliefs, anti-choice stance, small town empowerment, arrogant world view, and tough gal mentality makes her a female Pat Robertson. What was once called the "Silent Majority" is really about 20% of the U.S. voting populace and although they might swing a close state election, their power is limited to a handful of areas. Palin energized that group but that will never be enough to win. Ask Mike Huckabee.

Sarah should have just stayed in Alaska and accepted that being the Gov. there was the best for which she could have hoped. Because she never had the mental agility, political acumen or personal ability to become more. And now she has become less.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Any real student of American politics knows the demographic makeup of the people that would support Palin as President, are irrelevant. Probably less than 20% of the electorate. They might swing some state elections but nationally, nada.

The real power in the GOP, the one's that still care about winning elections, are elated that they can finally get out from under the pall that Gov. Palin has cast on the Republicans.

The GOP now is two parties; the corporate elite country club set and what used to be known as the "Moral Majority" I don't see a coalition ever forming.

In the coming days, the real reasons for Gov. Palin, cutting and running, will be known. I'm betting a huge kickback scandle has been uncovered.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I find it predictable that the MSM had no problem delving into the innuendo of impropriety in regards to her resignation. Any other situation they would act as if they were above the rumor mill.

I don't care for Palin as a leader, but I think she can be effective to her cause outside of the political machine. I take her for her word. And the media's treatment of her has been disgraceful. Apparently she is a confident women who doesn't fit the media's template of a strong women- therefore she is demonized.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Great find! I knew by the quivering in her voice that she didn't want to resign and she was quite upset but trying to act otherwise (or so it seemed).

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Walkswithfish

I believe you may have hit the nail on the head.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join