It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did a Scandal Sink the U.S.S. Palin?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pabama
I find it predictable that the MSM had no problem delving into the innuendo of impropriety in regards to her resignation.

Because goodness knows its only acceptable in the case of those darn libs right? With all the talk of MSM folks fail realize it common sense as with any story that the media will exploit it for viewership. This isnt a perfect world.

the media's treatment of her has been disgraceful.

So was the treatment of the Clintons, Kerry, McCains and Obamas, yet you dont seem them resigning. They went on with their prospects, they understand that the world doesnt give you a bone 24/7 and thats the risk you take the minute you start setting yourself up for public office.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAmused

after palin? how very different your perspective is than mine. i don't think they ever even gave her much more than a cursory once over. she was not and never will be a contender.

[edit on 4-7-2009 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   
scandal? Is a 5-way orgy tape scandalous? We'll find out tomorrow!

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Hey, here's an idea.... let's wait and see instead of proclaiming still unsubstantiated rumors as certain facts. Things will shake out one way or the other and then everybody can get on the bashing everybody bandwagon. Can't we at least try to get to whatever is the true reason she resigned? Remember, Deny Ignorance, not believe in rumors.

Jeez.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by JulieMills
It cracks me up with all these lib news anchors freaking out and hyperventilating "why did she quit?? what is going on? something in her closet?"...

The lady told us exactly why she was stepping aside but her reason wasn't hollywood enough.."There's gotta be more!"

be afraid...be very afraid...

she ain't done yet!
is she up to something? "you betcha!"

She had security dispatched because someone on twitter said there's a party at her house.

Too be honest, this woman is more entertaining than Brittney Spears. Same mindsets of stupidity.

oh and bloggers might be taken to court for trash talking her.

Like I said, same mindset..

[edit on 4-7-2009 by GorehoundLarry]

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Walkswithfish
Sure it did, and it was the end result of the efforts of long term left and right government elite.

Interesting, she had a 90% approval rating in Alaska before being tapped by the McCain camp for the VP position. Once the PTB seen what this woman was actually capable of they quickly moved behind the scenes to destroy her.

The most dangerous thing about Palin is that she can and will speak in public without a script or teleprompter.... The PTB do not like that. That is why the McCain camp turned on her... It is why they tried to keep her away from media interviews. She is too independent and simply will not be the puppet they need in public office of any kind.

Palin doesn't have a chance, if she does run again for any office in government the wolves will be out in full force to destroy her.

You all have completely missed what has really been going on here.

You are absolutely right. The powers that be are scaerd of her, simply because she says what she thinks, and doesn't need a teleprompter to talk. Therefore, she's a wild card, that can't be contriolled, and the powers that be can't have that. She was right to escape the madness, cause if she ever gained real power, "THEY" wouldn't let her be around very long, cause they can't control her.---simple

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I'm so glad she is leaving office. Firstly she was only elected because no one wanted Tony Knowles as governor again, and, of course, she came out of the blue with no one knowing much about her (she was a stupid mayor! Anyone can be a mayor.), and finally she is a chick, she could be a model and I bet she has a contract with some lipstick company
. Secondly she kept pretending to change her plans to stay popular with the majority of Alaskans then once she got into office she was suddenly all for things like moving the capital of Alaska from Juneau to Anchorage (an original scheme). Not to mention with all the crap that went on behind closed doors which finally got larger scale coverage when she became McCain's wh.. running mate. Also she hasn't been doing her job as of late, she's been home in Wasilla on leisure time.

I think her reputation just finally caught up with her and she can't handle it. Although on MSN.com there was an article about her leaving for a "higher calling" (running for president? Let's hope not). I sincerely hope she doesn't try running, she will be beaten into a pulp by the people who know what they're doing. Plus she shouldn't be a politician because of (don't flame me) how idiotic and clueless she is (even her speech about her resignation didn't say anything but "you betcha!"). Trust me I'm an Alaskan, I have to live with her as my governor.

[edit on 7/4/09 by MoothyKnight]

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I've said it before and I'll say it again: Palin is a talking pony.

If she were ugly, fat, a man or 65 and grey, no one would be paying any attention over her at all. She's not stupid, but she's not anything special either. BUT, because she's a milf, she's getting a lot of undeserved credit.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   
She had an affair with her husband's business partner.

You heard it here first.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Retseh

Actually I've heard that before and when the word was out he had his divorce documents sealed.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by MoothyKnight
I'm so glad she is leaving office. Firstly she was only elected because no one wanted Tony Knowles as governor again, and, of course, she came out of the blue with no one knowing much about her (she was a stupid mayor! Anyone can be a mayor.),

[...]

I think her reputation just finally caught up with her and she can't handle it. Although on MSN.com there was an article about her leaving for a "higher calling" (running for president? Let's hope not). I sincerely hope she doesn't try running, she will be beaten into a pulp by the people who know what they're doing. Plus she shouldn't be a politician because of (don't flame me) how idiotic and clueless she is (even her speech about her resignation didn't say anything but "you betcha!"). Trust me I'm an Alaskan, I have to live with her as my governor.

Thank for the input. Don't hear from Alaskans much. Maybe it means they've got better things to do rather than speculate on conspiracy sites.

I;'d forgotten Palin was parachuted into the governor's office. Women candidates are always good for a big whack of the female vote, at the very least.

She lacks the basic intelligence to know even lie convincingly.

My suspicion is are are two or three serious issues that have come to a head. Bribery and kickbacks are the most evident ones maybe some personal thing is being used as blackmail leverage.

Question now is who wants her out and why?

Was she refusing to come across in some mega deal or spill the beans about something happening with Alaska's oil reserves?

That's my educated guess.

Mike

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheAmused

lmfao i think you made my day

obama's crew has been after palin for some reason since she was announced to be running for vice president.
has anyone every took notice to the flame's she has took from blogger's that support obama?
over her religion...unlike obama she never turned her back on her pastor or faith..
which give's her +++ prop's from me.

she defended her kid's tooth and nail...
even thought the press took a pass on obama's kid's...
but went full force on her's.

i bet money it's cause she realized the government isn't what it claimed to be.
she has to fight the smear's from press...that obama get''s a pass on.

now when palin come's out and admits what i just said...
America will be ready for a change FINALLY....
not the change obama brought us.

[edit on 4-7-2009 by TheAmused]

The press never went after Obama's children because they are little kids. They also haven't done anything wrong. While Palin's daughter was an unwed pregnant mother who was about to have a shot gun wedding. What are you going to say about Obama's children? That they didn't share their snack with the other kids at recess?

Palin was attacked because she deserved it. It has nothing to do with experience but everything to do with the fact she had no common sense. All she said over and over was "I'm a hockey mom."

Obama never turned his back on his faith. But he had every reason to disagree with what his pastor was saying. Just because you do not believe in your pastor doesn't mean you are shutting the door on your faith. And you know what? So what if he did? Religion and state should be separate!

I highly doubt she is leaving because she doesn't think the government job isn't all it is cracked up to be. She isn't miss pure. She lies like any other politician and she abuses the system.

Obama isn't perfect, no one is. But at least he can hold up his end of a conversation and not fill it with terrorism, 9/11, maverick or being a hockey mom.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 12:55 AM
link   
it's sad to see the republican party implode. all the blabber coming from rush, promoting individuals like joe the plumber, all the affairs of lately including governor don't cry for me argentina sanford, all the ridiculing of science (remember governor volcano monitoring is a waste of money bobby jindal? and of course governor fruit fly is ridiculous palin) and of course being the party of NO WAY...

i'm not saying the world will end because the democrats have 60 votes (and i do like some of their ideas like getting off oil and promoting science) but i think there should always be a middle ground. we know what happened last time a party had 60 votes... now all the repressed projects of the other side will be shoved down making the whole thing bigger and more expensive.

it's funny to note though that even though the defeated party is always "outraged" at the laws passed, they never reverse anything when they get into power but rather add other laws, to the "outrage" of the other side

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I guess I don't know what this woman ever did to you people to warrant this hatred. The democrats selected a harmless nitwit as vice president too.

If the economy is not fixed by 2012, it won't matter who the conservatives pick to challenge O'Bama.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   
I was just wondering,

is this woman really topic worthy?

We might as well open a thread about Lindsay Lohan & discuss her latest antics. Who cares about this dumb broad?

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 01:21 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Perhaps,the little egomaniac realized she did not have a chance in the gop's primaries? with all the skeleton's in her families closet she and her handlers would have to fight too many battles on various fronts.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaraThustra
Give me a break, you lefty scumbags fear Sarah so much that you fall all over yourselves trying to create a scandal. You are truly pathetic.

If you want to find trash look at the teleprompter puppet YOU elected. His wife dresses like a Chicago prostitute, and he can't speak unless somebody is typing his thoughts.

Sarah just gave you the bird and left you to look at the idiot you elected, nothing foolish there.

We'll watch your unqualified "House Negro" "F" up the country so bad the average idiot will be begging for a normal person like Sarah to flush his ass out.

And YOU know it.

That's why you're afraid.

Nice to see some balance of Left and Right. Maybe as over the top as your opponents.

Obama isn't ready for the job. Bright guy, no proof of his ability to be tough when necessary or command respect.

But he's there because an oil baron's idiot son was in the White House for 8 years and the US may never recover.

McCain was not a bad choice as Pres. Sure too old, but has b*lls and is not as hawkish as some/ Seems to be intelligent.

Which brings us to Sarah. Just not a very smart person. Everything she says and does informs us of that fact.

The fact that the Republicans would offer her as VP with the possibility she'd be Pres speaks volumes of how out of touch they are. They deserve to take a back seat for years. 8 years of disastrous administration bringing the county to it's knees. Then offer her to display their political bankruptcy.

The Democrats may be lame-brained, but you can't call them idiots, at least.

Mike

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaraThustra
Give me a break

Yes lets all take a break, Sarah should go now and give us that break.

you lefty scumbags fear Sarah so much

Fear what? Is her resignation suppose to make us "fearful'? What is she going to to come to our houses and make us "fear" her? Tell me about this master plan of hers resigning

that you fall all over yourselves trying to create a scandal.

While there is speculation of scandal about either way Palin sure created a hole for herself. There is nothing in this resignation to benefit her politically. Sure this could be the reasoning for her spending more time with her kids, with her youngest, with her grandchild, but her announcement tells us this as little to do with her kids really and more to do with the insults from some in the public.... which really doesnt exclude any other politician really... so her resignation was a poor cop out in that sense.

If you want to find trash look at the teleprompter

Oh no Obama uses a teleprompter, stop the presses! No other president has used a teleprompter before, no other poltician! stop the presses. Is there anything of real substance you folks can come up with? If accusing Obama of using a teleprompter is going to somehow excuse this stunt of Palin for you well then go ahead I guess.

puppet YOU elected.

Because we all know everybody else in government is a puppet besides good ol' sarah and the republicans. The conspiracy theory forum should be in the index of ATS, I suggest you go there.

His wife dresses like a Chicago prostitute

Sarah made a cowardly move announcing her resignation because some people were saying "bad things" about her. Mrs Obama is the first lady of these United states. Tis a shame some folks can be so bitter about it. Thats all Im going to say here.

We'll watch your unqualified "House Negro" "F" up the country

Now you are showing your true colors.. although I cant say Im surprised. With all the talk from Bushies,Palinites and the rest of the core conservatives telling us its Obamas policies and his intentions for the nation, it appears the issue goes skin deep huh? Wish the rest of em' would come out like you.

That's why you're afraid.

You tell yourself that now. Goodluck Sarah, you certainly did us service.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 03:23 AM
link   
This thread needs a babysitter! How dare you refer to a woman as a broad? That is so chauvanistic! Also, why does everybody keep talking about how stupid she is? She got into office didn't she? She has the brains to play the game of politics.

I wonder why she quit, though. She seemed nervous and fake at the press conference (more like a speech). It seemed like a rushed decision, like she was pressured to do it, maybe. I wonder what she'll actually do career-wise, if she's not governor anymore.

She is not a very good public speaker, not very smart with her choice of words, but I admire her for being a real woman, a real human being. She speaks her mind freely. I think she has been ruthlessly ridiculed and attacked because she is beautiful and powerful.

I think her sort of lack of intelligence or coherence makes her seem stupid, but if she doesn't use a teleprompter, at least she is coming up with her own words to say.

Being that the Republican party basically has no other viable candidates for president in 2012, I think she should run. She might have a good chance of winning. If Obama keeps up his spending spree, and appears indecisive over foreign policy, some Obama supporters might switch sides and support her instead of him in 2012.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join