It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did a Scandal Sink the U.S.S. Palin?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by muffingirl
Being that the Republican party basically has no other viable candidates for president in 2012, I think she should run. She might have a good chance of winning.

Where do I send the cheque? Yes she should run, I agree.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by canadianmouse[/

...Palin was attacked because she deserved it. It has nothing to do with experience but everything to do with the fact she had no common sense. All she said over and over was "I'm a hockey mom."

Perhaps, my friend, this is common sense. How many moms can say that?
And, common sense likely led her to reevaluate her thrust into the political arena.
I live in Wasilla, less than a mile from Sarah's home. I really hate to see her go- many good things have happened in our city in the past 8 yrs. However, my gut tells me she has a higher calling. Now that she is known everywhere, I feel that she is going to use that as momentum for something more.
I choose to thank Sarah, not many people have accomplished what she has. She was a good mayor, a good governor, and I am sure she will be great at her next calling.
All the people whining in this thread, I'd like to know what they have accomplished, and what they have sacrificed for their community.
Even on Christmas day, she is at the Wasilla High School- eating with everyone else at the community free Christmas dinner. Does your governor do that,lol? I didn't think so.
So, say and think what you may. Nobody is perfect, we all make mistakes-and in the limelight, well, life has to be different. I would not want to live that way, with all the rumors, accusations, and ethic complaints, etc. Some people just have nothing better to do than just whine and speculate, and they have sure done that to Sarah.
Who are we, to judge? I applaud Sarah, and thank her. A fierce, independent Alaskan is what she is, which is what Alaska is. And many Alaskans, as well.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by mmiichael

Originally posted by MoothyKnight
I'm so glad she is leaving office. Firstly she was only elected because no one wanted Tony Knowles as governor again, and, of course, she came out of the blue with no one knowing much about her (she was a stupid mayor! Anyone can be a mayor.),

[...]

I think her reputation just finally caught up with her and she can't handle it. Although on MSN.com there was an article about her leaving for a "higher calling" (running for president? Let's hope not). I sincerely hope she doesn't try running, she will be beaten into a pulp by the people who know what they're doing. Plus she shouldn't be a politician because of (don't flame me) how idiotic and clueless she is (even her speech about her resignation didn't say anything but "you betcha!"). Trust me I'm an Alaskan, I have to live with her as my governor.

[...]

My suspicion is are are two or three serious issues that have come to a head. Bribery and kickbacks are the most evident ones maybe some personal thing is being used as blackmail leverage.

Question now is who wants her out and why?

Was she refusing to come across in some mega deal or spill the beans about something happening with Alaska's oil reserves?

That's my educated guess.

I don't think it goes that deep with this woman. Since she is an Alaskan governor she is going to be heavily tied in with the oil industry here and she has been, pushing projects for the Alaska pipeline and etc. While that is fine I don't think she knows enough to be able to purposely get her hands dirty with them. If she got herself into those things then it would have been by manipulation. Again, I'd hate to say it but she just ISN'T THAT SMART and wouldn't know much about things like bribery and kickbacks for personal gain. I am still pretty sure that it was mostly her crappy reputation that got her to quit, nobody who knows enough about her likes her and she has become sort of the "village idiot" of Alaska (and somewhat of the US) and she obviously can't handle that.

I could believe there was a big conspiracy involved here if it was someone with years of experience but this is Palin "don'tcha know". I'm not saying there isn't any dirt involved here but if there is then she must not of known better. SHE JUST ISN'T THAT SMART which the whole world should know right now after watching her embarrassing act during the elections. She can only be told what to do and say and she only sputters slogans and rhetoric otherwise.

Oh and @ Journey

Even though she may be a significant contributor to her community in Wasilla, what about the rest of Alaska? I know too many people who need help because their lives got screwed up one way or another and it's not their fault. It's good that she is at least helping one town but she is the Governor, she could (should) be helping out the whole state if she could think such a thought. Another thing is her "fierce independence" (that's television rhetoric IMO being Alaskan doesn't automatically make you fiercely independant) is no excuse for not doing her job she was elected to do. She should have stayed mayor if all she wanted to do was parade around Wasilla.

[edit on 7/5/09 by MoothyKnight]

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Come on.

Do some of you guys advocating her presidential run, really have that much faith in the inexperienced Sarah Palin?

Why even play the "victim card" (which most conservative profess to disdain) when it is clear her worst enemy is herself?

She was the one that proved that a pair of red high heels can actually fit into the mouth of an Alaskan governor.
That's just where her feet went almost every time she spoke.

Maureen Dowd summed her hasty departure, playing of the victim card, and potential presidential run up quite nicely:

What looked like a secret wedding turned out to be a public unraveling as the G.O.P. implosion continued: Sarah wanted everyone to know that she’s not having fun and people are being mean to her and she doesn’t feel like finishing her first term as governor.

Palin/Sanford in 2012, with the slogan: “Save time — we’re already in Crazy Town.”
NYtimes.com

McCain should have picked a better running mate because this lady makes about as much sense as a Gravina Island bridge.

Which she supported.
Which would likely have been contracted to people that give "favors".

Under investigation?
YOU BETCHA, GOSH DARN IT!

Originally posted by andrewh7
Both of Honolulu's major newspapers, the Advertiser and the Star-Bulletin published announcements in on August 4, 1961. If Obama can go back in time to 1961 to publish false birth announcements in two local newspapers, then hopefully he can convince your dad to use a condom so we don't have to listen to the same nonsense over and over again. Nobody hid anything.

www.snopes.com...

Not only was that comment just so priceless, I had no idea that Snopes found (or linked to those that had found) the 1961 newspaper announcements.

I was hoping there would be something to come through that would finally put the tired birth certificate issue to rest in a logical and reasonable fashion...as opposed to having Obama go door to door with his original birth certificate in hand to the household of every conservative that has been whining about this farce of an issue.

Star from me.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Another thing I'd like to add is how silly it is that people ravenously defend her even though they've maybe only listened to FOX new's glory bath of her or just because she is picked on (FOR THE RIGHT REASONS BY THE WAY). She's barely done her job as my governor which doing your job should be the most important thing ESPECIALLY if you were elected. It is great that she is resigning, hopefully the Lt. governor will strive to do his job not laze around his hometown on an "extended" vacation.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 05:04 AM
link   
This is the very nature of what is wrong with this country. We're hell bent on destruction of people. GOOD PEOPLE. This country is sick with a Bob & Tom mentality where nothing is off the table including making a 14 year old girl a fantasy of some washed up miserable old talk show host. I'm embarrased of what this country has become....I thought I would never say that.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by peponastick

Sarah Palin is a GOOD person but she shouldn't be in such a high up position as a governor because of her lack of skill and experience. Unless you think it's OK for people lacking smarts to decide your laws and lead a country. This has nothing to do with her as a person but her as a GOVERNOR. It would have been great if Palin was smart in the world of politics and but she isn't and deserves to leave office because she hasn't helped but made a fool of herself in her short run as governor. Don't twist this into us trying to get rid of a GOOD person, we are getting rid of an idiot regardless of their personality.

[edit on 7/5/09 by MoothyKnight]

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 05:50 AM
link   
How do you run for President when your record is that of quitting and victimhood? What?

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by MoothyKnight

(she was a stupid mayor! Anyone can be a mayor.),

ok - heres a challenge -

i want YOU to attempt to be the next mayor of your town city

you said yourself ` any one can be mayor `

now is your chance to demonstrate your belief

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Sheeper

On a beautiful Alaskan summer morning in July of last year, a litter of 4-week-old wolf cubs were napping in the safety of their natal den, cuddled together, little bellies full of mother's milk when suddenly they were roughly pulled, half asleep, into the light of day and one by one, had their brains blown out by a bullet to each one of their tiny little heads. Who could do such a thing? A group of Alaskan state employees who were helicoptered into the wolves habitat at the behest and with the blessing of Gov. Sarah "Terminator" Palin, that's who.

On federal land it is illegal to kill pups in their den (a practice charmingly referred to as "denning") but the mother wolf had made the grave mistake of giving birth to her babies on state owned land, so Palin's posse had the legal right to kill those pups on the spot.

photo credit: First People

The reason Palin and her mighty hunter pals want to kill off most, if not all of the wolves (and bears) in Alaska is to reduce the hunter's competition for the elk and caribou. Even though generations of Alaskans have negatively impacted the caribou and elk population through over-hunting, logging and other human activity, somehow the wolves are being made to pay the price for the decimation of these herds. What state game officials in Alaska will tell you is that it is necessary to kill predators in order to sustain the elk and caribou population, but what they won't tell you is that they kill wolves, bears and other predators in order to artificially boost the herd numbers so there are plenty of animals for the hunters to shoot. Given that only a tiny fraction of the U.S. population must hunt for sustenance and given the fact that our grocery stores are brimming with meat for our dinner tables, why must we mess with the main source of a wolf's diet?

In her all out war against the wolves, Gov. Palin used the power of her office to help defeat a ballot measure in Alaska last month that would have banned the cruel and decidedly unsportsmanlike practice of aerial hunting of wolves. She approved a $400,000 state-funded propaganda campaign to promote aerial hunting and proposed to pay a $150 bounty for the left foreleg of every wolf killed. She is also helping to pass legislation to make it even easier to hunt wolves and bears from aircraft.

And if you are wondering what happened to the wolf cub's mother, well, she, along with the rest of her pack, were killed by the same state employees, only in the mother wolf's case, she died by a bullet (or two or three) shot from a helicopter.

No one can express how I feel about hunting better than Matthew Scully, author of Dominion: The Power of Man, The Suffering of Animals, and The Call to Mercy one of the most compassionate books ever written about animals. He writes: "Such terrifying powers we possess, but what a sorry lot of gods some men are. And the worst of it is not the cruelty but the arrogance, the sheer hubris of those who bring only violence and fear into the animal world, as if it needed any more of either. Their lives entail enough frights and tribulations without the modern fire-makers, now armed with perfected, inescapable weapons, traipsing along for more fun and thrills at their expense even as so many of them die away. It is our fellow creatures' lot in the universe, the place assigned them in creation, to be completely at our mercy, the fiercest wolf or tiger defenseless against the most cowardly man. And to me it has always seemed not only ungenerous and shabby but a kind of supreme snobbery to deal cavalierly with them, as if their little share of the earth's happiness and grief were inconsequential, meaningless, beneath a man's attention, trumped by any and all designs he might have on them, however base, irrational or wicked."

Irony of ironies, Matthew Scully also happens to have penned Palin's successful and effective vice presidential acceptance speech. How strange a world we live in and all its contradictions.
www.huffingtonpost.com...

Palin has shown to be a liar, thief and has no regard for our Mother Earth or her citizens how can you say to lay off of her. Read my signature. Silence in the face of evil is wrong and I will speak out against any person that enslaves and or bullies another being two or four legged.

By the way, you should read "Dominion" by Matthew Scully,it's a excellent book. Maybe it just might screw your head back on straight.

Palin is a evil person. She may look pretty and sexy but beneath that exterior is a evil, heartless and dumb (dangerous combination) individual. We already have enough of these dumb bunnies in power and don't need more. People like you that ignorantly support this kind of shi* is exactly why our planet is in such a mess now.

Wake the frig up dude.

[edit on 5-7-2009 by ofhumandescent]

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by lee anoma

Come on. Do some of you guys advocating her presidential run, really have that much faith in the inexperienced Sarah Palin?
wiki.answers.com...

Does Sarah Palin have more executive experience that Obama? In: Sarah Palin [Edit categories] [Edit] Now that Obama has been president for six months, he has way more experience than Sarah.

isn't that wiki answer funny to your very debate lol

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAmused

Excellent Post / S & F

I am reading "Dreams From My Father" by Barack Obama and President Obama has shown to be an effective leader.

The book is very well written, it's interesting and an excellent read. Without bragging Obama simply lists where he has gone and what he has done with his life. Most importantly he didn't start out like GWB a rich spoiled arrogant brat. Obama started out like most of us.

Barack Obama was raised by a single mother and his grandparents. They didn't have much money, but they taught him values from the Kansas heartland where they grew up. He took out loans to put himself through school. After college, he worked for Christian churches in Chicago, helping communities devastated when steel plants closed. Obama turned down lucrative job offers after law school to return to Chicago, leading a successful voter registration drive. He joined a small law firm, taught constitutional law and, guided by his Christian faith, stayed active in his community.

www.barackobama.com...

Here is a link to Obama's resume cdn.theladders.net... and it's quite evident Barack has done a lot more constructive things with his life compared to Sarah Palin.

Comparing Obama to Sarah Palin is ludicris, Obama far outshines Palin.

While Sarah's been out hunting, Obama's been constructively organizing stuff to help and better people.

I have both Obama's books and if nothing else he is a excellent and most intellegent writer.

His books are really interesting to read - I would say Barack probably has a photographic memory by his writing. The guy is pretty smart, about 30 IQ points above Palin in emotional intellegence. No comparison there.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaraThustra
Give me a break, you lefty scumbags fear Sarah so much that you fall all over yourselves trying to create a scandal. You are truly pathetic.

"Lefty scumbags?"

This post is illustrative of the type of person to whom Palin appeals.

Thanks for helping us make the point.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by muffingirl
This thread needs a babysitter! How dare you refer to a woman as a broad? That is so chauvanistic!

It's pretty interesting that you take exception to a poster referring to Palin as a "broad," but remain silent concerning the poster who called Obama a, "house negro," and said Michelle dressed like a, "Chicago Prostitute,"

We are getting a great example in this post as to who (and what) Palin's supporters are.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by MoothyKnight

Sorry but I disagree. Anyone who condones the aerial hunting of animals is not a nice person.

Palin is stupid and heartless............very serious flaws for a politician. She may be pretty but shes dumb and mean.

Used campaign money $150,000 for clothes (150k!)

Thinks global warming is a farce

Abuses their position of power to get a brother in law fired

Her only political experience has been a few years as mayor of a small town in Alaska and less than two years as governor of that state. Her record wasn’t so great: the small town she left behind is now in financial ruin.

is a creationist, and she wants “creation science” to be taught in public schools.

supports drilling in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge

messed up views on wildlife protection. Environmentalists are appalled by her support of a $150-per-wolf bounty program. She’s also supported the use of government money to educate people about how great it is to shoot bears and wolves, and she doesn’t want the polar bear to make it onto the endangered species list

One nation, under stupidity: When defending the phrase “one nation under God” in the Pledge of Allegiance, Palin said, “If it was good enough for the founding fathers, its good enough for me and I’ll fight in defense of our Pledge of Allegiance.” Reality check: The Pledge of Allegiance was written in 1892, long after the founding fathers died. The phrase “one nation under God” was added in 1954….

Anti-birth control nutcase- Not only does Palin oppose abortion in all cases, she also opposes the use of birth control in all cases. That includes married couples that want to use condoms or the pill!

Politicizing non-political jobs: When she was mayor of small town in Alaska, Palin abused her authority by firing city employees that did not fully support her reelection campaign.

www.who-sucks.com...

There is so much proof out there now that Alaska and America would be better off without this person.

My guess and I predict she is "stepping down" and will write a book and do the talk shows for $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

$$$ is what matters to her and not Mother Earth, her people or animals.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by missvicky
How do you run for President when your record is that of quitting and victimhood? What?

Hmm, didn't Barack Obama quit the Illinois Senate to become a US Senator and then quit the US Senate to become President? Didn't some of his followers/ friends use the victimhood / race card at times? You probably don't see it that way now do you?

Most arguements against Palin are pretty weak IMO. What particular policy of hers do you have the biggest problem with and how does that policy relate to her running for President? Surely it can't be that she is for aerial hunting of wolves or that the Repbulican party spent a good sum of money on her wardrobe, after all Michele Obama doesn't shop at Walmart for her clothes.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by pavil

Originally posted by missvicky

Hmm, didn't Barack Obama quit the Illinois Senate to become a US Senator and then quit the US Senate to become President? Didn't some of his followers/ friends use the victimhood / race card at times? You probably don't see it that way now do you?

Most arguements against Palin are pretty weak IMO. What particular policy of hers do you have the biggest problem with and how does that policy relate to her running for President? Surely it can't be that she is for aerial hunting of wolves or that the Repbulican party spent a good sum of money on her wardrobe, after all Michele Obama doesn't shop at Walmart for her clothes.

--------------------------------------------------------
Argue all you want, but if you think her adversaries in a Presidential election won't use that brush to paint her with you are delusional. and don't think for a minute that the Republican stratgists aren't concerned about it either. That question is being asked right now by both sides. You betcha!

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Journey

Perhaps, my friend, this is common sense. How many moms can say that?
And, common sense likely led her to reevaluate her thrust into the political arena.
I live in Wasilla, less than a mile from Sarah's home. I really hate to see her go- many good things have happened in our city in the past 8 yrs. However, my gut tells me she has a higher calling. Now that she is known everywhere, I feel that she is going to use that as momentum for something more.
I choose to thank Sarah, not many people have accomplished what she has. She was a good mayor, a good governor, and I am sure she will be great at her next calling.
All the people whining in this thread, I'd like to know what they have accomplished, and what they have sacrificed for their community.
Even on Christmas day, she is at the Wasilla High School- eating with everyone else at the community free Christmas dinner. Does your governor do that,lol? I didn't think so.
So, say and think what you may. Nobody is perfect, we all make mistakes-and in the limelight, well, life has to be different. I would not want to live that way, with all the rumors, accusations, and ethic complaints, etc. Some people just have nothing better to do than just whine and speculate, and they have sure done that to Sarah.
Who are we, to judge? I applaud Sarah, and thank her. A fierce, independent Alaskan is what she is, which is what Alaska is. And many Alaskans, as well.

Wow on Christmas day she ate "free" supper with the little people. That's it now she must be an amazing Governor! As for the no one is perfect, many people attack Obama yet they cover for Palin. Why is that? People do make mistakes. I dont mind mistakes , I just don't like the abuse of power.

The thing you are assuming though is that we are all just riding the rumor mill. This information has been brought forward and isn't a rumor. She did abuse her power. It is also proven time and time again she isn't very bright. I personally don't care about Palin as she has nothing to do with my government but I am amazed that someone that ignorant and that unintelligent could get into office. It would be scary for her to hold a seat in the white house though. I don't think it would be a good thing for the people of the United States.

And for the record, if you look at my name you would see I am Canadian. We do not have governors, we have premiers.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Palin spooked me b/c she said goofy things - too many times. McCain's day has been over. I respect the elderly but there comes a time when you have to take their driver's license away.

Palin would speak common sense things on ocassion I'll admit and I have heard much good about her as a governor for a large, sparsley populated state but I never had faith in her as a president. Governing a backwater isn't the same as governing a large, powerful and influential nation.

All politicians are liars and thieves - some more than others. Until more things come to light about Palin, if they do, I don't she has sinned as badly as others but I never had faith that she could pull off leading a world power.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
This just in from St Louis Examiner:

You know things are going bad for you as a Republican when Karl Rove starts questioning your political strategy. In a recent CNN article Karl Rove called Palin's resignation a "risky" strategy. Most damning Rove said that "It is not clear what she's doing and why." If Rove a fellow Republican did not understand why Palin is resigning what hope is their for the rest of the population to understand.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join