It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Sun is Different!

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Letan I'm from Tx also, around Houston, and this summer started rather early here and has been unbearably dry and hot so far.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Hello. I didn't find that the sky is different. but the sunsets are more colourful. I like to foto sky in the evenings, so impressive. Today an interesting thing was caught in the sky. Could you explain the physics of this strange occurrence. Some time later it's gone.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by teasan

Volcanic eruption in Russia?

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I was wondering why...

Now i know why we have all those very beautifull sunsets in a eaw for the last month! Even a while ago we spent some more time to enjoy it all over again! We have very beautifull sunsets anyway but the change has come to them starting to be more vivid and start earlier being colorful due to the reasoning Phage jusy gave!

Enjoy thye sunsets

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by missvicky

I took those pics in the evening, as you can see the sun is still up, but going down for the evening, however it does not matter what time of the day it is, the sunflowers are turning away from the sun! Those in the pic, you cannot really tell by looking, I had to squat down to take the photo's, because the sun was so bright the first few wouldn't show the sunflowers for the sun blinding the image, last year that time of day they would have been 'following' the sun, and facing it, and leaning a bit to the left.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

Someone else commented in here that they had noticed that their sunflowers were also pointing away from the sun... that is very strange to me!

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

Maybe just getting ready for the morning shift.

Regular ones get to be around 9 feet tall and during their early bud stages face the East every morning waiting for the sun to rise and actually turn and move to track the sun throughout the day before returning to face the East again at night

www.thegreenhead.com...

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

thank you for clearing that up! That makes me feel better!

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

They are facing away from the sun ALL DAY. Not just in the morning or in the evening. That warrants some time of explaination, I would think. I have raised them for many years now, they are one of my favorite flowers and the stems make excellent kindling, the seeds are edible, and watching the bees and insects around them is for me, downright mesmerizing. I know that they litererally follow the sun, hence their name, but this year they just are not doing that, even in the bud stages.

edit to add info

[edit on 20-7-2009 by space cadet]

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Has anyone seen a six foot, six headed sunflower. The usual type with the large head , but with heads growing out from the stem? Sorry no photo.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join