It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Sun is Different!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
From SOHO..

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/63fe231e40cb.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3917069bcd11.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
From SOHO..

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/63fe231e40cb.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3917069bcd11.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Greenize
I turned 65 in may, and have noticed for a few years that I'm reacting differently to the sun. As a pube and adolescent, spent hours and hours in the sun, some of it as a junior lifeguard, and have been sunburned then tanned. Last few years seems my focus has changed, as if the talk of evolutionary spiritual change is really manifesting. The heat seems to bypass my contiguous external integument and bake me to my core. I still burn and tan, but the likelihood of heatstroke seems suddenly apparent. It'; something I hadn't concerned myself with before. It's slowed me down so much it's frightening. Age? Medication? Turning into a vampire? Subjectivity? Objectivity?
In the book of Revelation, there's a strong comment about cursing and blaspheming God because of the heat of it? A reaction caused by refusing to repent of the sins mentioned there.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by brokenheadphonez

Thanks for the images..would you mind explaining just what it is...I know its the sun, but what am I looking at...besides the horses head popping out of it in the upper right?

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
i thought the milky way or something was near the sun???? like the mayans say about 2012, and some youtube lol vids say about the milky way passing infront of the sun which happens 25000 years or something

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Greenize

Thanks for the images..would you mind explaining just what it is...I know its the sun, but what am I looking at...besides the horses head popping out of it in the upper right?

OK, the different colors are different wavelengths. The "spots" and line in the yellow picture are caused by energies or particles that overload the CCD of the cameras on the satellite. You can reproduce this effect if you point a digital camera at a very bright light source.

The big bring spot in the southern hemisphere is the first major sunspot in YEARS.

And the dark/light contrast are shifting magnetic polarities that channel the energies and plasma.

Also, I've compiled what I believe is the most important data into the threads in my signature, if you want more pictures and more of my analysis, take a look..

[edit on 5-7-2009 by brokenheadphonez]

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Thank you!! Should we be worried?
Do you see the horses head? It is more prominent in the green images. Upper right...

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
You're welcome! I keep running upstairs from the pool to write on ATS lol!

That's a really complicated answer.

Yes and no.

While I do NOT believe that there will be a massive solar storm that will end human dominance on Earth within our lifetimes, the impacts of solar activity are HUGE.

Everything on Earth follows the "sine wave pattern" of the sun.
It's like, the Sun is our metronome.. It sets the pace.

Right now, we're about to see an increase in activity over the next few years, and with the current economic climate much needed upgrades to vulnerable infrastructure have been all but ignored.

So yeah, we should be concerned - but not "worried", and we should take steps to make sure that our societies are able to take everything the sun can throw at us.

It all starts with you. We've already learned that we cannot trust our government to protect us. Make sure you have an adequate supply of food, water, candles, fire, etc - and everything you need to survive comfortably for at least 5-7 days without external assistance - if not longer.

This is important for a variety of different reasons. Stash away $20-$50/mo, and by the time Fall comes - you will be prepared for what's to come.

In the meantime - enjoy this beautiful gift of life and the people you love, don't waste energy with useless panic, but acknowledge the existence of a threat and take concrete steps to protect yourself and loved ones, just in case.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Greenize

Nothing is different. I've been in the sun plenty this year (and I live in Florida for God's sake, I think I'd know) and I haven't been burned at all AND I was NOT wearing sunscreen. It's all in your head. Maybe your body has changed, getting older is a bitch LOL

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
something I can add about the sun.

I used to live out in the sun full time - 24/7 when I lived in the Caribbean on a sailboat - I never had a problem.

BUT - over the last 5 years - I can not go out into the sun anymore _ I have become sensitive to it and break out in hives throughout my body - after being in the sun just minutes.

To say that is a bummer - is putting it mildly - I can't even get into my pool for too long to swim - I have to get in and out.

I feel something has become different with the sun - but it started for me a few years ago. So maybe it is just me.

I did ask a doc. about it, he did say - it has begun happening to more and more people - where they too break out in hives and can not be in the sun.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

Are you blond? fair skinned? green eyes? there might be a connection to all of that.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I don't know if this has anything to do with the whole 7/7 thing, but I noticed something odd today while driving to work (10 minute drive). I had my arm leaning out the window..temperatures were only in the high 70's at that time, but it felt like my skin was basically cooking. I actually had to pull my arm in the car because it felt so bad.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by compwiz32190

Some else said almost the same thing a few pages back. That isn't normal at all!!

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
After reading everyones posts I had an informal and non scientific experiment that seemed to indicate that we burnt *much* quicker than usual.

Everybody, PLEASE state your location.

This data is *USELESS* for analytical purposes if we don't know where everyone is feeling the differences.

There is something to this, I am certain.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Without the bombardment of electro magnetic energy from sunspots to act as our shield or filter, more ultra-violet radiation is reaching the surface. This solar minimum has been longer than any in nearly 140 years. Those rays are more powerful because they aren't being deflected or filtered. They make more water vapor, more clouds, more rain, less warmth reaching the surface over time, the return of the Little Ice Age.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by astrocreep

Ultraviolet radiation is electromagnetic energy. The only thing that filters it (or light, or radio, or x-rays, or any other electromagnetic radiation) is something physical, like the atmosphere. Gravity causes electromagnetic radiation to appear to "bend" but it doesn't otherwise affect it. Magnetism has no effect on electromagnetic radiation. The magnetosphere has no effect on ultraviolet or any other electromagnetic radiation.

It is ultraviolet radiation which causes sunburn. The sun's output of ultraviolet radiation changes (we don't really know why) and the atmosphere's (including the ozone layer) ability to absorb it changes. That is what the UV index is all about.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   
It's like, whenever I have a serious question that I can't answer - Phage has a logical, concise and informed response..

I vote that we send this guy a case of beer, who's with me?!

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Send me one too!! Crap lets just all get together and have one gigantic beerfest of a party!!!!

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

What affects it is the magnetism of the sun. Less magnetic energy, less sun spots, less sun spots, less solar wind.

The lessened solar wind allows more cosmic rays which cause more low level cloud formation which in turn reflects more sun light thereby lowering global temperatures. This theory first developed by astronomer Edmund Walter Maunder and now being carried on by Dr. David Archibald more closely relates global climate changes to the sun more so than anything else. Well, duh. Of course the sun has everything to do with our climate so why would every planet not be affected by a change in magnetic energy, solar output of its star?

Would this cause easier sunburn during these solar minimums? Apparently so from reading these threads. I have noticed no sunburn this year and have been out more than most probably but I wear SPF 50.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by astrocreep

Now you're talking about the effects of solar activity on climate. It's an interesting idea with a lot of research going on but there's nothing really conclusive about the connection as yet.

Without the bombardment of electro magnetic energy from sunspots to act as our shield or filter, more ultra-violet radiation is reaching the surface.

You said there was less filtering of ultraviolet radiation from the Sun. Now you're saying that low solar activity allows the formation of more low level clouds which reflect sunlight. Ultraviolet is a component of sunlight. It gets reflected too. A lot of ultraviolet is also absorbed by clouds, you won't get a sunburn on a heavily overcast day. It's the clear days that are worst.

You can't have it both ways.

[edit on 7/5/2009 by Phage]

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join