It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Sun is Different!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   
At 34 degrees during midday - everyday, i cannot complaint. Stay inside and keep cool until the sun goes down.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   
The other day I was working outside and laid my wrenches down for about 5 minutes. It was not that hot out, about 80 to 85*. I went to pick up the wrenches and got burned. I am like what is going on here. It is not that hot out here and I just laid them there a few minutes ago. I grabbed the temp probe out of the tool box and checked the wrenches which read 145*. They had got that hot in just a few minutes. The UV index must have been off the chart.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I am glad you started this thread - because there needed to be on, strictly on the sun today!!

To me this goes with all the other threads that have to do with the sun the last few days. The object going towards the sun and the crop circles threads. WHY?

Because the pictures of the sun today - look very ODD!! Also - what is VERY interesting is the little videos of the sun - ARE OFF LINE!! We can not follow that object anymore!!

Picture of where the video of the behind sun on stereo this site here: stereo-ssc.nascom.nasa.gov...

Pic of where vid is suppose to be::

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2a28611c5500.jpg[/atsimg]

Please go to the link look at yesterday's mpeg of behind - something started happening with the sun just as the object got close to it:

Look at the pic of the sun right now: looks very interesting

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7cd777a0b06f.jpg[/atsimg]

here is another pic of the sun right now

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ecaa21b84dd5.jpg[/atsimg]

Yesterdays' vid pic of object

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d3031749c7a1.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Wasn't too long ago that this site was filled with comments on the sun getting dimmer.
I seem to recall a thread by the title of "is the sun dying" and other such posts, it coincidentally coincided with erm, Autumn and progress through the winter and now shock horror as summer is peaking the posts of 'a hotter sun' have been popping up.
It's the same type of contradictory posting that see's a rash of "Drought warnings!!!!!" then when summer is ending "Flood warnings!!!!".

I think it's all rather simple with the different sun intensity today compared to yesterday and its called memory, you dont remember exactly what it was like and so today seems different to yesterday and whatever way you want to think it is going (dimmer or brighter) then it will seem like its true.
The sun is still a big ball of burning crap, same temperature and same brightness as it always was.

See you in August for the magical "sun is getting dimmer!" threads.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by keepithush

Oh yeah, because the position of the Earth and its tilt have soooo much bearing on solar surface activity..

Congratulations, you've written one of the stupidest posts, if not THE stupidest post I've read on ATS. Bravo.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by keepithush
Wasn't too long ago that this site was filled with comments on the sun getting dimmer.
I seem to recall a thread by the title of "is the sun dying" and other such posts, it coincidentally coincided with erm, Autumn and progress through the winter and now shock horror as summer is peaking the posts of 'a hotter sun' have been popping up.
It's the same type of contradictory posting that see's a rash of "Drought warnings!!!!!" then when summer is ending "Flood warnings!!!!".

I think it's all rather simple with the different sun intensity today compared to yesterday and its called memory, you dont remember exactly what it was like and so today seems different to yesterday and whatever way you want to think it is going (dimmer or brighter) then it will seem like its true.
The sun is still a big ball of burning crap, same temperature and same brightness as it always was.

See you in August for the magical "sun is getting dimmer!" threads.

Or maybe it's just getting more colder in the winter and more hotter in the summer than in the past years.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   
www57.wolframalpha.com...

thought this might come in handy, i think it updates every so often. May be worth keeping an eye on

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   
There has been a heat wave in parts of the UK this past week; the temperature was mostly below 90F.

But for three days I was ill will heat exhaustion even though I was indoors doing non physical work, I had difficulty cooling down.
I was having to drink so much that my stomach was full and I was still dehydrated. I couldn't see properly because of all the sweat pouring down face.

In the end I would sit in my car for 30 mins with the AC on it's lowest setting to cool down.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I have to agree that the sun does feel more intense this year here in Pennsylvania.

I made a comment to my wife a few days ago, that the sun felt more like the sun in Mexico than the sun in Pa.

Did a little yard work the other day and just missed getting a burn, I still got red but not burnt. Only took 40 min.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Depletion of the Ozone brother, even though the hole in the ozone is located at the South Pole, the rest of the layer that blankets Earth is much thinner than previously thought. The Ozone reflects most of the harmful radiation back out into space. The larger wavelength UV-A (browning wavelength) are still getting through the problem is that the smaller wavelength UV-B (causes sunburn) and the UV-C (very dangerous) are getting through the ozone in higher numbers, causing burns, carcinoma, ect.

The rays of the sun are very dangerous these days, take precautions such as sunscreen's that block the harmful UV-B and UV-C and you should get your tan back, plus these harmful rays are also very damaging to the eyes, so make sure to wear sunglasses that are guaranteed to block this UV portion of the spectrum.

www.ccohs.ca..." target="_blank" class="postlink">link to good info on Ultraviolet Radiation

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Yea I'm not sure it's the sun that's different, I just think that the ozone layer has been depleted so more of the suns rays are getting through. Just my 2 cents.. Also they(suntanning companies) have finally came out with sun block that stops not only the burning of the skin (UVA) but also the UVB which is the one that actually does the inner skin damage..
It's funny I live in Clearwater Florida and really don't have much love for the sun at all. I have dated 25 year olds who have skin of a 35-40 year old just from sun bathing all the time.. Don't get me wrong a good tan looks good but the damage it does just isn't worth it..

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   
It was a cool, partly cloudy day here in Canada yesterday, but every time the sun came out from behind a cloud the heat from the rays seemed to penetrate deep down to the bone. It felt good in those small bursts but would have been very uncomfortable if the clouds didn't provide the occasional relief. Our sun here recently reminds me of the way it felt down in the Dominican Republic.

For anyone having sunburn issues, there is a product that comes from Mexico that is absolutely the best thing for healing and protecting skin that has had too much sun - the magic ingredient is Tepezcohuite. I have a small bottle of the pure stuff. I put a couple of drops on my palm and then add some hand lotion, mix it together and apply it. There are also lotions available that already have the stuff in it. It soothes immediately and also helps keep a tan longer.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Up here in Wyoming we have been having some strange weather. Flash floodings of a kind I have not seen in a long while, but more usual. Actually I have only seen this kind of flash flooding in Florida, but not in Wyoming.

However, our temperature right now is 55 degrees, at 8 am. The Max today is supposed to be around 73, but at this time of the year it is normally around 80-90 degrees. We had maybe a week or two of hot weather, but nothing too much with the max at around 83 degrees. I kind of like this weather thou, what I don't like is that the emergency broadcasting keeps poping up on my tv. I do watch movies on tv.

Normally we don't get the emergency broadcasting as frequent as we have had it this winter/summer. I can't really call it summer when we have 55 degrees at this hour in the morning in what is supposed to be summer.

[edit on 4-7-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I'm in upstate ny by the Canadian border, and it should be in the 90's, but it's in the 60's and way cooler than other years. I also noticed this year a lot of my flowers are really really late to bloom

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Has anyone bothered to see if there is an increase in the UV index in their area?

I'm sure each country's national weather site will have Daily UV stats, trends and averages.

It's the easiest way to see if anything is up.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Best idea, EVER!

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   
There seems to be "pockets of intense heat". Last week end, I bbqed for my family. I have a thermometer (it is accurate) outside as well as an indoor/outdoor thermometer inside with an outside remote sensor. Around 5:00 PM, I went out to begin bbqing and it was intensely hot, I glanced at the thermometer was 107 degrees. I went in and checked the thermometer inside with the remote sensor and it read 106! Officially it was 101. I looked at the records for the National Weather service located at the airport, about 3 miles away, and the high was 101. So either the NWS is not reporting the actual temperature or it just simply was not 107 at the airport. I also checked the local weather channel and it showed 100 degrees.

I have seen this situation several times in the past. I think it was the summer before last, and I had several similar incidents. I remember once it was 108 at 9:00 PM and the "official" temp was showing 98.

Perhaps that is the answer to your sunbathing issue, there was a pocket of intense heat at your location and that is why you burned.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by octaviameister

If there are intese heat in pockets, then it means it could be because of the magnetic field of Earth in those areas are very weak. The magnetic field of the Earth has been acting very strange lately, and there have been breaches in the magnetic field not seen before and which baffled scientists because they happened in a way they thought it was not possible.

That could be the problem. Also, the regions closer to the ecuador, are closer to oceans which are warmer than on the north, and these parts of the oceans will retain more heat than those in the north.

[edit on 4-7-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I believe Chemtrails are trapping the suns radiation.
The purpleness in your skin color is argyria, I believe.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   
does anyone feel really distracted lately, this past week i havent been able to sleep without the use of pills, like a sense of dread

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join