It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Sun is Different!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by John Matrix

Originally posted by blujay
I agree 100%! I have noticed it, well starting last year and now this year, yes the sun is very different...

I grew up in SoCal and Hawaii, have been in the sun my whole life, tanned as brown as a berry, no wrinkles at 45, either.

I have taken to staying out of the sun if I can help it, because I take this as a warning.... our whole solar system is changing/evolving. As hard as it is to change, I'd say just stay out of the sun, and if you like a golden glow, get a spray on tan. I just decided to go au natural, pale is better than fried chicken.

Tanned with no wrinkles at 45? Are you available for some shadey activity?

Seriously though, your personal experinece and observations adds to the mystery. If the emergency rooms start getting overwhelmed i'm sure it will become mainstream news.

Hahaha! Well, at the rate I'm going, I may have to start looking to ATS members for that kind of thing! The rest of them just think I'm a cute little nutcase! The joke will be on them, though, when the sun explodes, nibiru passes by waving at us, the 'ships' land, the extraterrestrials come shake my hand, and the earth jumps up into the fifth dimension!

Seriously, though, our sun speaks to us, we should kindly listen

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
There have been very few sunspots since early 2008, the sun's magnetic field is low, the solar wind is very low. As a result of low Solar activity, the surface of the earth is being bombarded by 15-20% more cosmic rays than normal. Cosmic rays interact with moisture in the atmosphere to form clouds and thus more rain.
If this keeps up everyone better stock up on lots of food and overcoats cause its gonna get REALLY cold.

[edit on 4-7-2009 by expat2368]

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Stereo still says no DATA available for view of sun - in vid.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by brokenheadphonez
reply to post by keepithush

Oh yeah, because the position of the Earth and its tilt have soooo much bearing on solar surface activity..

Congratulations, you've written one of the stupidest posts, if not THE stupidest post I've read on ATS. Bravo.

What's with the over dramatic flaming and misreading my post?

The stupidest post on ATS simply because I used common sense of pointing out the hypocrisy and how it seems these "Earth is getting warmer" and "Earth is getting cooler" threads coincide with the seasons as opposed to the pathetic magical land of fairies UFO lizard men are pushing an invisible planet into the sun posts.
Yeah I'm real stupid.

Next time read the post, I never said anything about solar surface activity or the Earth's tilt, maybe you just don't realise the stupidity of jumping to conclusions done so often here, we have a couple of days of the sun and all of a sudden this must mean there's some magical bizarre sun activity at work.
Give it a couple of days (when the 7th passes as a normal day!) and it will start to rain, then this must automatically mean the government have joined up with aliens to shower us with what is not really rain but a haarp weapon to spread chemicals to kill us all.
It's all too easy to make things up.

I will be ready to laugh at you after 7th of July though when the big super duper mass electricity black outs from a super solar flare doesn't happen.
It will serve you right.

I say the sun is doing its normal thing, nothing different.
Let's wait until the 7th passes and we will see who is the stupid one then kid.

[edit on 4-7-2009 by keepithush]

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
i think this could be linked to the other sun activity thats been going on lately www.abovetopsecret.com... thats thread (plus links to few others)

iv noticed changes aswell,

yesterday i was out from 9:30am till around 4pm walking out along a 3 mile stretch of beach plus a 2 mile hike through a wooded area with the kids, it was heavy cloud cover all day and very foggy, it wasnt hot either was very cool with a breeze. (not overly cold but enough so to cause goosepimples llol) about an hour after getting home my husband and i got sunburn on our arms and back of the neck, hot to the touch and to me it felt like my skin was cooking.

even today my skin is still pretty hot and feels burny, it was strange considering the factors i just mentioned

edited to add that we also had heavy rain showers from around 2pm till 5 pm aswell

oh 2nd edit
i stay in scotland UK just for the record

[edit on 123131p://080712 by ronishia]

[edit on 123131p://110712 by ronishia]

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by blujay
Seriously, though, our sun speaks to us, we should kindly listen

I'm listening to the sun, and now Ya got me listening!

When Blue Jays are around all the other birds duck for cover.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by LOLZebra
Record temps huh?

Over here we are having insane amounts of rain. I think I've only seen about 2 sunny days in the past 90 days. My power goes out every other day. It only goes out 1-2 times a year normally. Flash flood warnings nearly everyday.
It should be at least 80 degrees to 90 by now, I mean comon its july, middle of summer. It'll hit the upper 70's then a storm will come through and we're back to the 60's again. Brrr

So I can't say much about the sun, as we never see it over here in New England.

I'll second this report. A very cold, rainy, wet summer in NY state..

Personally, I'm a winter person, so I am not disappointed with the weather this summer, but it IS weird.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ronishia

The locals in Scotland stand and stair in awe at the flaming ball of fire in the sky . It burneth the skin if ye stands under it too long . the flaming ball of fire makes its once a decade show in the HIghlands

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
hello to all,

i am in central portugal and the weather here has also been odd.

normal patterns are that it gets wet and mild during the spring up as far as end of april , then hot hot hot for the next 5 months with temps reaching 42 to 44 max.

this year however we had several days of 40 plus in apr and may , and now when it should be hot it is VERY cloudy and wet.

it will be a very bad year for wine and of course port.

snoopyuk

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Did you not maybe think the O-zone levels from summers as a child compared to now are slightly different?

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Greenize

I have expereienced this ,too. Normally I would always burn in New Jersey, but Never burned In Florida, even during visits I would go to the beaches, usually April and May, and the past three years I lived here in Florida, same thing I never burned down in the southern US, I don't know why that was, but it is a fact. This year we went to the beach in April, and when I got home I was burned real bad, even my son, who hardly ever got sunburned in his entire life(he has his dad's complexion) the Italian tanned complexion. But we both burned, Even his dad has burned several times this spring/summer and I have never seen him burn!!!! But, I beleive they also have stated on the news that the UV index has been particularly high this year, so that may have something to do with it. But, why is the UV index so high? I don't know!

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

ok your post confused me sounds like you are making fun?

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by paperplanes

Much better thank you! I went and purchased a bottle of 100% pure aloe vera gel and have been slathering that on...it has worked wonders and its very soothing and cool!

Edit to add: I also went and nabbed the silk comforter off of my daughters bed...that was soothing too!

[edit on 4-7-2009 by Greenize]

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Besides this summer, for the last couple years I've noticed that the sun is insanely bright sometimes. It's more like a bright white rather than an orange-yellow glow. Sometimes I can't even look in the direction of the sun without feeling like my eyeballs are going to catch on fire.

This summer is definitely different. It's one thing to talk about getting a driver's tan--you know, when one arm gets darker than the other from driving around and having the sun beat down on it? But I've taken to putting sunscreen on my one arm when I go out to run some errands because I actually got burned one day. that's never happened before.

Another day, we went out fishing and I woke the next morning with swollen ears that had second degree burns. They got all scabby and whatnot too. It's not like I've never been in the sun with pony tail before. I've never had that problem. My friend that was out with us got third degree burns on her shoulders.

Edit:

Also, it rained ALL OF JUNE here in Boise. That is not normal around here and everyone couldn't stop commenting on it. We've also been having regular thunder storms as if we live in the mid-west or something. Crazy, loud, shake the house and scare the crap out of you thunder storms.

[edit on 4-7-2009 by nunya13]

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

Its strange isn't it! I hadn't realized that the UV index was so high around here, but surely they have been before!

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Same thing happened to my son yesterday. He's 9 and has never had a sunburn in his life. He has a naturally dark complexion and usually just gets darker. Yesterday he got burnt like a tomato and I must say, he's not very happy about it.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
There have been very few sunspots recently, and we are into the twelfth year instead of the norm of eleven years between solar minimums.
Here's what NASA have to say,

science.nasa.gov...

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
To give a view from the opposite perspective. I have worked nights most my life. not working now, but I still sleep mostly all day and stay awake all night.

I wonder....

What is the deal with the birds chirping like it's sunrise at 2 A.M. - 5 A.M. EST???

I have a feeling this is connected to the problems with sun, and even moon, and gravitational pulls. Everything is out of whack. Even peoples internal clocks are not working that I speak with. Friends whom never, ever needed an alarm clock to wake up, now flocking to the store for alarm clocks.

I think it all has to do with Sciencetific Climate changing done by man.

But in ALL MY LIFE I never heard birds chirping like this at 2 A.M., and this has been goingon for nearly 4-6 months.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

11 years is the average length of the cycle, not the norm. The norm is 9-14 years.
science.nasa.gov...

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Nola213

Being the divas that they are, songbirds don’t like noise. Urban birds have been known to alter their songs to be heard above the racket — making them shorter, higher pitched or louder, or changing their patterns.

But how about singing at night, when cities are quieter? Many birds that normally sing during the day have been observed singing at night. The culprit has usually been thought to be light, cities being so bright at night that the birds stop chirping later or start earlier.

Now a study of European robins in Sheffield, England, suggests that it is noise, not light, that drives these birds to sing at night.

The study, by Richard A. Fuller and colleagues at the University of Sheffield, measured noise levels and singing at 67 sites around the city, where on average ambient noise was an order of magnitude lower at night than during the day. They found that birds sang only during the day at 49 of the sites, and both day and night at 18. Daytime noise levels at these 18 sites were significantly higher than those at the others.

The researchers, whose study is published in Biology Letters, also measured nighttime light levels and found that increased light was only a weak predictor of nocturnal singing. Noise was by far the dominant effect.

www.nytimes.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join