It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Federal agents hunt for guns, one house at a time

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by miasria

the fire arms industry trumps local dealers....

[edit on 1-7-2009 by miasria]

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a question to pose for those die-hards ....

where do you draw the line?

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   

"The most foolish mistake we could possibly make would be to allow the subject races to possess arms." -Hitler

USA now^

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.” - Thomas Jefferson

USA then^

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   
It would be almost comical if it were not so....unAmerican....

THEY think "Oh, look all these people are buying guns! They MUST be funneling them to thugs in Mexico" when in reality, people are buying guns like crazy because of THEM.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by miasria

What do you mean? Can you expand upon this question a bit more? Sorry if I'm dense.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I will never buy a gun from a store. I do all my purchases privately from friends that i know have clean records.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I believe it was in Army times a few months back that I read that the Government will no longer recycle the militarys spent brass to be recycled and reloaded for commercial rounds making it tougher for the citizens to purchase ammo. If it is so.....Call me late for work but dont call me late for the REVOLUTION!

Does anybody have anything to add to this that it is accually being done?

(soldiers, when you hit the qualifiing range, better load up your pockets!)

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by larphillips

Originally posted by miasria

What do you mean? Can you expand upon this question a bit more? Sorry if I'm dense.

what i mean is, at what point would it be "ok" for "any" sort of gun confiscation to take place?

not trying to kick anyone here since i'm not happy with the state of things right now either. one of the things that i don't want to see happen is the outlaw of guns. texans for the most part are die-hard gun owners. as a texan i can personally make that statement.

it does sound like houston and the atf have a legitimate problem on their hands. for those who speak about more important issues...

that is an atf issue. they are not paid to deal with illegal aliens, etc.

it's alcohol, tobacco and firearms...

atf.

i would hate to see all the "agencies" get kicked around, so i'll cut the atf some slack and benefit of the doubt.

those "other" agencies need to do some house cleaning at the top. fbi, nsa, etc. i don't like the second in command with the cia either. not sure about the first.. we'll see.

and that lady who is running homeland security... we'll see how she does too. hopefully much better than the last guy.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   
we have a few people fishing around on this issue btw. they don't appear to be too bright, so they are looking for the stupid to bite.

i don't own guns, but i certainly wouldn't divulge my personal habits on this topic. especially if i didn't want anyone to know about what i had or much less buried

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by JalZhaunlUss
I will never buy a gun from a store. I do all my purchases privately from friends that i know have clean records.

lol.. and how many purchases have you made off the record?

good greif...

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by hadriana
It would be almost comical if it were not so....unAmerican....

THEY think "Oh, look all these people are buying guns! They MUST be funneling them to thugs in Mexico" when in reality, people are buying guns like crazy because of THEM.

very good point hadriana!

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by miasriawhat i mean is, at what point would it be "ok" for "any" sort of gun confiscation to take place?

If you are arrested for a crime, where a gun was used, then yes, that gun should be taken away... and that person should not be allowed to own a gun ever again.

Other than that? I don't know. I guess I can't think of another reason where that would be 'OK.'

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
So it is alright for our government to prosecute us for buying guns for criminals, yet they supply 1/3 of the worlds weapons. How many nations/groups has the government supplied weapons to that later turned out to be terrorists or used those weapons against our soldiers.

Who will prosecute them???

So you know I don't promote anyone buying weapons for gangs/criminals/terrorists. I am only pointing out another hypocrisy of our gov'ment.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   
((replying to original post))

BAM !

thats one less federal agent

wheres the - how many agents do we have left?

um, none

what about the- the last guy?

he quit

open the door - bam !

if they come into my house, they are shot instantly upon entry
how many agents left? none

right to bear arms . yes

right to help people, take care of friends, and be a good christian, hell yes

right to let agents get shot upon entering my house hell yeah

every house one more dead agent

force = fight back

discussion, and caring, politeness, and education, and family values = good normal things

(im sure they had a reason, and Im sure the courts knew about it. mostly i am joking about the "bam" approch)

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I'm not an avid weapon owner. I don't own a single piece. I don't ever want the right to bear arms (and i don't mean the animal kind either) taken away. I know that back when the right was written (and yes it's a right not a privilege - Just like voting and driving a car) it was for different purposes. England was taking away the weapons so that we couldn't hunt and had to buy English food...and not shoot at English soldiers. Back then fathers taught their sons to shoot so they can provide. Now we don't have that so much. My dad never taught me to shoot. The Boy Scouts and later the US Army did.

One of the things that has protected this country is that there is a certain percentage of citizens that own and will utilize in the event of an invasion.

Also does any govt want to mess with a bunch of armed citizens?

The govt may be afraid of a repeat of history, specifically 1912(? i know it was around that time) Russia and the October revolution. Although I can't ever see the general public of the US supporting a flat out commie revolution, although there are a lot of sponges living in this country who think that they are entitled to sticking their hand out. but I degress.

If I remember correctly doesn't the 'patriot act' throw out the constitution and allow warrent-less(sp?) searches based on probable cause? Someone find me a gun...I will not allow any search without a warrent.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by larphillips
If this is all the justification they need to make a warrentless search, then the Constitution has now been rendered meaningless.

Originally posted by mikerussellus
I didn't think too much of it at the time, until they stated that there were no warrants.

Does this mean that they can conduct 'search and siezure' without a warrant

Maybe I read a different news artical than everyone else.

No where in the story did it say they were conducting warrentless searches or any searches at all.

One of the examples even said the agents walked away when they saw a pit bull.

They were conducting an investigation and asking people questions. No warrant needed for that.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   
All my guns are legal, but not always reported, and this is the reason why.
buy 2nd hand, gun shows, there are ways to get around being put on a list.
I've learned to live off of the grid for I've sensed this coming since bush JR.
and also:
teflon coated hollow points. Not neccessarily legal, but nice to have just in case SHTF. You can buy a can of teflon and coat them yourself.
The new govt SS wears armor armor.
good word of advice to mind.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   
FFS

nobody is going to enter your homes and take your weapons of destruction.

Relax.

Why does everyone jump to senseless and illogical conclusions?

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by GorehoundLarry
Why does everyone jump to senseless and illogical conclusions?

Why does everyone bury their heads in the sand and pretend the worst is not ever going to happen?

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   
The BATF was concieved of, owned and operated by the international bankster folks to look after their interest, not the American peoples. The NSA, CIA, DIA, UN, the Mossad, Fed. Reserve, IMF, The World Bank, The Bank for International Settlements, etc. are all on the same team.

Return to States Rights, the US. Constitution, The Bill of Rights and perhaps you will gain your country back. These institutions are in place to 'control' you from escaping from your society of slavery and Fraud run by Tyrants who know not themselves.

This won't be easy, though just stick to your Rights. They are inherent, not merely 'given'.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join