It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New life form in sewers?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
it looks like a mass of blood worms,blood because of the color.hard to see the individual worms because camera is a bit out of focus.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
These are definitely Bryozoans that have found a nice place to grow. I live in Louisiana these things are easily found in any our swampy places living just above the water line or in and around drainage pipes just like the video in this link. Definitely a cool "alien" life form of which The Blob was probably based on.

Very weird sewer creature caught on tape

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
It reminds me of a polyp or a mass of Tubifex
Wikipedia/tubifex
Also Tubifex feed of feces so this being in a sewer system makes some sense.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I'm not sure about the Tubifex explanation. Our lovable sewer pasta demon looks like a solid mass of muscle, with worm like things shooting off of it. I did see the video of the Tubifex clustered together and it looks similar. But like I said, looks solid, kinda like a heart or a lung as opposed to a writhing mass of worms.

[edit on 30-6-2009 by Lazyninja]

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Anyone read "The Puppet Masters"?

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   
AHHH, the Fluke Worm from the X-Files series is real ?????

Reminds me of a politician......Bog Monster

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
When the camera pans down while looking at the second one is there something like a stem under the water connected to the slime ball? Looks like it is.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
These are not Bryozoans. I don't know what they are, but they are definitely not Bryozoans. Our bodies are hosts to many parasites, maybe someone's decided to grow after being expelled?

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Chimps chuckin' spears and swimmin'! Now these beautiful creatures! And 2012 just around the corner!

Ever play Shadowrun? I hope I become an Elf!

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I'm having a hard time believing these are Bryozoans. I was under the impression that Bryozoans didn't move and react so quickly.

I also noticed on the second specimen on it's left side, there is a worm like arm with a whitish tentacle , almost maggot like that wiggled around before retreating inside the worm like arm.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
If it's real...

We should figure out how to produce energy from IT.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
This was definitely a find and a half. Kudos to the OP who found it. I sent the link to Loren Coleman of cryptozoology fame, and hopefully if he doesn't upchuck all over his keyboard watching it, he'll have an idea of what it is.

I doubt its a worm colony simply cause its a whole unit, there doesn't seem to be a collective mass of items moving, just one big one.

Frakking freaky, man.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
What is so impressive about a video that does not work. While I am waiting for it to kick in, will it put a virus on my computer? I worry when I go to a site and something is frozen and won't work.

I hope everyone is not commenting on the still shot.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tartarspoon
I'm having a hard time believing these are Bryozoans. I was under the impression that Bryozoans didn't move and react so quickly.

I also noticed on the second specimen on it's left side, there is a worm like arm with a whitish tentacle , almost maggot like that wiggled around before retreating inside the worm like arm.

Look closely at the upper segment of all these creatures. They all have some strange movement that looks the same as the protruding part easier seen on the third one.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

This is a youtube link www.youtube.com... It is not as good quality as the Liveleak one, but should allow you to see it if you are having problems with Liveleak.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Bryozoans as one poster above said "definitely"

pics......www.bio.umass.edu...

not sure.....let's slice it thru ......could it be some sort of Sac filled with some juicy worms of some sort ............

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Ok slime things in a sewer, one guy mentions Shoggoth spawns and one guy says he works for the town of raleigh.

Releth pronounced the same as the above town is the home planet of Cthulhu.
The water in the video looks like its going in reverse... silly hoax.

Busted.

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 30-6-2009 by Darkpraetorian]

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I'm glad I logged back on.

They're not Bryozoans. They can't be. In the video, they are not in water. Bryozoans cannot survive unless they are in water!!

www.youtube.com...

It's not.

I still say gastropod because of the apparent secretions and type of movement.

It looks like a huge slug.

[edit on 6/30/2009 by ravenshadow13]

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkpraetorian

Except that your theory of a hoax has holes from the simple fact that snake cams like this are used in sewer pipes daily.

The company which shot the footage is a real company. There is no way that is CGI, that is a living "breathing" creature. As was mentioned before, it is VERY hard to get "wetness" perfected in CGI scenes.

I think we are past the hoax debate and more on the identification part.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I know what it is...

It's those things from Half Life, that jump on your head and eat your brain turning you into a zombie!

DUH!

Seriously.. that's what they look like, and it's kinda scary.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join