It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New life form in sewers?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Sorry to disappoint but it's a Zergling in the early phases of brooding...yeah I know we had to relocate the hatchery due to the economy.
Interesting find....looks extremely disgusting but still interesting.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by gwynnhwyfar
After looking at the Tubifex clump video and then back at the original video from the sewer, it does look like that could be what it is. It's the right color, and it must be covered with some slimy stuff that partially conceals the individual worms. It seems to move slower than the worm video though, and the outermost strands don't wave around like the worm video, they seem to cling to the wall and crevices. Very interesting!! I worked as a certified nurse aide for a while, and the first thing that came to my mind when I watched the video from the sewer was that the color and texture of it looked a lot like a rectal prolapse, which would be so appropriate...!

[edit on 30-0620096-0909 by gwynnhwyfar]

Honestly that's what I thought too it does look a lot like a rectal prolapse...I didn't want to say anything about that...since...well, I am not a Doctor or a nurse!

I still think they are cute little things!

The sewer creatures that is

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Is it a politician?
Apparently they can look very ugly when freshly arisen, after a night on the expenses.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Wow, I think I lost sanity points for that.

What in Azathoth's black hole are those things? Tyranid spores?

Reminds me of the alien in John Carpenter's The Thing.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Sowhtt

A life form, living with urine, feces. blood, chemicals and whatever else makes it down there. No one has ever heard of them before, but scientists just throw out some crazy explanation of they are organisms from millions of years ago and that makes it alright?

These things are living off our waste in the harshest enviroment known to man and we are supposed to not worry.

Didn't NASA and others say they went to to the arctic and extremely high temperature seismic vent pools to look for microbial life that would survive on other planets like "Mars"

Why is it then that they couldn't mention these things? Either someone is lying or these extreme biological life forms have been hush hush up until now! Could you think of a more extreme and acidic environment than a sewer for something to attach itself to and survive? Especially one that looks totally fleshy and exposed like that.

Someone is lying! I am not buying it, and why haven't we ever heard of these before - must have just missed the biology and Earth science 101!

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by TwiTcHomatic

That fleshy interactive biological entity is hardly a plant like Bryozoan.

How dumb do you think the public really is!

Bryozoans - no! What - I don't know but thats not it. You tell us who ever came up with Bryozoans

Can anyone show me one instance from any historical record from any time of a fleshy tentacle bearing and interactive contracting sewer Bryozoan?

One from any time period or study. In fact just one post to this thread that scientists were studying these Bryozoans and came up with this conclusion with a diagram of its internal organs or an actual image would suffice.

[edit on 1-7-2009 by arizonascott]

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   
after readung all of the details i'll have to wait a bit before i look at this... lol

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Well...

it can be extra terrestrial... thats not a so far fetched option is it?

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by FraternitasSaturni
Well...

it can be extra terrestrial... thats not a so far fetched option is it?

Only if all other options have been exhausted, and one could be studied.
Personally I wouldn't be calling every blobby unfamiliar life form alien, or even suggesting it.

[edit on 1-7-2009 by T0by]

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by warrenb

These creatures were found in the sewer under Cameron Village in Raleigh, NC. Speculation 'round the campfire is that they're bryozoans, although there's some debate about that.

Other theories floated: cnideria, slime molds, and shoggoth spawn.

en.wikipedia.org...

Your post turned up this as a search result when I started investigating...

Seems it happened in Denver in February of last year as well..

Evidently this species is over 350 milion years old...

Here is some more.... blogs.howstuffworks.com...

[edit on 1-7-2009 by HunkaHunka]

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Came across that as well... but, that really looks nothing like what is in the latest video. It could be just a bad pic from the Denver one, but at this point I am not seeing the same thing.

Plus, this latest one does not look afraid of the water...

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Ok, time to be reasonable.
Possible Explanations.
Active Sludge
Fungus
Algae culture
Non Complete Coral Culture

Unreasonable Explanations.
Alien
Evolved species of something
Experiment
Experiment by thee government

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   
I remember reading about a blob of some sort that came out of the water of a canal and crossed a road. This is likely similar to that organism I would guess.

I can not remember where I read it but is was more than a year ago.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 12:49 AM
link   
its an alien turd flushed from Area 51

second line

Mod Edit: Adding "second line" to a post doesn't make it any less of a 1-liner. If you're not going to contribute to a thread in a positive manner, please move on to the next.

[edit on 1-7-2009 by Gemwolf]

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 12:49 AM
link   

I updated my posts with more links...
It is... it's hilarious... there are 8,000 different species of Bryozoa...

eight thousand!

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   
I think we narrowed it down to one of two things:

1. Secretary of the Treasury
2. Congress...person

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Yeah I came across that fact earlier today. I have been researching those since I posted the thread this afternoon.

The only thing I can say is IF it is what this is.. this is a new variation. There is no documentation of this type living outside (not submerged fully) of water, or even looking like these.

But then you have self proclaimed Byrozoan experts that say it isn't.. that it is a Tubifex. So it is difficult to come to a complete conclusion. Do I think it is alien.. that is a bit premature, but we have species going extinct daily, why cant we have new ones forming at the same rate?

[edit on 1-7-2009 by TwiTcHomatic]

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Wow creepy. And they said the Blob was just fiction!

No really, this thing is definitely alive, but as others have alluded to it is likely some sort of worm or tentacled animal that is covered in all the nasty. At least that seems like the most plausible answer.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 01:15 AM
link   
After much research I think I have found the answer.

It is PURE, CONCENTRATED EEEEVIL.

Nah just kidding, It's gross. But I wonder if it tastes good.

Let's catch it and cut it up!

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Looks like a cancerous growth.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeewww

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join