It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New life form in sewers?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Oh gawd, that was disgusting. It's probably the unholy aborted by-product of (incorrect orifice) impregnation that was flush down the toilet.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 01:22 AM
link   
This video looks fake to me, there's something "polished like a video game trailer" about it...

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 01:31 AM
link   
has anyone thought this is just.. the inside of some guys sphincter?
seriosly
colonoscope much???

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by amatrine

Isn't that where many human brains go to hide out..?

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 01:38 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 01:42 AM
link   
San Francisco...

Sewer...

It's got to be the result of decades of countless forms of bacteria and semen intermingling.

[edit on 1-7-2009 by alaskan]

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by GioTheGreek
and I quote:

Thanks for the video – I had not see it before. No, these are not bryozoans! They are clumps of annelid worms, almost certainly tubificids (Naididae, probably genus Tubifex). Normally these occur in soil and sediment, especially at the bottom and edges of polluted streams. In the photo they have apparently entered a pipeline somehow, and in the absence of soil they are coiling around each other. The contractions you see are the result of a single worm contracting and then stimulating all the others to do the same almost simultaneously, so it looks like a single big muscle contracting. Interesting video.

Tubifex

Tubifex worms in wild

My father is a leading entomologist and also immediately identified these as tubifex worm. I'd say case closed if this is the case...

check out some of the google image results for tubifex you'll see they like to clump up!

[edit on 1/7/09 by GhostR1der]

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   
I saw the video earlier and I am going with a gag or viral marketing for a movie. Wouldn't be surprised if another video is posted with one hatching later.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Let's take a few moments to sum up...

1. The Animal
We have an unknown creature that is aware of and sensitive to its surroundings. Resembles a cancerous/tumour like growth and/or an egg sack similar to a spiders. Fleshy, wet appearance yet is not in the water. Tentacles. roots, feelers and/or feeders spreading out from a membrane that seems to have some form of cautionary reactions to protect certain parts of itself.. A bit like a snails eyes.

2. The Environment
Water, excreted matter of various kinds, bleaches and other detergents, weed killers, oil, grease, bacteria, gas, moulds (various), rotting matter from plastics, metals, plant and flesh, numerous other man made chemicals and anything else you can think of that we pour down a drain and/or put into our water systems or throw on our streets/lawns etc.

3. The Pipes
Possibly been there within the last 100 years. Need to find date as to when they were laid. Full scan of the rest of the sewer network.

How has this thing evolved? What from? How did it find its way to this extreme environment? How does it survive in such hostility?
Is it completely immune to most man made products?

It seems possible that we are only seeing a portion of the full creature.
Why does it 'root' itself in the joints of pipes? Is it possible that a bigger portion lives around the outside of the pipe and has gained a hold through the joints?

Is it all one creature rather than three separate individuals?

I'm sure there are several other questions we could be asking too...

But on a lighter note...
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c36d20be57d5.jpg[/atsimg]
www.filmofilia.com...

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 02:44 AM
link   
kill it with a stick

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by TwiTcHomatic

Wooohoo and thanks. That is some strange creature. I would hate for somebody to hit me with one of those while riding a bike down a dark road.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by GhostR1der

I did a google search but it didn't convince me. I want to see another picture of them seeing them "mounted" on a wall. I also watched the videos with those tubifex and didn't see them move in the way they did as in the sewer video.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 03:12 AM
link   

definitely looks like tubiflex.... check out this vid

[edit on 1-7-2009 by juzchilln]

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 03:17 AM
link   
also it just occured to me. How can it be a 350 million year old life. I have seen those before in ponds infact there is a video of rednecks blowin them up. They dont react to light like that.

Whatever these are they dont like light.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by juzchilln

definitely looks like tubiflex.... check out this vid

[edit on 1-7-2009 by juzchilln]

again the reaction to light??

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 03:42 AM
link   
WTF is that?

Looks real enough to me because that video does not look like it used any special effects!! Looks kinda ugly..... makes you think about 'Aliens' the movie.... and all those eggs........ damn! Next we'll be seeing some huge Alien........

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Is this not inside somebody's rectum? I've never travelled down a sewer pipe so I gotta ask, do they REALLY look all slimey and covered in what look like veins? 'Cus to me this looks like somebody's colonoscopy.

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Okay I just have to say this as it's starting to really bother me. Anyone who thinks this thing is a bunch of tubifex worms needs a course in observation. It's clear to even a partially blind person that that is definately not what we're looking at in this video.

I have totally no idea WHAT it is but I'm fairly certain that tubifex worms are not the answer here. I dont even need to have a father leading the field of entomology to realise that what I'm looking at there is neither worms clumped together nor a pumkin looking bryozoan.

If those are tubifex worms, please explain to me why some of the worms dont clump to the central part but instead appear to cling to the walls thereby holding the mass of the object in place ?

Explain to me why when exposed to light, certain tentacles retract INTO the central part. Explain to me why they aren't all writhing around like the ridiculous video that's being used to prove that lame-ass theory.

Honestly it annoys me when "experts" in certain "fields" come up with the most laughable explanations for what they're seeing simply because they HAVE to have an answer. God forbid they say "I dont know", after all that studying at university - how embarrassing would it be for a person who dedicates his life to studying spongy blobs and maggot orgies to not know what he was looking at.

Bah, cant we just accept that this thing is something either extremely rare or entirely new.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 03:56 AM
link   
I was going for tubiflex worms, but, do they live outside of water?

And the video of the tubiflex doesn't really look like the OP's.
Maybe it's a variation of them, though.

Really nice find!

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 04:14 AM
link   
I have to say that i havent read every post so if i'm repeating someones material then i apologise.

The first thing that crossed my mind was that if these things are in the sewers (and assuming this is not a hoax of any kind) then what defence do they have against the rats that i assume also frequent those areas?

Having only a basic knowledge of vermin, but knowing a few of their habits, there is not much that the rat community will not eat but they do seem to have an almost psychic, or telepathic ability to communicate with their co-inhabitants. I wonder if this "organism" has any defensive capabilities and, if not, does it "warn" off predators in some way to save itself?

Just a thought. good thread by the way, very enjoyable.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join