It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

M.J's Thriller Stuck in My Head

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Hey All,

First of all - sorry, so sorry for starting another thread about Michael Jackson. I know it's silly, but this one just happens to use his music.

We're all used to having a song stuck in our heads. But for some reason I've had Thriller really stuck in mine for over 4 days now. Four days of Thriller continuously playing in my head. If the US used this at Gitmo, it would be ruled torture. It all started the moment I heard he was dead.

Nothing against the man, but his death seems to have triggered something in my brain that just wants to hear that song again and again and... again.

Tonight I've just finished listening to Becks 'Sea Change" album lying on a bean bag and not really thinking about anything. Lovely album. What is the first thing I hear right after the last song has finished? ITS A THRILLER, THRILLER NOW.... Oh my god why doesn't it stop.

My work place is outside, surrounded by nature. Nice and quiet, plenty of time to think about the world. Today it was just THRILLER... THRILLER NOW...

Now, being on ATS I should mention I don't believe it's a conspiracy, nor is the Govt. beaming it into my mind.
It's just an annoying mental 'tick' I seem to have developed when I heard he was dead. And I didn't even really like the man when he was alive. Something deep down there is stuck on repeat and I've never had it so bad before.

I know the scientific reasoning behind what I'm experiencing, but that's rather dull. What I'm after is a decent way to take my mind off it so my brain has a chance to 'wind down' that part of my brain that's firing off this memory again and again. Any suggestions?

On a more serious note, I now (vaguely) understand the hell schizophrenics must go through hearing voices/sounds/whatever repeating in their minds. After awhile, it's all you think about, thereby lowering your resistance and the ability to ignore it.

Anyone else had the same experience (not necessarily the same artist/song)?

After reading thru, I thought this might fit in at BTS (which I view as a different community and have stayed away from), but like alot of ATS'ers, I'll figured I'd just throw it here in Skunk Works - the clearing house for all the misfit threads that don't fit in elsewhere!

Cheers

Shane

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 06:44 AM
link   
When I read the thread title I immediately thought of the Indian version of Thriller - when I saw this I sang it for days after (and I didn't even really know the words).

Anyway, I'm the same way with old tv ads - this is one of my fav's from Australia:

I also find myself repeating random crap from movies on occasion, especially Arnold Schwarzenegger one liner's set to music like this - it's what I'd call Schwarzenegger mind control:

"Put that cookie down!"

[edit on 30/6/09 by Evasius]

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 06:47 AM
link   
This has been stuck in my head for a few days. It's cute and 'catchy' ...

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
This has been stuck in my head for a few days. It's cute and 'catchy' ...

Yeah, thanks for that FlyersFan, this tune has been stuck in my mind for the past 4 days since I clicked your link.

I was even singing it in the shower this morning!

[edit on 30-6-2009 by franspeakfree]

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 06:53 AM
link   
This might take your mind of MJ forever.....and make you laugh (warning tasteless)

[edit on 30/6/2009 by OzWeatherman]

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 06:53 AM
link   
I also have Michael's bad and thriller in my head also since he die, but this due in part to the comeback of his music on the radio and TV.

Remember that back in the 80s when his music was hot we all endured the over and over lyrics everywhere.

Now that his death is bringing back memories is has been a big comeback.

It doesn't bother me because it just makes me feel like I am in my 20s again.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Will this help?

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 07:38 AM
link   
I have big trouble falling asleep at night. I learned a trick when I was a kid. Everytime the song starts to pop up in my head, I remember the white noise and static from a television station that is off the air. It usually takes several tries, but I just keep inserting it over the song everytime it pops up.

I also heard the guys from Rascall Flats talk about their cure on a radio interview. I guess for a band, this could be a big distraction, especially in the writing phase.

They said they sing the lyrics of Amazing Grace to the tune of Old Mcdonald's Farm. (Or something like that.) Anything would probably work, just stimulate this part of your brain in an unusual way, and hopefully it will help! You could Pavlov it! Take a shot of lemon juice everytime the song pops up! Maybe your brain will catch on to the 'sourness' of the song!

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   
LOL my family is playing that song over and over again and i still love dancing to it.

I think this song was about when his dad would come into the room through the window with a mask on his face to frighten Micheal when he was a kid. SAD! But i also think it might represent the media treatment of Micheal Jackson too.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Here is my 2 cents worth of video posting:

[edit on 30-6-2009 by Applesandoranges]

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
You are a very lucky person to have such a good song stuck in your head. I had the Carls Jr "Mini Buffalo Ranch Chicken Sandwich" song stuck in my head for a week now, and I'm sitting at my desk pounding my head on the keyboard, eating McDonalds

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 03:28 AM
link   
I was just listening to the song lyrics and i wa shtinking if someone did try to kill Micheal Jackson it sounds exactly played out like in the lyrics. Scary!

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Evasius
When I read the thread title I immediately thought of the Indian version of Thriller - when I saw this I sang it for days after (and I didn't even really know the words).

Anyway, I'm the same way with old tv ads - this is one of my fav's from Australia:

I also find myself repeating random crap from movies on occasion, especially Arnold Schwarzenegger one liner's set to music like this - it's what I'd call Schwarzenegger mind control:

"Put that cookie down!"

[edit on 30/6/09 by Evasius]

I had a great laugh at some of this thread, especially the Arnie video.

Who the heck puts such nonsense together.

"Deflate and inflate your breasts on command!"

[edit on 4-7-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Thriller will now forever be associated by me with Darth Vader thrusting away... Brilliant!

On the plus side the songs still playing in my head, only not so often. Give it another week and I should be clean!

Thanks to all the replies, they've been awesome!

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Imagine the tourist in London who now have it stuck in their head too

ROYAL MILITARY PLAYS THRILLER TO TOURISTS

MICHAEL Jackson's mega hit Thriller has been given this hilarious revamp by the army's world-famous Band of the Coldstream Guards - just a stones throw from Buckingham Palace.
Hordes of tourists were left open-mouthed as they were treated to the spectacular show on Wednesday by the top military band.

Forty drummers, trumpeters, clarinet and trombone players belted out the song.

The band marched in formations almost mimicking the famous choreographed zombie routine from the music video.

"It came out of nowhere," Philip Marfleet, 22, said who watched in awe with pals.

"We were stunned.

"They were practising some more traditional tunes and then all of a sudden they started playing Thriller.

"What a moment."

[edit on 7/4/2009 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

That would have been absolutely brilliant to see live.

[edit on 5/7/09 by shamus78]

new topics

top topics

join