It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Smoker decides to grow his own tobacco

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I am not a smoker, never have. But I grew tobacco in an historical garden where I volunteered at a living history museum. It is a great looking plant and has a wonderful smell. The smell is rich and thick. It has only the slightest smell like modern cigarettes...which smell terrible. Have you ever made a fire on the beach or in the woods and smelled that musky wood burning and it smells so good. I think that is what it must be like with natural organic tobacco. I reccommend growing it just to experience the beauty of it. very unusual by modern standards

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Edrick

Actually......No. And i doubt very much it answers yours.

Anti-smoking bill.

Its contradictory if you ask me, my understanding of 'Anti' is of being opposed to a principal or concept, concept in this case being 'smoking bill'.

Sticking 'Anti' in front of this concept is like a not not thing. Oxymoron type thing

Anyways your passing comment left me very little residue to think about, did you only read the last 2 lines of my post ??

Take a look around, WE PAY MORE FOR EVERYTHING these days, so your comment goes without saying.

Revise the word ADVERSE in its context in my post and you will see that i was simply stating a possible theory, not commenting on the understanding of Anti-smoking bill.

Thanks again. 4-0

[edit on 30/6/2009 by scubagravy]

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by scubagravy

I don't see it that way.Using flouride could be and excuse to make profit and get rid of industrial waste.Some politicians may actually believe they are doing good by forcing it upon us.Smokers would be singled out because they can.A minority of the population smokes.If it was a majority that smoked then taxes would be much lower.Obama may think he is forcing something good on us.Every politician will have his own motive.At one time the tobacco companies had so much influence they subsidized selling American cigarettes overseas.Most politicians do not think about fairness .They think about getting elected.The democrats made healthcare reform an issue so they had to do something.They wanted to provide more free health care to children in families making over 40,000 dollars and they needed to to get that money from a minority group to do it.Smokers pay more than a fair share in taxes because they are a minority group.Politicians have become no different than a guy that robs you at gun point.They should be treated as criminals

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Your right it won't last long. I heard in my state at least it is illegal to grow any intoxicating substance for drug related use.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by scubagravy

Fair enough...

I was mainly trying to say, that it is less that they want people to smoke less, and it seems that they just want to make more money off of smokers.

That was my only point.

-Edrick

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Tenneguy

All in all, we are being cheated left right and centre, yes they had to do something about healthcare, so they had to take it from a minority you say, probably so..... But you only have to compare the goverments spending on defence and black-ops in comparison to healthcare, then its easy to see when it comes to caring for the people the care factor is maybe slightly above zero.

What is the meaning of equality when we have a country such as America with a leader labelled The Most Powerful Man in the World, kind of sounds like the NWO has been here all along. Policing all over the world, getting their dirty mits into everyones pie whilst there own kitchen is burning to the ground.

They need to introduce a POTUS TAX, tax his power of control.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Edrick

I knew what you meant mate, i just get a bit nippy late at night lol, this website has so much good stuff on it, it keeps me up for hours on end, you made a good and valid point, cheers for your reply.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I'm not a smoker myself, but 100 points to the guy for this!

Besides the savings on the extorionate taxes he'd normally pay on his cigs, he'll no doubt be growing his own in a controlled environment where he knows *exactly* what he's using and adding (if anything). I couldn't imagine the amount of crap and junk the Big Tabacco people add to theirs for mass consumption.

Well done!

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join