It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Gayby boom': Children of gay couples speak out

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Why would kids of these marriages neccessarily feel tormented? I grew up with several friends who I knew had gay or lesbian parents and they were no worse off than anyone else.

Somehow I think a lot more kids are embarrassed alcoholic parents or those who beat or molest them than they are by a gay parent. Most families do have at least on homosexual in them, my cousin is gay and no one cares including heer deeply religious parents who used to have issues with the lifestyke.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Didn't feal like reading everything but it's a good article. I am of the christian faith but i'm not against gay marriage or gays. I believe what i want to believe. The only thing that i'm against is the marriage under god. They can get married IMHO any other way but not at a church. Now kids with homosexual parents are just going to be more open to beliefs and what ever else.

Yes i know i am a contradictary person but thats the way i am. I'm just not a religous freak and beleive that ppl can believe what they want.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by godsmack2020

While you may not be in favor of homosexuals getting married in your church, which is your right and I nor anyone else should deny you, there is a Christian Church those who choose to may hold their weddings, the Metropolitan Community Church. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, there is such a thing as a gay Christian Church. We are not by any way trying to take over your churches, and do respect your rights to conduct your churches as you see fit.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by NatureBoy

but thats all well and good what YOU think

Yes it is well and good what I think...thanks for pointing that out...

i personally think its terrible that redneck gunrights nuts are setting such a bad example to their children and i believe this could and often does cause all manor of later psychological problems and sometimes even results in the deaths of totally innocent people!

huh??
you lost me at redneck...

How would you feel i i started banning republicans from getting married?

First, you are nobody, and you have no such power, or right. Second, I could care less. Your obvious ASSumptions about me are way off base, and I have a feeling you have a good case of of the typical "don't know your a** from a whole in the ground...itis."

Second, I am libertarian, so I could careless.

obama has his 60th senate seat now he #could# do it

Is this supposed to impress me or something? Because it is one of the funniest comments I have read on ATS in over two years.

But then im big enough
..wait, wait...
..OK, please continue...I guess...

to admit that what i want doesn't go for everyone and heck i suppose we'll just have to try best we can to offer those poor kids some form of psychological help when they need it, some friendly pointers an all 'cause you shouldn't impose your values on others if its none of your business.

Number 1 sherlock, this is a public forum. The topic is open for discussion, hence the word "forum" after "Breaking Alternative News."

Number 2 Nature Boy (boy is a good fit, btw, because I wouldn't think twice if you were 8 years old) I have not "imposed my will" on anyone. This was a discussion where I gave my opinion and others gave their opinion. If you can't see that it was a cordial one, where no one was taking jabs at each other, and everyone was partaking in it like adults (until you came along), then the only thing I can really tell you is to
open your eyeballs. Good luck with that, because you got a looooong way to go, bud

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by open_eyeballs

I, for one, have found your posts to be quite civil in this thread. You in no way deserved a response like the one nature boy posted. In fact, the post he replied to was very civil, and in no way was offensive. Me thinks we have another troll in our midst! Really, there was no need for that!

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

cool, thanks for the backing. As someone who has a hard time reading context at times, I too have kinda pushed the limits on replies to posts I weren't particularly fond of. But, usually, I go back and re-read the post to make sure I understand it correctly, that way I don't sound like an ass.

But, unfortunately, my butt overrides my mouth at times as well, so I try not to hold grudges when the shoe is on the other foot. And when I get replies like that it gives me good ammo to practice my sarcasm..haha...I know, im lame

edit to add;

love the pic btw..too hilarious...

[edit on 30-6-2009 by open_eyeballs]

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by open_eyeballs

lol maybe you should go read what you posted again, what i posted and rethink the venom you spat bigman?

I was saying, YOU may think that gays don't deserve the right to marry / bring up kids, i was simply juxtaposing your 'valid' view with one that surely noone on ATS would support i.e. that the new status quo could ban people thinking any other way... I wasn't calling you a republican and i as i said i don't think it's anyones place to get involved in other peoples lives if what they're doing doesn't affect anyone else anyway.

You did however demonstrate a vital point in this debate quiet well though, It's fine for you to basically claim that being a homosexual is a bad thing and any normal person should and will be ashamed to know one (certainly their own children anyway) but then when i 'attack' your viewpoint suddenly it's not fair because its just your opinion, etc..... EXACTLY like how the church hate anyone that disobeys their life code but then cry religious persicution should anyone not like their ways, scientology vs 'the psychs' (they produce hours of anti-psychiatric videos, etc) compared with scientology vs anon (they complain widely when a video is made talking about their insanity and crimes.)

If bringing kids up to think its fine for two same sex adults to be romantic is bad for them then..... Doesn't some of the catholic dogma have a negative effect of kids? or simply telling them the world was made by an all powerful wizard who looks after good people (but not on this earth only afterwards) also a dangerous and potentially child damaging thing? If all kids are going to be taught the single best and safest way why not just take them all into massive state run education facilities as soon as they're born? oh right because that would be a terrible and evil thing!

edit to add, oh and if you're wondering what you said which i found offensive it was this,

I know the day is coming where I will have to sit down and talk with my son because he is going to ask me why that man looks and acts like a girl. I shouldnt have to do that

You seem to be saying that a man shouldn't be aloud to act like a girl because it might.... no wait, i don't think i even know why you're too scared to tell your child that some people aren't bound by the traditional gender stereotypes. I suppose you think it's bad if woman want to act like men and get jobs, vote, etc?

Some random dude flouncing past your son wearing a flowery shirt whistling la bohem isn't going to warp his little mind, if it is then gosh he could do with the lesson in life before he starts to discover just how crazy this little spinning ball really is!

[edit on 1-7-2009 by NatureBoy]

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Im gunna try to make this short, because your obviously very sensitive to this subject and are having a very hard time with it. So I wont be as crass as I was in my last reply.

rethink the venom you spat

If you think that is venom, then theres nothing reasonable I can say to you to help you understand.

I was saying, YOU may think that gays don't deserve the right to marry / bring up kids

never said that. again, your not getting it.

, i was simply juxtaposing your 'valid' view with one that surely noone on ATS would support i.e.

Actually, if you read the posts from those whom I was adressing, it is plainly obvious an understanding and respect was upheld for eachothers view. And mine really isn't one of negativity, especially the way you seem to believe it is. And a few of us even came to an agreement about those exact topics.

as i said i don't think it's anyones place to get involved in other peoples lives if what they're doing doesn't affect anyone else anyway.

Then why are you here? Why are you trying to tell me how wrong I am?... A little hipocriticle. Don't ya think?

It's fine for you to basically claim that being a homosexual is a bad thing

Huh? I have no idea where you go that from...I never even implied that.

and any normal person should and will be ashamed to know

Dude, your not even close, and you have misconstrued and twisted what I said to such an extreme, it has become apparent that you may have some serious anger and self confidence issues.

I have no problem with any decision anyone makes with his sexual life or who he lives with in what way. Homosexuality has been around for thousands of years. But what has changed is that some men who are gay think they have to parade around like little girls for attraction reasons or whatever. For example and this is a moderate version. The guy from Will and Grace. On one hand, you have a man who is just a man with a sexual preference (no problem by me), and the other acts like a little girl and very immature (very repulsive to me).

EXACTLY like how the church hate anyone that disobeys their life code but then cry religious persicution should anyone not like their ways, scientology vs 'the psychs' (they produce hours of anti-psychiatric videos, etc) compared with scientology vs anon (they complain widely when a video is made talking about their insanity and crimes.)

So, your comparing me to the church, scientology and anonymous??

My viewpoint is nothing like the church. Im not even religious, at all. I am agnostic. So again, your in left field, and your comparisons are not even on the same field.

If bringing kids up to think its fine for two same sex adults to be romantic is bad for them then..... Doesn't some of the catholic dogma have a negative effect of kids? or simply telling them the world was made by an all powerful wizard who looks after good people (but not on this earth only afterwards) also a dangerous and potentially child damaging thing? If all kids are going to be taught the single best and safest way why not just take them all into massive state run education facilities as soon as they're born? oh right because that would be a terrible and evil thing!

theres a nice forum for your views, where your able to express your view on religion and spirituality religion, faith and Spirituality Forum

Im sure they will love to here your babel.

edit to add, oh and if you're wondering what you said which i found offensive it was this,

At this point I really don't care. But in response. A man should not parade around in public like a little girl. What he does in his private home is fine and dandy. Youll here nothing from me. But the second you enter public domain, where ultimately you have an affect on others surrounding you, it is not ok and it is irresponsible. Im not saying it should be illegal. Im not saying they are a bad person. Im not saying they shouldnt be allowed to marry. I am saying it is not ok with me to have any affect on my children.

Here is a good comparison with a different aspect. In the very same sense it would not be ok with me for a regular heterosexual man, to be running around like a steroid using lunatic wrestler. Yelling and screaming and wanting to fight everything in site. Same thing. A man doesnt need to parade around like a lunatic or a girl. So, if you don't like that, all I can say is tuff.

I suppose you think it's bad if woman want to act like men and get jobs, vote, etc?

Your statements get dumber and dumber
, and Im finding it harder and harder to come up with the words identifying their stupidity.

Some random dude flouncing past your son wearing a flowery shirt whistling la bohem isn't going to warp his little mind

Here is the first thing you have said actually worth responding to. What this boils down for me is, its all an act. It is fake. They are not born like that. They learn to be like that through their peers and what they think other gay men are attracted to, (which I find odd considerning they are gay, and one would think they would be attracted to a more manly man)Those gays on t.v. whom run around with their mannerisms and eccentricities are a form of "hey, look at me, I can be the gayest guy around...see!"

And here I am with my son, just trying to teach him the basics in life, and how to live a good healthy (not saying a gay man cant live a good healthy life..ok?) life, now I have to explain to him why this man we saw in the park was dressed somewhat like a girl and talking and acting like one too.

As another gay man in this very thread gave me a good way to handle the situation. And his words will be used. Again sir. Thanks, and I appreciate your words of wisdom.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Then why are you here? Why are you trying to tell me how wrong I am?... A little hipocriticle. Don't ya think?

Well as you pointed out thus us a forum for debates and stuff, sharing opinions.

Huh? I have no idea where you go that from...I never even implied that.

Dude, your not even close, and you have misconstrued and twisted what I said to such an extreme, it has become apparent that you may have some serious anger and self confidence issues.

So remind me, if there is noting wrong with gayness or gays what's the problem with 'guys who act like girls' which bothers you so much?!?!? Sure though try to win the debate by insulting me some more, if i don't agree with you it MUST because of terrible issues i have..... right...... meanwhile my arguments get ignored.

I have no problem with any decision anyone makes with his sexual life or who he lives with in what way.

Unless they want to act in a way you don't think fits their gender roll model then 'it is not ok and it is irresponsible' for some reason you have yet to explain.

So, your comparing me to the church, scientology and anonymous??

No silly, i am comparing what you are doing in the argument to the church AND to scientology (not anon though) and saying that you are getting offended that i don't like that you want to oppress people and you are complaining by saying that i'm trying to oppress you..... We either neither have a right to speak or we both do, thats my point i'm not trying to attack your life style i'm saying it's not ok to attack peoples life style just to defend your own.

A man should not parade around in public like a little girl.

WHY? What is wrong with that?

I am saying it is not ok with me to have any affect on my children.

What is the terrible effect they're going to have?

So, if you don't like that, all I can say is tuff.

But why do YOU have the right to choose this? why isn't it if you don't like men acting like girls then tuff?

I suppose you think it's bad if woman want to act like men and get jobs, vote, etc?

Your statements get dumber and dumber , and Im finding it harder and harder to come up with the words identifying their stupidity.

Lol fine instead of debating my points call me stupid, that will certainly work.... Now you've run out of words though maybe you can find some to explain why its so acceptable for a woman to break free of her gender rolls but terrible should a man do the same?

its all an act. It is fake. They are not born like that.

SO? What's the problem with that? why can't someone male choose to be flamboyant?

They learn to be like that through their peers

Again SO? A natural human without any memes leant from peers is a savage and wild thing, wearing clothes isn't 'natural' nor is high communication, medicine, ,etc, etc society develops as we learn and understand more about society.

And here I am with my son, just trying to teach him the basics in life, and how to live a good healthy (not saying a gay man cant live a good healthy life..ok?) life, now I have to explain to him why this man we saw in the park was dressed somewhat like a girl and talking and acting like one too.

What's to explain? Is it harder to explain why a guy is dressed with a touch of flare than it is to explain why someone has devoted their life to wearing a suit and working in a cubicle 9 to 5? Or why the pope wears a funny hat? Or why England has a queen? Or why the people who knock on the door believe that jesus is the only answer to salvation?

Life is very very complex, as they say 'it takes all sorts' and at some point your kid is going to have to come to grips with this simple fact, it is one of the most basic basics - the world is full of interesting and weird things we have to pick our own path between them by thinking for ourselves and we can only do that if we understand the world for what it is, not what our parents wanted it to be.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Well, NatureBoy, I also do not care for gay men who act more like a woman than women do, and I am gay! It makes life tougher for the rest of us when some go out of their way to reenforce the 'stereotype', when a majority of gay men do not fit said stereotype. When I see such flambouyant displays, I find myself muttering 'Why don't you act like you actually have a pair!' under my breath. Expressing such an opinion does not make on a homophobe, and the post by open_eyeballs that you had such a problem with was not hateful in the slightest, but your response(s) certainly have been.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   

No, there is no such thing as a gay Christian church. Christianity is very clear about homosexuality.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Totakeke

Well, you are dead wrong! They are in most major cities across the country. And it is Judaism that states homosexuality is a 'sin'. Please give me just one quote from the New Testament that supports your position. The only 'biblical' reference is in the Old Testament, otherwise known as the 'Torah', aka Jewish Holy Book!

Edit to add: List of Christian denominational positions on homosexuality Scroll down the page to the chart and notice how many are green.

Lewis Black on the Old Testament and Christianity's take of it:

[edit on 1-7-2009 by JaxonRoberts]

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Romans 1:27 King James Version "And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet."

There is no such thing as a gay Christian church. Any Christian church that preaches that homosexuality isn't a sin is not a Christian church. There's a big difference between calling your church "Christian" and actually being a Christian church.

[edit on 1-7-2009 by Totakeke]

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Read edit to my last post. I'll concede Romans, but this was written by someone who never met Jesus, and was probably well versed in the Torah. Show me any mention in the Gospels where Jesus himself refers to homosexuality. I'll even let you refer to the Gnostic Gospels, even though their authenticity is very much in question.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   

I'm not sure whether or not Jesus spoke about homosexuality. But the Bible, which is God's Word, is clear about homosexuality. It is a sin and any church which claims to be Christian and preaches that it isn't a sin isn't a true Christian church.

Leviticus 18:22 KJV "Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination."

[edit on 1-7-2009 by Totakeke]

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   

IN YOUR OPINION! Since many denominations don't feel the same way as you do, it is foolish to make such a broad statement. You are entitled to your opinion, but you do not speak for an entire religion, nor do you speak for all Christians. To speak in absolutes is foolish at best.

Also, this has absolutely nothing to do with the topic presented in the OP, and to be quite honest, I could really care less, as I find little of value in Christian teachings anyway.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   

I speak for true Christians. The Bible says homosexuality is a sin. Plain and simple. If you're a Christian and you don't think homosexuality is a sin, you're not a Christian. You can't pick and choose parts of the Bible you like and parts you don't. It's all or nothing.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Wow, it's kind of sad that in order to be a Christian you have to openly opress and hate an entire group of the general population. Not very christ like is it?

I think your last statement has really put a foot into Christianitie's mouth. And what does it mean to be a "true" Christian?

According to your logic it's to follow the Bible to the letter without looking the other way, which means you'd have to stone individuals for simple things.

Very strange indeed.

And as far as picking parts of the Bible you like and parts that you don't, Christians are usually the first to throw that dogma in your face when it is they who openly hate and discriminate and then claim the Bible as the cause, when in fact the Bible is suppose to preach love and acceptance to all people...

~Keeper

[edit on 7/1/2009 by tothetenthpower]

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

You don't have to openly hate another group of people. Being a Christian doesn't mean hating someone because of what the Bible calls sinful behavior.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Apparently it does according to those who support Prop 8 among other hateful agendas. If not, then why would it be of any concern to Christians what homosexuals do with their lives?

Is it not up to God to judge those who do him wrong?

~Keeper

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join