It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Gayby boom': Children of gay couples speak out

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by mjfromga

I can understand your point, however, making exeptions for the ones who DON"T pose a threat to society and are doing it out simply wanting to have the same benefits as others should be done gleefully.

I mean, homosexuals don't hurt anyone, don't affect anyone and aren't a detriment on society in any way, shape or form.

So not giving them such things is silly really. Now when speaking of incestuous acts like a father marrying his daughter, well that poses a threat now doesn't it?

If they are sleeping together, then they may have inbred children, which result in more tax payer money being used to treat them. So the lines aren't as blurred as people would like to believe.

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Once again, I disagree with the lifestyle choice but it has to be better to have a unified caring gay set of parents then two disfunctional straight ones that do nothing but swear and throw stuff thus leading the child to develope in a hostile environment. I doubt there is any credence to the idea that having a gay set of parents would influence a child's future oreintation.

The more stable the family environment is, the more likely the child will have stable emotions and will follow their natural biological programming. All the parenting in the world isn't going to undo the impact of hormones once they are teens. That's not to say all gay people suffer from an emotional disorder of some kind as anybody from any walk of life can make any lifestyle choice they prefer.

An orphan is better off having a caring home than no home. Anyone arguing the contrary that they'd be better off alone than in the hands of a functional gay couple is kidding themselves.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I am not a flamboyant homosexual, most people are shocked when they find out that I am.

See, now here is the difference. I have had this conversation with my wife who is for gay marriage, where I am for equal rights, but believe it should not be a government matter.

You are the type of gay male I have no problem with. From my point of view your sexual choices are private and no one elses business. Just as any humans sexuality is private.

But I have a real problem with flamboyant gays who like to parade around like little 12 year old girls. In my opinion it is irresponsible for someone to parade around like that...whether it be on t.v. or in any public arena. What you do in your home is of no consequence to me. But with everything going on in the world, I know the day is coming where I will have to sit down and talk with my son because he is going to ask me why that man looks and acts like a girl. I shouldnt have to do that.

This is where I believe it is relative. I dont believe a flamboyant gay man should be allowed to adopt a child with a partner. Someone reasonable and does not have to throw around an act for whatever reason is well entitled to adopt. I appreciate you being that way.

It will be much easier to explain to a child, that everyone has the right to make their own personal decisions when they get older, but I havent a clue how to explain to my son why a man has to act and talk like a girl.

[edit on 29-6-2009 by open_eyeballs]

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by open_eyeballs

Ok, that I can understand. However, for an example, my husband could be considered flamboyant by some. He has more manurisms, and most people think the plays the "woman" in our relationship.

It's not true, since I am the more sensitive, sit down and talk type however. You see how appearences can be misleading?

And most flamboyant gay men who parade around are ones who will never have children and are simply rebelling. I don't think it's right either.

Just because I like boys does not mean I should start acting like a girl. That's just common sense.

As far as explaining to your child why this occurs, you simply need to promote individuality and tell him that some people create images around what they think is the way they should act. Kids aren't as dumb as we think they are. Aslong as things are explained in a way that they can relate to, they understand 98% of the time.

~Keeper

[edit on 6/29/2009 by tothetenthpower]

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Eitimzevinten

And really? That is the only true argument that can be made. Most children who come from relatively functional households will grow up to be relatively well functioning adults! The same goes for the adverse.

Though, this isn't 100%. There's a lot to the human psyche that is untapped and unknown.

Maybe in 30 years science will discover that homosexual parents produce better functioning adults! I highly, highly doubt it...but, the opposite seems to be the current thought process at the moment..

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   

It has been my experience that the 'swishy queens' are not interested in raising children. Too wrapped up in themselves (Boy am I setting myself up for a reaming with that comment!) to want to share the 'spotlight'.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

I don't think anyone here is going to disagree too much with that comment...

I think it would be just as difficult to explain why a 20 something year old man is wearing a belly shirt and big sunglasses as it would be to explain why a 20 something year old man has bejeweled teeth with his shorts around his knees...

Everyone is going to meet someone, at some time, that sticks out from the norm... It's life.

[edit on 6/29/0909 by Adagio11]

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   

I have no problem with gays raising children. I have known enough kids from such unions to realize they are usually good kids, and any child raised in a loving and nurturing environment is OK with me. In fact, most gays I know are fairly well educated individuals and children of such individuals normally value education as well, which will in turn provide opportunities and benefits for that child as he/she seeks a career. God only knows that Mr. & Mrs. Bubba living in the single-wide with six kids will not provide such opportunties to their young-uns.

I just can't get myself to start handing out marriage exceptions. The husband with two or three wives isn't hurting society either (I've often told my husband, when I arrive home from work tired and the house needs cleaning and dinner needs cooking, that I wish we had a wife). I still can't go with the exceptions for marriage. However, I think wills should be given more teeth -- if Jack is in sound mind when the will was written, and he states that Ben should receive his chattel or be allowed visitation in the hospital as next of kin, then that should take precidence over anything that Jack's parents or siblings want. And I think that has been some of the problem...parents not allowing Ben to make funeral arrangements because he wasn't next of kin.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   

As far as explaining to your child why this occurs, you simply need to promote individuality and tell him that some people create images around what they think is the way they should act. Kids aren't as dumb as we think they are. Aslong as things are explained in a way that they can relate to, they understand 98% of the time.

I like it.
I may have to use those words exactly...

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Adagio11

I have no religious input for the matter (or any other) as I believe accepting what other people have thought without question is the equivalent of not thinking at all and that goes for anything including issues beyond religion. I'd like to believe that I approach any topic that confronts me with atleast some kind of logical analysis. I can't just say that I'm for or against something and then not back it up with a reason because that would be foolish (plus I'm an Aries which would also make that boring
).

Logically speaking, a better family environment increases the chances of (not guarantees) being a capable adult. A disfunctional family environment decreases the chances of (but does not rule out) being a capable adult. There are many other environmental factors responsible for someones developement and honestly its a crapshoot on how they are going to turn out. Parenting is just one of those many factors but making sure that it isn't an issue is always a step in the right direction.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   

You're welcome.

Really thought that's the best explanation that you can give kids about weird people in general.

These sorts of people like flamboyant gay guys or "butch" lesbians have a somewhat skewed view of how things are. They think they need to move to the extreme in order to be accepted, it's not true.

They build a persona from the image, instead of the image from the persona.

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by mjfromga

Again I agree, I am AGAINST gay marriage. I truly am, because I respect the religious folks and marriage is theirs, it always has been.

I support equal rights or benefits for gay couples under the law.

Religious people have the right to refuse to marry two people if they think that it goes against their views, that's the beauty of freedom of speech and freedom of religion.

It's just sad that the gay community keep pushing for a term that really has no affect on anything. I really don't care what they call it, it might as well be happy go lucky time.

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   
In fact some gay men have sex with their son....
www.newsobserver.com...

Here is the man's Amazon Wish List....
www.amazon.com...

He was gay, living with another man, had an adopted son and performed sex acts on the kid. That is really something dontcha think?

How about that last line of the N&O article...
"We care deeply about our children and want them to grow up in a friendly and stimulating environment,"

Yep. That is some real stimulation.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by THX-1138

Shall we bring up the statistics of this occuring amongst heterosexual men??? Perhaps you remember this???

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Some people will claim that being raised by homosexual parents could affect the children in a negative way. That their lives will be forever damaged growing up in an environment like that, and I'd say to those people, what about the millions of children who have to suffer through divorce, bitter custody disputes, and years of guilt believing it is their fault that their parents separated.

Not to mention the fact that nearly fifty percent of marriages in today's day and age end in divorce as well.

The way I see it is, whether the parents are straight or gay, if children grow up in a happy and loving environment, then there shouldn't be a problem.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Staringintoinfinity

Oh sorry my ignorant friend, but you are wrong. The fact that they did it means that they will soon be able to make kids with it.

Do you really think that it will end here? That this is the end of the line? I doubt it.

Probably within 5 years you'll see a baby born with 2 daddies or 2 mommies biologically.

Let me explain.

All you'd have to do is introduce the proteins which first construct a y chromosome for a new baby. By altering the chromosomes with these proteins, you make them compatible.

But proteins are infuriating when it comes to constructing them. but it can be done.

Once it is, it will happen.

What will happen then.

I just want to know. What would you say when you see this child born, perfectly normal, with gay parents biologically?

[edit on 30-6-2009 by Gorman91]

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by THX-1138
www.newsobserver.com...

www.amazon.com...

He was gay, living with another man, had an adopted son and performed sex acts on the kid. That is really something dontcha think?

How about that last line of the N&O article... "We care deeply about our children and want them to grow up in a friendly and stimulating environment,"

Child molestation is an awful, awful thing. But child molestation is not a "homosexual" problem. it's a psychological problem. I did an extensive amount of research for a class in sex crimes for my Bachelors in Criminal Justice. Though I didn't really use this paper to write my own, it gave me a great starting point and helped be greatly with directional support!

Facts About Homosexuality and Child Molestation

For the present discussion, the important point is that many child molesters cannot be meaningfully described as homosexuals, heterosexuals, or bisexuals (in the usual sense of those terms) because they are not really capable of a relationship with an adult man or woman. Instead of gender, their sexual attractions are based primarily on age. These individuals – who are often characterized as fixated – are attracted to children, not to men or women.

One of the most interesting parts in the article is the complete misconception that touching other males makes you a homosexual (as seen above). Stereotyping and generalizing are bad, bad words.

I heard of a homosexual that was a pedophile, therefor all homosexuals are pedophiles. I could use the exact same verbiage and replace homosexual with heterosexual.

Think before you speak.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by THX-1138
www.newsobserver.com...

www.amazon.com...

How about that last line of the N&O article...
"We care deeply about our children and want them to grow up in a friendly and stimulating environment,"

Here we have the true definition of homophobia.... an irrational fear...

All the women I know who were molested as children all had their heterosexual fathers and/or brothers as the assailant...

I guess we shouldn't let men have kids at all then eh?

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   

but thats all well and good what YOU think, i personally think its terrible that redneck gunrights nuts are setting such a bad example to their children and i believe this could and often does cause all manor of later psychological problems and sometimes even results in the deaths of totally innocent people!

How would you feel i i started banning republicans from getting married?

obama has his 60th senate seat now he #could# do it

But then im big enough to admit that what i want doesn't go for everyone and heck i suppose we'll just have to try best we can to offer those poor kids some form of psychological help when they need it, some friendly pointers an all 'cause you shouldn't impose your values on others if its none of your business.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join