It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Gayby boom': Children of gay couples speak out

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by grapesofraft

They are not mentally ill because of the homosexual aspect, but because of the incestuous aspect. You can not be a well adjusted individual if that's where you find romantic love.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

Well isnt it true that part of the grounds for supporting homosexual marriage is that people are born that way or people cannot choose who they love. It is a fact that if your parents raise you right you will love them and that at some points in a childs development they will fall romantically in love with one of their parents. So who is to say that is not what happened in this case.

The point is how is it right to redifine marriage based on what you find acceptable, but then limit it once it falls outside of your idea of sane or right?

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Doesnt it make any of you mad when they call your children "Gayby's". That just seems insulting to me.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   

eh, people strive for the shock value of things, so you know...I'm not too worried...

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Not my definition, but the definition of mental health care professionals. If they considered homosexuality were a mental illness, we would not be having this debate, and I would be in therapy. If it could be 'fixed', then I for one would be in line. Life is tough enough without the additional baggage that comes from being 'outside the societal norm'.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

To tell you the truth Jackson, I thrive to be outside the societal norm. It's a such a weak standard, and the bar is set so low. Anybody who truly wants to be a part of "mainstream" society, it's wasting precious Air.

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Considering the list of derogatory terms that are used to describe us, 'gaybies' is rather tame. You learn to develop a thick skin.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy with who and what I am, but if I could have skipped the whole 'coming out' experience, I would have! Hopefully, with the kind of dialogue that we are engaged in now, this will not be such a traumatic event for future generations!

Edit to add: And even if I weren't gay, I'd still be outside the box.

[edit on 29-6-2009 by JaxonRoberts]

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by glock19

How pleasant, yet another homophobe on the boards.

Look, there is no need for that kind of language friend, stop attempting to get a rise out of people. If you have nothing nice to say, say nothing

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   

I love my parents, I love my brother, I love my friends male and female, but I can guarantee you I've never loved any of them romantically. Has anyone here, really? I don't think so. I think it's a bunch of propaganda [snip]

Mod Edit - removed profanity
Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 29-6-2009 by elevatedone]

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Oh, come on now!

That's unnecessary... I just joined this website because everyone seemed to be level-headed adults who used big words and lots of terms I learned in my "Rhetorical Analysis" class last spring...

Anyway... I'm mad that I wasn't able to jump on this forum a few hours ago when people were still talking about gay adoption. As with any gay topic, the argument always warps into homosexual marriage and whether being "gay" is nature or nurture.

[edit on 29-6-2009 by Adagio11]

[edit on 29-6-2009 by Adagio11]

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Mod Edit - Mod Note: You Have An Urgent U2U- Click Here.

[edit on 29-6-2009 by elevatedone]

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by toochaos4u

First I would like to say good for you for stepping up and being a positive influence. There will always be exceptions to every rule. But I stick with my original comment, and their is a reason I preceeded it with " In my opinion.

Secondly, I would like to know how old the child is? Because in my opinion you showing intimate relations with your partner in front of a boy whom doesn't understand sexuality yet is not a good thing. He should first understand sexuality and how it is every persons personal decision how they interact with the opposite sex before an influence of a gay/alternative lifestyles has influence over him.

And please don't tell me that your choice of lifestyle does not have influence. It most certainly does, especially with the role you play in his life. Just as a drug addict or alcoholic would have an affect, and just as a caring mother and father would have an affect, you and how you choose to live your life has an affect on his life.

[edit on 29-6-2009 by open_eyeballs]

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by open_eyeballs

Intimate relations in front of a child (other than the usual quick kiss hello or goodbye) is inappropriate no matter what the sexual orientation of the parents!

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Reading all of the posts previous to this one, I saw a large number of people speaking of male (father) and female (mother) being crucial to a child's development.

I agree completely! Though these roles aren't gender specific. These are emotional roles. Nature and nurture have been defined as being gender specific, but most homosexuals I know (and I know quite a few) tend to lean towards having one personality or another.

Another person brought up the "Butch and the...more effeminate of the two", and I can agree to that to an extent. Though, I think with most homosexuals, they tend to encompass a little of both. Regardless, this does satisfy both emotional roles being practiced and both parts leading to a whole.

Me personally, I have quite a few masculine traits and quite a few effeminate traits. I think it would do a child quite well to see that one gender has no absolute role while the other gender picks up with the first lacks. It's called being well rounded...a crucial aspect in ANY childhood!

[edit on 6/29/0909 by Adagio11]

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Adagio11

I like your thoughts on this matter. I agree with you. The gender roles are static and can be taken on by both male or female.

Well rounded was a good way of putting it friend. And welcome to ATS, feel free to message me if you have any questions.

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by NovusOrdoMundi

So you think it's OK for any two people or group of people to marry? It's OK for a brother and sister, father and daughter, a man and four women, etc.? Why even have marriage, then, let's all just have one big orgy and the government can pay for us all (Oh, yea, that's what we are going to with Obama).

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by mjfromga

Feel free to read the rest of the thread. This has been asked and answered (to death).

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join