It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Gayby boom': Children of gay couples speak out

page: 15
<< 12  13  14   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

ok well how about instead of ad homming me why dont you debate my points.

To the other guy, yeah i totally agree the gay rights movement is often just as hypocritical when preaching however some issues come down to a more basic moral set, the universal 'are they hurting / oppressing anyone else?' if one group is free to live on the earth so should all the others.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by NatureBoy

There's nothing to debate, as I'm a 'live and let live' kind of guy. Just 'cuz I don't like it doesn't mean I don't support the right to do it. As for the Ad Hominem attacks, go back and reread the thread starting with your first post. I think you will find that you initiated the personal snipes, and I have been trying to get the tone back to a civil one. I have yet to use any personal attacks with you, and I don't intend to start now.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
reply to post by Totakeke

Wow, it's kind of sad that in order to be a Christian you have to openly opress and hate an entire group of the general population. Not very christ like is it?

I'm not christian, so I'm not defending christianity. Yet, who said you should "hate" them? Thats your own way of thinking. The bible are for people that want to act according to Christianity, that believe in Christianity and want to enter Jesus kingdom of heaven. Nowhere in the bible it said that humans should hate gay humans, this is your modern way of thinking.

Just like homosexuals are attacking people and calling others that does not accept homosexuality as homophobic. I'm not a homophobic, because I'm not afraid of gay people. Nor do I hate gay people, because hatred is an act of emotion, which in turn is an form of irrationality.

But I do think homosexuality is wrong and unnatural. If there is Gods that created humans, then Im sure they don't accept homosexuality. It doesn't need much thinking to know that homosexuality is not true human behaviour. It's just that in modern times people are so confused and have no control over their own behaviour, so they think homosexuality is okey.

Isn't there pedophiles that say they are attracted to children and it is their right to have sex to children? Have you noticed some pedophiles speaking just like some homosexuals did several hundred years ago? If we continue like this, in a couple of hundred years, pedophilia will be legal. People have truly lost their moral standards.

[edit on 4-7-2009 by nau310d]

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by nau310d

Isn't there pedophiles that say they are attracted to children and it is their right to have sex to children? Have you noticed some pedophiles speaking just like some homosexuals did several hundred years ago? If we continue like this, in a couple of hundred years, pedophilia will be legal. People have truly lost their moral standards.

Your slippery slope argument makes my brain cry.

Please explain how pedophiles sound like homosexuals "several hundred years ago", I'm truly curious how you rationalize this comparison.

[edit on 7/4/2009 by ZombieOctopus]

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by ZombieOctopus

i don't know what that nutnut is getting at but i just wanted to remind both of you,

a couple of hundred years ago being a pedo was normal - go read something as late as Dickens 'Hard Times' to see a 12/14 year old Lucy married off to an 40 something banker Mr Bounderbry - however due to the Christian traditions of homophobia being gay was punishable by death.

Further back in Greece or Roman times the young slave which was to be raped was as likely to be male as female.

We never had a world of magic perfect morals - today we're probably the closest we've ever been to a universally 'fair' moral set which protects each and every member of society - however we're still a LONG way off.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Child molesters and zoophiles are nothing like homosexuals.
Gay people are concenting adults that are not doing anything wrong.
Children can't concent,as they don't have the mental ability.
Animals can't concent as well,because they don't have mental ability as well.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14   >>

join