It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something strange is happening in the forests of Africa.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Something strange is happening in the forests of Africa. Chimpanzees are doing things no one has seen them do before: they are having pool parties. But that's not all. At a site called Fongoli, in Senegal, they have also invented a remarkable way to catch a meal. They are making spears and hunting, just like our ancestors.

Fresh steaks and a swimming pool? How long until they fire up the barbecue? After all, the great apes—chimpanzees, orangutans, gorillas, and bonobos—seem so much like us, it's hard not to feel a deep connection.

Watch the show here. one hour in 6 parts

Google Video Link

Edited to include the google vid ... I apologize to those outside the US who couldn't access the PBS web site

[edit on 28-6-2009 by DaddyBare]

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Nice post but damm ....anyone outside the USA cant watch it!!

Probably some more mind control stuff with subliminal messages that anyone other than americans wont be controlled by!!

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I wonder if the monkies have any associating with music?

This is indeed wonderful stuff!

[edit on 28-6-2009 by bismarcksea]

+5 more 
posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

You asked :
Fresh steaks and a swimming pool? How long until they fire up the barbecue?

Just about a week before they invent derivates trading ...

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I really shouldn't give the Prince of Darkness any more ideas on how to survive the pole shift. Guess I messed up the heaven on earth thing. My bad. Apologies! No hard feeling, mmmkay?

+12 more 
posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
well well,monkeys having pool parties,well there`s a thing.
I can go one better than that.
Over here in the uk we got a monkey running the country,infact there are a few
monkeys running (or ruining) countries all over the world.
Now thats intelligent

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
This could give us the premise to rethink all of our origins. Perhaps sentience begins far after a "logical" brain. That only after a certain part of developement can a group become self aware. But most of all this could explain the unexplained items that we find in prehistory that seem to out date what is expected to be found, I am not saying that it was apes or monkeys. But perhaps we ourselves are more ancient than we want to acknowledge.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Wow, thanks for that....What an incredibly fascinating series, revealing some amazing things about apes... S&F!

Sometimes I wonder if there is a secondary evolution of apes to man that is happening right before our very eyes. And if that is the case, and apes are evolving into man for the second time (or maybe even the 100th time?), then I have to wonder what are humans evolving into?

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I believe we give our primate relatives less credit than is due. Or any other living being for this matter. The only reason humans are so advanced is we figured out how to educate the young with knowledge passed down from generation to generation.

If the monkeys started passing down more and more info, I believe they would be perfectly capable of feats such as us humans have experienced.

And the big question is, what if they have been passing this memory language system of knowledge from generations down, but we are not advanced enough to notice it.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
This is nothing amazing, if anything its a step in the wrong direction. The most likley situation is that this is learned behavior from humans, the day a chimpanzee starts cooking its food is the day you know the earth has gone completly down the #ter

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Spears?

Next thing you know they will be tasering each other.

EDIT: Can't watch.. I will look for it on Youtube.

Thanks

[edit on 6/28/2009 by blind.face]

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Even when America is on its death bed it won't share a video clip! This country disgusts me. Take it with you to the grave!

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

That's the exact thought I had reading this post! Humans left their habitat, more or less, and built civilizations, so now the apes get an opportunity to advance and fill the niche we left.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

As humans are evolving so to are "the animals".

Dogs are smarter.

My dog is doing stuff that if I told you - you just wouldn't believe.

Humans live 80-90 years and have I believe a genetic memory so do animals.

The entire planet is evolving.

[edit on 28-6-2009 by ofhumandescent]

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I don't know what people are laughing at. While we've had our gaze fixed on the Illuminati/Bilderberg/NWO an even greater evil has been stirring in the rainforest:

That whole banana peeling thing was nothing but a diversion.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I'm sorry to those outside the US who couldnt access Nova specal. My Above link was to the PBS web site but let me try to post the google version, if it doesnt work I'll add the link so you can go stright to google yourselves

Google Video Link

Link to google viedo's
Sprry about the problems folks

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
do they have a god? that would be crazy
'

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
curious as how this website is sponsored by exxon mobil a rockefellar company, wonder if there're trying to tell us something.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Frankly, i do not trust the idea that chimps never sat in the pond. And it is known that great apes can use tools. It is different thing to hunt with a spear then to crash a nut between two rocks, but i did not see a spear hunt, just chimp with a stick.
So far i saw nothing extraordinary, but i have to admit that i watched only beginning of the video. If there are phalanxes of marching chimps with spears, consider me wrong.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
They might be like you but they're not like me. This story will undoubtedly prove to be BS driven by an agenda.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join